Cold 911 (organic)

Herbal Tea
Apple, Juniper, Natural Orange Flavor, Peppermint
Eucalyptus, Medicinal, Menthol, Mint, Orange, Fruity, Herbs, Peppermint, Orange Zest, Sweet, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Apple, Citrus, Earth, Pine
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Bad colds require great interventions. Take this tea, for example. It’s a deliciously soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries and orange peel. Pretty great, right? If that’s not extreme enough for you, you could try eating raw garlic, or gargling salt water, or inhaling lots of steam. Yeah…we didn’t think so. Probably better just to stick to the tea. With its soothing citrus and mint aroma we can’t guarantee miracle results, but at least we can guarantee it tastes great. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, juniper berries, orange peel. With natural eucalyptus and orange oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Bought this tea along with the Cold Survival Kit. My family and I drank this up during our very sick days, and it just makes me feel a little bit more relaxed and better than I was before. Tastes like many other regular mint teas. I probably won’t be repurchasing this tea only because I don’t find it that much of a unique tea to always have on hand.

Unlike most of the reviews, I actually like the taste of this one. Tastes exactly like it smells – like ‘Vicks VapoRub.’ But, well, good! Minty, herb-y and refreshing somehow. Works wonders on colds and allergies for me. One tea I plan to stock year-round.

This has been my go to cold tea lately! When I am stuffy or have a sore throat this tea I stick my face over my steeping cup and inhale. It is just as theraputic as drinking it. It is on the minty side, which I don’t mind, but I love the light eucalyptus flavor and scent that come out.

Never did a proper review of this one.

I recently got a sample of this in a recent order to DAVIDs. I haven’t had this tea in a long time since I’ve been going through my mint teas slowly. Apparently they reformulated this tea with apple, but it wasn’t in my sample at all. Either way I love the original: very strong peppermint taste with what I assume to be eucalyptus, and a hint of citrus. Great even as a regular tea, but I know it’ll be good for illness too. I don’t know if I’ll like the reformulated version as much, but I will eventually repurchase and do a tasting note.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Mint

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 5 g 20 OZ / 600 ML

I love strong mints. I think “Altoids” mints are an absolute joke, and don’t find them curiously strong at all. I’m crazy about Super-Mints that you can get from MUJI (a Japanese company) and if I had to compare Cold 911 to other pitiful mint teas that I’ve had, this is the “Super-Mint” of all mint teas.

The dry leaves smell amazing because of the eucalyptus and it is just as fabulous when it is steeped. There is a tiny hint of citrus, but only a bit. The juniper berries don’t really add anything to the tea, but it amuses me since it makes me think of Gin when I see them floating around (The French name for juniper is genévrier, from which Gin’s name is derived).

When I have a cold this tea is extremely soothing and the fact that it is caffeine free means that if I want to drink 10 cups a day, I can without getting jittery. It also makes an excellent after-dinner tea.

In an attempt to change this tea up a bit, I added half a teaspoon of pure licorice root (a rare find that I came upon in a teashop a year ago) and it makes this tea absolute magic! If you can get your hands on pure licorice, I highly recommend trying it – it brings out the citrus notes a bit more and I could go on drinking pots and pots of this mix.

Boiling 8 min or more

Wow ! I love the smell of eucalyptus! If you’re sick, that tea will be perfect cause it makes you feel cleaned up and it creates a fresh feeling in your mouth and throat and even in the oeasophagus! lol! I tasted it at the boutique and i bought some!

This actually tastes good today, which is the final proof that I have an official cold.
Seriously, how am I supposed to NaNoWriMo with a cold?

This is the go-to tea of my husband every time he is sick and feeling that he’ll catch colds or flu.

The continued raid on the sample bowl continues!
Yesterday I started to have a tickle in my throat and was feeling slightly achy. No good! I did not want to be sick for the trick-or-treaters, and I’ve got the first week of Nanowrimo this week. Not a good time to be sick.
Fortunately pouring pumpkin soup down my gullet helped a ton, and the tickle is pretty well gone today. But lets not risk it, eh? Tea gown the gullet as well!
And you know what, this tastes and smells exactly like what I would want when I’m sick. I may actually grab some to have on hand this winter, as it was very soothing. I even felt the slight headache I’m battling today fade, and my energy rise a bit.
I was convinced this would be a gimmick, but darned if I’m not a convert.

I’ll review this as best I can but keep in mind my taste buds and ability to smell are impaired by my current cold. I’m not sure why it happens but most holidays seem to end with a cold for me. I mean I guess I understand to some degree. Holidays are accompanied by travel and travel means exposure to lots of different bugs and germs in airplanes, buses and other venues. I guess I should be thankful that it has hit me at the last few days of my 17 day holiday rather than earlier.

I was saving the two sample packs of DAVIDs Cold 911 tea for when it would be useful and today is the day. This tea is like a liquid vicks for me. Could feel my sinuses slightly clearer with each sip and the lovely mint, eucalyptus and menthol flavours give it a rather medicinal feel. This was followed with a hot eucalyptus bath and I think I’m on my way to recovery. Highly recommend this tea when a cold’s got you down. It tastes worlds better than Buckley’s.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Medicinal, Menthol, Mint