Cold 911 (organic)

Fruit Herbal Blend
Earth, Orange Zest, Pine
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Serious cold tea, and wish I'd grabbed some more when I went with the young'un I've started dating. He's now a loose leaf convert, and I'm his tea pusher. :P Tastes like liquid Vicks, but much...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 932 tasting notes
  • “Still drinking this, waiting for my ability to taste to return. I actually have been craving teas and can't have them because I can't taste them. What I would give for a tasty cup of Nina's Japon...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1324 tasting notes
  • “Longest week ever... ugh. So much going on, so very many many things... one of which has me saddened. (My Aunt-in-law passed away today. Cancer. Oh how I hate that vile word) So I needed something...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1257 tasting notes
  • “Ah first note with the new layout! Exciting! I am out at my parents this weekend and this tea was one I gave my mom and I found a bit of it left in the cupboard :D perfect thing for my migraine...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 820 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Emergency relief

Bad colds require great interventions. Take this tea, for example. It’s a deliciously soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries and orange peel. Pretty great, right? If that’s not extreme enough for you, you could try eating raw garlic, or gargling salt water, or inhaling lots of steam. Yeah…we didn’t think so. Probably better just to stick to the tea. With its soothing citrus and mint aroma we can’t guarantee miracle results, but at least we can guarantee it tastes great. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, juniper berries, orange peel. With natural eucalyptus and orange oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

One of the more decent cold teas I’ve had. Mint and eucalyptus are killer in my opinion so this tea works for me. I’m quite the fan. Good for sore throats especially because it completely avoids ginger.

holy eucalyptus! This one came in as one of the free samples with my order (my first order with David’s! SO exciting!) I had been agonizing over which tea I wanted to try first, and I’m glad I went with this one.
I just haven’t been feeling quite right the past couple of days. My sleeping pattern is off, and it has been an emotionally overwhelming past couple of days. I’m switching gears from planning on moving out of state for grad school, to now hoping for a campus placement close to home for a different grad school.
So today when I finally made it out of bed, I made myself the sample of this tea making a whole pot in my small teapot before getting to all my paperwork. I do get a bit of orange, and a ton of eucalyptus. I am feeling a bit better, in that I’m still feeling crappy but not quite as much kind of way. Maybe if I try to relax in a bath with some eucalyptus spearmint bubble bath, that might help.

This tea isn’t joking when it says it’s a cold tea. The dry leaf smells exactly like halls or some other strong cough drop. Upon drinking, I experience an immediate cooling effect in my throat and tongue. I wouldn’t drink this for pleasure, but it is probably the best cold tea I’ve had the pleasure to try. It’s not completely undrinkable or bitter or anything either, so this is an added bonus.

Flavors: Orange Zest

205 °F / 96 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

The taste and the smell aren’t very pleasant, but if you have a cold, this will make you feel better and clear up your sinuses for a few hours at least. Even breathing in the scent of the loose tea makes me feel slightly better. Just not a tea for enjoyment.

Boiling 2 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

I was so excited to finally have some of this, after longing for it during each cold virus I suffered last year. I’d have preferred not to have woken up with a scratchy throat earlier this week but when I remembered the Cold 911 was in the pantry, my mood brightened a little.
This is the best cold-fighting tea I’ve had so far., and I’ve tried a few, because I find a great deal soothing about hot tea with a cold virus. This is a powerful knockout and I’m gonna be sad when it’s gone again.

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

Oh Cold 911, you are my cold fighting super hero. I absolutely love this tea. When I breath the steam in, it clears my sinus’s and has a cooling sensation on my throat. This is my go to tea for all sickness (cold-wise).

UPDATE: I have a terrible cold right now, and Im desperately trying to down it with Cold 911. Again, I really love it, but does anyone else have suggestions for cold remedies?

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I’ve only drunk this tea while ill. When you’re all stuffed up and can barely smell things, this tea is lovely – the mint and orange work well together, and the tea just feels intrinsically good to drink.

I imagine that it would be quite different if you drink it when you’re not sick! To a healthy nose, the dry mix smells quite pungent (also, my sample doesn’t have many juniper berries). My mother, who doesn’t like tea at the best of times, let out an audible note of disgust when I asked her to smell the dry blend.

All that aside, it’s even better if you add some agave nectar.

What could I say… I don’t really know why I added this one to my last DT’s order. The name was nice I guess. Oh, and I love peppermint. I’m not sick but I wanted to give it a try today because I went out in the cold, the rain and all that snow and ice. So I felt I needed this.

The dry leaves smell is strong, like Vicks. Once steeped, it’s weaker. I can pick the peppermint and the orange tastes behind the eucalyptus. I guess it may indeed help to feel better when you are sick :)

I’ve been fighting a cold or the flu for the past couple of weeks and when you add insomnia to the mix, it hasn’t been pretty. I bought this tea on Saturday from David’s Tea in Prince George, BC and thought it would just sit in the back of my tea cupboard while sending me vibes of good health. Well, it doesn’t work this way so this morning I made my first cup and wow I’m impressed. I’m usually a fan of the Republic of Tea “get soothed” but this tea is amazing-perhaps because it’s a loose tea, while the get soothed is in bag form may be a contributing factor. I hope you get to try this because it will make you feel better.

I was feeling really crappy this morning with a sore throat and maybe feverish—you know that feeling you get when you’re coming down with a cold. I passed by a David’s and went in to get a cup of this to go. While it didn’t make my crap feelings go away, it did help a little. I thought it was enjoyable, though I can’t totally taste anything. Might try it again when I’m feeling better to see if I can taste more of what is in it. Suffice to say, I think this is a good tea to have on hand for occasions such as this!