Pink Flamingo

Herbal Tea
Hibiscus, Lemon, Orange, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by pastelstar

2 Images

• “Very thirst quenching cold brew! In total, an 11 hour steep which yielded a delicious citrus grapefruit juice like drink with a refreshing kickback from all the eucalyptus (I'm reaching the end of...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2059 tasting notes
  • “My overall opinion of this tisane hasn’t really changed since the first time I tried this. Sour citrus and eucalyptus just isn’t a taste I gravitate towards. I do kind of like the light orange...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “Eh, yuck. Last time I tried this, it was a cold-brew that was absolutely awful due to the hibiscus and oversteeping. So I tried a regular hot brew to taste both hot and chill this time. Sadly,...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2354 tasting notes
  • “Given I have not been having the best time with hibiscus today (and yet keep making teas with it), I am surprised to actually enjoy this one. It's quite tart, and I am enjoying that aspect of it...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Florida flashy
Ready for spring break? Try this sweet, citrusy cocktail of oranges, tangerines and lemongrass. It’s got hibiscus and beetroot to turn it a natural shade of hot pink, plus blackberry leaves for a sunny burst of Vitamin C, apple and carrot for extra sweetness, and eucalyptus leaves for kick. Sound irresistible? Try it iced. In a martini glass. With a splash each of cointreau and gin. And a paper umbrella. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Hibiscus blossoms, apple pieces, carrot flakes, blackberry leaves, eucalyptus leaves, lemongrass, beetroot pieces, freeze-dried tangerine/orange slices and artificial flavouring

About DAVIDsTEA View company

First tried this one warm and I have to say that it was a great experience- the mixing of the heat from the water and the cooling sensation that the eucalyptus left in my mouth was refreshing and comforting at the same time.

I’ve never actually made a successful iced tea, however, so it could just be my inexperience that makes me love it warm.

The citrus in this also served as a much more pleasant midwinter pick-me-up than a lemon tea. I found it cleared my head of my sniffles while tasting like a grown-up fruit punch.

This is definitely one of my most favourite teas.

Although it can be a bit strong, if you do just 1 tea spoon for cup and about 3-5minute steep time it comes out a bit weaker and isn’t to overpowered.

I don’t add any sugar to this tea, it’s nice and sweet all on it’s own! With a few sour notes.

If you like other herbal teas, or citrus teas I would highly recommend this. I don’t think you can go wrong!

Almost is a little weird to have this hot. It would be fantastic iced. Totally smells and kinda tastes like pink lemonade… but a healthier alternative. _ Even the picky boyfriend likes it.

first hibiscus tea! and it was hot pink!

Having this right now… The brewed color is amazing. A deep rich red. The dry smell is really nice, I can really smell the lemongrass. First taste… not bad. Its light and refreshing. I think it would be really great cold, but I am not a fan of iced tea. Its okay hot, I don’t mind it at all… yet I don’t think I would buy it again.

I tried Pink Flamingo on a whim and it is pretty amazing. The dry tea smells citrusy and sweet with the last note being a menthol (refreshing) scent. I have had it hot about 3 times and really love it. It isn’t really tangy (maybe a slight zing), but not that prominent. Yes, this would be amazing iced with some agave… But I also enjoy it hot. The carrots add a nice mouth-feel… If you steep it for a while it reminds me of a delicious vitamin C infused broth (some of you are like “yuck”) but its delicious.

Oranges, tangerines, lemongrass, eucalyptus… reeeeeeeefreshing. This is tart but doesn’t taste overly acidic to me, which is a problem that I have with a lot of fruity teas. To say nothing of the hibiscus! Normally, I avoid hibiscus like the plague, but it’s workin’ for me here! All things considered, this tea really reminds me of grapefruit (although, as far as I know, there’s none present here), and grapefruit brings me joy, thus, I’m into this one. Good stuff.

I tried this tea a while ago and was really unimpressed with it. It just tastes sour to me – no depth of flavour at all. Sweetening it didn’t help. I tried blending it with other teas in my cupboard to make it more palatable, but it didn’t help. Ended up getting rid of what we had left. Definitely not a fan of this one.

Wouldn’t buy this one again either.

It’s not for me, but I got my boyfriend to try it and he ended up having 3 glasses of this iced in a row! (the rating is from me)