Pink Flamingo

Herbal Tea
Citrus, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Grapefruit, Orange Zest, Tart, Lemon Zest, Orange, Tangy, Lemon
Edit tea info Last updated by pastelstar

2 Images

• “Very thirst quenching cold brew! In total, an 11 hour steep which yielded a delicious citrus grapefruit juice like drink with a refreshing kickback from all the eucalyptus (I'm reaching the end of...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2265 tasting notes
  • “My overall opinion of this tisane hasn’t really changed since the first time I tried this. Sour citrus and eucalyptus just isn’t a taste I gravitate towards. I do kind of like the light orange...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 352 tasting notes
  • “Eh, yuck. Last time I tried this, it was a cold-brew that was absolutely awful due to the hibiscus and oversteeping. So I tried a regular hot brew to taste both hot and chill this time. Sadly,...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2606 tasting notes
  • “Given I have not been having the best time with hibiscus today (and yet keep making teas with it), I am surprised to actually enjoy this one. It's quite tart, and I am enjoying that aspect of it...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Florida flashy
Ready for spring break? Try this sweet, citrusy cocktail of oranges, tangerines and lemongrass. It’s got hibiscus and beetroot to turn it a natural shade of hot pink, plus blackberry leaves for a sunny burst of Vitamin C, apple and carrot for extra sweetness, and eucalyptus leaves for kick. Sound irresistible? Try it iced. In a martini glass. With a splash each of cointreau and gin. And a paper umbrella. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Hibiscus blossoms, apple pieces, carrot flakes, blackberry leaves, eucalyptus leaves, lemongrass, beetroot pieces, freeze-dried tangerine/orange slices and artificial flavouring

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Got this iced at DAVIDs today. It’s okay…a bit tart because of the hibiscus though. I’m not big on hibiscus so I’m glad I didn’t buy any of the loose tea of it.

Iced 4 min, 30 sec

Day 20 of my do-it-yourself scavenger hunt advent calendar!

I already have Pink Flamingo in a tin in my desk at school, but to also have it at home (even just 2 cups worth) makes it taste different. Heh.

I still really like this one. Definitely not one of my favourites, but I like it a lot. Partially because it’s pink, but mostly because it tastes like a summer’s day. A bit fruity, a bit tart, a bit lemony, a bit grassy, a bit awesome. I’ve tried it iced once and wasn’t a fan, which is weird because I would have thought it was better cold. Alas, I’ll just drink it hot :)

Verdict: have already bought 2x

Had this iced and made the initial brew super strong. I felt like I should had added some cold water to it after, not just iced cubes, cause I found it better when it was watered down a bit. But still good and I will make it again.

Well this sounded great, smelled great, but when i drank it, I was dissapointed in the same way as when drinking forever nuts. The hibuscus just makes it way to strong and bitter regardless of water temp or steep time. I will be a lot more cautious when buying any teas with hibiscus! Therefore, I am witholding a ratin because if you like hibiscus this is great, otherwise it’s a trainwreck.

I made this into ice tea, using the flash chill method. During the hot brewing period I used about 3 tsp’s which just didn’t seem to give enough flavour, even though I steeped for almost 10 minutes, I also added some sugar but not enough. This tea is OK but I probably won’t get this one again.

Boiling 8 min or more

From the Caffeine Free sampler set!

I originally thought this was going to be a lot like Tazo’s Passion, since it’s a hibiscus heavy blend. I happened to have some Passion already brewed up in the fridge, so I did a quick comparison. Where Passion is a bit more of a straightforward tartness, Pink Flamingo has a hint of sweetness to it tasted surprisingly like a grapefruit lemonade. I decided to see how Pink Flamingo would do cold, so I brewed another cup and left it in the fridge overnight. When super cold, the lemongrass really stands out and it almost has a little peppery kick to it. I prefer the fruity notes of the warm version.

This tea has got to be my number one addiction right now.
I do admit, not a fan of this tea as a hot beverage, but iced? Yes please!! I am a tea guide at DavidsTea on a quest to try all the teas on our wall but with Pink Flamingo taunting me every single shift I always cave and make myself a cup.
When hot, I find it can get a little tart due to the over all combination flavours in it. It’s definitely more of a summer tea where you can sit back and make a giant pitcher of this guy. Throwing in a splash of agave in the iced tea brings out more of the citrus and hibiscus flavours in there making it the best summer tea yet! It almost has a grapefruit taste going but also has really sweet notes in it as well. Yum!!

First tried this one warm and I have to say that it was a great experience- the mixing of the heat from the water and the cooling sensation that the eucalyptus left in my mouth was refreshing and comforting at the same time.

I’ve never actually made a successful iced tea, however, so it could just be my inexperience that makes me love it warm.

The citrus in this also served as a much more pleasant midwinter pick-me-up than a lemon tea. I found it cleared my head of my sniffles while tasting like a grown-up fruit punch.

This is definitely one of my most favourite teas.

Although it can be a bit strong, if you do just 1 tea spoon for cup and about 3-5minute steep time it comes out a bit weaker and isn’t to overpowered.

I don’t add any sugar to this tea, it’s nice and sweet all on it’s own! With a few sour notes.

If you like other herbal teas, or citrus teas I would highly recommend this. I don’t think you can go wrong!

Almost is a little weird to have this hot. It would be fantastic iced. Totally smells and kinda tastes like pink lemonade… but a healthier alternative. _ Even the picky boyfriend likes it.