Honeybush Lemon Ginger (organic)

Herbal Honeybush Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Still sick sick sick, decided to go for a tea that I can "taste" whether or not I can actually taste things (i.e. the ginger is a sensation less than a flavour). Definitely not a big fan of this...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2390 tasting notes
  • “Drinking this as it begins to snow here, and by snow I mean it's actually accumulating outside. Just in time for Halloween :( ah but it wouldn't be Halloween in Canada if it didn't snow! Ooh...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 947 tasting notes
  • “Another tea from the magical cupboard at work. It was after noon and I just wanted a break. I didn't really want a pick me up, I was barely trying to get through the day, didn't need to get even...” Read full tasting note
    Littleelle 272 tasting notes
  • “1 TB for 450mL water, bare. First note: if you're new to honeybush, taste the steeped tisane before adding sweetener of any kind. It's called honeybush for a really good reason. Honeybush...” Read full tasting note
    MButlerHallett 518 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Deliciously natural

Our South African honeybush is an organic, fragrant, infusion made from the honey-scented flowers, leaves and stems of the cyclopia plant. Sweet and smooth, it combines perfectly with lemon verbena, lemongrass and ginger. With low levels of astringency and no caffeine, it’s fresh, natural, and you can drink it all day. Delicious hot or chilled. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: red honeybush, lemongrass, ginger, lemon myrtle, stevia. With natural flavorings*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

My stomach and I are, may I say, not on the best of terms at this exact moment, so I wanted to go for something that would perhaps help me appease it. Ginger is meant to be good, and the other herbs involved in this blend are (to my limited knowledge) either good, neutral, or reminiscent of good things, so I’m finishing off my bag of this in attempt to do just that.

I can’t say it’s the best tasting tea, but certainly not the worst either. It’s herby. It tastes like it’s going to do good. That’s about all I can say.

Allergy attack! Throat hurts like crap and my sense of smell just walked out the door thanks to runny nose barging in. This tea seems appropriate for, I don’t know, colds and stuff in general so here’s to hoping it helps some.

The dry tea…smells very potent. The ginger and lemongrass is strong to the point it makes me want to sneeze. I never had honeybush so I’m not sure what it smells like, but anyway it seems to be covered by the ginger and lemongrass.

The brew has a slight honey smell thats similar to when you add honey to hot water. I’m getting more hopeful by the second here…

The flavor is surprisingly milder than expected. The ginger is soft, unlike the smell, and only has a slight sting/burn to it. I’m also getting the lemony taste from the lemongrass here, and it sort of freshens things up a bit, making this taste lighter. The honeybush…I’m not sure what that is supposed to taste like but I’m getting a sweetness here which I’m assuming is the honeybush.

After drinking this, my throat has become slightly better and I can actually breathe through my nose again. Really soothing tisane, great for stuffy noses and sore throats. It’s now my official go-to cold tea!

On my favourites list. Brew at 85C for 6 min, serve with honey. That’s it. It tastes just perfect. The problem is that they only sell it online now.

This is a really great tea. If you are looking for a lemon ginger tea that is a less harsh and has some sweetness to it, I highly suggest this tea.