Cold 911 (organic)

Herbal Tea
Apple, Juniper, Natural Orange Flavor, Peppermint
Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Menthol, Citrus, Lemon Zest, Apple, Mint, Orange, Earth, Orange Zest, Pine
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

• “Serious cold tea, and wish I'd grabbed some more when I went with the young'un I've started dating. He's now a loose leaf convert, and I'm his tea pusher. :P Tastes like liquid Vicks, but much...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1144 tasting notes
  • “Still drinking this, waiting for my ability to taste to return. I actually have been craving teas and can't have them because I can't taste them. What I would give for a tasty cup of Nina's Japon...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2070 tasting notes
  • “Longest week ever... ugh. So much going on, so very many many things... one of which has me saddened. (My Aunt-in-law passed away today. Cancer. Oh how I hate that vile word) So I needed something...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1341 tasting notes
  • “Ah first note with the new layout! Exciting! I am out at my parents this weekend and this tea was one I gave my mom and I found a bit of it left in the cupboard :D perfect thing for my migraine...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 989 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Bad colds require great interventions. Take this tea, for example. It’s a deliciously soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries and orange peel. Pretty great, right? If that’s not extreme enough for you, you could try eating raw garlic, or gargling salt water, or inhaling lots of steam. Yeah…we didn’t think so. Probably better just to stick to the tea. With its soothing citrus and mint aroma we can’t guarantee miracle results, but at least we can guarantee it tastes great. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, juniper berries, orange peel. With natural eucalyptus and orange oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Getting sick of being sick.
And sick of this tea.
BECAUSE : I’m drinking 10 cups a day.

But it’s worth it.

Sorry 4 U!

Sorry 4 U!

oops hit enter twice

LiberTEAS

I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Dinosara

Get better soon!

Feel better!!!

Lindsay

just got over sickness myself. drown it in tea and feel better!

Kay Kanada

Hmm, maybe someone should work on turning this stuff into a cold syrup. Steeped extra strong, then boiled down with some agave – a teaspoon of “bye bye cold”!

Kittenna

Where’s the like button for the above comment… :P

DaisyChubb

Aw thanks everyone :D
Wow Kay, super awesome idea! And super easy and tasty I bet. I will try that next time for sure.
I’m on the mend, but all of my favorite tea containers now reek of mint and juniper berries haha. To soak they go.

Second sipdown of the day (134)! I picked this deliberately because I knew I could make it a sipdown, and because it’s a DAVIDsTEA blend which I just seem to have so many of, so slowly working to sipdown the samples.

The sample of this one come to me from VariaTEA as part of the herbal sampler she mailed to me. It reminds me a lot of DAVIDsTEA’s blend ’Midsummer’s Night Dream’ in that they’re both herbals with orange flavour and mint – although lately I’ve been falling out of love with Midsummer Night’s Dream, and I think I may enjoy this a little more – though not sure why?

A had about 2 tsp. left of this so I brewed up an extra strong cup and then watered it down a little.

Last time I had this it was hot, but this time I’m drinking it cold because I often prefer mint blends cold rather than hot. I think that’s true of this one, too. The eucalyptus in this blend is also very soothing on my throat, which was just a bit scratchy feeling. Honestly, I think I’d prefer to stock this over Midsummer Night’s Dream – but I still have a mostly full tin of that one to get through, and I think I’ll finish the tin off before making up my mind. The two are too similar for me to justify keeping them both in stock at the same time.

Thank you VariaTEA for sending this my way!

I love cold and flu season, not. This is not a tea I reach for quickly or often, but it is not awful either. I like it when I have a bit of cold, because the menthol helps make me feel a but more human again. Though, I would not consider this a tea I drink for pleasure, it certainly makes having to drink cold fighting teas more enjoyable.

Thanks to the wonderfully awesome QuiltGuppy for sending some of this my way (along with many other samples). I’ve been dealing with allergies lately, and my throat is really sore. I can take benadryl, but then I pass out so it’s not a work-friendly solution.

