Fantasy Island

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Raspberry
Bitter, Burnt, Coconut, Perfume, Butter, Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Raspberry, Creamy, Soap, Sweet, Toasted, Cream, Tropical, Berries
Medium
Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Rich, dark, sensual

It’s spring again, time to fall in love. So start steeping this tea. Let the black leaves unfurl, the coconut swirl and the heady scent of raspberry sweep you away. You’ll find yourself on a magical island where the sun always shines except, of course, when the moonlight is reflected on the soft waves and some fabulous admirer is whispering in your ear. Then try it iced. It’s even better.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Black tea, coconut, raspberries, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Well, for a rainy day pick-me-up, I’m not as impressed as I want to be. It should be simple: I love black tea, I love raspberries, and I love coconut. A match set up for success, right? Meh. Don’t get me wrong, I did like it… but I didn’t love it. I think the loophole might be how they use tiny freeze-dried pieces of raspberry, when perhaps I was expecting a stronger raspberry flavour…. and a stronger coconut one too. Maybe it would be more amazing if they used bigger pieces of raspberry and the slices of coconut they use in Alpine Punch. However, this tea’s subtleness is overall pleasant. I just feel a more rich flavour would make it even better.

I was so so bitter when this won the Back from the Dead contest. I wasn’t a fan when it was first on the wall, and it was nowhere even in my top eight. But it is now permanent, and so we gave it another shot.

It isn’t bad. I find its a pretty basic darker black with raspberry notes and coconut. I didn’t dislike the cup, and I did finish it, but it wasn’t memorable for me. I have a great raspberry black from T2, and I suspect I’ll reach for it before I reach for this one again. I do agree though that David’s needs more raspberry on their wall!

Bah! The coconut in this tea is WAY to strong for my taste, and the raspberry battled with the other flavours instead of blending. I really don’t understand the fuss surrounding this tea…

I was so excited to try this tea after reading the description, but when it arrived my first though was blech! The smell is too strong for me, and it reminds me of artificial raspberry flavouring (I love fresh raspberries but most things that are raspberry flavoured are not my favourite). The smell wasn’t as strong once I steeped it, but I still had a hard time detecting the coconut and it was very disappointing. I’ve been keeping the tea for my mother, who hopefully will enjoy it more than I did.

delicious tea with lots of sweet flavours and is absolutely divine with just a TAD of sugar to boost the flavours, and milk to add creamyness.

This was not what I was expecting.
I thought that Fantasy Island would be a tropical tea, more in the mode of Lupicia’s Happiness (though this is black , not green), or one of the Harney tropical flavors.
This was not what I was expecting at all.
This tea is much warmer and roast-yer than I would have expected. The coconut makes it feels toasty, and I’m not getting any of the raspberry that is promised in the flavor profile.
Still, to my own surprise, I’ve really enjoyed this sample! Why did I delay drinking it so long? Many thanks to Ost, because I surely was not going to buy this tea on my own, but its been a pleasant visitor in the cupboard.

I’m kicking myself for waiting so long to try this tea. This black tea blend has been on my wishlist for ages. I finally gave in and picked up 2 ounces while vacationing in San Francisco at the end of April. I was lucky they had any on hand because the tea has been discontinued and is no longer available on the website. This tea was the perfect pick me up this morning. I don’t normally enjoy hot tea, but I’ve been trying to find black tea blends that I’d enjoy hot to serve as a replacement for coffee during the work week. I didn’t think the combination of coconut and raspberry would work well together, but I was (sadly) wrong. I enjoyed it so much that I steeped the leaves three times this morning. This tea would also be quite a lovely, decadent treat at the end of a long day. I added a few drops of liquid stevia to all three cups and a splash of white chocolate mocha creamer to the last (so heavenly). I might have to try to track down more of this tea.

The Black tea flavour really takes over this tea and I barely get a taste of any raspberry or coconut. In fact, I get a burnt like taste everytime I have steeped this and I have tried steeping it for less/more time. I, for one, do not enjoy the burnt coconut taste and its really hard to mask that even with an addition of milk and other additional sweeteners. I can’t say I would reorder this.

Flavors: Bitter, Burnt, Coconut, Perfume

Raspberry? There’s raspberry in this? I don’t get raspberry at all. Coconut? Yes. Chocolate? Yes. Even butter? Yes. But no raspberry. Which is disappointing because I really like raspberry. Oh well, if you want coconut, this may be the one for you. Buttery and smooth…

Flavors: Butter, Chocolate, Coconut

I never logged this? That’s weird, because I’ve managed to drink the whole entire package.

Since I have deep weaknesses for both raspberry tea and coconut tea, I guess it’s no surprise that I found a raspberry coconut tea pretty addictive. Both flavor notes are very present, but I think the raspberry has the edge here, and consequently, this is quite a sweet one. Far sweeter than David’s other coconut black tea, Buttered Rum (which is also delicious). The base is also robust and adds a lot of character to the brew.

Well I guess I know what I’ll be ordering next.