Cold 911 (organic)

Herbal Tea
Apple, Juniper, Natural Orange Flavor, Peppermint
Eucalyptus, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Orange, Peppermint, Mint, Sweet, Apple, Menthol, Medicinal, Citrus, Earth, Orange Zest, Pine
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Bad colds require great interventions. Take this tea, for example. It’s a deliciously soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries and orange peel. Pretty great, right? If that’s not extreme enough for you, you could try eating raw garlic, or gargling salt water, or inhaling lots of steam. Yeah…we didn’t think so. Probably better just to stick to the tea. With its soothing citrus and mint aroma we can’t guarantee miracle results, but at least we can guarantee it tastes great. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, juniper berries, orange peel. With natural eucalyptus and orange oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I want to say I have tried a sample of this before, but it was so long ago that I don’t remember. Feeling a little blah today and figured it would be a good time to give it another go. It has a nice deep menthol like feel, likely from the eucalyptus. The first cup was okay, but not amazing. The second steeping was getting close to awful. It has this savory taste that makes me think of broth, not tea. It has a weird smell that makes me thing of meat a second before I sip it. I have no idea what the association was about, but it is a bit of a turn off. Mmmmmm meat tea!

Brooklynsheep

Thanks for reviewing this, Dustin! I bet the juniper contributed to the weird smell. I consider juniper a fairly outré choice for an anti-cold herbal tea blend; most herbal medicine references I’ve found consider it a liver detox/anti-fart thing. My favorite tea for fighting a cold is Yogi’s Cold Season, which has a touch of valerian (nicely veiled by high-powered aromatics like clove, ginger, eucalyptus, cinnamon, and black pepper), which makes it a great tea to drink about two hours before bedtime. I find I don’t particularly enjoy it unless I am fighting/do have a cold, however — wouldn’t recommend it for sipping pleasure.

Dustin

I bet you are right about the juniper being the culprit. I can imagine it working well in the turkey soup I’m working on too!
I like the idea of hidden valerian in a bed time tea! I’ll have to keep a look out for that.

Brooklynsheep

Dustin, how did the soup turn out?

Dustin

The soup turned out good, but I wasn’t able to find juniper berries in my cupboard. I could have sworn I had some…
I’ll have to look for some next time I’m spice shopping!

Brooklynsheep

Glad things all worked out well. Happy shopping!

Dustin

Last night I found the juniper berries at the bottom of the pantry behind the shelves. I bought them a while ago and when I finally think of something to use them for, they are hidden. Figures!

So good. It is very soothing and delicious. I don’t know that it actually helps with colds but it tastes so good I drink it when I don’t have a cold!

Made this the other day because I didn’t think I could stomach green tea/didn’t want to overload on caffeine and then be unable to sleep. It wasn’t bad, but all I tasted was mint.

Wow, this is a good tea. I wasn’t really expecting it to be good, but it was. It was minty and sweet. I will definitely keep this one in my cupboard for when I have a cold. It can also make a decent evening tea, since it is relaxing and doesn’t contain cafeine. It reminds me of the peppermint tea bags I used to drink when I was younger.

Flavors: Mint, Sweet

I used the new feature on the Davidstea website to pick this as a sample – which is prettynifty. Too bad the rest of the website at this point sucks.

My son picked up a summer cold and passed it onto me. I woke up this morning with quite the sore throat. (maybe I need to stop telling so much at work) debated which tea would be good this morning, aha cold 911!

I opened up and the smell instantly made me believe this was perfect to help my throat! My husband and I love eucalyptus, that’s mostly what sticks out to me in this one.

A little honey and it’s perfection.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Peppermint

1 tsp 4 OZ / 118 ML
Kristal

Yeah, I love that I can pick samples! They still need to work out the bugs though. And I love this tea too-it’s on my wish list :)

Jessimicka

I can’t say this one was on my wishlist but I’m definitely so glad I got it! My throat is thanking me – I might order more today! (Any excuse to place another order…)

I LOVE THIS TEA.

To me, it smells like going to the spa. It reminds me of eucalyptus saunas and zen mint eucalyptus warm tea while going into the temperature baths. It’s completely relaxing, soothes, clears your passages and just feels like it’s detoxing you from inside out.

Some people may find this strongly medicinal, whereas, I find it to be super natural and soothing. I absolutely love this tea, will always keep 1 or 2 tins in my cupboard.

I understand this is a tea for one who is sick… but I drank it when I wasn’t and the eucalyptus oil is too much for my throat. Without the eucalyptus this tea might actually be quite pleasant because it has a decent taste.

5 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea is strong, potent and tastes amazing with honey. The only damn tea that will work if you’re dying of a cold/flu. Ever. Always rebuying.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Lemon, Peppermint

Drank this on the weekend while i was sick, actually quite enjoyed this one

Flavors: Apple, Eucalyptus, Orange, Peppermint

Chris Coppens

Cold 911! Sounds like quite the emergency

A giant blast of peppermint, juniper, and menthol.

Although the tea contains other ingredients like apple pieces, they get totally overwhelmed and I didn’t notice their influence on the resulting cup

Great for the sinuses and throat, but it’s pungency means something I would definitely only drink when sick and needing relief

I used 4.1 grams per 12oz mug