Fantasy Island

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Raspberry
Coconut, Dark Chocolate, Raspberry, Bitter, Creamy, Perfume, Soap, Sweet, Toasted, Cream, Tropical, Butter, Berries
Medium
Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Rich, dark, sensual

It’s spring again, time to fall in love. So start steeping this tea. Let the black leaves unfurl, the coconut swirl and the heady scent of raspberry sweep you away. You’ll find yourself on a magical island where the sun always shines except, of course, when the moonlight is reflected on the soft waves and some fabulous admirer is whispering in your ear. Then try it iced. It’s even better.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Black tea, coconut, raspberries, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This one is raspberry and coconut with a darkish black base. It resteeps well, and really makes a great dessert tea. I am not sure it is one I could drink frequently, but it is definitely a treat! Thank you to ladykittykat for an awesome swap!

I am onto my third? sample of David’s Tea. All I have to say is that I am jealous of my Canadian tea drinker friends. I think David’s has great quality from all that I have had a chance to try thus far. And for some of you, you can visit the shop! I am still trying to get to a shop that does not start with ‘T’. I have a feeling, that if I were able to shop for tea in person, I would be drowning in tea, rather than just swimming in it!

aisling of tea

It wasn’t until I started swapping that I realized how lucky I am to be able to visit a DavidsTea any time I please. I’ve tried quite a few other companies by now, but DavidsTea still remains the best, IMHO.

And yay swaps! Let me know if there’s anything else you want to try! .

Uniquity

No worries…there are always those of us in the Great White North who will help a fellow David’s Tea lover out. I didn’t realize how lucky I was to have two in my neighbourhood until I learned that you need $50 to make free shipping. Of course, that’s all too easy to do but I LOVE to smell their teas!

QuiltGuppy

I just received a package from DavidsTea today. It’s really quick! The $50/free shipping applies to the USA, too. :)

SimplyJenW

QuiltGuppy- I knew that about David’s, but sometimes it is hard to jump in for $50 if you don’t know what you are getting. That is why I so appreciate those that have swapped David’s samples with me…. I will order at some point for sure, now that I know it is worth it!

QuiltGuppy

Believe me, I know nothing is more disappointing than ordering a bag of tea that I don’t like. (I wish they had samples.) However, it also gives ammunition for swapping. I have several of the teas from there, too, so if there’s something you want to try, I may have it!

I really wish this tea was doing it for me this morning but for whatever reason my stomach is upset today and the raspberry in this is making it worse :( Looks like I’ll be sipping some ginger tea today… Still a good cup though taste wise, I’m getting the coconut first, nice and creamy, and then the raspberry comes and gives it a pop.

keychange

I love this tea also. I hope your stomach feels better soon.

lindsayb

thanks!

TheTeaFairy

Go away, nasty stomach ache!

I had such great luck with this tea today! Sometimes, I find that, if I don’t watch this tea, it tends to get a little astringent on me. Today, I got my water to the right temp, tossed in a little sugar, steeped it for just a few minutes, and voila! All the raspberry, coconutty goodness smell of these leaves promises. It was sweet, and had the bright, tart notes of the raspberry balanced by the the smooth earthiness of the coconut. I think the flavour this tea delivers when I make it right it truly worth how fiddly it can be to brew.

I’ve kinda chosen to make this my spring black this year because 1) Pom Power isn’t really better with milk, and I love my morning latte 2) Most of Davids spring collection seems to be geared towards icing. But I really like this one! It goes with the coconut heavy-ness of the collection. SO I am enjoying a cup of it this morning and will probably get a tin soon :)

TEAGASM..
Speechless..

sexy,sweet,dark,fruity,sensual and even a little dusky it tastes so expensive like good cashmere or gold flaked vodka.

I remember to only put in a shallow tea spoon and steeped the shortest recommended time..it is perfect!This tea can get really bitter if even the slightest change happens in your preparation routine.

rule of thumb (I’M SOOOO TIRED OF REPEATING THIS)with DT’s Black teas with the exception of Buttered Rum and a Glitter and Gold…ALWAYS put in half the recommended amount and steep for the shortest time recommended.THEN experiment but don’t base the rating on this tea for your first bitter taste GET IN YOUR CUPBOARD AND DO IT RIGHT…and I promise you it will be the fantasy and escape it was meant to be.

