Cream of Earl Grey (organic)

Black Tea, Cornflower Petals, Marigold Petals, Natural Bergamot Oil, Natural Vanilla Flavor
Caramel, Custard, Vanilla, Bergamot, Earl Grey, Creamy, Sugar, Sweet, Smooth, Orange Zest, Cream, Chocolate, Anise
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

A creamy twist

Lovers of Earl Grey adore this creamy alternative to the original blend. You’ll recognize the same high-quality black tea, the same citrus burst of bergamot oil, the same beautiful grey-blue petals. However this version adds a touch of vanilla, and the result is an unexpectedly rich, creamy taste experience. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Black tea, cornflowers. With natural vanilla and bergamot flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Mmmmm. What a great go to tea. A twist on a classic earl grey with a creamy vanilla flavor that doesn’t taste artificial or jump out at you. With the smallest touch of cream and a little stevia this is a really lovely treat!

Flavors: Creamy, Earl Grey, Vanilla

Again, I was hesitant about Earl Grey teas but the hint of vanilla in this tea makes it to die for. Be careful not to steep for too long or else the flavour becomes really strong and bitter.

Flavors: Earl Grey, Vanilla

I’m not familiar with earl grey tea’s so I feel like I can’t give a proper review of something I’m not sure what it is supposed to taste like but I just didn’t like it.

When I went to DavidsTea to get a bit of each tea that I wanted to try, this was the only tea that I got a whole 2oz of before even knowing how it would taste, because the smell got me. I went with my friend who is new to tea and she wasn’t planning on buying any but she loved how it smelled too and bought 2oz as well. I’ll be honest, she went home and tried it and told me that it was “weird.” I tried it and it was….meh.

After forgetting about it for quite some time, I was suddenly reminded of this tea that was haphazardly thrown in the back of my cupboard and decided to give it a second chance. This time, I lowered the temperature of the water and shortened the steeping time. And it. was. amazing.

All sweet and full of creamy goodness, I am definitely planning to buy more of this. Thankfully, it’s one of the more relatively cheap teas available :)

Flavors: Cream, Vanilla

Wow… this tea is amazing. It smells delicious, it tastes delicious! It’s my go-to earl grey and morning tea… and afternoon tea… and evening tea… I drink this all the time! I love it!

Flavors: Bergamot, Cream, Vanilla

I am not a fan of bergamot but I actually like this well enough. Crazy. Vanilla is a magical substance! Granted, I did add milk and sugar because I was apprehensive about the blerg, but those two combined with the vanilla tamed the flavor beast that is bergamot so that it floated in the background and was largely inoffensive. If you like regular earl grey, this tea would probably be amazing. Thanks, Virginia, for talking me into trying this one! Who knew I could enjoy a tea with bergamot in it?

Flavors: Bergamot, Vanilla

Cameron B.

Vanilla is the nectar of the gods!

I don’t think I’ve ever tried Earl Grey, always figured it was up there with the classic teas that you add milk to, which I am not a fan of. So I never bothered trying it. I’m glad I did though, because I realize it’s not all that terrible!
I can’t really compare it to any other kind of Earl Grey, but it was alright. Not my favorite, but not terrible either! It just makes me feel like Capt. Picard. xD Makes me wanna watch The Next Generation of Star Trek xD

Lariel of Lórien

Tea! Earl Grey! Hot! (The replicator must not be programmed with the proper steeping temperature.)

So after folding ALL the laundry (like 5 loads ugh), I thought I deserved a treat. So I went into my tea cupboard and picked this one, walked over to my steeper, went to pour it out into the receptacle I use for disposing of leaves and AHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHD OMG OMG OMG OMG WTF IS THAT ON THE WINDOW?IS THAT A COCKROACH?!? WE’RE MOVING! TOMORROW!

Upon further investigation, it was very clearly not a cockroach, but some other inoffensive outside bug, thanks to my boyfriend who left all the doors and windows open earlier. Thank you Jesus. Whew. i really need this cup of tea now.

Man this stuff is good right now! I love the smell: all sugar and vanilla and anise. I always drink this with a splash of milk, just to make it a little softer. I may have added a bit too much milk though, because all I taste is the vanilla right now, with maybe a touch of something else in the background. Boo.

I’m upping my rating on this one. I really enjoy it.

Tried it for the first time after receiving it as a “presenter gift” from a conference I recently attended and presented at.

Normally, as should not be a surprise to anyone that reads my tea notes, I’m not a fan of any kind of “plain” black tea. Yes, I consider Earl Grey to be a “plain” black tea. I don’t care what you consider it :) This one has more “fancy things other than black tea leaves” added in, so I was excited to try it. May I have finally found myself a “plain black” that I want to keep stocked?! Could this possibly be the case?!

I definitely get creaminess, I definitely get Earl Grey, I definitely get black tea (didn’t forget about it while steeping, so didn’t get any astringency), and I definitely get “something else”. It’s almost a chocolatey flavour to me, which makes no sense, I know. But there is a hint of “something else that’s sweet” playing around in the background.

Shocking to admit, but I REALLY like this one. Could it be that I’m growing up into a plain tea kind of person?! Shocking.

Verdict: a creamy yum. Will probably buy more when this is done.

I wish I could taste as much vanilla as I smelled in the dry leaves. I had this plain, and I think maybe a touch of sugar would have brought that flavor out nicely. The tea itself seemed pretty strong, but without being astringent/bitter.