Cold 911 (organic)

Herbal Tea
Apple, Juniper, Natural Orange Flavor, Peppermint
Mint, Eucalyptus, Medicinal, Menthol, Orange, Fruity, Herbs, Peppermint, Orange Zest, Sweet, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Apple, Citrus, Earth, Pine
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Bad colds require great interventions. Take this tea, for example. It’s a deliciously soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries and orange peel. Pretty great, right? If that’s not extreme enough for you, you could try eating raw garlic, or gargling salt water, or inhaling lots of steam. Yeah…we didn’t think so. Probably better just to stick to the tea. With its soothing citrus and mint aroma we can’t guarantee miracle results, but at least we can guarantee it tastes great. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, juniper berries, orange peel. With natural eucalyptus and orange oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Bought this tea along with the Cold Survival Kit. My family and I drank this up during our very sick days, and it just makes me feel a little bit more relaxed and better than I was before. Tastes like many other regular mint teas. I probably won’t be repurchasing this tea only because I don’t find it that much of a unique tea to always have on hand.

Unlike most of the reviews, I actually like the taste of this one. Tastes exactly like it smells – like ‘Vicks VapoRub.’ But, well, good! Minty, herb-y and refreshing somehow. Works wonders on colds and allergies for me. One tea I plan to stock year-round.

This has been my go to cold tea lately! When I am stuffy or have a sore throat this tea I stick my face over my steeping cup and inhale. It is just as theraputic as drinking it. It is on the minty side, which I don’t mind, but I love the light eucalyptus flavor and scent that come out.

Never did a proper review of this one.

I recently got a sample of this in a recent order to DAVIDs. I haven’t had this tea in a long time since I’ve been going through my mint teas slowly. Apparently they reformulated this tea with apple, but it wasn’t in my sample at all. Either way I love the original: very strong peppermint taste with what I assume to be eucalyptus, and a hint of citrus. Great even as a regular tea, but I know it’ll be good for illness too. I don’t know if I’ll like the reformulated version as much, but I will eventually repurchase and do a tasting note.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Mint

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 5 g 20 OZ / 600 ML

I love strong mints. I think “Altoids” mints are an absolute joke, and don’t find them curiously strong at all. I’m crazy about Super-Mints that you can get from MUJI (a Japanese company) and if I had to compare Cold 911 to other pitiful mint teas that I’ve had, this is the “Super-Mint” of all mint teas.

The dry leaves smell amazing because of the eucalyptus and it is just as fabulous when it is steeped. There is a tiny hint of citrus, but only a bit. The juniper berries don’t really add anything to the tea, but it amuses me since it makes me think of Gin when I see them floating around (The French name for juniper is genévrier, from which Gin’s name is derived).

When I have a cold this tea is extremely soothing and the fact that it is caffeine free means that if I want to drink 10 cups a day, I can without getting jittery. It also makes an excellent after-dinner tea.

In an attempt to change this tea up a bit, I added half a teaspoon of pure licorice root (a rare find that I came upon in a teashop a year ago) and it makes this tea absolute magic! If you can get your hands on pure licorice, I highly recommend trying it – it brings out the citrus notes a bit more and I could go on drinking pots and pots of this mix.

Boiling 8 min or more

Wow ! I love the smell of eucalyptus! If you’re sick, that tea will be perfect cause it makes you feel cleaned up and it creates a fresh feeling in your mouth and throat and even in the oeasophagus! lol! I tasted it at the boutique and i bought some!

I’m not usually a fan of minty tea but I rather like this one. The smell of it dry is quite overpowering but when it is steeped it is reasonable in smell and taste. I like that the taste is not super sweet. While this tea is marketed for colds, I tried it when I was feeling fine. I found this tea to be refreshing and even felt like it gave me a bit of an energy boost.

Flavors: Mint

Ick, I did not care for this blend at all. You know how drinking orange juice tastes terrible after brushing your teeth with a strong minty toothpaste? For some reason, DT thought making that awful flavour into a tisane would be a good idea. Peppermint, orange, and eucalyptus, and fruit do not go together. I have no idea how anyone could like this peculiar tea.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Fruity, Herbs, Medicinal, Orange, Peppermint

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 20 OZ / 600 ML
Rasseru

throw-everything-&-see-what-sticks approach..?

It really does stop a cold right in its tracks. Stuffed nose – taken care of with this. Doesn’t last long but its nice to have something that mixes with the dayquil

This is the ultimate illness tea. I add a bit of honey to this when I’m sick for my throat as well. The juniper berries and the eucalyptus really help to sooth your sinus and throat while trying to break through any congestion. I would pick this up again if possible for those horrid times when I am under the weather.

Sipdown

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Menthol, Mint

Evol Ving Ness

I suppose I need to keep some of this on standby for those kinds of horrid times. I hope you are on the mend.

TeaNTees

@evol Thanks dear! I am actually not sick at the moment; this is from my backlog. :) This tea does help a bit when you really need it, in any case.