Cold 911 (organic)

Herbal Tea
Apple, Juniper, Natural Orange Flavor, Peppermint
Eucalyptus, Lemon, Peppermint, Apple, Orange, Menthol, Medicinal, Mint, Citrus, Lemon Zest, Earth, Orange Zest, Pine
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Bad colds require great interventions. Take this tea, for example. It’s a deliciously soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries and orange peel. Pretty great, right? If that’s not extreme enough for you, you could try eating raw garlic, or gargling salt water, or inhaling lots of steam. Yeah…we didn’t think so. Probably better just to stick to the tea. With its soothing citrus and mint aroma we can’t guarantee miracle results, but at least we can guarantee it tastes great. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, juniper berries, orange peel. With natural eucalyptus and orange oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Bought this tea along with the Cold Survival Kit. My family and I drank this up during our very sick days, and it just makes me feel a little bit more relaxed and better than I was before. Tastes like many other regular mint teas. I probably won’t be repurchasing this tea only because I don’t find it that much of a unique tea to always have on hand.

Unlike most of the reviews, I actually like the taste of this one. Tastes exactly like it smells – like ‘Vicks VapoRub.’ But, well, good! Minty, herb-y and refreshing somehow. Works wonders on colds and allergies for me. One tea I plan to stock year-round.

This has been my go to cold tea lately! When I am stuffy or have a sore throat this tea I stick my face over my steeping cup and inhale. It is just as theraputic as drinking it. It is on the minty side, which I don’t mind, but I love the light eucalyptus flavor and scent that come out.

I love strong mints. I think “Altoids” mints are an absolute joke, and don’t find them curiously strong at all. I’m crazy about Super-Mints that you can get from MUJI (a Japanese company) and if I had to compare Cold 911 to other pitiful mint teas that I’ve had, this is the “Super-Mint” of all mint teas.

The dry leaves smell amazing because of the eucalyptus and it is just as fabulous when it is steeped. There is a tiny hint of citrus, but only a bit. The juniper berries don’t really add anything to the tea, but it amuses me since it makes me think of Gin when I see them floating around (The French name for juniper is genévrier, from which Gin’s name is derived).

When I have a cold this tea is extremely soothing and the fact that it is caffeine free means that if I want to drink 10 cups a day, I can without getting jittery. It also makes an excellent after-dinner tea.

In an attempt to change this tea up a bit, I added half a teaspoon of pure licorice root (a rare find that I came upon in a teashop a year ago) and it makes this tea absolute magic! If you can get your hands on pure licorice, I highly recommend trying it – it brings out the citrus notes a bit more and I could go on drinking pots and pots of this mix.

Boiling 8 min or more

Wow ! I love the smell of eucalyptus! If you’re sick, that tea will be perfect cause it makes you feel cleaned up and it creates a fresh feeling in your mouth and throat and even in the oeasophagus! lol! I tasted it at the boutique and i bought some!

I LOVE THIS TEA.

To me, it smells like going to the spa. It reminds me of eucalyptus saunas and zen mint eucalyptus warm tea while going into the temperature baths. It’s completely relaxing, soothes, clears your passages and just feels like it’s detoxing you from inside out.

Some people may find this strongly medicinal, whereas, I find it to be super natural and soothing. I absolutely love this tea, will always keep 1 or 2 tins in my cupboard.

I understand this is a tea for one who is sick… but I drank it when I wasn’t and the eucalyptus oil is too much for my throat. Without the eucalyptus this tea might actually be quite pleasant because it has a decent taste.

5 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea is strong, potent and tastes amazing with honey. The only damn tea that will work if you’re dying of a cold/flu. Ever. Always rebuying.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Lemon, Peppermint

Drank this on the weekend while i was sick, actually quite enjoyed this one

Flavors: Apple, Eucalyptus, Orange, Peppermint

Chris Coppens

Cold 911! Sounds like quite the emergency

A giant blast of peppermint, juniper, and menthol.

Although the tea contains other ingredients like apple pieces, they get totally overwhelmed and I didn’t notice their influence on the resulting cup

Great for the sinuses and throat, but it’s pungency means something I would definitely only drink when sick and needing relief

I used 4.1 grams per 12oz mug