Fantasy Island

Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Rich, dark, sensual

It’s spring again, time to fall in love. So start steeping this tea. Let the black leaves unfurl, the coconut swirl and the heady scent of raspberry sweep you away. You’ll find yourself on a magical island where the sun always shines except, of course, when the moonlight is reflected on the soft waves and some fabulous admirer is whispering in your ear. Then try it iced. It’s even better.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Black tea, coconut, raspberries, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Fantasy Island, the love of my life. This is what heaven tastes like, I’m sure. The creamy sweet taste of coconut combined with slightly fruity notes of raspeberry is totally amazing. Even better iced with some milk. Can’t get enough of it, it’s like a calorie-free desert that makes me feel like I’m getting lost in a summer dream.
Ok I think I’m in love. You’ve gotta try that tea!

Flavors: Coconut, Cream

Fantasy Island! I actually bought this tea on two occasions. The first, it was a hot day, so I bought it iced, and it was nothing to write home about. I didn’t really like it, but it was tolerable, so I drank it. But I decided to give this tea a second chance. On the second occasion, (it was still hot outside) I bought it straight and hot. It actually tasted great!

There is a strong scent of coconut and a slight raspberry sweetness. Kind of exotic!

Had a quick sample of this while I was at David’s today.
At a glance, its a wonderful, warm tea, only a tad spicy.

I felt like I should log it, but I would like to have an entire cup before I can decide if I really like it or not.

I visited David’s Tea last weekend and picked this tea up along with Coconut Grove. After taking a whiff, I was taken in by its sweet aroma. Raspberry and coconut, though, it does smell artificial in both areas. I am a fruit lover, so I would definitely be able tell the difference in tastes. Fortunately, I found it quite exceptional and not overbearing. It’s dark and sensual. It’s a very sexy tea… (laughs) It lives up to its name – Fantasy Island.

I have tried it both warm and cold. I love it as iced. Just to tickle my taste-buds, I added a hint of brown sugar. Very dreamy. It’s almost as good as Love Tea #7 — almost! All in all, an exceptional tea. I’d probably whip it out in the midst of a romantic endeavor.

When I read the description online I thought I would love it, however when I got about 10g from the store it was not what I expected. I thought the raspberries would blend better. I didn’t really get much of a raspberry flavor at all. I don’t know if it was the artificial flavoring but the taste turned me off. I followed the temp and measurement instructions. I wouldn’t buy again. I was hoping it could be another dessert tea to add to my collection. I won’t be buying more…I’ll stick to stormy night when I need my coconut fix. :)

looking at the overall rating for this tea compared to how i rank it i will seem very much a killjoy.

i do not like this tea. the individual ingredients are fine, i like them all. however, although no essence of rum was added, it’s a flavour that i detect quite strongly. even mixing it with another tea (i’ve tried several) doesn’t dilute the rum flavour for me. in fact. instead of diluting the taste of rum, all it did was ruin the taste of the normally excellent teas i tried to combine it with.

hot, cold, varying the steeping time and temperature— nothing improved this tea for me.

the fact that i dislike rum as much as i do did not help i am sure.

I’ve been drinking all sorts of different teas today. I am a little under the weather so I have been trying to keep up my fluid intake to help clear some of the congestion. Anyways I have been trying anything with coconut in it lately and this was a flavour that I decided to get a tin of. I had a couple of cups of this in the morning with honey and a bit of milk :)

So this tea is from Friday January 18. I stopped by David’s Tea and was looking for something new to try. Just like the title suggests, it is a fantasy. The hint of berry and the kind of chocolatey taste was superb. I always love the amazing recommendations I get from the lovely DT staff.

Between the name and the description that David’s Tea gives this stuff, I feel like this tea is coming on to me. Whatever whatever, I wouldn’t say no. Black tea, coconut, and raspberries. This reminds me of a $12 slice of cake from a trendy bakery/café. I’m not even speaking metaphorically here, the café is called Oh So Good, and it’s on York St. in Ottawa, and if you’re ever there, don’t balk. The cake is worth it. And so is the tea.