Santa's Secret

Black Tea, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Peppermint, Sprinkles
Creamy, Mint, Vanilla, Peppermint, Sugar, Sweet, Artificial, Chocolate
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I picked this up on the weekend since i was trying to remember if i liked it or not. I still do, so that's good to know, though it's less wonderful than the first time i had it as my tastes have...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5374 tasting notes
  • “This tea is so good. Too bad I steeped it in my Timolino tumbler. I gave it 20 minutes to cool with the lid off but still managed to burn my tongue so badly that an hour later it still feels...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “It's official, Santa's Secret is my Pumpkin Chai. Love and adore this blend. My amazing and wonderful mother in law found me some soy egg nog for the holidays and sent an unopened carton home with...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1320 tasting notes
  • “Santa Baby, Coming down my chimney tonight... But only with this tea! Creepiness of that song aside, this tea is still going strong. Delicious, creamy and smooth, it has a richness that is...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 698 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Ever wonder how Santa manages to deliver all those presents in just one night? Well here’s the hush-hush formula. He uses a special combination of Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves and spices – all sprinkled with real little candy canes. It’s both energizing and remarkably soothing. All Santa needs is one cup and his motto changes from “ho ho ho” to “go go go”

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I barely get any mint out of this which is a shame. It’s an okay black though but nothing spectacular. I prefer Read My Lips or White Chocolate Frost to this.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

What is there to say about this tea besides..I want to set up the tree and start the Christmas music NOW! I took my chances and ordered online before the “smell test”. I am not a peppermint fan, but I thought that if it just had a hint it wouldn’t be too bad. I am glad I ordered it!

This tea smells like Christmas in a cup. SO GOOD! There is a nice smell of peppermint, not to overpowering and a little kick of cinnamon. Then the taste test. Wow, perfect! They got the peppermint bang on…not too much, not too little! This is a new fave in my house!

OMG! I only bought 100g, but I’m thinking the next empty tin will be a toss up between this or chilli chocolate chai..

So good

All my favourite things in one cup, pepermint, chocolate and tea!

SIP, SIP ahhh

Eisenherz

I vote for Santa’s Secret! Chocolate Chili Chai will hang around a bit longer….still a few months :P

aisling of tea

Yeah, I’m considering picking up another tin to get me through until next winter…I already have two >.>

Also, there’s no chocolate in this blend!

Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me some of this tea. It’s awesome!

This really tastes like a candy cane! Yummy! It has a pleasant sweetness, and a good amount of peppermint without being too minty. A really delightful blend.

I never really know what tea to drink in the morning because I always feel it’s too sweet or not enough caffeine or I just don’t feel it fits. Santa’s Secret is one of my absolute favorites and this morning I thought : why not? Let’s try it. It’s quite sweet, yes, but it’s also mint and for me, mint is great all day long. Plus it always gives me a nice energy boost.

And you know what ? It fits perfectly this morning ! :)

LOADING up on this for the year because sweet mother of pearl I am in love. Subtle mint with little floaty candy canes. So simple but so freaking delicious.

So this was day 12 of the 12 days of christmas and i sent it too all of thee! I chose this cues the candy canes remind me of the Drummers outfits and how they need alot of energy to get and moving!

today i am at Work and i have been up since 5 Am and needed some help!
this minty fresh tea is just the ticket! its Warm and minty and it tast like i have a candy cane in my tea :) i feel like almost putting on in lol!
Giving out Gifts of cookies to the residence now thanks to the Skip in my step and feel like santa! :)
Merry christmas to all And to call a good Day!

I stopped by David’s Tea yesterday (as it was yet another very cold day). I remember seeing this one last year but I never got around to trying it before they took it away. I was so glad they brought it back and am VERY glad I got to try it this time cause it was delicious! I found it very similar to Read My Lips but unlike that tea, it had no strange aftertaste which made me prefer this tea. The mint is not at all overpowering. It actually has a hint of sweetness to it which makes the tea smoother and very nice to drink. This is probably one of my holiday favourites and I will be stocking up on this one before it disappears again!

TheKesser

With read my lips I think it’s the chocolate that leaves that after taste for me. I absolutely love this one.

MooKiwi

I think so too! I find that a lot of the teas with chocolate or artificial flavouring tend to leave the after taste. I really enjoyed this one and will get like 100g maybe even like 200g of this!

Completely worth the shipping from Canada.

Mildly minty, mildly sweet, good black tea base. All the flavors seem to blend well together and none overpower any others. Goes without saying that the tiny candy canes are darling. They melt instantly, which was my fear – that they would be that hard and cheap insoluble “candy” and be a pointless addition.

I wish I’d jumped in and bought more than the minimum.

Hurray! My massive shipment from Davids came in today!

First cup from the batch (I realize this is a Christmas tea, but lets just pretend it’s still December). On opening the package, I initially smelled a sweet peppermint that reminded me much of candy canes, but there is an underlying rich depth to the scent as well.

I have not had much experience with Chinese Black Tea, but this tea is incredibly smooth with a prominent peppermint flavor. However, the aftertaste shifts from peppermint to a delicate sweetness I can’t seem to put my finger on (I suspect it’s the black tea base). I am curious as to what spices were used in this combination, I can’t particularly pick them out, but I suppose that would be Santa’s Secret! ;)

Overall, a very delicious tea! I’m disappointed I only bought 50g of it.