Pink Flamingo

Herbal Tea
Citrus, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Grapefruit, Orange Zest, Tart, Lemon Zest, Orange, Tangy, Lemon
Edit tea info Last updated by pastelstar

2 Images

• “Very thirst quenching cold brew! In total, an 11 hour steep which yielded a delicious citrus grapefruit juice like drink with a refreshing kickback from all the eucalyptus (I'm reaching the end of...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2253 tasting notes
  • “My overall opinion of this tisane hasn’t really changed since the first time I tried this. Sour citrus and eucalyptus just isn’t a taste I gravitate towards. I do kind of like the light orange...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 352 tasting notes
  • “Eh, yuck. Last time I tried this, it was a cold-brew that was absolutely awful due to the hibiscus and oversteeping. So I tried a regular hot brew to taste both hot and chill this time. Sadly,...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2596 tasting notes
  • “Given I have not been having the best time with hibiscus today (and yet keep making teas with it), I am surprised to actually enjoy this one. It's quite tart, and I am enjoying that aspect of it...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Florida flashy
Ready for spring break? Try this sweet, citrusy cocktail of oranges, tangerines and lemongrass. It’s got hibiscus and beetroot to turn it a natural shade of hot pink, plus blackberry leaves for a sunny burst of Vitamin C, apple and carrot for extra sweetness, and eucalyptus leaves for kick. Sound irresistible? Try it iced. In a martini glass. With a splash each of cointreau and gin. And a paper umbrella. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Hibiscus blossoms, apple pieces, carrot flakes, blackberry leaves, eucalyptus leaves, lemongrass, beetroot pieces, freeze-dried tangerine/orange slices and artificial flavouring

About DAVIDsTEA View company

first hibiscus tea! and it was hot pink!

Having this right now… The brewed color is amazing. A deep rich red. The dry smell is really nice, I can really smell the lemongrass. First taste… not bad. Its light and refreshing. I think it would be really great cold, but I am not a fan of iced tea. Its okay hot, I don’t mind it at all… yet I don’t think I would buy it again.

I tried Pink Flamingo on a whim and it is pretty amazing. The dry tea smells citrusy and sweet with the last note being a menthol (refreshing) scent. I have had it hot about 3 times and really love it. It isn’t really tangy (maybe a slight zing), but not that prominent. Yes, this would be amazing iced with some agave… But I also enjoy it hot. The carrots add a nice mouth-feel… If you steep it for a while it reminds me of a delicious vitamin C infused broth (some of you are like “yuck”) but its delicious.

Oranges, tangerines, lemongrass, eucalyptus… reeeeeeeefreshing. This is tart but doesn’t taste overly acidic to me, which is a problem that I have with a lot of fruity teas. To say nothing of the hibiscus! Normally, I avoid hibiscus like the plague, but it’s workin’ for me here! All things considered, this tea really reminds me of grapefruit (although, as far as I know, there’s none present here), and grapefruit brings me joy, thus, I’m into this one. Good stuff.

I tried this tea a while ago and was really unimpressed with it. It just tastes sour to me – no depth of flavour at all. Sweetening it didn’t help. I tried blending it with other teas in my cupboard to make it more palatable, but it didn’t help. Ended up getting rid of what we had left. Definitely not a fan of this one.

Wouldn’t buy this one again either.

It’s not for me, but I got my boyfriend to try it and he ended up having 3 glasses of this iced in a row! (the rating is from me)

This tea is suh-weet! I don’t mind it hot, but I’d rather drink something else. But iced? Yahoo!

It is so delicious, with a great medley of flavours great for an iced drink that is very sweet. If you have kids, I’d say this is a great alternative to sweet drinks loaded with additional sugars. Plus you can always throw in some lemon if you like to taste! I made this in my home (no kids here) where we rarely stock iced tea, and it disappeared in no time! The bright red/pink colour, too, will trick kids into thinking they’re drinking their Kool-aid wannabe stuff. But nooo… It’s tea! So great!

Iced

This tea is almost overwhelmingly pink grapefruit smell when I open up the bag. I couldn’t believe it! I’ve been fighting a headache off and on for the last couple of hours, so I didn’t really know if I should attempt this one but something in me decided I should.
It is lovely! I know I say that a lot about the teas that I try, but that’s such a great way of describing how I feel about it.
Brewed it still has a strong pink grapefruit smell. It also has this rich pink colour that is gorgeous.
Taste… MMMMMMMMM I added sugar. I always add sugar. But it took any major tart flavour that I knew was going to be in there out. It’s now just a nice refreshing citrus-y tea. I bet this one would be nice iced.

Tart and delicious – I like this tea iced or hot