Cold 911 (organic)

Herbal Tea
Apple, Juniper, Natural Orange Flavor, Peppermint
Eucalyptus, Medicinal, Menthol, Orange, Mint, Orange Zest, Peppermint, Sweet, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Apple, Citrus, Earth, Pine
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Bad colds require great interventions. Take this tea, for example. It’s a deliciously soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries and orange peel. Pretty great, right? If that’s not extreme enough for you, you could try eating raw garlic, or gargling salt water, or inhaling lots of steam. Yeah…we didn’t think so. Probably better just to stick to the tea. With its soothing citrus and mint aroma we can’t guarantee miracle results, but at least we can guarantee it tastes great. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, juniper berries, orange peel. With natural eucalyptus and orange oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The first time I smelled this tea, it was so strong that it made my eyes tear up. I had a cold at the time and it kinda cleared up my sinuses for a bit. It’s a very nice tea-I even tried it when I was not sick and it was still very yummy. Just don`t take a strong whiff-don`t say I didn`t warn you!

I swear by this tea. It smells strong but is very pleasant to taste, unlike a lot of traditional cold remedies. It is really good at warding off the start of colds too!

This tea is great when I am feeling sick, but otherwise I can’t touch it. The eucalyptus doesn’t sit well with me and it much too strong without a stuffy nose. I can see the appeal, but it’s really not one for me. Maybe some sweetener would make it more palatable, but I’m so glad the wife likes it so I don’t have to drink it.

Perfect when you’re sick or feeling an illness coming on! The name fits! It’s super refreshing and comforting. I tried it as a sample and immediately had to buy some.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Lemon, Lemon Zest

I received this as a sample in my last David’s Tea order. I really like it. The best tasting “wellness” tea I’ve had thus far. It really does comfort you when you’re feeling under the weather. I enjoyed the well balanced flavours mingling in here. The peppermint, orange, juniper berry and eucalyptus really shine. Lovely tea and it makes you feel better too!

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Orange, Peppermint

Okay, so. To start off, I don’t have a cold. I’m just trying to clear out a bunch of my old teas with only 1-2 cups left (or in this case, a random davidstea sample from an online order). I picked this one because it’s a herbal infusion, and I can’t do caffeine at this hour unless I want to be up all night.

So, I rip open the packet and dump the whole 5g into my strainer and the first thing that hits me is the smell of Vick’s vapo rub. This has eucalyptus oil…and peppermint…because it’s for clearing out your sinuses…when you have a cold…thus…the name…Cold 911…I’m an idiot.

After being brewed you can smell a bit of the orange and some of the super mentholated smell dies down but yeah…this tastes exactly as it sounds like it would taste, and there’s really not much reason to drink this aside from needing to clear out your sinuses when you have a cold (@myself duh!!!!!). I dumped this and to be honest, I’d probably rather huff vapo rub than try to drink this again.

I want to say I have tried a sample of this before, but it was so long ago that I don’t remember. Feeling a little blah today and figured it would be a good time to give it another go. It has a nice deep menthol like feel, likely from the eucalyptus. The first cup was okay, but not amazing. The second steeping was getting close to awful. It has this savory taste that makes me think of broth, not tea. It has a weird smell that makes me thing of meat a second before I sip it. I have no idea what the association was about, but it is a bit of a turn off. Mmmmmm meat tea!

Brooklynsheep

Thanks for reviewing this, Dustin! I bet the juniper contributed to the weird smell. I consider juniper a fairly outré choice for an anti-cold herbal tea blend; most herbal medicine references I’ve found consider it a liver detox/anti-fart thing. My favorite tea for fighting a cold is Yogi’s Cold Season, which has a touch of valerian (nicely veiled by high-powered aromatics like clove, ginger, eucalyptus, cinnamon, and black pepper), which makes it a great tea to drink about two hours before bedtime. I find I don’t particularly enjoy it unless I am fighting/do have a cold, however — wouldn’t recommend it for sipping pleasure.

Dustin

I bet you are right about the juniper being the culprit. I can imagine it working well in the turkey soup I’m working on too!
I like the idea of hidden valerian in a bed time tea! I’ll have to keep a look out for that.

Brooklynsheep

Dustin, how did the soup turn out?

Dustin

The soup turned out good, but I wasn’t able to find juniper berries in my cupboard. I could have sworn I had some…
I’ll have to look for some next time I’m spice shopping!

Brooklynsheep

Glad things all worked out well. Happy shopping!

Dustin

Last night I found the juniper berries at the bottom of the pantry behind the shelves. I bought them a while ago and when I finally think of something to use them for, they are hidden. Figures!

So good. It is very soothing and delicious. I don’t know that it actually helps with colds but it tastes so good I drink it when I don’t have a cold!

Made this the other day because I didn’t think I could stomach green tea/didn’t want to overload on caffeine and then be unable to sleep. It wasn’t bad, but all I tasted was mint.

Wow, this is a good tea. I wasn’t really expecting it to be good, but it was. It was minty and sweet. I will definitely keep this one in my cupboard for when I have a cold. It can also make a decent evening tea, since it is relaxing and doesn’t contain cafeine. It reminds me of the peppermint tea bags I used to drink when I was younger.

Flavors: Mint, Sweet