Cold 911 (organic)

Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

• “Serious cold tea, and wish I'd grabbed some more when I went with the young'un I've started dating. He's now a loose leaf convert, and I'm his tea pusher. :P Tastes like liquid Vicks, but much...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1116 tasting notes
  • “Still drinking this, waiting for my ability to taste to return. I actually have been craving teas and can't have them because I can't taste them. What I would give for a tasty cup of Nina's Japon...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1933 tasting notes
  • “Longest week ever... ugh. So much going on, so very many many things... one of which has me saddened. (My Aunt-in-law passed away today. Cancer. Oh how I hate that vile word) So I needed something...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1309 tasting notes
  • “Ah first note with the new layout! Exciting! I am out at my parents this weekend and this tea was one I gave my mom and I found a bit of it left in the cupboard :D perfect thing for my migraine...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 920 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Bad colds require great interventions. Take this tea, for example. It’s a deliciously soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries and orange peel. Pretty great, right? If that’s not extreme enough for you, you could try eating raw garlic, or gargling salt water, or inhaling lots of steam. Yeah…we didn’t think so. Probably better just to stick to the tea. With its soothing citrus and mint aroma we can’t guarantee miracle results, but at least we can guarantee it tastes great. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, juniper berries, orange peel. With natural eucalyptus and orange oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Bought this tea along with the Cold Survival Kit. My family and I drank this up during our very sick days, and it just makes me feel a little bit more relaxed and better than I was before. Tastes like many other regular mint teas. I probably won’t be repurchasing this tea only because I don’t find it that much of a unique tea to always have on hand.

Unlike most of the reviews, I actually like the taste of this one. Tastes exactly like it smells – like ‘Vicks VapoRub.’ But, well, good! Minty, herb-y and refreshing somehow. Works wonders on colds and allergies for me. One tea I plan to stock year-round.

This has been my go to cold tea lately! When I am stuffy or have a sore throat this tea I stick my face over my steeping cup and inhale. It is just as theraputic as drinking it. It is on the minty side, which I don’t mind, but I love the light eucalyptus flavor and scent that come out.

I love strong mints. I think “Altoids” mints are an absolute joke, and don’t find them curiously strong at all. I’m crazy about Super-Mints that you can get from MUJI (a Japanese company) and if I had to compare Cold 911 to other pitiful mint teas that I’ve had, this is the “Super-Mint” of all mint teas.

The dry leaves smell amazing because of the eucalyptus and it is just as fabulous when it is steeped. There is a tiny hint of citrus, but only a bit. The juniper berries don’t really add anything to the tea, but it amuses me since it makes me think of Gin when I see them floating around (The French name for juniper is genévrier, from which Gin’s name is derived).

When I have a cold this tea is extremely soothing and the fact that it is caffeine free means that if I want to drink 10 cups a day, I can without getting jittery. It also makes an excellent after-dinner tea.

In an attempt to change this tea up a bit, I added half a teaspoon of pure licorice root (a rare find that I came upon in a teashop a year ago) and it makes this tea absolute magic! If you can get your hands on pure licorice, I highly recommend trying it – it brings out the citrus notes a bit more and I could go on drinking pots and pots of this mix.

Boiling 8 min or more

Wow ! I love the smell of eucalyptus! If you’re sick, that tea will be perfect cause it makes you feel cleaned up and it creates a fresh feeling in your mouth and throat and even in the oeasophagus! lol! I tasted it at the boutique and i bought some!

On the verge of a cold and I had some of this hiding in my cupboard. Not sure if it’ll prevent the cold, but definitely tastes good! Minty, but with hints of the juniper. Can mildly taste the orange. As its an herbal, I just let the tea sit in the cup and found that it did not affect the strength or taste of the tea.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 18 OZ / 532 ML

I feel a cold coming on and this is not okay since I have an 8day work week ahead of me!!
I got this as a free sample from my last DAVIDs order a while ago and I’ve been saving it for a day when I’ll feel under the weather… and today is that day.

Opening up the pack it smells so healthy and it smells like medicine. Gross. BUT AT LEAST AT FIRST SNIFF IT SMELLS LIKE IT’S GOING TO CURE ME IN AN INSTANT. Mint, juniper berries, citrus. Yeah I’ll stick to those ingredients for the next week or so just to make myself feel better.

I like how the orange peel is coming out as it steeps!
Oh gosh. IT TASTES SO HEALTHY. Happy that there’s no ginger in this, and the orange and eucalyptus oils are very strong.
I think… I think I like this? I might get some of this when I go to DAVIDs (in like a year ha) just so I have tea for when I feel all gross and groggy

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Mint, Orange

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 5 g 14 OZ / 414 ML

This is my go-to whenever I start to catch a cold. I brew a whole pot of this and sip on it for hours until I fall asleep. Instantly, the peppermint clears sinuses while the orange peel sends waves of relaxation through your entire body, and the peppercorns provide a lasting kick. An incredible sensation when you’re feeling less-than-stellar – and one you can depend on to work every time. Do not oversteep; it kills the flavour and will not make the medicinal properties any more effective. Honey complements but agave is often too sweet.

Flavors: Earth, Orange Zest, Pine

I’m not drinking this because it’s the sort of thing I enjoy, in fact, I would never touch the stuff if I wasn’t sick. My friend told me he buys it for pleasure and I was like “What!!?”

Just not my thing.
It’s not BAD, I’m just not a huge fan of herbals. It’s minty, it makes me feel better when I’m sick. Which I guess I am, I woke up this morning with a sore throat, one of those “I obviously swallowed some razor blades while I was asleep” deals.

My husband has been sick for almost 2 weeks with this cold, so I thought I was free…but no. And the baby started with it on the weekend which is not cool. If you can tell me something more pitiful than the sound of a baby coughing, I’d like to know what it is.

So to sum up, I woke up this morning, remembered this tea and actually had a mug of this before my morning coffee. WHOA, I MUST be sick!!

I will probably have another mug before bed, even if it’s a placebo. Being sick means wanting to feel comforted, so this will do.

Stay away from the house of illness!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
keychange

Oh, I would never ever in a million years drink this if I wasn’t sick, either. I hope you feel better soon. This is a good sick tea.

whatshesaid

Thanks :)

Glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t drink this for fun! It IS a good sick tea, though.

Thanks for sending me some of this Christina!

I was intrigued by this one after reading other people’s posts. Alas, all I’m really getting here is mint. I actually thought it was spearmint, but upon looking at the ingredients list I think what i’m picking up on is the peppermint + eucalyptus. I’m definitely not picking up any citrus here.

This is a tasty mint herbal. It doesn’t strike me as anything special though. It may be especially soothing when one actually has a cold, but I didn’t have the patience to wait. I did try this during a migraine a few days ago and it didn’t really help. So… meh. No rating because I didn’t drink it as ostensibly intended.

sipdown