This, on the other hand, is great! No, it’s not really medicinal, but it has a great placebo effect goin’ – I felt better after drinking it. :)

I love the eucalyptus smell (one of my faves) of the dry leaves. The peppermint is very strong as well. One sip later and I taste peppermint, menthol, a ginger-y/citrusy flavor, and a bit of the eucalyptus as well. The brewed tea smells as good as the dry version; my headache is starting to feel better too.

Thanks again, QG! :)

A wonderful co-worker of mine shared some of this with me and I truly appreciate it as I am sick at the moment and was looking for something more than plain mint! My sample wasn’t quite big enough for the mug I am using so the infusion is a bit weak after about ten minutes but I get lovely juniper and mint at the front, two flavours that I really enjoy. I’m not really picking up orange on it’s own but I think it’s there holding everything together. hey, I’m sick – what do you expect? : )

I think I prefer Detox for the bolder juniper but I love the mint in here. If the beau liked mint like I do I would keep a stock of this on hand but alas, he does not. I feel like this one cost a lot more when it first came out and that deterred me from trying it but now I’m thinking I should have some on hand for at work. If only my head would stop aching so I could enjoy it fully!

ashmanra

I hope you feel better soon!

So I’m all better now, and it definitely helped clear out my sinuses, so its a worthwhile tea to keep around. But by golly its intense!

Third (fourth? Seventh?) cup in two days. Can you burn out on a tea? I hope to god not, because this is wonderful for all my sicky icky.

TeaBrat

I could use some of that…

De

Order from Daaaaviiiiiid wiggles fingers commandingly

TeaBrat

I was there last night checking it out! But peppermint gives me heartburn so none for me… oh well. :(

I’m sure like many others, this isn’t something I would choose outside of being sick. But, it is actually relatively tasty (when you can’t taste/smell, especially), and it does provide some measure of relief. It’s strong enough to fight through all the nastiness of a cold to offer you some taste. My sinuses are feeling horribly inflamed and my eyes are watering, so I’m off to make some more! With some fresh ginger and a dash of cayenne. Pulling out all the stops, folks. I have two more papers and three exams to get through before I’m allowed to be sick!

And, I usually strongly dislike juniper. It really bothers me in Detox. But here I either don’t notice the juniper berries or am okay with them.

Cattibrie

Feel better soon. I know what I took it when I felt a cold coming it stopped it in it’s tracks. Which is great since I can’t take anything.
And can I just say it is nice to have my laptop back so I can be here on Steepster.

The Purrfect Cup

I’m so glad this one is back in stock. I should have stocked up a few weeks ago.

Jessie

Thanks, Cattibrie! I’ve had good luck fending off colds so far this season but this time my boyfriend was sick and it’s next to impossible not to be infected by someone you live with. I’m feeling whiny about this cold but it’s not nearly as bad as it could be. This stuff is really helping.

The Purrfect Cup: I only got 30 g, for some reason! Thankfully it’s a light tea but I’m thinking I definitely need to stock up tomorrow too.

Cattibrie

My husband and son had a cold when I started to get mine. Hubby wouldn’t take the tea and suffered for 3 weeks. I managed to avoid it with this tea.

Jessie

That’s awesome! Miracle potion.

This is the only tea I keep in my cupboard despite hating how it tastes. It is way too minty and way too orangey for me, and the juniper berries don’t do much for me either. It’s a struggle for me to get a mug of this down, even when I’m sick.

But I love it for the same reasons that I hate it. It’s really super strong, in both flavour and scent, and is sometimes the only thing I’m actually able to taste when I’m all stuffy. It does make me feel a bit better, but not substantially so. If I’m really sick, I can’t stomach the flavour, so I reach for something gentler like Mother’s Little Helper. But for a bad case of the stuffies, this blend isn’t so bad. I love that there’s eucalyptus in it though! I love the scent and I’ve rarely seen it in a tea blend.

I don’t know whether I’ll repurchase this when it’s done, if only because of the fact that it can really turn my stomach. I’m more of a lemon-ginger person when I’m sick, and tend to avoid the strong mint.

This tea is saving my life right now. Big cyber non-germ-transfering hugs to the wonderful QuiltGuppy for sending me such a generous sample of this soothing herbal tea.

Mint, eucalyptus, other stuff… I’m tired and not feeling very descriptive at the moment. I must be off to bed.