Cold 911 (organic)

Fruit Herbal Blend
Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Serious cold tea, and wish I'd grabbed some more when I went with the young'un I've started dating. He's now a loose leaf convert, and I'm his tea pusher. :P Tastes like liquid Vicks, but much...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 927 tasting notes
  • “Still drinking this, waiting for my ability to taste to return. I actually have been craving teas and can't have them because I can't taste them. What I would give for a tasty cup of Nina's Japon...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1324 tasting notes
  • “Longest week ever... ugh. So much going on, so very many many things... one of which has me saddened. (My Aunt-in-law passed away today. Cancer. Oh how I hate that vile word) So I needed something...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1256 tasting notes
  • “Ah first note with the new layout! Exciting! I am out at my parents this weekend and this tea was one I gave my mom and I found a bit of it left in the cupboard :D perfect thing for my migraine...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 818 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Emergency relief

Bad colds require great interventions. Take this tea, for example. It’s a deliciously soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries and orange peel. Pretty great, right? If that’s not extreme enough for you, you could try eating raw garlic, or gargling salt water, or inhaling lots of steam. Yeah…we didn’t think so. Probably better just to stick to the tea. With its soothing citrus and mint aroma we can’t guarantee miracle results, but at least we can guarantee it tastes great. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, juniper berries, orange peel. With natural eucalyptus and orange oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Bought this tea along with the Cold Survival Kit. My family and I drank this up during our very sick days, and it just makes me feel a little bit more relaxed and better than I was before. Tastes like many other regular mint teas. I probably won’t be repurchasing this tea only because I don’t find it that much of a unique tea to always have on hand.

Unlike most of the reviews, I actually like the taste of this one. Tastes exactly like it smells – like ‘Vicks VapoRub.’ But, well, good! Minty, herb-y and refreshing somehow. Works wonders on colds and allergies for me. One tea I plan to stock year-round.

This has been my go to cold tea lately! When I am stuffy or have a sore throat this tea I stick my face over my steeping cup and inhale. It is just as theraputic as drinking it. It is on the minty side, which I don’t mind, but I love the light eucalyptus flavor and scent that come out.

I love strong mints. I think “Altoids” mints are an absolute joke, and don’t find them curiously strong at all. I’m crazy about Super-Mints that you can get from MUJI (a Japanese company) and if I had to compare Cold 911 to other pitiful mint teas that I’ve had, this is the “Super-Mint” of all mint teas.

The dry leaves smell amazing because of the eucalyptus and it is just as fabulous when it is steeped. There is a tiny hint of citrus, but only a bit. The juniper berries don’t really add anything to the tea, but it amuses me since it makes me think of Gin when I see them floating around (The French name for juniper is genévrier, from which Gin’s name is derived).

When I have a cold this tea is extremely soothing and the fact that it is caffeine free means that if I want to drink 10 cups a day, I can without getting jittery. It also makes an excellent after-dinner tea.

In an attempt to change this tea up a bit, I added half a teaspoon of pure licorice root (a rare find that I came upon in a teashop a year ago) and it makes this tea absolute magic! If you can get your hands on pure licorice, I highly recommend trying it – it brings out the citrus notes a bit more and I could go on drinking pots and pots of this mix.

Boiling 8 min or more

Wow ! I love the smell of eucalyptus! If you’re sick, that tea will be perfect cause it makes you feel cleaned up and it creates a fresh feeling in your mouth and throat and even in the oeasophagus! lol! I tasted it at the boutique and i bought some!

I’m not drinking this because it’s the sort of thing I enjoy, in fact, I would never touch the stuff if I wasn’t sick. My friend told me he buys it for pleasure and I was like “What!!?”

Just not my thing.
It’s not BAD, I’m just not a huge fan of herbals. It’s minty, it makes me feel better when I’m sick. Which I guess I am, I woke up this morning with a sore throat, one of those “I obviously swallowed some razor blades while I was asleep” deals.

My husband has been sick for almost 2 weeks with this cold, so I thought I was free…but no. And the baby started with it on the weekend which is not cool. If you can tell me something more pitiful than the sound of a baby coughing, I’d like to know what it is.

So to sum up, I woke up this morning, remembered this tea and actually had a mug of this before my morning coffee. WHOA, I MUST be sick!!

I will probably have another mug before bed, even if it’s a placebo. Being sick means wanting to feel comforted, so this will do.

Stay away from the house of illness!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
keychange

Oh, I would never ever in a million years drink this if I wasn’t sick, either. I hope you feel better soon. This is a good sick tea.

whatshesaid

Thanks :)

Glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t drink this for fun! It IS a good sick tea, though.

Great for the sick days. I also find it helps me against my insomnia, helps me fall asleep. However this is a very strong tea and I find it difficult to without any kind of sweeteners. It does help with congestion a lot!

Thanks for sending me some of this Christina!

I was intrigued by this one after reading other people’s posts. Alas, all I’m really getting here is mint. I actually thought it was spearmint, but upon looking at the ingredients list I think what i’m picking up on is the peppermint + eucalyptus. I’m definitely not picking up any citrus here.

This is a tasty mint herbal. It doesn’t strike me as anything special though. It may be especially soothing when one actually has a cold, but I didn’t have the patience to wait. I did try this during a migraine a few days ago and it didn’t really help. So… meh. No rating because I didn’t drink it as ostensibly intended.

sipdown

I am currently suffering from a nasty cold which has been going around here. I went through stage one, sleeping all the time/small fever/chills and I am now on stage two. Congestion and cough. This is the worst stage for me because I never can sleep with the congestion. Don’t know why I didn’t remember to have a cup of my cold 911 tea before bed, but I am glad it is organic and has no caffeine so I can take it at 3am like I am now. Right away, my sinuses cleared. This tea is my go to tea for a cold or for a cold winter night or just having a non-caffeinated tea before bed. I have also recommended this tea to my mom and some friends who suffer lots of colds or have sinus issues. I tell them it is better than paying for an expensive bottle of cold FX!

I am hoping to sleep well after I am done with my cup of tea.

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

One of the more decent cold teas I’ve had. Mint and eucalyptus are killer in my opinion so this tea works for me. I’m quite the fan. Good for sore throats especially because it completely avoids ginger.