Fantasy Island

Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Rich, dark, sensual

It’s spring again, time to fall in love. So start steeping this tea. Let the black leaves unfurl, the coconut swirl and the heady scent of raspberry sweep you away. You’ll find yourself on a magical island where the sun always shines except, of course, when the moonlight is reflected on the soft waves and some fabulous admirer is whispering in your ear. Then try it iced. It’s even better.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Black tea, coconut, raspberries, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Well, for a rainy day pick-me-up, I’m not as impressed as I want to be. It should be simple: I love black tea, I love raspberries, and I love coconut. A match set up for success, right? Meh. Don’t get me wrong, I did like it… but I didn’t love it. I think the loophole might be how they use tiny freeze-dried pieces of raspberry, when perhaps I was expecting a stronger raspberry flavour…. and a stronger coconut one too. Maybe it would be more amazing if they used bigger pieces of raspberry and the slices of coconut they use in Alpine Punch. However, this tea’s subtleness is overall pleasant. I just feel a more rich flavour would make it even better.

I was so so bitter when this won the Back from the Dead contest. I wasn’t a fan when it was first on the wall, and it was nowhere even in my top eight. But it is now permanent, and so we gave it another shot.

It isn’t bad. I find its a pretty basic darker black with raspberry notes and coconut. I didn’t dislike the cup, and I did finish it, but it wasn’t memorable for me. I have a great raspberry black from T2, and I suspect I’ll reach for it before I reach for this one again. I do agree though that David’s needs more raspberry on their wall!

Bah! The coconut in this tea is WAY to strong for my taste, and the raspberry battled with the other flavours instead of blending. I really don’t understand the fuss surrounding this tea…

I was so excited to try this tea after reading the description, but when it arrived my first though was blech! The smell is too strong for me, and it reminds me of artificial raspberry flavouring (I love fresh raspberries but most things that are raspberry flavoured are not my favourite). The smell wasn’t as strong once I steeped it, but I still had a hard time detecting the coconut and it was very disappointing. I’ve been keeping the tea for my mother, who hopefully will enjoy it more than I did.

delicious tea with lots of sweet flavours and is absolutely divine with just a TAD of sugar to boost the flavours, and milk to add creamyness. <3 :)

I love coconut teas! There is only one word to describe this tea and that is PARADISE!

Flavors: Butter, Coconut, Cream, Raspberry, Toasted

This is one of those teas that I probably wouldn’t want any day, anytime… but it tastes like comfort… The coconut definitely seems to come through a lot stronger than raspberry, which is slightly disappointing but I still enjoyed it, especially after sweetening it a little bit. I normally don’t sweeten my teas but my fellow tea enthusiast cousin convinced me and it somehow makes it seem warmer :D I wouldn’t stock up but it would be nice to have 50 grams or so on hand, for times when a little warming coconut would be in order.

Flavors: Coconut, Raspberry

This isn’t a tea I would drink everyday, it has lots of coconut flavor but I never tasted any of the raspberry. I tried it sweetened and unsweetened, with sugar it boosted the flavor and made it a bit more pleasant. I think this is a mood tea, not something you would constantly go for but when you are wishing you are on a beautiful island and can’t be :)

Flavors: Coconut

During most of the winter I like hot, smooth teas like caramel and vanilla, but this is sort of a summer equivalent of a smooth, comfort tea (as compared to a more tangy or sharp fruit tea). I can’t really distinguish the individual flavors, but it’s a pleasant iced tea that’s a nice change of pace, but I still tend to prefer fruit flavored black teas in the summer.

I cold brewed this a week or two ago and just found the empty envelope in my cupboard (sipdown!), but I clearly forgot to log it.

The OCD in me can’t let that slide, so here I am.

I really enjoyed this tea cold and suspect I’d still like it hot. I see DT still stocks it, so I will likely pick up a small amount, I liked the creamy coconut with the raspberry. Yum!

There, I feel better now. All is right in my world :)

Amariel

I almost made this this morning, but I opted to have the last of my Nutmeg Cream.

mj

And on the wish list it goes :-)

Courtney

Finally! I can “like” this.

Memily

MY FAVOURITE DREAM TEA!

whatshesaid

I’m definitely going to pick up some more :)

Courtney

Recommend Dolce Vita too :) Also raspberries and coconut with a black base.

whatshesaid

LOL Courtney…. Go look a few reviews down on my page ;)

TheTeaFairy (Whatshesaid, referring to “vomity” notes ???)

TeaFairy – yup, hahaha

Courtney

Haha whoops! So I may be behind on reading notes. Also, ahhh I feel terrible about your experience. It’s true the coconut is barely there, but the rest, le sigh.

whatshesaid

Oh, well it has nothing to do with you!! I’m going to keep trying! I have tons, lol