Cold 911 (organic)

Herbal Tea
Apple, Juniper, Natural Orange Flavor, Peppermint
Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Menthol, Citrus, Lemon Zest, Apple, Mint, Orange, Earth, Orange Zest, Pine
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

• “Serious cold tea, and wish I'd grabbed some more when I went with the young'un I've started dating. He's now a loose leaf convert, and I'm his tea pusher. :P Tastes like liquid Vicks, but much...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1221 tasting notes
  • “Still drinking this, waiting for my ability to taste to return. I actually have been craving teas and can't have them because I can't taste them. What I would give for a tasty cup of Nina's Japon...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2155 tasting notes
  • “Longest week ever... ugh. So much going on, so very many many things... one of which has me saddened. (My Aunt-in-law passed away today. Cancer. Oh how I hate that vile word) So I needed something...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1363 tasting notes
  • “Ah first note with the new layout! Exciting! I am out at my parents this weekend and this tea was one I gave my mom and I found a bit of it left in the cupboard :D perfect thing for my migraine...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 1015 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Bad colds require great interventions. Take this tea, for example. It’s a deliciously soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries and orange peel. Pretty great, right? If that’s not extreme enough for you, you could try eating raw garlic, or gargling salt water, or inhaling lots of steam. Yeah…we didn’t think so. Probably better just to stick to the tea. With its soothing citrus and mint aroma we can’t guarantee miracle results, but at least we can guarantee it tastes great. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, juniper berries, orange peel. With natural eucalyptus and orange oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Ooof, this one is a doozy. Serves its medicinal purpose well; it will definitely cure what ails ya. Unfortunately the taste is reminiscent of molten Vicks Vaporub. Far too strong and herbal for casual sipping.

Recommended as a cold remedy.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Peppermint

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Only one cup in, and it’s helping with the drips. Oh, the joys of cold teas!

I picked this and Cold Zing up tonight in the hopes of tagging down this cold. Such a strong scent of eucalyptus! I was afraid this would taste very medicinal, but it tastes very light and citrusy instead. I second the fact that it puts the sensation of Vicks on your tongue and throat, but I suspect that’s what makes it so effective – similar ingredients.

This will be replacing Super Ginger as my night-time cold tea: finally, effects I need in a flavor I like!

Flavors: Citrus, Eucalyptus, Lemon Zest, Menthol

205 °F / 96 °C 1 tsp 12 OZ / 350 ML
pkmnnerdfighter

Second steeped for 12m. Either I went too long the first time (didn’t time it) or this doesn’t second steep.

carol who

Feel better soon. I’ll throw a cold and flu blend since I’m sending you a swap tomorrow.

The mint paired with the juniper and the apple is FANTASTIC, and you can feel it in your throat. It’s pretty soothing for a sore throat! I wouldn’t let it get cold at all though, the warmth is definitely key. I take this with milk, no sugar.

Flavors: Apple, Peppermint

2 g 12 OZ / 350 ML

On the verge of a cold and I had some of this hiding in my cupboard. Not sure if it’ll prevent the cold, but definitely tastes good! Minty, but with hints of the juniper. Can mildly taste the orange. As its an herbal, I just let the tea sit in the cup and found that it did not affect the strength or taste of the tea.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 18 OZ / 532 ML

I feel a cold coming on and this is not okay since I have an 8day work week ahead of me!!
I got this as a free sample from my last DAVIDs order a while ago and I’ve been saving it for a day when I’ll feel under the weather… and today is that day.

Opening up the pack it smells so healthy and it smells like medicine. Gross. BUT AT LEAST AT FIRST SNIFF IT SMELLS LIKE IT’S GOING TO CURE ME IN AN INSTANT. Mint, juniper berries, citrus. Yeah I’ll stick to those ingredients for the next week or so just to make myself feel better.

I like how the orange peel is coming out as it steeps!
Oh gosh. IT TASTES SO HEALTHY. Happy that there’s no ginger in this, and the orange and eucalyptus oils are very strong.
I think… I think I like this? I might get some of this when I go to DAVIDs (in like a year ha) just so I have tea for when I feel all gross and groggy

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Mint, Orange

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 5 g 14 OZ / 414 ML

This is my go-to whenever I start to catch a cold. I brew a whole pot of this and sip on it for hours until I fall asleep. Instantly, the peppermint clears sinuses while the orange peel sends waves of relaxation through your entire body, and the peppercorns provide a lasting kick. An incredible sensation when you’re feeling less-than-stellar – and one you can depend on to work every time. Do not oversteep; it kills the flavour and will not make the medicinal properties any more effective. Honey complements but agave is often too sweet.

Flavors: Earth, Orange Zest, Pine

I’m not drinking this because it’s the sort of thing I enjoy, in fact, I would never touch the stuff if I wasn’t sick. My friend told me he buys it for pleasure and I was like “What!!?”

Just not my thing.
It’s not BAD, I’m just not a huge fan of herbals. It’s minty, it makes me feel better when I’m sick. Which I guess I am, I woke up this morning with a sore throat, one of those “I obviously swallowed some razor blades while I was asleep” deals.

My husband has been sick for almost 2 weeks with this cold, so I thought I was free…but no. And the baby started with it on the weekend which is not cool. If you can tell me something more pitiful than the sound of a baby coughing, I’d like to know what it is.

So to sum up, I woke up this morning, remembered this tea and actually had a mug of this before my morning coffee. WHOA, I MUST be sick!!

I will probably have another mug before bed, even if it’s a placebo. Being sick means wanting to feel comforted, so this will do.

Stay away from the house of illness!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
keychange

Oh, I would never ever in a million years drink this if I wasn’t sick, either. I hope you feel better soon. This is a good sick tea.

whatshesaid

Thanks :)

Glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t drink this for fun! It IS a good sick tea, though.

Thanks for sending me some of this Christina!

I was intrigued by this one after reading other people’s posts. Alas, all I’m really getting here is mint. I actually thought it was spearmint, but upon looking at the ingredients list I think what i’m picking up on is the peppermint + eucalyptus. I’m definitely not picking up any citrus here.

This is a tasty mint herbal. It doesn’t strike me as anything special though. It may be especially soothing when one actually has a cold, but I didn’t have the patience to wait. I did try this during a migraine a few days ago and it didn’t really help. So… meh. No rating because I didn’t drink it as ostensibly intended.

sipdown

I am currently suffering from a nasty cold which has been going around here. I went through stage one, sleeping all the time/small fever/chills and I am now on stage two. Congestion and cough. This is the worst stage for me because I never can sleep with the congestion. Don’t know why I didn’t remember to have a cup of my cold 911 tea before bed, but I am glad it is organic and has no caffeine so I can take it at 3am like I am now. Right away, my sinuses cleared. This tea is my go to tea for a cold or for a cold winter night or just having a non-caffeinated tea before bed. I have also recommended this tea to my mom and some friends who suffer lots of colds or have sinus issues. I tell them it is better than paying for an expensive bottle of cold FX!

I am hoping to sleep well after I am done with my cup of tea.

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

One of the more decent cold teas I’ve had. Mint and eucalyptus are killer in my opinion so this tea works for me. I’m quite the fan. Good for sore throats especially because it completely avoids ginger.