Fantasy Island

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Raspberry
Bitter, Coconut, Raspberry, Burnt, Perfume, Butter, Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Creamy, Soap, Sweet, Toasted, Cream, Tropical, Berries
Medium
Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Rich, dark, sensual

It’s spring again, time to fall in love. So start steeping this tea. Let the black leaves unfurl, the coconut swirl and the heady scent of raspberry sweep you away. You’ll find yourself on a magical island where the sun always shines except, of course, when the moonlight is reflected on the soft waves and some fabulous admirer is whispering in your ear. Then try it iced. It’s even better.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Black tea, coconut, raspberries, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I was so so bitter when this won the Back from the Dead contest. I wasn’t a fan when it was first on the wall, and it was nowhere even in my top eight. But it is now permanent, and so we gave it another shot.

It isn’t bad. I find its a pretty basic darker black with raspberry notes and coconut. I didn’t dislike the cup, and I did finish it, but it wasn’t memorable for me. I have a great raspberry black from T2, and I suspect I’ll reach for it before I reach for this one again. I do agree though that David’s needs more raspberry on their wall!

Bah! The coconut in this tea is WAY to strong for my taste, and the raspberry battled with the other flavours instead of blending. I really don’t understand the fuss surrounding this tea…

I was so excited to try this tea after reading the description, but when it arrived my first though was blech! The smell is too strong for me, and it reminds me of artificial raspberry flavouring (I love fresh raspberries but most things that are raspberry flavoured are not my favourite). The smell wasn’t as strong once I steeped it, but I still had a hard time detecting the coconut and it was very disappointing. I’ve been keeping the tea for my mother, who hopefully will enjoy it more than I did.

delicious tea with lots of sweet flavours and is absolutely divine with just a TAD of sugar to boost the flavours, and milk to add creamyness.

This was one of my favorites. Boo on DT for discontinuing this one. I wish I had know, I would have stocked up.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea was pretty good hot or iced.

I don’t know.

I’ve had this tea before and I remember it being lovely, so my rating reflects that too. Today, there’s a sort of a bitter aftertaste going on here. What is that?

Based on today’s cup, I would not buy again. Did I not brew long enough? Has the coconut gone off? Is there something else going on here that I am unaware of?

I am going to recommend this tea only based on memory of it being good. Hope I am not mistaken.

Flavors: Bitter

keychange

I think you remember correctly—this tea was delicious! although like you, I found that it didn’t age particularly well.

Evol Ving Ness

But but but I’ve had it for far less than a year.

shezza

Ah, I haven’t had this in a while, but I’ve found that while I can’t stand this tea hot, I quite like it after it’s cooled off a bit (or iced).

This was not what I was expecting.
I thought that Fantasy Island would be a tropical tea, more in the mode of Lupicia’s Happiness (though this is black , not green), or one of the Harney tropical flavors.
This was not what I was expecting at all.
This tea is much warmer and roast-yer than I would have expected. The coconut makes it feels toasty, and I’m not getting any of the raspberry that is promised in the flavor profile.
Still, to my own surprise, I’ve really enjoyed this sample! Why did I delay drinking it so long? Many thanks to Ost, because I surely was not going to buy this tea on my own, but its been a pleasant visitor in the cupboard.

I felt like a hot cuppa this morning so I reached for an oldie but a goodie. My scoop was heavy on the coconut flakes, but I don’t mind that at all. If I could somehow manage to find a tea that combines the roasted coconut flavor of Fantasy Island with the awesome raspberry and cake flavors of Vicky’s Sponge Cake, I’d be one happy camper. Maybe I need to just buy some flaked coconut, toast it myself and add it to Vicky’s Sponge Cake…but I digress. I added a scant amount of stevia and a tiny glug of almond milk. It’s exactly what I needed on a Tuesday morning – smooth, sweet and comforting.

The Black tea flavour really takes over this tea and I barely get a taste of any raspberry or coconut. In fact, I get a burnt like taste everytime I have steeped this and I have tried steeping it for less/more time. I, for one, do not enjoy the burnt coconut taste and its really hard to mask that even with an addition of milk and other additional sweeteners. I can’t say I would reorder this.

Flavors: Bitter, Burnt, Coconut, Perfume