Cold 911 (organic)

Herbal Tea
Apple, Juniper, Natural Orange Flavor, Peppermint
Mint, Sweet, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Lemon, Apple, Orange, Menthol, Medicinal, Citrus, Lemon Zest, Earth, Orange Zest, Pine
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

Bad colds require great interventions. Take this tea, for example. It’s a deliciously soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries and orange peel. Pretty great, right? If that’s not extreme enough for you, you could try eating raw garlic, or gargling salt water, or inhaling lots of steam. Yeah…we didn’t think so. Probably better just to stick to the tea. With its soothing citrus and mint aroma we can’t guarantee miracle results, but at least we can guarantee it tastes great. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, juniper berries, orange peel. With natural eucalyptus and orange oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Wow, this is a good tea. I wasn’t really expecting it to be good, but it was. It was minty and sweet. I will definitely keep this one in my cupboard for when I have a cold. It can also make a decent evening tea, since it is relaxing and doesn’t contain cafeine. It reminds me of the peppermint tea bags I used to drink when I was younger.

Flavors: Mint, Sweet

I used the new feature on the Davidstea website to pick this as a sample – which is prettynifty. Too bad the rest of the website at this point sucks.

My son picked up a summer cold and passed it onto me. I woke up this morning with quite the sore throat. (maybe I need to stop telling so much at work) debated which tea would be good this morning, aha cold 911!

I opened up and the smell instantly made me believe this was perfect to help my throat! My husband and I love eucalyptus, that’s mostly what sticks out to me in this one.

A little honey and it’s perfection.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Peppermint

1 tsp 4 OZ / 118 ML

Yeah, I love that I can pick samples! They still need to work out the bugs though. And I love this tea too-it’s on my wish list :)

I can’t say this one was on my wishlist but I’m definitely so glad I got it! My throat is thanking me – I might order more today! (Any excuse to place another order…)

To me, it smells like going to the spa. It reminds me of eucalyptus saunas and zen mint eucalyptus warm tea while going into the temperature baths. It’s completely relaxing, soothes, clears your passages and just feels like it’s detoxing you from inside out.

Some people may find this strongly medicinal, whereas, I find it to be super natural and soothing. I absolutely love this tea, will always keep 1 or 2 tins in my cupboard.

I understand this is a tea for one who is sick… but I drank it when I wasn’t and the eucalyptus oil is too much for my throat. Without the eucalyptus this tea might actually be quite pleasant because it has a decent taste.

5 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea is strong, potent and tastes amazing with honey. The only damn tea that will work if you’re dying of a cold/flu. Ever. Always rebuying.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Lemon, Peppermint

Drank this on the weekend while i was sick, actually quite enjoyed this one

Flavors: Apple, Eucalyptus, Orange, Peppermint

Chris Coppens

Cold 911! Sounds like quite the emergency

A giant blast of peppermint, juniper, and menthol.

Although the tea contains other ingredients like apple pieces, they get totally overwhelmed and I didn’t notice their influence on the resulting cup

Great for the sinuses and throat, but it’s pungency means something I would definitely only drink when sick and needing relief

I used 4.1 grams per 12oz mug

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Menthol, Peppermint

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 4 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

Woo, this is potent! Surprisingly delicious for a medicinal tea, it’s helping to clear my head so I can actually taste it. I’m spending this Valentine’s Day trying desperately to stave off the cold that wants to break through. I have had so much green tea with honey and ginger that it’s coming out my ears. So I was happy to remember that I had this sample in my drawer from my last David’s Tea order!

Really liking this cup, it’s my second of the day. The first resteeped pretty well too. I can really taste the eucalyptus oil. I wouldn’t have expected it to go so well with orange and mint but somehow the flavor combination really works. I actually wish I had more of this to drink when I need to clear my head. Definitely something I’ll consider purchasing in the future.

hello Sara,
in my opinion its not good to drink so much ginger.

And the Eucalyptus using inside as a tea BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR TERRIBLE.

To be honest, this stuff tastes terrible. The mix of orange peel and mint reminds me alternately of medicine and a big cup of juice directly after brushing my teeth.

But I’m just so sick today. For some reason, this god-awful concoction does soothe my throat enough that I’ll keep drinking it. For that reason I’ll give it a solid 50. Not something I would ever drink under regular circumstances, but good for those days when I’m an aching, shivering mess with no voice.

Flavors: Medicinal, Menthol, Mint, Orange

4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Hope you feel better! :(

Hope you’re much better soon!

Thank you! With enough tea I’m sure it’ll all be better soon.

This is like drinking a cough drop. I can’t say that I really like it, but it does the trick with this head cold. I can taste it at least, and it does seem to loosen things up a bit.

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I feel the same about that one. Only drink it when I’m sick and feeling sorry for myself.