Cold 911 (organic)

Herbal Tea
Apple, Juniper, Natural Orange Flavor, Peppermint
Apple, Eucalyptus, Orange, Peppermint, Menthol, Medicinal, Mint, Citrus, Lemon Zest, Earth, Orange Zest, Pine
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Bad colds require great interventions. Take this tea, for example. It’s a deliciously soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries and orange peel. Pretty great, right? If that’s not extreme enough for you, you could try eating raw garlic, or gargling salt water, or inhaling lots of steam. Yeah…we didn’t think so. Probably better just to stick to the tea. With its soothing citrus and mint aroma we can’t guarantee miracle results, but at least we can guarantee it tastes great. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, juniper berries, orange peel. With natural eucalyptus and orange oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

To be honest, this stuff tastes terrible. The mix of orange peel and mint reminds me alternately of medicine and a big cup of juice directly after brushing my teeth.

But I’m just so sick today. For some reason, this god-awful concoction does soothe my throat enough that I’ll keep drinking it. For that reason I’ll give it a solid 50. Not something I would ever drink under regular circumstances, but good for those days when I’m an aching, shivering mess with no voice.

Flavors: Medicinal, Menthol, Mint, Orange

4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
DeliriumsFrogs

Hope you feel better! :(

dragondrool

Hope you’re much better soon!

M

Thank you! With enough tea I’m sure it’ll all be better soon.

This is like drinking a cough drop. I can’t say that I really like it, but it does the trick with this head cold. I can taste it at least, and it does seem to loosen things up a bit.

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
M

I feel the same about that one. Only drink it when I’m sick and feeling sorry for myself.

Perfect tea when you’re feeling under the weather. No caffeine to interfere with the sleep you need. Soothing ingredients. Eucalyptus is a bit of an odd taste. But, sometimes I’m in just the right mood for this tea, so I’m glad I have it in my cupboard. Erik loves it, so perhaps that’s tipping the scale in it’s favor as well. Got this in the Cold Survival Kit I ordered from Davids in November 2014.

Maddy Barone

I had some tonight too! To me this is the best tea for stuffy noses.

SO beyond good for colds. A friend in university gave me a sample when I was sick, and it made me feel so much better. I’ll always keep a stock of it in my cupboard!

3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Gosh darn it, now I have sore throat and a cough. And of course all that coughing is irritating that tear in my rotator cuff. Do you ever feel like if it weren’t for bad luck you wouldn’t have any luck at all? That’s where I’m at right now. So I brewed up a pot of this. It’s not on the same level of “savoring” as some of my favorite black teas, but it’s nice when I’m under the weather., and it’s caffeine free so it works for evening. I really need to find some tasty teas without caffeine for evening .

Lindsay

Awww, feel better soon!

Maddy Barone

Thanks, Lindsay. I hope you’re beating off your yuck.

Wow is this minty!! I didn’t have a cold but I can only imagine how soothing this would be if I were all congested. Almost has a menthol cough drop taste… but in a good way. Would not be able to drink this one every day because it is so powerful, but it would definitely be great to clear your sinuses!

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Peppermint

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Another of my DAVIDsTEA samples that I’m trying to get through! When I first opened the sample package the medicine smell was overwhelming! Like cough drops and Vick’s vapor rub. I am not sick right now, so maybe I should have saved this tea for a time when I have a cold! After I started drinking it though, it’s not so bad. It definitely has a medicinal taste, but not as overwhelming as the initial smell. This would definitely not be a regular go-to tea, but I would definitely recommend it if you are feeling under the weather.

Flavors: Menthol, Peppermint

Ooof, this one is a doozy. Serves its medicinal purpose well; it will definitely cure what ails ya. Unfortunately the taste is reminiscent of molten Vicks Vaporub. Far too strong and herbal for casual sipping.

Recommended as a cold remedy.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Peppermint

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Only one cup in, and it’s helping with the drips. Oh, the joys of cold teas!

I picked this and Cold Zing up tonight in the hopes of tagging down this cold. Such a strong scent of eucalyptus! I was afraid this would taste very medicinal, but it tastes very light and citrusy instead. I second the fact that it puts the sensation of Vicks on your tongue and throat, but I suspect that’s what makes it so effective – similar ingredients.

This will be replacing Super Ginger as my night-time cold tea: finally, effects I need in a flavor I like!

Flavors: Citrus, Eucalyptus, Lemon Zest, Menthol

205 °F / 96 °C 1 tsp 12 OZ / 350 ML
pkmnnerdfighter

Second steeped for 12m. Either I went too long the first time (didn’t time it) or this doesn’t second steep.

carol who

Feel better soon. I’ll throw a cold and flu blend since I’m sending you a swap tomorrow.

The mint paired with the juniper and the apple is FANTASTIC, and you can feel it in your throat. It’s pretty soothing for a sore throat! I wouldn’t let it get cold at all though, the warmth is definitely key. I take this with milk, no sugar.

Flavors: Apple, Peppermint