Pink Flamingo

Herbal Tea
Hibiscus, Lemon, Orange, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by pastelstar

2 Images

• “Very thirst quenching cold brew! In total, an 11 hour steep which yielded a delicious citrus grapefruit juice like drink with a refreshing kickback from all the eucalyptus (I'm reaching the end of...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1939 tasting notes
  • “My overall opinion of this tisane hasn’t really changed since the first time I tried this. Sour citrus and eucalyptus just isn’t a taste I gravitate towards. I do kind of like the light orange...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “Eh, yuck. Last time I tried this, it was a cold-brew that was absolutely awful due to the hibiscus and oversteeping. So I tried a regular hot brew to taste both hot and chill this time. Sadly,...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes
  • “Given I have not been having the best time with hibiscus today (and yet keep making teas with it), I am surprised to actually enjoy this one. It's quite tart, and I am enjoying that aspect of it...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Florida flashy
Ready for spring break? Try this sweet, citrusy cocktail of oranges, tangerines and lemongrass. It’s got hibiscus and beetroot to turn it a natural shade of hot pink, plus blackberry leaves for a sunny burst of Vitamin C, apple and carrot for extra sweetness, and eucalyptus leaves for kick. Sound irresistible? Try it iced. In a martini glass. With a splash each of cointreau and gin. And a paper umbrella. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Hibiscus blossoms, apple pieces, carrot flakes, blackberry leaves, eucalyptus leaves, lemongrass, beetroot pieces, freeze-dried tangerine/orange slices and artificial flavouring

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I was expecting this tea to be fruity, but my mom and I both bounced back after smelling the bag. I don’t think we were expecting it to be so invigorating! I can smell the hibiscus, a bit of the orange and lemongrass. The herbal note in the background leaves me a little bit worried, but I’ll sip and see how it goes!

Wow! The first part of the sip is definitely very, very tart. I actually enjoy it because it fades into a kind of tender sweetness and finishes with the eucalyptus. This tea is very flavorful and bright… it makes my mouth wake up and cartwheel around my face… Well, not actually. The cup is simply invigorating.

I don’t think I’d buy more of this tea in the future only because there are others that I like more. I would like to try this iced and possibly sweetened.

Mercuryhime

definitely chill it. I can’t stand sour teas when they are hot. chilled, they are uber refreshing. I don’t know why I said uber.

As much as I am not a fan of hibicus, I got 25g of this to try.
I cold brewed this, and I will be getting more for sure.
The hibiscus actually works well here with the citrus, making a nice grapefruity tea.
It is still too cold here, but spring is soon here, and this will be great when it is warmer out.
I added a bit of stevia on the last sip and it was alright but I actually like this one tart.

Iced

I really didn’t expect to like this. I got this as a sample in my last order and it’s been sitting in my desk drawer ever since. I smelled it a couple of times and I got lots of grapefruit scent… and I’d throw it back in the drawer. But today, I finally committed to it. And wow… I actually love this. I might have added a fair amount of agave nectar to it, but I am getting super sweet ruby red grapefruit and it’s tasty. This might be awesome as an iced tea in the summer.

200 °F / 93 °C

I was going to pass on this one when I went to get the spring teas, but it just smelled SO good that I had to get 10g to try, even though it has the dreaded beetroot.
I was optimistic but once it was brewed it smelled just a bit off to me and when I tasted it, it was just as I feared. Why always with the beetroot?!? Well okay, basically just this one, forever nuts, and sleigh ride, but it always gives me this aftertaste— not even a taste really, more like a feeling— that I’ve been drinking… blood? Like, blood and acid.
So yeah not a big fan, I’ll try icing the remainder of my small bag but I’m not too hopeful about it. :/

Bonnie

I’m sorry you hated this…I steep it really long and sweeten it so it tastes like marmalade. I can’t taste beetroot…I guess I have no beetroot receptors…died in the war I guess. Poor Erin. At least beetroot is not common!

Jessie

Mm, blood and acid!

Bonnie

Soooo funny!

