Fantasy Island

Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Rich, dark, sensual

It’s spring again, time to fall in love. So start steeping this tea. Let the black leaves unfurl, the coconut swirl and the heady scent of raspberry sweep you away. You’ll find yourself on a magical island where the sun always shines except, of course, when the moonlight is reflected on the soft waves and some fabulous admirer is whispering in your ear. Then try it iced. It’s even better.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Black tea, coconut, raspberries, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea is really good. The flavour isn’t overpowering, but is definitely there. Perfect with milk, unsweetened. Probably one of the best flavored black teas I’ve ever had.

Starts off with a strong “black tea” flavour and ends with a smooth slight coconut finish. I want to add sugar to it, but will not in case the end note flavour disappears. In my opinion it smells better than it tastes. I gave the rest of the bag away to a friend who loves it.

I bought a sample of this from Davids Tea and within a few days I had already finished all of it. I love raspberries, and the coconut is a nice touch without being too overbearing. It’s a lovely rich black tea that’s suitable for morning or for dessert. Unfortunately, since its a black tea I have to try to stay away from something like this after dinner because of the caffeine.

+ steeped the tea super strong and made a cup half hot almond milk and half tea. Amazing!

Awesomely delicious. My favourite so far. The smell is quite heavenly and the taste is amazing.

I love this one, it is exactly as promised. The coconut and raspberry make me feel like I’m laying out on the beach without the stress of the UV rays LOL. A real treat. I tried it with some coconut sugar and it was very decadent, I don’t usually sweeten but I think if I iced it with the coconut sugar it would be wonderful. I prefer this one hot.

Really liked this one. Sweet tea if you like coconut.

So excited to go to the Westboro store and get this tea today since it is no longer available online. My first sip I was overwhelmed by the coconut which is not one of my favourite things. After it had cooled a little the chocolate and raspberry really came out and I am enjoying it alot more. I will likely try it again tomorrow with milk and see if that changes anything.

Still dissapointed this is a limited edition tea. Hope they bring it back next spring.

I really like this tea. But I use half the amount of tea and steep exactly 4 min, not longer, because it’s a quite strong tea itself. If you didn’t like it, you should make it really weak and you may like it.

Before I get into the flavour profile of the tea, I’ll make a remark about the colours; the pretty pink speckles (which I can only assume are dried bits of raspberry) against the backdrop of dark brown and white make this tea look a bit like art.
Fantasy Island is a black tea and while you may not expect a black tea to taste good iced, that’s actually what the package recommends! And it delivers, too. None of the components come across as too strong, surprisingly. There’s a hint of raspberry and a punch of coconut, but they’re really just sitting backstage in comparison to the actual black tea flavour, which is prevalent but not overwhelming.

One thing I don’t like about this tea is how lightning fast it goes bitter. Be sure to babysit or you’ll have a very bitter cup of tea.

Raspberry and coconut make a surprisingly good mix.