Cold 911 (organic)

Herbal Tea
Apple, Juniper, Natural Orange Flavor, Peppermint
Mint, Sweet, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Lemon, Apple, Orange, Menthol, Medicinal, Citrus, Lemon Zest, Earth, Orange Zest, Pine
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

Bad colds require great interventions. Take this tea, for example. It’s a deliciously soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries and orange peel. Pretty great, right? If that’s not extreme enough for you, you could try eating raw garlic, or gargling salt water, or inhaling lots of steam. Yeah…we didn’t think so. Probably better just to stick to the tea. With its soothing citrus and mint aroma we can’t guarantee miracle results, but at least we can guarantee it tastes great. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, juniper berries, orange peel. With natural eucalyptus and orange oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Totally helping clear my sinuses, the more sick I am, the more I love this tea. So i’m increasing my rating.

I have to up this rating because I woke up this morning with a sore throat. And this tea really does soothe a sore throat. I guess I will be drinking lots of this today.
And I love mint
2nd steep: boiling, maybe 8min. Still soothing
I will be keeping this one stocked in my cupboard in all the winter months
Wow!!! That was my 101 tasting note!!! It doesn’t take long to get to 100!

Happy hundred to you. (Steepster is addictive, yes?)

lol, super addicting powers Steepster has!

You need to get rid of that cold by drinking some of that southern sweet tea vodka I saw reviewed here on Steepster!

Well, like most others, I’m not drinking this for the taste. I’ve had a little bit if a sore/dry throat the last few days and today I woke up with a headache and badly congested. I didn’t do any of my normal remedies as I had an acupuncture session and wanted to see how much that might help before I self medicate. Anyway, I saved a few dollars with today’s appointment with the “pay it forward” promo at the health collective where I go for community acupuncture, so I thought a tea to go was in order, but I didn’t want to pay $6 for a Vital Resistance tea from Teaopia. I went to David’s instead, opted to try one of their cold and flu teas and ended up with this.

Well, the taste isn’t my favourite so it’s not something I’d drink regularly unless I was feeling bad. I’m not sure if it’s the tea or the walk or what, but I’m feeling super warm right now. My sinuses have been slowly draining all morning, but my head is still hurting. I might make some Dulce and Banana later.

Edit: DO NOT DRINK THIS COLD! It is vile and nauseating and foul. That is all.

I am one of the many people that are fighting a cold right now… boo… I hate being sick. HATE it. But really, who likes being sick?
I got this one when I went to Banff. I got it mostly ‘cause it smells delicious! I wasn’t sick, but rather wanted to have it on hand in case someone got sick or I was just feeling adventurous to try it without a cold.
I think I made this one a bit stronger than I meant to. It apparently made the whole main floor of the house smell like vicks vapour rub. I was able to smell it a bit, but after a while I couldn’t. I don’t think it really did anything for me other than it helped sooth my throat a bit. I would definitely get again though. Others found that it helped them a lot, so I would go with that based solely on their experiences

This tea did nothing for me when I was sick. It seemed flavourless, I was that ill. This tea when I’m healthy is anything but flavourless! If you like mint-like teas, especially ones with more of a juniper woodsy feel, this is a great tea. The only reason I’m not stocking up more on it is that I prefer Northern Lights just a little bit more.

I love this tea whether I’m sick or not! I’ll have to try Northern Lights :)

Tina S.

It’s less minty, but I love it. I’ve still got 100g of it and that’s after drinking 250!

Made this tonight. I am not fond of the smell of the dry tea but I need anything I can get to help me out with colds since I can’t use cold medication with my high bloodpressure.
I am hoping to kick whatever I am currently getting in the butt with this cold. I added some Bravissimo to it tonight. I think next time I will have the Cold 911 alone since the chamomile from the Bravissimo is really taking over. Can’t wait to try it alone. Hope this cold/whatever goes away soon.

Feel better you!

Thanks. Hopefully a good nights sleep will help.

Woah. Don’t know why, but I decided a cup of powerful Cold 911this morning was the only possibility. Bit of background: my mornings consist of 1 thing – black teas. Herbals are delegated to evenings only, and Cold 911 has its use only if I’m on my deathbed and wish not to leave a considerable dent in my stash of Electric Lemon.

That being said, the only tea that my body wanted was Cold 911, no matter how much I tried to convince it otherwise (portant of things to come, mayhaps?) Made a cup, added a dollop of honey, and WOW. I am ready to conquer the world (or at the very minimum, my essay).

This is one energetic tea that is clearing my sinuses straight out! (Who even knew they needed cleaning?)

Sitting in front of the patio door, basking in sunlight with my plants, alternating between Cold 911 and refreshing water, and I feel CAPABLE. Booyah!

I had this two days ago and I could clearly smell the eucalyptus in the dry tea. Although that doesn’t sound remarkable, I had been very sick and smelling anything was few and far between for me.

Steeped boiling/4 min. I can clearly taste the mint teas. It’s very warm in my mouth and soothing on my throat. It’s helping me to breathe a bit. Miracle worker, no, but it is definitely making a difference and helping me to feel more comfortable and that alone is worth it’s weight in gold right now. The taste is very nice, very minty and the fact that I can smell and taste at all is testimony to the fact that it’s effective. Definitely a tea I’ll keep around and use as needed!

This tea is liquid Vicks. I have congestion every morning when I’m home and the only way to open up my sinuses is to jump right in the shower, not even Vicks works in the morning. Lo and behold I drink a cup of this and I was opened up. If you aren’t a fan of minty tastes this tea isn’t for you; it has eucalyptus and peppermint. The orange is so subtle you almost can’t taste it but it’s what remains on the palate after you’ve swallowed the tea. The juniper gives it a slightly bitter kick, but it’s okay; I had to put just a bit of honey in this one.
I did 2tsp in boiling water for 7 minutes and it came out just the right potency for my liking (which is probably stronger than most haha!)

I am just sad that I am drinking this instead of trying new teas from my Verdant Tea order that came last week :( Let’s hope that tomorrow I can actually taste and enjoy something! I hate being sick!! This is barely even helping, but it is sort of soothing.

nuu get well soon!