Cold 911 (organic)

Herbal Tea
Apple, Juniper, Natural Orange Flavor, Peppermint
Eucalyptus, Menthol, Peppermint, Medicinal, Mint, Orange, Citrus, Lemon Zest, Apple, Earth, Orange Zest, Pine
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Bad colds require great interventions. Take this tea, for example. It’s a deliciously soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries and orange peel. Pretty great, right? If that’s not extreme enough for you, you could try eating raw garlic, or gargling salt water, or inhaling lots of steam. Yeah…we didn’t think so. Probably better just to stick to the tea. With its soothing citrus and mint aroma we can’t guarantee miracle results, but at least we can guarantee it tastes great. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, juniper berries, orange peel. With natural eucalyptus and orange oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Bought this tea along with the Cold Survival Kit. My family and I drank this up during our very sick days, and it just makes me feel a little bit more relaxed and better than I was before. Tastes like many other regular mint teas. I probably won’t be repurchasing this tea only because I don’t find it that much of a unique tea to always have on hand.

Unlike most of the reviews, I actually like the taste of this one. Tastes exactly like it smells – like ‘Vicks VapoRub.’ But, well, good! Minty, herb-y and refreshing somehow. Works wonders on colds and allergies for me. One tea I plan to stock year-round.

This has been my go to cold tea lately! When I am stuffy or have a sore throat this tea I stick my face over my steeping cup and inhale. It is just as theraputic as drinking it. It is on the minty side, which I don’t mind, but I love the light eucalyptus flavor and scent that come out.

I love strong mints. I think “Altoids” mints are an absolute joke, and don’t find them curiously strong at all. I’m crazy about Super-Mints that you can get from MUJI (a Japanese company) and if I had to compare Cold 911 to other pitiful mint teas that I’ve had, this is the “Super-Mint” of all mint teas.

The dry leaves smell amazing because of the eucalyptus and it is just as fabulous when it is steeped. There is a tiny hint of citrus, but only a bit. The juniper berries don’t really add anything to the tea, but it amuses me since it makes me think of Gin when I see them floating around (The French name for juniper is genévrier, from which Gin’s name is derived).

When I have a cold this tea is extremely soothing and the fact that it is caffeine free means that if I want to drink 10 cups a day, I can without getting jittery. It also makes an excellent after-dinner tea.

In an attempt to change this tea up a bit, I added half a teaspoon of pure licorice root (a rare find that I came upon in a teashop a year ago) and it makes this tea absolute magic! If you can get your hands on pure licorice, I highly recommend trying it – it brings out the citrus notes a bit more and I could go on drinking pots and pots of this mix.

Boiling 8 min or more

Wow ! I love the smell of eucalyptus! If you’re sick, that tea will be perfect cause it makes you feel cleaned up and it creates a fresh feeling in your mouth and throat and even in the oeasophagus! lol! I tasted it at the boutique and i bought some!

A giant blast of peppermint, juniper, and menthol.

Although the tea contains other ingredients like apple pieces, they get totally overwhelmed and I didn’t notice their influence on the resulting cup

Great for the sinuses and throat, but it’s pungency means something I would definitely only drink when sick and needing relief

I used 4.1 grams per 12oz mug

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Menthol, Peppermint

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 4 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

Woo, this is potent! Surprisingly delicious for a medicinal tea, it’s helping to clear my head so I can actually taste it. I’m spending this Valentine’s Day trying desperately to stave off the cold that wants to break through. I have had so much green tea with honey and ginger that it’s coming out my ears. So I was happy to remember that I had this sample in my drawer from my last David’s Tea order!

Really liking this cup, it’s my second of the day. The first resteeped pretty well too. I can really taste the eucalyptus oil. I wouldn’t have expected it to go so well with orange and mint but somehow the flavor combination really works. I actually wish I had more of this to drink when I need to clear my head. Definitely something I’ll consider purchasing in the future.

Bart

hello Sara,
in my opinion its not good to drink so much ginger.

And the Eucalyptus using inside as a tea BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR TERRIBLE.
GET BETTER SOON
BART

To be honest, this stuff tastes terrible. The mix of orange peel and mint reminds me alternately of medicine and a big cup of juice directly after brushing my teeth.

But I’m just so sick today. For some reason, this god-awful concoction does soothe my throat enough that I’ll keep drinking it. For that reason I’ll give it a solid 50. Not something I would ever drink under regular circumstances, but good for those days when I’m an aching, shivering mess with no voice.

Flavors: Medicinal, Menthol, Mint, Orange

4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
DeliriumsFrogs

Hope you feel better! :(

dragondrool

Hope you’re much better soon!

M

Thank you! With enough tea I’m sure it’ll all be better soon.

This is like drinking a cough drop. I can’t say that I really like it, but it does the trick with this head cold. I can taste it at least, and it does seem to loosen things up a bit.

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
M

I feel the same about that one. Only drink it when I’m sick and feeling sorry for myself.

Perfect tea when you’re feeling under the weather. No caffeine to interfere with the sleep you need. Soothing ingredients. Eucalyptus is a bit of an odd taste. But, sometimes I’m in just the right mood for this tea, so I’m glad I have it in my cupboard. Erik loves it, so perhaps that’s tipping the scale in it’s favor as well. Got this in the Cold Survival Kit I ordered from Davids in November 2014.

Maddy Barone

I had some tonight too! To me this is the best tea for stuffy noses.