Fantasy Island

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Raspberry
Coconut, Dark Chocolate, Raspberry, Bitter, Creamy, Perfume, Soap, Sweet, Toasted, Cream, Tropical, Butter, Berries
Medium
Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Rich, dark, sensual

It’s spring again, time to fall in love. So start steeping this tea. Let the black leaves unfurl, the coconut swirl and the heady scent of raspberry sweep you away. You’ll find yourself on a magical island where the sun always shines except, of course, when the moonlight is reflected on the soft waves and some fabulous admirer is whispering in your ear. Then try it iced. It’s even better.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Black tea, coconut, raspberries, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Well, for a rainy day pick-me-up, I’m not as impressed as I want to be. It should be simple: I love black tea, I love raspberries, and I love coconut. A match set up for success, right? Meh. Don’t get me wrong, I did like it… but I didn’t love it. I think the loophole might be how they use tiny freeze-dried pieces of raspberry, when perhaps I was expecting a stronger raspberry flavour…. and a stronger coconut one too. Maybe it would be more amazing if they used bigger pieces of raspberry and the slices of coconut they use in Alpine Punch. However, this tea’s subtleness is overall pleasant. I just feel a more rich flavour would make it even better.

I was so so bitter when this won the Back from the Dead contest. I wasn’t a fan when it was first on the wall, and it was nowhere even in my top eight. But it is now permanent, and so we gave it another shot.

It isn’t bad. I find its a pretty basic darker black with raspberry notes and coconut. I didn’t dislike the cup, and I did finish it, but it wasn’t memorable for me. I have a great raspberry black from T2, and I suspect I’ll reach for it before I reach for this one again. I do agree though that David’s needs more raspberry on their wall!

Bah! The coconut in this tea is WAY to strong for my taste, and the raspberry battled with the other flavours instead of blending. I really don’t understand the fuss surrounding this tea…

I was so excited to try this tea after reading the description, but when it arrived my first though was blech! The smell is too strong for me, and it reminds me of artificial raspberry flavouring (I love fresh raspberries but most things that are raspberry flavoured are not my favourite). The smell wasn’t as strong once I steeped it, but I still had a hard time detecting the coconut and it was very disappointing. I’ve been keeping the tea for my mother, who hopefully will enjoy it more than I did.

delicious tea with lots of sweet flavours and is absolutely divine with just a TAD of sugar to boost the flavours, and milk to add creamyness. <3 :)

I’m a sucker for a good coconut tea, so when I saw this one at David’s, I knew I had to try it! I’m really not noticing the raspberry flavor in this cup. There’s lots of coconut and also a rich, slightly bitter taste that is reminding me of dark chocolate. The flavor is actually quite similar to their Chocolate Macaroon, which I had yesterday. It’s quite good, but I think I like the Chocolate Macaroon a bit better.

Flavors: Coconut, Dark Chocolate

My sister loves this tea. She says it’s in her top five favourites from David’s Tea. It’s because of her that I decided to try it. I believe that it is well done. Once the tea is steeped, the smell is of ripe, juicy raspberries sun kissed with coconut. The black tea also really shines through. Upon consumption there is a bitterness that I don’t care for but the taste of the raspberries mingled with the coconut upon the black tea base is respectable. I had a feeling this tea was not going to be for me and I was right. The black tea is a bit too strong for me personally. This isn’t one I would recommend unless I knew someone who was specifically searching for a tea with a strong raspberry/coconut flavour to it. I’ll finish my stash of it but won’t re-purchase.

Flavors: Coconut, Raspberry

Pass the Stash TTB #18

This was middle of the road for me. I’ve had better coconut teas, and this one also doesn’t have a strong enough coconut flavor for me. There’s also a hint of fruit in the background but it doesn’t really come through to the front. Maybe if I added some sugar it would be better…

Okay, just added some sugar and that really did not help the fruit taste. However! The sugar really brought out a roasted coconut flavor that I am loving. I’m really enjoying this now.

Flavors: Coconut

Hmm. Well my first cup of this tasted very soapy, and I wasn’t sure if it was the tea or soap residue on the cup, and turns out, it was a bit of both. Definitely less soapy this time around, but still a bit.

Beyond the soap I’m getting some bitterness and perfume, a lot of coconut, which is a bit sweet and a bit toasty, and some berry. I’m not overly enjoying this black tea base.

This isn’t bad but it’s not great. I doubt I would buy again.

Flavors: Bitter, Coconut, Creamy, Perfume, Raspberry, Soap, Sweet, Toasted

aisling of tea

I had a torrid love affair with this one for a minute, but it’s over now and I can’t even bear to smell it. XD

Anlina

I was going to pass on it, since it didn’t smell super amazing to me, and the person in the store said the raspberry notes were quite subtle, but then they went on and on about how much they can’t resist this tea, so I figured I’d give it a try.

Any tips on brewing this better?

aisling of tea

Have you tried a cold brew? I’ve found with tricky blends, a cold brew is the safest way to go…of course, you have to like cold tea. I used up the last of mine to make a pie, though.

Anlina

Ah no I haven’t. I always intend to try things cold brewed and the I never get around to it. Thanks for the suggestion.

aisling of tea

My pleasure! And I saw you enjoying Milk Oolong, if you want to use up some of the DT version, cold brew it. It is delicious as a cold brew.

Anlina

Thanks! I don’t actually have any of the DT version, but it’s a good reminder to try cold brewing teas that aren’t really working for me hot. :)

This tea had an very artificial raspberry flavor to me. I threw it away. It was just not for me.