Cold 911 (organic)

Herbal Tea
Apple, Juniper, Natural Orange Flavor, Peppermint
Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Menthol, Citrus, Lemon Zest, Apple, Mint, Orange, Earth, Orange Zest, Pine
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

• “Serious cold tea, and wish I'd grabbed some more when I went with the young'un I've started dating. He's now a loose leaf convert, and I'm his tea pusher. :P Tastes like liquid Vicks, but much...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1144 tasting notes
  • “Still drinking this, waiting for my ability to taste to return. I actually have been craving teas and can't have them because I can't taste them. What I would give for a tasty cup of Nina's Japon...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2087 tasting notes
  • “Longest week ever... ugh. So much going on, so very many many things... one of which has me saddened. (My Aunt-in-law passed away today. Cancer. Oh how I hate that vile word) So I needed something...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1342 tasting notes
  • “Ah first note with the new layout! Exciting! I am out at my parents this weekend and this tea was one I gave my mom and I found a bit of it left in the cupboard :D perfect thing for my migraine...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 991 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Bad colds require great interventions. Take this tea, for example. It’s a deliciously soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries and orange peel. Pretty great, right? If that’s not extreme enough for you, you could try eating raw garlic, or gargling salt water, or inhaling lots of steam. Yeah…we didn’t think so. Probably better just to stick to the tea. With its soothing citrus and mint aroma we can’t guarantee miracle results, but at least we can guarantee it tastes great. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, juniper berries, orange peel. With natural eucalyptus and orange oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Bought this tea along with the Cold Survival Kit. My family and I drank this up during our very sick days, and it just makes me feel a little bit more relaxed and better than I was before. Tastes like many other regular mint teas. I probably won’t be repurchasing this tea only because I don’t find it that much of a unique tea to always have on hand.

Unlike most of the reviews, I actually like the taste of this one. Tastes exactly like it smells – like ‘Vicks VapoRub.’ But, well, good! Minty, herb-y and refreshing somehow. Works wonders on colds and allergies for me. One tea I plan to stock year-round.

This has been my go to cold tea lately! When I am stuffy or have a sore throat this tea I stick my face over my steeping cup and inhale. It is just as theraputic as drinking it. It is on the minty side, which I don’t mind, but I love the light eucalyptus flavor and scent that come out.

I love strong mints. I think “Altoids” mints are an absolute joke, and don’t find them curiously strong at all. I’m crazy about Super-Mints that you can get from MUJI (a Japanese company) and if I had to compare Cold 911 to other pitiful mint teas that I’ve had, this is the “Super-Mint” of all mint teas.

The dry leaves smell amazing because of the eucalyptus and it is just as fabulous when it is steeped. There is a tiny hint of citrus, but only a bit. The juniper berries don’t really add anything to the tea, but it amuses me since it makes me think of Gin when I see them floating around (The French name for juniper is genévrier, from which Gin’s name is derived).

When I have a cold this tea is extremely soothing and the fact that it is caffeine free means that if I want to drink 10 cups a day, I can without getting jittery. It also makes an excellent after-dinner tea.

In an attempt to change this tea up a bit, I added half a teaspoon of pure licorice root (a rare find that I came upon in a teashop a year ago) and it makes this tea absolute magic! If you can get your hands on pure licorice, I highly recommend trying it – it brings out the citrus notes a bit more and I could go on drinking pots and pots of this mix.

Boiling 8 min or more

Wow ! I love the smell of eucalyptus! If you’re sick, that tea will be perfect cause it makes you feel cleaned up and it creates a fresh feeling in your mouth and throat and even in the oeasophagus! lol! I tasted it at the boutique and i bought some!

Due to repeated and lengthy sinus infections and nasal polyps, I can’t smell. Even when air does flow through my nose (a rare event worthy of note) I smell nothing. So imagine my delight when I inhaled the steam from this tea and could “feel” it. That alone would make me rate it highly. It also tastes okay. I am out of this one right now. Might ned to make an order soon. First need to drink down some of the test of my teas to make room.

Wow is this minty!! I didn’t have a cold but I can only imagine how soothing this would be if I were all congested. Almost has a menthol cough drop taste… but in a good way. Would not be able to drink this one every day because it is so powerful, but it would definitely be great to clear your sinuses!

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Peppermint

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Another of my DAVIDsTEA samples that I’m trying to get through! When I first opened the sample package the medicine smell was overwhelming! Like cough drops and Vick’s vapor rub. I am not sick right now, so maybe I should have saved this tea for a time when I have a cold! After I started drinking it though, it’s not so bad. It definitely has a medicinal taste, but not as overwhelming as the initial smell. This would definitely not be a regular go-to tea, but I would definitely recommend it if you are feeling under the weather.

Flavors: Menthol, Peppermint

Ooof, this one is a doozy. Serves its medicinal purpose well; it will definitely cure what ails ya. Unfortunately the taste is reminiscent of molten Vicks Vaporub. Far too strong and herbal for casual sipping.

Recommended as a cold remedy.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Peppermint

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Only one cup in, and it’s helping with the drips. Oh, the joys of cold teas!

I picked this and Cold Zing up tonight in the hopes of tagging down this cold. Such a strong scent of eucalyptus! I was afraid this would taste very medicinal, but it tastes very light and citrusy instead. I second the fact that it puts the sensation of Vicks on your tongue and throat, but I suspect that’s what makes it so effective – similar ingredients.

This will be replacing Super Ginger as my night-time cold tea: finally, effects I need in a flavor I like!

Flavors: Citrus, Eucalyptus, Lemon Zest, Menthol

205 °F / 96 °C 1 tsp 12 OZ / 350 ML
pkmnnerdfighter

Second steeped for 12m. Either I went too long the first time (didn’t time it) or this doesn’t second steep.

carol who

Feel better soon. I’ll throw a cold and flu blend since I’m sending you a swap tomorrow.