Cream of Earl Grey (organic)

Black Tea, Cornflower Petals, Marigold Petals, Natural Bergamot Oil, Natural Vanilla Flavor
Bergamot, Earl Grey, Vanilla, Creamy, Sugar, Sweet, Caramel, Orange Zest, Cream, Chocolate, Anise
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

A creamy twist

Lovers of Earl Grey adore this creamy alternative to the original blend. You’ll recognize the same high-quality black tea, the same citrus burst of bergamot oil, the same beautiful grey-blue petals. However this version adds a touch of vanilla, and the result is an unexpectedly rich, creamy taste experience. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Black tea, cornflowers. With natural vanilla and bergamot flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Tried it for the first time after receiving it as a “presenter gift” from a conference I recently attended and presented at.

Normally, as should not be a surprise to anyone that reads my tea notes, I’m not a fan of any kind of “plain” black tea. Yes, I consider Earl Grey to be a “plain” black tea. I don’t care what you consider it :) This one has more “fancy things other than black tea leaves” added in, so I was excited to try it. May I have finally found myself a “plain black” that I want to keep stocked?! Could this possibly be the case?!

I definitely get creaminess, I definitely get Earl Grey, I definitely get black tea (didn’t forget about it while steeping, so didn’t get any astringency), and I definitely get “something else”. It’s almost a chocolatey flavour to me, which makes no sense, I know. But there is a hint of “something else that’s sweet” playing around in the background.

Shocking to admit, but I REALLY like this one. Could it be that I’m growing up into a plain tea kind of person?! Shocking.

Verdict: a creamy yum. Will probably buy more when this is done.

I wish I could taste as much vanilla as I smelled in the dry leaves. I had this plain, and I think maybe a touch of sugar would have brought that flavor out nicely. The tea itself seemed pretty strong, but without being astringent/bitter.

Tried this tea again, but mixed it 50/50 with some English Breakfast from David’s. That seemed to tone down the flavoring and it tastes much better! Still don’t like this tea straight up though…

Sipdown!

I’m finding out that vanilla is one of those flavours in tea that is really picky for me. Sometimes it works, but a lot of the time it doesn’t. Luckily, this blend is one of the ones (the only one, I think) where it works well and adds flavour without making a mess of things.

I didn’t taste much bergamot in this brew, but that’s okay. I’m happy having one less thing in my cupboard.

This is my second EG Cream blend – the first was by Zen Tea – and I must say that this one hasn’t impressed me quite as much.

The vanilla-cream flavours in this one are robust and well-crafted, but I think the EG falls a bit flat. It simply lacks the crisp bergamot notes that I’m used to in my EGs and that’s a bit of a deal-breaker for me.

Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

I really liked this a lot. I purchased this tea from David’s mostly so I’d get free shipping, and I was curious to try an Earl Grey cream. I would definitely restock this.

I find myself constantly picking this tea up and going “hmm is this really what I want?” Let me tell you, it’s ALWAYS what I want. Beautifully smooth, and not too heavy on the bergamont for an Earl Grey. Plus that deliciously sweet vanilla flavour that lingers on your tongue and in your nostrils. YES. Just, YES.

EDIT: I used this as the water base in my hookah. Holy WOW. It was good, but after a while the bergamont started to burn my throat. I would do it again with the tea iced.

Flavors: Cream, Vanilla

This seems to me to be a pretty classic earl grey, there is a tiny bit of creaminess to it, but nothing that really screams CREAM of Earl Grey. This is a good tea, a great classic to add to any cupboard. I’ve drank it only hot, but it is good straight, with soy milk and/or honey/agave. Honestly, its nothing I would run naked in the streets for, but it is a good staple, and would restock it. I do find it a bit strong though, so I only steep it for half of the recommended time.

205 °F / 96 °C 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

this one is absolutely glorious. i’m a fan of earl grey anyway, and this is just over the top amazing. opening the bag, i was a little bit iffy about it and was worried it wasn’t going to be good because the notes i was getting from the dry leaves weren’t terribly appealing to me, but once brewed, it smelled great and tasted better. it’s a very rich tea, and that’s even accounting for the fact that i always take mine with milk and honey. the vanilla definitely boosts this in a way i didn’t know earl grey needed to be boosted. i’ll be ordering more, for sure.

This is another of my favorites. I love it plain, I love it with agave, but my favorite is this:

I add a dash of cinnamon and a hint of vanilla while steeping. I sometimes add a littttle bit of creamer if I want a thicker texture or if I’m replacing my coffee with this. It’s delightful on a snowy day, especially if I steep a pot with cinnamon and vanilla. Especially after a horrible math exam! Hahaha.

To me, on it’s own, this tea dry smells almost like black licorice, which put me off trying it for quite a while. But it does NOT taste like it at all! It does taste rich and as though cream had been added, with the typical bitter bits of earl grey seeping through. It’s a much deeper taste with different layers than your typical bagged tetely earl grey. Much more flavour and much more homey to me.

If you want to treat yourself, try it with a little cinnamon and vanilla! I use the storebought ground cinnamon and ground vanilla beans. For a pot, I use an eight of a teaspoon to a quarter teaspoon each, depending on the size of the pot. For a cup, I use a pinch of both, added to the dry tea before steeping!