Fantasy Island

Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Rich, dark, sensual

It’s spring again, time to fall in love. So start steeping this tea. Let the black leaves unfurl, the coconut swirl and the heady scent of raspberry sweep you away. You’ll find yourself on a magical island where the sun always shines except, of course, when the moonlight is reflected on the soft waves and some fabulous admirer is whispering in your ear. Then try it iced. It’s even better.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Black tea, coconut, raspberries, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Holy Hannah banana this smells amazing. It’s making my stomach grumble and want food just smelling it. This is a dangerous tea =\
Dry: Chocolate covered raspberries…with a hint of cream. Mmm so yummy smelling. Nice pieces of coconut and raspberries. Eee! =)
Liquor: Strong black tea. Awh maybe 4 minutes was too much. Slightly bitter, but I can taste the raspberry and coconut. It’s nice, but I still think I messed up the steeping time. Boo =(

katgolik

Yeah be VERY careful with this tea..

I steep about 4

and I use a shallow david’s tea spoon and it turns out perfect now…

basically use less and steep shorter until you find the perfect match

Lynne-tea

I will have to try that out. The smell is so amazing I want to love it and crawl into the bag but with that steep I definitely wont be. Round two coming up

Fjellrev

Ooh, raspberry and coconut sounds like a splendid combination.

I’ll be honest, I wasn’t expecting much.

Coconut, raspberry black. Meh. I can imagine.

But wow. The dry smell is POW, a punch, right in the kisser! The tea itself smells just as strong, like this awesome raspberry coconut confection… decadent and .. wow. Took my breath away haha.

Love! Can’t wait to try it iced!

Faith

Maybe I’ll have to try it again, the first time I had it brewed in store… atrocious!

DaisyChubb

Ah fair enough! I have a feeling this black can be oversteeped VERY easily, even in my 3 minute, less than boiling steep it was a bit bitter – I have enough for one more cup (I’ll try 2 mins) and a cold steep, so I’ll let you know if the tea redeems itself enough!

I unearthed this ancient sample from my stash – I have no idea why I didn’t try drinking it before now. I believe this was one of their spring teas and it also looks to have been discontinued but maybe they’ll bring it back.

This isn’t quite as terrible as I was fearing it would be. I actually like the raspberry here in this blend but I don’t think the coconut goes so well with it. Kind of sickly sweet somehow & might be better iced. I guess I haven’t been missing much. :-/

Dorothy

It’s now a permanent tea since winning a voting contest to bring back old teas.

ScottTeaMan

Amy, don’t you normally like raspberry flavoring in teas??

TeaBrat

@Dorothy – well I would not have voted for it that’s for sure!

@Scott- it was just the raspberry coconut combo I did not really care for

1 tbsp for 375 ml

Slight creaminess. Black tea astringency. Artificial-tasting raspberry flavour. Coconut taste slightly overwhelms the blend.

Trying out one of my new teas this morning while I get my butt in gear to go to the Farmer’s Market.

I really like this. Dry, it smells heavenly. All raspberry and coconutty. I decided to try it with just a tiny bit of some rock cane sugar I suckered myself into buying, and no milk even though I always put milk in my black teas. It’s quite yummy. I get way more coconut that raspberry though. Maybe if I did put a smidgen of milk the raspberry would come out. I like whatever the tea base is. At 4 minutes, I don’t get any of the bitterness that I worry about when I drink black tea.

I suspect I would drink this a lot if I didn’t limit my black teas to the morning. Well that, and the fact I have a lot of black teas to get through :)

Edit: I did a second steeping after I got home from the market. (By the way, it’s not supposed to be this chilly when it’s only September 1st. Just saying.) Steeped 5 minutes, little bit of the rock cane sugar, no milk: it tastes just as yummy as the first steeping.

I couldn’t place the scent of the brewed tea earlier. I took more time to think about it this time. It reminds me of the early morning in a tropical country (for me, that would be the Philippines or Vietnam). The scent of the tea is like the woody scent of the trees in that hot, muggy morning mist.

This smells amaaazing and it’s pretty good! I love coconut and it’s super tasty with raspberry. It’s a bit snappish, gonna steep it a bit less next time.

Cavocorax

Mmm. This sounds good.Apparently I love coconut teas.

Ozli

Coconut is IRRESISTIBLE.

So I bought this in Aug as one of my birthday gifts and I just got around to opening and trying it! man I wish I had not waited!!!! This one is SOOO good I defiantly can taste the coconut and the scent of raspberry is there oh soo sweet and delicious I finished the cup in bed while Amber my BFF chatted away about her day with her children lol. Just a wonderful Cup to whisk you away!

KeenTeaThyme

This takes me back to a year ago when I was just discovering the extreme awesomeness of David’s Tea. I never purchased the full size of this though! Oh well. Guess I’ll have to place an order. What a chore. ;)

So I thought I’d try a cup of this since Heather Martin and a few others rec’d it as a good dessert-ish tea from DAVIDsTEA, and it is! I bought 20g of it to toss into a swap, but I stole a cup out just to make sure I wasn’t sending anything terrible off.

And I’m not. This is good! It’s not the BEST coconut fruity tea I’ve had but it really makes me wish I had mix to put in this, and I don’t (rarely) drink. So, that’s something.

Hopefully I will have better luck with this one. I’ve picked a few duds today but I’m not letting it put me off.

Once steeped I can smell creamy vanilla and sour fruit. Flavour is sweet, sour and berried with a malted, smoky and dark black tea base. No idea why it’s called Fantasy Island because that is the last thing I think of whilst drinking it, instead it’s more raspberry icing cake or sour berry sponge.

With added sugar it brings out the cake like quality and vanilla a lot more. It’s not great but neither is it terrible. I wouldn’t buy this tea in but could drink it again.

So I haven’t been logging much recently, because of the stress of my thesis, and PhD applications, and then being sick as well.

I have, of course, been drinking tea by the gallon to get through it, and Fantasy Island has become my absolute favourite. I think I might be addicted to it (obviously I’m addicted to tea, but my love for this specific one seems unparalleled).

Its just so delicious smooth, and dark, with the lovely hint of raspberries. Delicious. Now I’m going to fill my Timolino and enjoy this tea on my commute to school today.

Indigobloom

good luck on your applications!

licious

Thanks! Its the last push to get them done, and then the agonizing waiting….