Cold 911 (organic)

Herbal Tea
Apple, Juniper, Natural Orange Flavor, Peppermint
Citrus, Eucalyptus, Lemon Zest, Menthol, Apple, Peppermint, Mint, Orange, Earth, Orange Zest, Pine
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

• “Serious cold tea, and wish I'd grabbed some more when I went with the young'un I've started dating. He's now a loose leaf convert, and I'm his tea pusher. :P Tastes like liquid Vicks, but much...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1144 tasting notes
  • “Still drinking this, waiting for my ability to taste to return. I actually have been craving teas and can't have them because I can't taste them. What I would give for a tasty cup of Nina's Japon...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1966 tasting notes
  • “Longest week ever... ugh. So much going on, so very many many things... one of which has me saddened. (My Aunt-in-law passed away today. Cancer. Oh how I hate that vile word) So I needed something...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1315 tasting notes
  • “Ah first note with the new layout! Exciting! I am out at my parents this weekend and this tea was one I gave my mom and I found a bit of it left in the cupboard :D perfect thing for my migraine...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 944 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Bad colds require great interventions. Take this tea, for example. It’s a deliciously soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries and orange peel. Pretty great, right? If that’s not extreme enough for you, you could try eating raw garlic, or gargling salt water, or inhaling lots of steam. Yeah…we didn’t think so. Probably better just to stick to the tea. With its soothing citrus and mint aroma we can’t guarantee miracle results, but at least we can guarantee it tastes great. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, juniper berries, orange peel. With natural eucalyptus and orange oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’m not drinking this because it’s the sort of thing I enjoy, in fact, I would never touch the stuff if I wasn’t sick. My friend told me he buys it for pleasure and I was like “What!!?”

Just not my thing.
It’s not BAD, I’m just not a huge fan of herbals. It’s minty, it makes me feel better when I’m sick. Which I guess I am, I woke up this morning with a sore throat, one of those “I obviously swallowed some razor blades while I was asleep” deals.

My husband has been sick for almost 2 weeks with this cold, so I thought I was free…but no. And the baby started with it on the weekend which is not cool. If you can tell me something more pitiful than the sound of a baby coughing, I’d like to know what it is.

So to sum up, I woke up this morning, remembered this tea and actually had a mug of this before my morning coffee. WHOA, I MUST be sick!!

I will probably have another mug before bed, even if it’s a placebo. Being sick means wanting to feel comforted, so this will do.

Stay away from the house of illness!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
keychange

Oh, I would never ever in a million years drink this if I wasn’t sick, either. I hope you feel better soon. This is a good sick tea.

whatshesaid

Thanks :)

Glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t drink this for fun! It IS a good sick tea, though.

Thanks for sending me some of this Christina!

I was intrigued by this one after reading other people’s posts. Alas, all I’m really getting here is mint. I actually thought it was spearmint, but upon looking at the ingredients list I think what i’m picking up on is the peppermint + eucalyptus. I’m definitely not picking up any citrus here.

This is a tasty mint herbal. It doesn’t strike me as anything special though. It may be especially soothing when one actually has a cold, but I didn’t have the patience to wait. I did try this during a migraine a few days ago and it didn’t really help. So… meh. No rating because I didn’t drink it as ostensibly intended.

sipdown

I am currently suffering from a nasty cold which has been going around here. I went through stage one, sleeping all the time/small fever/chills and I am now on stage two. Congestion and cough. This is the worst stage for me because I never can sleep with the congestion. Don’t know why I didn’t remember to have a cup of my cold 911 tea before bed, but I am glad it is organic and has no caffeine so I can take it at 3am like I am now. Right away, my sinuses cleared. This tea is my go to tea for a cold or for a cold winter night or just having a non-caffeinated tea before bed. I have also recommended this tea to my mom and some friends who suffer lots of colds or have sinus issues. I tell them it is better than paying for an expensive bottle of cold FX!

I am hoping to sleep well after I am done with my cup of tea.

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

One of the more decent cold teas I’ve had. Mint and eucalyptus are killer in my opinion so this tea works for me. I’m quite the fan. Good for sore throats especially because it completely avoids ginger.

holy eucalyptus! This one came in as one of the free samples with my order (my first order with David’s! SO exciting!) I had been agonizing over which tea I wanted to try first, and I’m glad I went with this one.
I just haven’t been feeling quite right the past couple of days. My sleeping pattern is off, and it has been an emotionally overwhelming past couple of days. I’m switching gears from planning on moving out of state for grad school, to now hoping for a campus placement close to home for a different grad school.
So today when I finally made it out of bed, I made myself the sample of this tea making a whole pot in my small teapot before getting to all my paperwork. I do get a bit of orange, and a ton of eucalyptus. I am feeling a bit better, in that I’m still feeling crappy but not quite as much kind of way. Maybe if I try to relax in a bath with some eucalyptus spearmint bubble bath, that might help.

This tea isn’t joking when it says it’s a cold tea. The dry leaf smells exactly like halls or some other strong cough drop. Upon drinking, I experience an immediate cooling effect in my throat and tongue. I wouldn’t drink this for pleasure, but it is probably the best cold tea I’ve had the pleasure to try. It’s not completely undrinkable or bitter or anything either, so this is an added bonus.

Flavors: Orange Zest

205 °F / 96 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

The taste and the smell aren’t very pleasant, but if you have a cold, this will make you feel better and clear up your sinuses for a few hours at least. Even breathing in the scent of the loose tea makes me feel slightly better. Just not a tea for enjoyment.

Boiling 2 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

Another scratchy throat… and only hours into my four day weekend? Really, body? This feels HIGHLY unfair…

I managed to beat that last one with an immediate dose of cold & flu tablets and streaming this tea, so let’s get back on that train immediately.

I swear, immune system. I know I’ve been shocked at your resilience lately but you could just keep it up, you know.

Oh Cold 911, you are my cold fighting super hero. I absolutely love this tea. When I breath the steam in, it clears my sinus’s and has a cooling sensation on my throat. This is my go to tea for all sickness (cold-wise).

UPDATE: I have a terrible cold right now, and Im desperately trying to down it with Cold 911. Again, I really love it, but does anyone else have suggestions for cold remedies?

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Tea for what ails you, and I am ailing. Sipping this in a travel mug on the way to the conference. I kept the used teabag with me so I could resteep it.

I’m not getting much in the way of eucalyptus or orange. Mostly mint. Ah well.

Anna

Feel better. <3

Michelle Butler Hallett

I hope you feel better soon.