Cold 911 (organic)

Herbal Tea
Apple, Juniper, Natural Orange Flavor, Peppermint
Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Menthol, Citrus, Lemon Zest, Apple, Mint, Orange, Earth, Orange Zest, Pine
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

• “Serious cold tea, and wish I'd grabbed some more when I went with the young'un I've started dating. He's now a loose leaf convert, and I'm his tea pusher. :P Tastes like liquid Vicks, but much...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1221 tasting notes
  • “Still drinking this, waiting for my ability to taste to return. I actually have been craving teas and can't have them because I can't taste them. What I would give for a tasty cup of Nina's Japon...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2155 tasting notes
  • “Longest week ever... ugh. So much going on, so very many many things... one of which has me saddened. (My Aunt-in-law passed away today. Cancer. Oh how I hate that vile word) So I needed something...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1363 tasting notes
  • “Ah first note with the new layout! Exciting! I am out at my parents this weekend and this tea was one I gave my mom and I found a bit of it left in the cupboard :D perfect thing for my migraine...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 1015 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Bad colds require great interventions. Take this tea, for example. It’s a deliciously soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries and orange peel. Pretty great, right? If that’s not extreme enough for you, you could try eating raw garlic, or gargling salt water, or inhaling lots of steam. Yeah…we didn’t think so. Probably better just to stick to the tea. With its soothing citrus and mint aroma we can’t guarantee miracle results, but at least we can guarantee it tastes great. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, juniper berries, orange peel. With natural eucalyptus and orange oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Bought this tea along with the Cold Survival Kit. My family and I drank this up during our very sick days, and it just makes me feel a little bit more relaxed and better than I was before. Tastes like many other regular mint teas. I probably won’t be repurchasing this tea only because I don’t find it that much of a unique tea to always have on hand.

Unlike most of the reviews, I actually like the taste of this one. Tastes exactly like it smells – like ‘Vicks VapoRub.’ But, well, good! Minty, herb-y and refreshing somehow. Works wonders on colds and allergies for me. One tea I plan to stock year-round.

This has been my go to cold tea lately! When I am stuffy or have a sore throat this tea I stick my face over my steeping cup and inhale. It is just as theraputic as drinking it. It is on the minty side, which I don’t mind, but I love the light eucalyptus flavor and scent that come out.

I love strong mints. I think “Altoids” mints are an absolute joke, and don’t find them curiously strong at all. I’m crazy about Super-Mints that you can get from MUJI (a Japanese company) and if I had to compare Cold 911 to other pitiful mint teas that I’ve had, this is the “Super-Mint” of all mint teas.

The dry leaves smell amazing because of the eucalyptus and it is just as fabulous when it is steeped. There is a tiny hint of citrus, but only a bit. The juniper berries don’t really add anything to the tea, but it amuses me since it makes me think of Gin when I see them floating around (The French name for juniper is genévrier, from which Gin’s name is derived).

When I have a cold this tea is extremely soothing and the fact that it is caffeine free means that if I want to drink 10 cups a day, I can without getting jittery. It also makes an excellent after-dinner tea.

In an attempt to change this tea up a bit, I added half a teaspoon of pure licorice root (a rare find that I came upon in a teashop a year ago) and it makes this tea absolute magic! If you can get your hands on pure licorice, I highly recommend trying it – it brings out the citrus notes a bit more and I could go on drinking pots and pots of this mix.

Boiling 8 min or more

Wow ! I love the smell of eucalyptus! If you’re sick, that tea will be perfect cause it makes you feel cleaned up and it creates a fresh feeling in your mouth and throat and even in the oeasophagus! lol! I tasted it at the boutique and i bought some!

Perfect tea when you’re feeling under the weather. No caffeine to interfere with the sleep you need. Soothing ingredients. Eucalyptus is a bit of an odd taste. But, sometimes I’m in just the right mood for this tea, so I’m glad I have it in my cupboard. Erik loves it, so perhaps that’s tipping the scale in it’s favor as well. Got this in the Cold Survival Kit I ordered from Davids in November 2014.

Maddy Barone

I had some tonight too! To me this is the best tea for stuffy noses.

SO beyond good for colds. A friend in university gave me a sample when I was sick, and it made me feel so much better. I’ll always keep a stock of it in my cupboard!

3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I received my package from David’s Tea today. I ordered Ginger Pear and Cold 911, and it wasn’t hard to decide which I would drink tonight. My cold has morphed into a sinus infection and I feel pretty miserable. The doctor prescribed Levequin (sp?) and I prescribed Cold 911. Even though I can’t smell it, the steam has enough menthol-like qualities to help open my sinuses. The taste ( to someone who has no sense of smell, and thus very little sense of taste) is a teeny bit menthol-y. I probably wouldn’t sip this tea for pleasure, but when I have a cold or my sinuses are completely swollen shut, this is the tea I want.

Wow is this minty!! I didn’t have a cold but I can only imagine how soothing this would be if I were all congested. Almost has a menthol cough drop taste… but in a good way. Would not be able to drink this one every day because it is so powerful, but it would definitely be great to clear your sinuses!

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Peppermint

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Another of my DAVIDsTEA samples that I’m trying to get through! When I first opened the sample package the medicine smell was overwhelming! Like cough drops and Vick’s vapor rub. I am not sick right now, so maybe I should have saved this tea for a time when I have a cold! After I started drinking it though, it’s not so bad. It definitely has a medicinal taste, but not as overwhelming as the initial smell. This would definitely not be a regular go-to tea, but I would definitely recommend it if you are feeling under the weather.

Flavors: Menthol, Peppermint