Elf Help

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Eisenherz

• “This is such a FUN tea!!!! VERY colorful ingredients and highly scented! I can taste the green tea, sure, but there is a fruit salad type quality to it that I just can't shake! It's VERY...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “SIPDOWN! Not sure where my previous notes on this one went but thanks to *raritea* for letting me having some of this a short while back. This isn't bad. It's fruity and light and refreshing. ” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4041 tasting notes
  • “I've been a wee bit absent haven't I? Its not because I don't love you all, or (gasp!) fallen out of love with tea, I've just been having so many issues with my medical condition. I've not been...” Read full tasting note
    jennanlovell 223 tasting notes
  • “Yum! This is really good! Thanks to *TeaEqualsBliss* for sending me some! This is quite sweet - almost candy-like in sweetness, but my sweet tooth happily approves. It is very fruity, but not...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4227 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Productively festive
Sweet and fruity with a dash of nutty flavour, this green tea is the saviour of elves everywhere. When they’re building to deadline in the workshop, they crave a drink that’s like dessert with a kick of energy. So we made a tea that tastes just like fruitcake in a mug. Add some brandy for the authentic cake experience – those tipsy elves always do.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is such a FUN tea!!!! VERY colorful ingredients and highly scented!

I can taste the green tea, sure, but there is a fruit salad type quality to it that I just can’t shake! It’s VERY tasty! I’m SO THANKFUL there isn’t Hibiscus in this! Thanks DavidsTea!

Check out these ingredients!!!!!

Sencha green tea, orange peel, apple, papaya, raisins, barberries, freeze-dried cranberries, coconut

I can see them all and they are all awesome! The more I drink this the more I am enjoying it! It’s fruity without being TOO fruity on the tongue! This is a GREAT offering from DavidsTea!!!

SIPDOWN! Not sure where my previous notes on this one went but thanks to raritea for letting me having some of this a short while back. This isn’t bad. It’s fruity and light and refreshing.

Ysaurella

so the tea is better than the picture…it looks so weird on the small pic…

ysurella – yes but i don’t think it’s a tea that you’d find enjoyable :)

Ysaurella

…means I won’t be able to taste the TEA ? ;)

exactement!

I’ve been a wee bit absent haven’t I? Its not because I don’t love you all, or (gasp!) fallen out of love with tea, I’ve just been having so many issues with my medical condition. I’ve not been symptomatic for almost 4 weeks and I’m still only just getting back on track. Its been a major pain. Literally – I’ve had more pain medication than is medically recommended, but my doctors have said its better than me being in agony for weeks on end. I won’t bore you all here, but I’ve started writing about it on a proper normal style blog instead of just clogging up this tea blog, so have a read/follow/comment/ignore me at your leisure: http://mymissingfactor.wordpress.com/.

And, in other fun news, I think I mentioned previously I was doing a 60 Day Challenge at my local barre studio – I won the runner up prize! So exciting! I get to go shopping for more tights and other clothes for barre! Weehee! I totally think it was the overconsumption of iced rooibos that gave me the edge.

And to counter my good news, our blender became a casualty in our soup making process last night. I am now sad because medical bills mean I don’t have the spare cash to fork out for my beloved Blentec until tax return time. :(

Anywho, on to Elf Help! My lovely other half has a week off work this week (becuase he doesn’t have an inherited medical condition which has recently seen him drain all of his leave reserves to a blip. No, I’m not bitter about that at all!), so he packed my timolino with this while I was dressing this morning. Oh my he made it well! Perfect selection of green tea, orange and cranberries to give it s lovely zing. I really like this, I might have to order more. And its warming me up on this chilly day.

so sorry you’re going through all that :( We’ve missed your review so it’s nice to see you back.

TassieTeaGirl

Yes, its certainly made life more interrupted over the last few months that I’d anticipated. Thanks for the message Sil.

Memily

Oh lady that sounds no fun at all. Apart from congrats on the barre prize, I mean! I’ll go check out your real blog xx

you totally made me want to go find somewhere here that does barre workouts. Throwback to my old ballet dancing days :)

TassieTeaGirl

Oh I just love barre, and the challenge was just an awesome 8 weeks. I definitely recommend checking it out, most studios have an introductory offer making it cheaper to try out.