Verdict (very biased)

Reminds me of : silk and lace,a perfectly velvety starless night,slow kisses after eating coconut cake and abandoned beaches where we go skinny-dipping.

Perfect for : Sophisticated gatherings,porcelain tea cups,Icing,when you are in lingerie after a tryst, comfy beds with canopies and pretty much in any castle.It is THAT fancy! Ideal for people who are aristocratic and people who like to get spoiled,gold-diggers and women of means..(you know it’s a good tea when you get full of crazy notions)Also perfect for writers looking for inspiration…a muse if you will.

Last thoughts: It is perfect when you make it perfectly and I so do love it but it is a bit of a pain in the ass.You never know when the bitterness will appear and so it’s a bit of a crap shoot..when made right and the stars are aligned this is one of DT’s BEST teas but when it’s not it tastes like expensive mud.I would love to give this a 100 but I can’t justify it since making it is so finnicky that it is more usual for me to pick something else then my 100 grams of it.I’ll go as high as ethically possible.

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

TEAGASM
best word evar!

I used up the rest of this sample today — yay for making room in the (overflowing) tea cabinet (that I keep adding to, despite my best attempts at whittling it down some). This isn’t a bad tea … just forgettable. Reading the reviews, I was expecting something sweeter and fruiter and I taste something bland. Not bad, but not restocking.

I have had this tea on my shopping list for quite some time now. Coconut and raspberry are two of my favorite flavors, but I was skeptical for how they would do combined. Nevertheless, MissB generously contributed some of this tea in our tea swap so I finally received the chance to give it a go.

Oh my goodness, this tea is amazing!!! Seriously, I am totally in love. Creamy, lush coconut combined with tangy, sweet raspberries, and a smooth black base makes for an absolutely sensational sipping experience. I can’t believe I waited this long to try this!! Yum!

VariaTEA

I tried this tea a while back as an iced latte and that was good. A couple days ago I had it just as a normal tea and as you said, it was AMAZING!! One of my favorites for sure.

MissB

Yay! So happy to hear that you love it. :)

This tea smells good enough to eat and for once the flavour isn’t a letdown in comparison. It really is decadent and dessert-like making me think of raspberry truffles or something similar – despite there being none in the ingredient list I’m getting a distinctly chocolatey flavour from the tea. The raspberry is sweet and fruity almost more like a raspberry syrup than just the straight berries and the coconut gives the tea a great exotic vibe. Raspberry and coconut aren’t flavours I’d automatically see as going together, but man do they work well in this case.

Well today I made a quick trip to DavidsTea (even though I told myself I had to study and couldn’t go until I was finished writing exams). They didn’t have a lot of what I was looking for today but they had me smell Fantasy Island, which I could’ve swore I already had in my cupboard. Regardless I picked up a small package of it. Of course I just went to brew some up – low and behold, there is another package in my cupboard!

It’s just steeping away now. Hmm, halfway through this mug I’m not completely sold. It smells so great dry (my other half said the scent reminded him of Dominican) and pretty darn good steeped but…the taste doesn’t match the smell. Every time I take a sip the smell hits my nose first and I feel like I’m on a tropical island, but once it hits my mouth – not so much. It seems a little lacking in flavour. I will have to try some cold before I give this one a rating.

Update: Yesterday I tried Fantasy Island and wasn’t over the moon about it. I’m just boiling the kettle now, and I’ll steep it a little longer (I tried 4 minutes yesterday) to try it as an iced tea. I’ll put an update once it’s nice and cold!

Update: Well I much prefer it as a cold/iced tea. Still more to the smell than the taste but a definite improvement over yesterday’s hot version!

Made a big jug of this iced and am very much enjoying it! Well, I should say I’m drinking it lukewarm because I keep getting out cups of it and forgetting about it >.<

It is still delicious, but it’s not the end-all, be-all tea I used to think it was. It was a fantastic add to our collection, but when our supply is gone, I can’t say that I’ll be completely heartbroken like I thought I would be. I might just put this one away until winter….I seem to appreciate it more then.

Iced