Pink Flamingo

Herbal Tea
Grapefruit, Orange, Tart, Berries, Lemon, Strawberry, Citrus, Citrus Fruits, Citrus Zest, Citrusy, Fruity, Hibiscus, Lime, Pleasantly Sour, Sour, Tangy, Grass, Hay, Lemongrass, Floral, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest, Vegetal, Apple, Berry
Edit tea info Last updated by pastelstar

2 Images

• “Very thirst quenching cold brew! In total, an 11 hour steep which yielded a delicious citrus grapefruit juice like drink with a refreshing kickback from all the eucalyptus (I’m reaching the...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 3741 tasting notes
  • “My overall opinion of this tisane hasn’t really changed since the first time I tried this. Sour citrus and eucalyptus just isn’t a taste I gravitate towards. I do kind of like the light orange...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes
  • “Eh, yuck. Last time I tried this, it was a cold-brew that was absolutely awful due to the hibiscus and oversteeping. So I tried a regular hot brew to taste both hot and chill this time. Sadly,...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3107 tasting notes
  • “Given I have not been having the best time with hibiscus today (and yet keep making teas with it), I am surprised to actually enjoy this one. It’s quite tart, and I am enjoying that aspect of...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1220 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Florida flashy
Ready for spring break? Try this sweet, citrusy cocktail of oranges, tangerines and lemongrass. It’s got hibiscus and beetroot to turn it a natural shade of hot pink, plus blackberry leaves for a sunny burst of Vitamin C, apple and carrot for extra sweetness, and eucalyptus leaves for kick. Sound irresistible? Try it iced. In a martini glass. With a splash each of cointreau and gin. And a paper umbrella. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Hibiscus blossoms, apple pieces, carrot flakes, blackberry leaves, eucalyptus leaves, lemongrass, beetroot pieces, freeze-dried tangerine/orange slices and artificial flavouring

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Bright and summery, not sure if it is part of the sunny citrus-type collection out now. This tea is definitely full of fresh, sour, fruit flavors and would be a problem for those of you who don’t like hibiscus. I was intrigued at the idea of there being carrot and beet in the blend, and thought those flavors were more prevalent in a sort of savory-ness in the smell of the dry leaf. The back end of each sip has more of the apple and tangerine flavors, but the hibiscus takes the lead on flavor. I bet this would be a great power up as an iced tea, but today I am drinking it hot. There is some great novelty in the fact that this tea does brew up hot, flamingo pink. Good choice for the fruity, hibiscus lovers.

Flavors: Apple, Citrus, Fruity, Hibiscus, Lemon, Sour

I’m getting a grapefruit but sweet taste, followed up by a bit of citrus. Not bad at all, but I’m still on the fence about if I would buy it again or not. Perhaps a small amount to have it once in awhile for something different. I’m finding the flavours kind of weak, perhaps a longer steep time but it was roughly 7 minutes so I cant see it getting much stronger.

Flavors: Citrus, Grapefruit

7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
Anlina

If you like grapefruit in a tisane, Secret Garden has a really amazing, intense grapefruit tea.

DAVIDsTEA 24 Days of Tea: Day 4 out of 24

Whew, work has been kicking my butt lately, to the point where I haven’t had time to write some tea reviews. However, it hasn’t been too busy to the point where I can’t drink my teas, so I’m thankful for that. I’m going to catch up on writing reviews for Days 4 and 5, and drink Day 6, 7, and 8 today. Good times. :)

Pink Flamingo smells very fruity, and I was definitely able to tell it was a hibiscus tea from the sour aroma it has upon opening the tin. Lemongrass was unexpected though, and made me quite eager to try out the tea! As I watched the mixture brew, I felt like I had been (jokingly) played: the tea was way beyond pink, almost looking like grape juice (my friend who is also doing the 24DoT amusedly referred to the brew as ‘purple drank tea’). The resulting tea was quaffed hot with no sweetener, which was pleasantly sour and citrusy. The lemongrass notes were fine additions to the blend, I enjoyed those. While good hot, I imagine this tea would really shine as a cold, slightly sweetened iced tea for the summer months. I’ll have to give that a try sometime! All in all, not bad. Not the best tisane ever, but it’s earned a spot on my iced tea list.

Flavors: Citrus, Hibiscus, Lemongrass

Continuing on catching up with my DavidsTea advent calendar.

Dry – Has a citrus and evergreen scent.

Steeped – Grapefruit and floral scent. Lovely dark rosey pink color.

Taste – A nice tartness from the grapefruit. Light hibiscus which is great as I’m not a fan of hibiscus (always seems to oversteep them and then they taste terrible). I did add a tsp of sugar to balance out the tartness after the first few sips. I think I will have to try it iced next.

It is an okay tea. Maybe as a summer iced drink.

Flavors: Grapefruit, Hibiscus, Orange Zest, Tart

This would probably be better iced. It smells like summer.

24 Days of Tea’s Day 4 brought Pink Flamingo, which is a citrusy herbal blend. I’m not sure how I feel about this one. I like the orange, but it’s a little bitter, although I brewed it too long. I might have to sample it again some time to make up my mind.

This tea smells refreshingly like grapefruit. I tried it hot and it was pleasant, and I suspect it would be good iced as well.

Having this with a teaspoon of honey tonight. The honey offsets the tartness of this tea. Much better! Increasing my rating on this one a little.

I am a huge fan of citrus so the tangerine notes of this tea sing for me. Though it is definitely better brewed cold, this tea still works warm, with an overtone of tartness and tang. The lemongrass is subtle, and the beetroot makes it brew a beautiful brilliant pink color, without any earthiness. Although the color is strong, its a weak brew that needs more than a couple minutes to really impart taste, and shouldn’t be rebrewed.

Flavors: Lemongrass, Orange, Tangy, Tart

Iced 8 min or more 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

From Pass the Stash TTB 2

This really wasn’t for me. I had high hopes since there were some good reviews. I made it iced, but the end result was just some tart stuff with an underlying chalky taste, like it was made from a mix.

Cheri