Cold 911 (organic)

Herbal Tea
Apple, Juniper, Natural Orange Flavor, Peppermint
Mint, Sweet, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Lemon, Apple, Orange, Menthol, Medicinal, Citrus, Lemon Zest, Earth, Orange Zest, Pine
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

Bad colds require great interventions. Take this tea, for example. It’s a deliciously soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries and orange peel. Pretty great, right? If that’s not extreme enough for you, you could try eating raw garlic, or gargling salt water, or inhaling lots of steam. Yeah…we didn’t think so. Probably better just to stick to the tea. With its soothing citrus and mint aroma we can’t guarantee miracle results, but at least we can guarantee it tastes great. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, juniper berries, orange peel. With natural eucalyptus and orange oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Bought this tea along with the Cold Survival Kit. My family and I drank this up during our very sick days, and it just makes me feel a little bit more relaxed and better than I was before. Tastes like many other regular mint teas. I probably won’t be repurchasing this tea only because I don’t find it that much of a unique tea to always have on hand.

Unlike most of the reviews, I actually like the taste of this one. Tastes exactly like it smells – like ‘Vicks VapoRub.’ But, well, good! Minty, herb-y and refreshing somehow. Works wonders on colds and allergies for me. One tea I plan to stock year-round.

This has been my go to cold tea lately! When I am stuffy or have a sore throat this tea I stick my face over my steeping cup and inhale. It is just as theraputic as drinking it. It is on the minty side, which I don’t mind, but I love the light eucalyptus flavor and scent that come out.

Never did a proper review of this one.

I recently got a sample of this in a recent order to DAVIDs. I haven’t had this tea in a long time since I’ve been going through my mint teas slowly. Apparently they reformulated this tea with apple, but it wasn’t in my sample at all. Either way I love the original: very strong peppermint taste with what I assume to be eucalyptus, and a hint of citrus. Great even as a regular tea, but I know it’ll be good for illness too. I don’t know if I’ll like the reformulated version as much, but I will eventually repurchase and do a tasting note.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Mint

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 5 g 20 OZ / 600 ML

I love strong mints. I think “Altoids” mints are an absolute joke, and don’t find them curiously strong at all. I’m crazy about Super-Mints that you can get from MUJI (a Japanese company) and if I had to compare Cold 911 to other pitiful mint teas that I’ve had, this is the “Super-Mint” of all mint teas.

The dry leaves smell amazing because of the eucalyptus and it is just as fabulous when it is steeped. There is a tiny hint of citrus, but only a bit. The juniper berries don’t really add anything to the tea, but it amuses me since it makes me think of Gin when I see them floating around (The French name for juniper is genévrier, from which Gin’s name is derived).

When I have a cold this tea is extremely soothing and the fact that it is caffeine free means that if I want to drink 10 cups a day, I can without getting jittery. It also makes an excellent after-dinner tea.

In an attempt to change this tea up a bit, I added half a teaspoon of pure licorice root (a rare find that I came upon in a teashop a year ago) and it makes this tea absolute magic! If you can get your hands on pure licorice, I highly recommend trying it – it brings out the citrus notes a bit more and I could go on drinking pots and pots of this mix.

Boiling 8 min or more

Wow ! I love the smell of eucalyptus! If you’re sick, that tea will be perfect cause it makes you feel cleaned up and it creates a fresh feeling in your mouth and throat and even in the oeasophagus! lol! I tasted it at the boutique and i bought some!

So good. It is very soothing and delicious. I don’t know that it actually helps with colds but it tastes so good I drink it when I don’t have a cold!

Made this the other day because I didn’t think I could stomach green tea/didn’t want to overload on caffeine and then be unable to sleep. It wasn’t bad, but all I tasted was mint.

Wow, this is a good tea. I wasn’t really expecting it to be good, but it was. It was minty and sweet. I will definitely keep this one in my cupboard for when I have a cold. It can also make a decent evening tea, since it is relaxing and doesn’t contain cafeine. It reminds me of the peppermint tea bags I used to drink when I was younger.

Flavors: Mint, Sweet

I used the new feature on the Davidstea website to pick this as a sample – which is prettynifty. Too bad the rest of the website at this point sucks.

My son picked up a summer cold and passed it onto me. I woke up this morning with quite the sore throat. (maybe I need to stop telling so much at work) debated which tea would be good this morning, aha cold 911!

I opened up and the smell instantly made me believe this was perfect to help my throat! My husband and I love eucalyptus, that’s mostly what sticks out to me in this one.

A little honey and it’s perfection.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Peppermint

1 tsp 4 OZ / 118 ML

Yeah, I love that I can pick samples! They still need to work out the bugs though. And I love this tea too-it’s on my wish list :)

I can’t say this one was on my wishlist but I’m definitely so glad I got it! My throat is thanking me – I might order more today! (Any excuse to place another order…)