Yum! This is really good! Thanks to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me some!

This is quite sweet – almost candy-like in sweetness, but my sweet tooth happily approves. It is very fruity, but not so much that it overwhelms the sencha. Very tasty! YUMYUMYUMYUMYUM!

It’s bubblegum. Very fruity, but candy fruity. Orangey candy. I’ve found that I really don’t like the smell of apple pieces in tea. Thankfully, I couldn’t smell the apple in the final product.
I dunnoooo… I don’t really want to drink a tea that reminds me of bubblegum. I think can drink this and enjoy it, but it’s not really for me. I guess this is the point after a second date where you decide you just want to be friends.

KeenTeaThyme

" I guess this is the point after a second date where you decide you just want to be friends." LOL ;)

Ninavampi

Exact same thing happened to me with Peachberry Jasmine from Teavana. Odd…

Maisonlula

If you ever want to get rid of it!! Please do let me know!! My twin is dying for a tea like this, she has a sweet tooth,, just let me know if you’re willing to trade or not, I don’t mind if not..x

Mercuryhime

If she likes sweet then this would be perfect for her. But I only had a sample size and I drank it all. Sorryyyy. when I get home in two weeks I can see if I have other sweet teas lurking around to trade. :)

Maisonlula

ahh no worries!!! Thankyou for getting back to me so quick!! x

CHAroma

Hahahahahaha!!! Let’s just be friends, LOL! Sooo funny!!

Thanks to Sil for sending me this one :)

I’ve been eyeing this one of the David’s website for some time. I have discovered I love tea with cranberries so I wanted to try everything I could with cranberries, but I’m always hesitant to order 50g of something I’ve never actually tried.

This one smells like some sort of candy, though I can’t quite figure out which candy.

It has such a fascinating taste. I’m enjoying it, I think. There’s cranberries in there somewhere, and the orange peel (or perhaps the barberries?) must give it that little kick. I’m not sure what a barberry is, so I can’t comment on that. Overall an interesting tea. I’m so happy I got to try this one out, thanks again Sil!

YAY! so glad to be able to help out :)

Courtney

Both this and Prince Vladimir I’ve been waiting for, I really appreciate you sharing :)

Sipdown from the Advent Calendar!

This tea tastes so much like 52teas’ Virgin Fuzzy Navel green. It’s very citrusy, and I’d say peachy, with almost a fizzy taste. The sencha base comes out mostly in the aftertaste as kind of a caramelly flavour, which is pretty tasty. Overall, it’s not bad, but I don’t tend to be a huge fan of flavoured greens, so probably wouldn’t buy it again (although I think it may have been discontinued anyhow).

Despite this being a Christmas tea, I’ve been thinking it would probably make a great iced tea.

It does. This is lovely. Sweet and just a touch tart to keep it nice and fresh-tasting.

aisling of tea

Did you cold brew this one overnight?

Jessie

Yep! I had a few sips only an hour or two after I started it last night and it was good but it’s now been sitting about 12 hours and is delicious.

aisling of tea

Ooooh yay! Will definitely need to try this method, then. Greens are too fussy for me to do hot.

Way more sweet than I expected that’s for sure!

Tastes just like Rockets Candies to a T.
So much rocket candy that I don’t think I can drink more than one cup.. but that’s because I once ate way too many rockets. I can’t find my photo proof, but I’m talking… 8 cups of rockets in a one month period. Good ol’ University.

revlisx

I was surprised by the sweetness of this one too! Definitely a dessert tea

licious

I had this exact same experience! Its difficult for me to get a whole cup down, even though I do enjoy it. The rocket-iness of it is just so overwhelming.

C-chan

I am entirely amused and happy that someone else thought of the rockets connection. That is THE first thing I thought of when I smelled and tasted the tea.

OK my buds are seriously messed!! I quite enjoyed this (for a sencha. I hate sencha) but I tasted MINT! fresh, springy, mint! There is no mint in the ingredients… so how is this possible hmm?? Some of the fruitiness came out as well though I can’t be sure what exactly I was tasting. and there was no nuttiness whatsoever :(
agh. Anyhow, I went for a second steeping and the sencha came out more. I was not a fan.
I can’t remember enjoying a green tea more, except dragonwell. No nausea… I guess the “fruit” masked it for me