Fantasy Island

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Raspberry
Bitter, Coconut, Creamy, Perfume, Raspberry, Soap, Sweet, Toasted, Cream, Tropical, Butter, Berries
Medium
Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Rich, dark, sensual

It’s spring again, time to fall in love. So start steeping this tea. Let the black leaves unfurl, the coconut swirl and the heady scent of raspberry sweep you away. You’ll find yourself on a magical island where the sun always shines except, of course, when the moonlight is reflected on the soft waves and some fabulous admirer is whispering in your ear. Then try it iced. It’s even better.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Black tea, coconut, raspberries, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

looking at the overall rating for this tea compared to how i rank it i will seem very much a killjoy.

i do not like this tea. the individual ingredients are fine, i like them all. however, although no essence of rum was added, it’s a flavour that i detect quite strongly. even mixing it with another tea (i’ve tried several) doesn’t dilute the rum flavour for me. in fact. instead of diluting the taste of rum, all it did was ruin the taste of the normally excellent teas i tried to combine it with.

hot, cold, varying the steeping time and temperature— nothing improved this tea for me.

the fact that i dislike rum as much as i do did not help i am sure.

I’ve been drinking all sorts of different teas today. I am a little under the weather so I have been trying to keep up my fluid intake to help clear some of the congestion. Anyways I have been trying anything with coconut in it lately and this was a flavour that I decided to get a tin of. I had a couple of cups of this in the morning with honey and a bit of milk :)

So this tea is from Friday January 18. I stopped by David’s Tea and was looking for something new to try. Just like the title suggests, it is a fantasy. The hint of berry and the kind of chocolatey taste was superb. I always love the amazing recommendations I get from the lovely DT staff.

Between the name and the description that David’s Tea gives this stuff, I feel like this tea is coming on to me. Whatever whatever, I wouldn’t say no. Black tea, coconut, and raspberries. This reminds me of a $12 slice of cake from a trendy bakery/café. I’m not even speaking metaphorically here, the café is called Oh So Good, and it’s on York St. in Ottawa, and if you’re ever there, don’t balk. The cake is worth it. And so is the tea.

Not very good at all. It’s artificially sweet, the flavours are the same, and all in all it just tastes terrible.

If I wanted to drink something like that, I’d just drink an artificially flavoured syrup.

I don’t like raspberry teas, and I generally dislike coconut. But you know what? Sometimes two wrongs DO make a right!

Every time I drink this I could SWEAR there was a hint of dark chocolate in there, but it doesn’t appear there IS, so I guess that gives you an idea of how this can taste. It’s sweet, dark, and deep. Really great, I think, for the coffee lover who enjoys sweet things. I’m always surprised by this tea because I really do like it so much – but if I let myself break it down in my mind and separate the flavours so I can taste them distinctly, I’m like, “Bleh!” but then I let them become one once again, and it’s lovely.

Another great tea for the colder months, this one just warms you up from within. Again, I want to say it’s the dark chocolate but THERE IS NONE!

Not naturally a fan of coconut, I gave this a shot after some other staff members recommended it. Delish!

It’s creamy and not too sweet, although has usual oily surface side-effect of coconut teas which can be a little strange.

I picked this tea up just after Christmas having fallen for the intoxicating smell and rich, sweet flavouring. It’s definitely a dessert tea and goes great with a light simple pastry. Great for an indulgent Sunday afternoon.
Sadly I have noticed it’s a really heavy tea, and because of that I can never bring myself to steep a second cup of it. It’s also more of a treat, I don’t think I could drink it regularly. I’ll have to try it with milk and see if that lightens it up a bit.

I used to be in love with this tea, the coconut-raspberry mix beeing just so perfect. My love has faded… It’s like à can’t brew it right anymore, the result always beeing bitter :( It’s the first batch (of last spring). I ordered the last 250g available online to get a big bag on “end of jar” tea. Most of the leaves are broken into small pieces – probably the reason why I can’t find the same perfect taste that my first tin gave me. Maybe I should reduce temp.