Cold 911 (organic)

Herbal Tea
Apple, Juniper, Natural Orange Flavor, Peppermint
Eucalyptus, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Orange, Peppermint, Mint, Sweet, Apple, Menthol, Medicinal, Citrus, Earth, Orange Zest, Pine
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Bad colds require great interventions. Take this tea, for example. It’s a deliciously soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries and orange peel. Pretty great, right? If that’s not extreme enough for you, you could try eating raw garlic, or gargling salt water, or inhaling lots of steam. Yeah…we didn’t think so. Probably better just to stick to the tea. With its soothing citrus and mint aroma we can’t guarantee miracle results, but at least we can guarantee it tastes great. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, juniper berries, orange peel. With natural eucalyptus and orange oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Bought this tea along with the Cold Survival Kit. My family and I drank this up during our very sick days, and it just makes me feel a little bit more relaxed and better than I was before. Tastes like many other regular mint teas. I probably won’t be repurchasing this tea only because I don’t find it that much of a unique tea to always have on hand.

Unlike most of the reviews, I actually like the taste of this one. Tastes exactly like it smells – like ‘Vicks VapoRub.’ But, well, good! Minty, herb-y and refreshing somehow. Works wonders on colds and allergies for me. One tea I plan to stock year-round.

This has been my go to cold tea lately! When I am stuffy or have a sore throat this tea I stick my face over my steeping cup and inhale. It is just as theraputic as drinking it. It is on the minty side, which I don’t mind, but I love the light eucalyptus flavor and scent that come out.

Never did a proper review of this one.

I recently got a sample of this in a recent order to DAVIDs. I haven’t had this tea in a long time since I’ve been going through my mint teas slowly. Apparently they reformulated this tea with apple, but it wasn’t in my sample at all. Either way I love the original: very strong peppermint taste with what I assume to be eucalyptus, and a hint of citrus. Great even as a regular tea, but I know it’ll be good for illness too. I don’t know if I’ll like the reformulated version as much, but I will eventually repurchase and do a tasting note.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Mint

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 5 g 20 OZ / 600 ML

I love strong mints. I think “Altoids” mints are an absolute joke, and don’t find them curiously strong at all. I’m crazy about Super-Mints that you can get from MUJI (a Japanese company) and if I had to compare Cold 911 to other pitiful mint teas that I’ve had, this is the “Super-Mint” of all mint teas.

The dry leaves smell amazing because of the eucalyptus and it is just as fabulous when it is steeped. There is a tiny hint of citrus, but only a bit. The juniper berries don’t really add anything to the tea, but it amuses me since it makes me think of Gin when I see them floating around (The French name for juniper is genévrier, from which Gin’s name is derived).

When I have a cold this tea is extremely soothing and the fact that it is caffeine free means that if I want to drink 10 cups a day, I can without getting jittery. It also makes an excellent after-dinner tea.

In an attempt to change this tea up a bit, I added half a teaspoon of pure licorice root (a rare find that I came upon in a teashop a year ago) and it makes this tea absolute magic! If you can get your hands on pure licorice, I highly recommend trying it – it brings out the citrus notes a bit more and I could go on drinking pots and pots of this mix.

Boiling 8 min or more

Wow ! I love the smell of eucalyptus! If you’re sick, that tea will be perfect cause it makes you feel cleaned up and it creates a fresh feeling in your mouth and throat and even in the oeasophagus! lol! I tasted it at the boutique and i bought some!

This tea is great when I am feeling sick, but otherwise I can’t touch it. The eucalyptus doesn’t sit well with me and it much too strong without a stuffy nose. I can see the appeal, but it’s really not one for me. Maybe some sweetener would make it more palatable, but I’m so glad the wife likes it so I don’t have to drink it.

Perfect when you’re sick or feeling an illness coming on! The name fits! It’s super refreshing and comforting. I tried it as a sample and immediately had to buy some.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Lemon, Lemon Zest

I received this as a sample in my last David’s Tea order. I really like it. The best tasting “wellness” tea I’ve had thus far. It really does comfort you when you’re feeling under the weather. I enjoyed the well balanced flavours mingling in here. The peppermint, orange, juniper berry and eucalyptus really shine. Lovely tea and it makes you feel better too!

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Orange, Peppermint

Okay, so. To start off, I don’t have a cold. I’m just trying to clear out a bunch of my old teas with only 1-2 cups left (or in this case, a random davidstea sample from an online order). I picked this one because it’s a herbal infusion, and I can’t do caffeine at this hour unless I want to be up all night.

So, I rip open the packet and dump the whole 5g into my strainer and the first thing that hits me is the smell of Vick’s vapo rub. This has eucalyptus oil…and peppermint…because it’s for clearing out your sinuses…when you have a cold…thus…the name…Cold 911…I’m an idiot.

After being brewed you can smell a bit of the orange and some of the super mentholated smell dies down but yeah…this tastes exactly as it sounds like it would taste, and there’s really not much reason to drink this aside from needing to clear out your sinuses when you have a cold (@myself duh!!!!!). I dumped this and to be honest, I’d probably rather huff vapo rub than try to drink this again.