Fantasy Island

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Raspberry
Bitter, Coconut, Creamy, Perfume, Raspberry, Soap, Sweet, Toasted, Cream, Tropical, Butter, Berries
Medium
Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Rich, dark, sensual

It’s spring again, time to fall in love. So start steeping this tea. Let the black leaves unfurl, the coconut swirl and the heady scent of raspberry sweep you away. You’ll find yourself on a magical island where the sun always shines except, of course, when the moonlight is reflected on the soft waves and some fabulous admirer is whispering in your ear. Then try it iced. It’s even better.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Black tea, coconut, raspberries, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

On smell, I would easily give it a 90, but on taste I can’t. It could be because I don’t really care for black tea or I did something wrong, but I found the overwhelming taste to be bitter. I didn’t really taste the coconut or the raspberry. Will have to try again to give a fair assessment, but after first try, I really do not care for this tea…

Kittenna

Exactly my impression of it. Didn’t like it the second time either. Same story with Love Tea #7…

vegatea

Mine was so bitter that I felt like puking

ClaymoreChick

I thought the same initially, but it turns out that I had oversteeped a bit. Also, nice tam, frosh :)

I’m so glad I bought this one, It’s definitely a new favourite. This makes me feel like I’m on a beach, right smack dab in the middle of winter. It’s a warm black tea laced with coconut and accented with raspberries (though it’s not at all tart, but more floral). I can see this being really good in the summer chilled. Fabulous tea to try if you’ve never had a davids before.

Lovely! this is a lovely tea. but for some reason I’m not all over it. Why?!?
It has all the criteria for me to go gaga but I’m just not? Maybe I wasn’t in the right mood. Hmmm.
I love coconut, I looooove it! and sometimes it bothers me in a tea, especially when there are whole pieces. (I am fine with the oil, I think)
It didn’t set anything off for me though, thankfully, which I was worried about.
The black base is light, almost airy, and it mixes really well with the coconut. I didn’t add anything at all and it was very sweet on it’s own.
For my second steep, I added some milk. A little too much I think. My arm was nudged by a coworker passing by and I tipped in more than intended. Oh well. It was very tasty both with and without the “lait”.
You know what… it reminds me of my Coconut Oolong that I heart so very much, only it has less depth. The second steep was also rather weak, I kept that bag in until the cup was gone.
In another way, it reminds me of Love tea #7 (I think that’s what it’s called? I can’t remember now). It’s one of my faves…
So of course, if I had to choose between the two, I’d def go with the love tea. Yes that must be why I’m having trouble identifying! between those two other teas, this one just falls short.
That said, if you like coconuts and hate oolongs, this will be the tea for you :)

Ok so my teeth hurt like hell. I went to the dentist on Tuesday and it was my first time having “white fillings”. Apparently, those hurt way more than the old ones I had. I’ve been told the pain could last for about a month. WHAT!? Gosh. I hope they are wrong because it’s been horrible so far. Every time I eat anything it hurts, and it’s very sensitive to cold and hot… So drinking tea is way less enjoyable. I hate dentists.

Anyway… I like this tea, but I’m still a bit disappointed every time I drink it. I was hoping for more raspberry and less coconut, instead I got lots and lots of coco and not much raspberry. Oh, well. It’s still good, but I rarely crave it. I think I need more fruity options in my cupboard !

What I like a lot about this tea though is the creaminess. I bet it would make an amazing iced tea but with all the snow and the cold up here I really don’t feel like drinking cold beverages. I’m waiting for spring :)

Yvonne

Ouch! :( Dentists are no fun. I wish you lots of pain meds and tea to help you through :(

Roswell Strange

I feel you on the tooth pain – just got back from the dentist myself, and things aren’t looking like they’re going my way…

Meliboum

Tooth pain is the worst :( I hope things get better for you too Roswell Strange… what’s the problem with your teeth ?

