Fantasy Island

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Raspberry
Coconut, Creamy, Raspberry, Bitter, Burnt, Perfume, Butter, Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Soap, Sweet, Toasted, Cream, Tropical, Berries
Medium
Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Rich, dark, sensual

It’s spring again, time to fall in love. So start steeping this tea. Let the black leaves unfurl, the coconut swirl and the heady scent of raspberry sweep you away. You’ll find yourself on a magical island where the sun always shines except, of course, when the moonlight is reflected on the soft waves and some fabulous admirer is whispering in your ear. Then try it iced. It’s even better.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Black tea, coconut, raspberries, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I was so so bitter when this won the Back from the Dead contest. I wasn’t a fan when it was first on the wall, and it was nowhere even in my top eight. But it is now permanent, and so we gave it another shot.

It isn’t bad. I find its a pretty basic darker black with raspberry notes and coconut. I didn’t dislike the cup, and I did finish it, but it wasn’t memorable for me. I have a great raspberry black from T2, and I suspect I’ll reach for it before I reach for this one again. I do agree though that David’s needs more raspberry on their wall!

Bah! The coconut in this tea is WAY to strong for my taste, and the raspberry battled with the other flavours instead of blending. I really don’t understand the fuss surrounding this tea…

I was so excited to try this tea after reading the description, but when it arrived my first though was blech! The smell is too strong for me, and it reminds me of artificial raspberry flavouring (I love fresh raspberries but most things that are raspberry flavoured are not my favourite). The smell wasn’t as strong once I steeped it, but I still had a hard time detecting the coconut and it was very disappointing. I’ve been keeping the tea for my mother, who hopefully will enjoy it more than I did.

delicious tea with lots of sweet flavours and is absolutely divine with just a TAD of sugar to boost the flavours, and milk to add creamyness. <3

I love you, raspberry coconut flavours <3 :)

First off, I CANNOT believe that David’s actually discontinued this tea. At first at thought it may have been because it was so similar to Buttered Rum, but alas, they’ve gone and discontinued that one too. But, I digress. The dry leaf smell for this is heavenly, I wasn’t sure how much I would like the mixture of coconut and raspberry but it works really well.

Steeped, the aroma of the black base of the tea comes to the front for me followed by the raspberry. Despite being quite prominent in the dry leaf smell, the coconut seems to have taken a backseat. In terms of actual taste, I think that this tea is excellent. The overall balance of the flavours is spot-on. The black tea is a perfect base with light accents of the coconut and some raspberry on the aftertaste.

I’m sad that David’s has discontinued this tea because I would have like to at least stock up on it, but it was discontinued when I was new to David’s and didn’t know that they permanently discontinued teas. Maybe one day it will be brought back, but until then all I can do is savor this last cup.

This is another coconut tea I don’t mind because of the delicious raspberry underneath. It’s nice and rich, with coconut entering first and then the sweet raspberry coming second, which is what I like about this tea. It’s a comforting black tea enjoyed hot. I’m also getting a nice creamy taste to this. (I HATE this iced. Don’t know why.) Though I don’t like coconut, it sure blends well with raspberry.

Flavors: Coconut, Creamy, Raspberry

This was one of my favorites. Boo on DT for discontinuing this one. I wish I had know, I would have stocked up.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea was pretty good hot or iced.

Found a bit of this leaf to enjoy today. It is not the deliciousness that it once was, but it was still an enjoyable cup.

(I did have a bit of this that had gone off. I sincerely hope that I had tossed that bit into the bin so that it doesn’t reemerge.)

This cup hinted at liquorice after the coconut, faint raspberry, and chocolate happening. Wonder what is up with that.

This was not what I was expecting.
I thought that Fantasy Island would be a tropical tea, more in the mode of Lupicia’s Happiness (though this is black , not green), or one of the Harney tropical flavors.
This was not what I was expecting at all.
This tea is much warmer and roast-yer than I would have expected. The coconut makes it feels toasty, and I’m not getting any of the raspberry that is promised in the flavor profile.
Still, to my own surprise, I’ve really enjoyed this sample! Why did I delay drinking it so long? Many thanks to Ost, because I surely was not going to buy this tea on my own, but its been a pleasant visitor in the cupboard.