Fantasy Island

Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Rich, dark, sensual

It’s spring again, time to fall in love. So start steeping this tea. Let the black leaves unfurl, the coconut swirl and the heady scent of raspberry sweep you away. You’ll find yourself on a magical island where the sun always shines except, of course, when the moonlight is reflected on the soft waves and some fabulous admirer is whispering in your ear. Then try it iced. It’s even better.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Black tea, coconut, raspberries, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Not very good at all. It’s artificially sweet, the flavours are the same, and all in all it just tastes terrible.

If I wanted to drink something like that, I’d just drink an artificially flavoured syrup.

I don’t like raspberry teas, and I generally dislike coconut. But you know what? Sometimes two wrongs DO make a right!

Every time I drink this I could SWEAR there was a hint of dark chocolate in there, but it doesn’t appear there IS, so I guess that gives you an idea of how this can taste. It’s sweet, dark, and deep. Really great, I think, for the coffee lover who enjoys sweet things. I’m always surprised by this tea because I really do like it so much – but if I let myself break it down in my mind and separate the flavours so I can taste them distinctly, I’m like, “Bleh!” but then I let them become one once again, and it’s lovely.

Another great tea for the colder months, this one just warms you up from within. Again, I want to say it’s the dark chocolate but THERE IS NONE!

Not naturally a fan of coconut, I gave this a shot after some other staff members recommended it. Delish!

It’s creamy and not too sweet, although has usual oily surface side-effect of coconut teas which can be a little strange.

I picked this tea up just after Christmas having fallen for the intoxicating smell and rich, sweet flavouring. It’s definitely a dessert tea and goes great with a light simple pastry. Great for an indulgent Sunday afternoon.
Sadly I have noticed it’s a really heavy tea, and because of that I can never bring myself to steep a second cup of it. It’s also more of a treat, I don’t think I could drink it regularly. I’ll have to try it with milk and see if that lightens it up a bit.

I used to be in love with this tea, the coconut-raspberry mix beeing just so perfect. My love has faded… It’s like à can’t brew it right anymore, the result always beeing bitter :( It’s the first batch (of last spring). I ordered the last 250g available online to get a big bag on “end of jar” tea. Most of the leaves are broken into small pieces – probably the reason why I can’t find the same perfect taste that my first tin gave me. Maybe I should reduce temp.

So glad they un-discontinued this tea! It’s such a deliciously sweet and coconuty tea. I can’t wait to try it iced…perhaps with some raspberry vodka and mint, or maybe some coconut rum! Perfect summer tea, or anytime tea for that matter.

Very often I find you need to add a little extra tea to get a full bodied David’s tea experience. NOT with this one. In fact, you need to be careful not to oversteep this one. The coconut leaves a nice aftertaste and all the flavours work so nicely together to give you a black tea that doesn’t need milk or sugar.

This tea is really good. The flavour isn’t overpowering, but is definitely there. Perfect with milk, unsweetened. Probably one of the best flavored black teas I’ve ever had.

Starts off with a strong “black tea” flavour and ends with a smooth slight coconut finish. I want to add sugar to it, but will not in case the end note flavour disappears. In my opinion it smells better than it tastes. I gave the rest of the bag away to a friend who loves it.

I bought a sample of this from Davids Tea and within a few days I had already finished all of it. I love raspberries, and the coconut is a nice touch without being too overbearing. It’s a lovely rich black tea that’s suitable for morning or for dessert. Unfortunately, since its a black tea I have to try to stay away from something like this after dinner because of the caffeine.

+ steeped the tea super strong and made a cup half hot almond milk and half tea. Amazing!