I ventured out into the Boxing Week fray with my 2-year-old, to check out the deals and see if my local DAVIDsTEA still had anything left of their 50% off sale. My store was pretty scant, with all the good stuff like the Christmas crackers and ornaments gone, so I picked up a washi paper covered tin, some of those $1 tea samples (now 50 cents!) and 10g of Fantasy Island, just because.

I drink probably 2-4 cups of tea a day, starting with a straight black in the morning and working my way down the caffeine scale as the day wears on (this pregnancy has made me highly sensitive to caffeine, whereas my husband can drink coffee after 9pm and still sleep like a baby, go figure!). Pregnancy brain makes me forget things, though, like if I’ve already brewed a cup of tea or not. On occasion my husband has come home from work to find a half-drank cup on the counter and another on the window seat. I blame baby boy… he’s making me forget more than tea!

I digress. I brewed myself up a cuppa this, then actually sat down and drank most of it! Only to have my little girl descend upon me, decide that Fantasy Island is now her new favourite tea, and DRINK THE REST when I wasn’t looking! Little rascal. She then had the audacity to ask for more! So, I resteeped the leaves and shared that—very flavourful—cup with her too.

Looks like this tea (with the addition of a little milk + sugar) has the toddler stamp of approval, and it doesn’t get much better than that!

Still a fave. Had the last of this today. I pre bagged it for our trip to Vancouver yesterday to see Kraftwerk. I had this and Movie Night. FTR, my entire travel bag smelled like Movie Night even though it was in a tea bag wrapped in plastic wrap in a ziploc bag with the Fantasy Island.

Anyway, sad sipdown for this one, but I will get more soon. Love that it is a little more coconut than raspberry, but still there is a little fruit in the mix.

WOW oh WOW! This is soooooo good! So this is my second Davids Tea and this is so amazing! When you open up the package it smells like a Raspberry Twinkie (the pink one with coconut on it). I brewed it for 5 min. and it was perfect.

The smell was still like a raspberry coconut treat, and I was hoping the taste would be just as good as the smell. Boy was I not disappointed, it was wonderful and it just took me away. I had a spicy lunch and was wanting something sweet and this cured my craving. I am going to have order more of this for sure! This is great if you like dessert teas you will not be disappointed!

SimplyJenW

Dang! I am waiting for my swap samples and then I am gonna have to order!

Fairyfli

Heehee… sorry for helping your addiction! If you want some I could send you some though!

SimplyJenW

I think I have some coming…..but I may not know for a week or two.

Backlogging – I really like this tea. It is very hard to explain though. It’s coconutty and slightly fruity. I am always worried about any raspberry flavors in tea (never works for me), but I go this one because of all of the awesome reviews. It definitely does not disappoint. One thing I have noticed about DavidsTeas (which I like) is that the flavors are more prominent that the tea base. So if you are looking for a tea with some flavors, then DavidsTea flavors are not for you. If you are looking for flavors with some tea, then this is perfect. I’m really digging DavidsTea… can you tell?

I originally bought this tea for my husband, because he takes blended black tea to work. ( He only has access to boiling water) But this tea has really grown on me. I find it funny that this is in their spring collection. It tastes so “heavy” and I don’t associate any flavors with spring in particular.

One thing I noticed is that after about 2 minutes of steeping, it gets a little bitter. I think this actually adds something positive to the drinking experience. Fantasy Island kind of reminds me of eating dark chocolate w/ raspberries. I’m surprised that this doesn’t include chocolate of some sort, because it would totally fit in. However I’m not a big fan of chocolate or candy in my tea, so I’m glad this blend does without it.

Not my favorite blended black tea, but I will probably refill my DAVIDsTEA canister at least once. I’ve enjoyed steeping this twice, my husband still enjoys it on the third one.

On second steep, I really like this tea! I used the 1.5 tsp in a small teapot and let it steep a little bit longer and it came out perfect – not as strong as the first time. The raspberry is definitely there and comes out as the tea cools. The smell of raspberry also hits you nicely when you smell the tea before sipping. This yummy rich tropical tea warms me up and makes me think of the beach – perfect.