Wow! This tea is AMAZING! And they are not kidding about the pink – it’s almost a crimson. Beautiful! It’s very fruity tasting and has a nice zing of an aftertaste. I’m usually one to sweeten my teas, but generally like to try them at least for a sip without being sweetened, and this doesn’t really need it (although I may still try it, as I find it can bring out some more flavours). I’ll definitely be stocking up on this one! So far I’ve only had it hot, but I imagine it will be even better cold!!

I really wanted a bright citrusy tea to warm up today… it’s so dreary and rainy out. And I just remembered I still have a ton of David’s samples tucked away in a tin, so I pulled this one out to try.

This is tart and bright. It definitely smells citrusy dry, and it begins turning the water a light pinky-purple as soon as it starts to infuse. When it’s done, it’s a fantastically dark red. I can really taste the grapefruit and hibiscus in this.
While it is citrusy and fruity and summery, I’m not a huge fan of it. I think it’d be good iced as a summer treat with a little bit of sugar, but I’m not sure I like it enough to want to buy more than the sample I got for free. It’s okay, but it tastes a little artificial and isn’t really my style.

This is the first tea I’m trying from my Hoppitea package from Fairyfli and my first sample from David’s Teas. The scent of this tea is awesome! Smell just like you opened up a can of Squirt. Brewing produced a dark purple liquor almost grape Koolaid. First tried it hot. Reminds me a bit of Tazo Passion. Mostly due to the hibiscus and lemongrass. Then I threw it over ice with a little honey. Yum!! I think that might be something I could convince my daughter to drink instead of sugary offerings. I would definitely add this one to the permanent collection.

The other day, as I made myself some Passion tea (by Tazo – the teas of Starbucks), I started wondering why DAVIDsTEA hadn’t yet created a similar but better tea, seeing how popular it is. Well, David might have heard my thoughts, because Pink Flamingo is exactly that! It is slightly less acid (but just slightly) and the actual citrus taste is probably a bit bolder. Both list hibiscus as a main ingredient, and both are pink when infused, so I guess that makes sense. Anyway, I’m sure the mentioning of Starbucks and bagged teas will scare away some people, but I’m a big fan of the Passion tea, so to me this is all very positive ;)

Though I steeped it for very long (I always do), I didn’t taste it getting any bitter like some other reviewers did. I actually loved the fact it tasted very strong and lemony… I think this is by far the most lemony tea by DAVIDsTEA I have ever tried, and I did try the Lemon Oolong, the Lemon Cream Pie, the Electric Lemon, and the one from the 2009 winter collection that smelled like lemon sorbet (forget the name…).

Oh, and seeing how good Passion is as an iced tea, I’m sure this will be an instant winner in the summertime, a perfect alternative to the classic pink lemonade… maybe mixed with a bit of black tea, for the kick!

Boiling 8 min or more

I went into the store to try an iced cup of tropicalia but they had just sold out earlier in the day. Boooo. My store never seems to sell out of anything, this one must be gooood! Ugh, this is going to kill my willpower to resist buying the summer collection package, I can feel it. Must stay strong and wait!

But I digress. I ended up getting a cup of iced pink flamingo instead since I’ve heard so much about it on here. I’m not usually huge on overly citrussy teas, or on hibiscus, but I figured I’d give it a go. It’s tasty! Tart and refreshing and really cooling, if that makes sense, in the same way that luscious watermelon is. I asked for just a liiiittle bit of agave in it, as I often do, but I think this one would have been better with a bit more sweetness to cut all of the tart that’s going on.

I don’t think I’d buy this to make at home but I’ll probably have it again in store, if the mood hits.

Mmmm pink flamingo is nice and refreshing. Definitely want to try this one iced next time. It is very citrusy, tastes just like ruby red grapefruit! I read other reviews of this tea saying it was bitter, I definitely didn’t find that. No bitterness at all!!! :) the strong citrus would be great if you had a cold! Found myself feeling sad when I was at the end of my cup. Might have to make some more!