Fantasy Island

Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Rich, dark, sensual

It’s spring again, time to fall in love. So start steeping this tea. Let the black leaves unfurl, the coconut swirl and the heady scent of raspberry sweep you away. You’ll find yourself on a magical island where the sun always shines except, of course, when the moonlight is reflected on the soft waves and some fabulous admirer is whispering in your ear. Then try it iced. It’s even better.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Black tea, coconut, raspberries, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Well, for a rainy day pick-me-up, I’m not as impressed as I want to be. It should be simple: I love black tea, I love raspberries, and I love coconut. A match set up for success, right? Meh. Don’t get me wrong, I did like it… but I didn’t love it. I think the loophole might be how they use tiny freeze-dried pieces of raspberry, when perhaps I was expecting a stronger raspberry flavour…. and a stronger coconut one too. Maybe it would be more amazing if they used bigger pieces of raspberry and the slices of coconut they use in Alpine Punch. However, this tea’s subtleness is overall pleasant. I just feel a more rich flavour would make it even better.

I was so so bitter when this won the Back from the Dead contest. I wasn’t a fan when it was first on the wall, and it was nowhere even in my top eight. But it is now permanent, and so we gave it another shot.

It isn’t bad. I find its a pretty basic darker black with raspberry notes and coconut. I didn’t dislike the cup, and I did finish it, but it wasn’t memorable for me. I have a great raspberry black from T2, and I suspect I’ll reach for it before I reach for this one again. I do agree though that David’s needs more raspberry on their wall!

Bah! The coconut in this tea is WAY to strong for my taste, and the raspberry battled with the other flavours instead of blending. I really don’t understand the fuss surrounding this tea…

I was so excited to try this tea after reading the description, but when it arrived my first though was blech! The smell is too strong for me, and it reminds me of artificial raspberry flavouring (I love fresh raspberries but most things that are raspberry flavoured are not my favourite). The smell wasn’t as strong once I steeped it, but I still had a hard time detecting the coconut and it was very disappointing. I’ve been keeping the tea for my mother, who hopefully will enjoy it more than I did.

delicious tea with lots of sweet flavours and is absolutely divine with just a TAD of sugar to boost the flavours, and milk to add creamyness. <3 :)

This tea had an very artificial raspberry flavor to me. I threw it away. It was just not for me.

When I first found the DAVIDsTEA website I really wanted to try this tea. I can’t remember why anymore, but I did. And since it’s in the TTB, I figured I’d try it :P
Couldn’t smell much of this tea until it steeped. Smells kinda like toasted coconut. Reminds me of a candle scent. xD
It literally tastes like I am drinking a candle. It’s so strong. I mean, I like it, but it’s almost perfume-y. Gonna have to re-steep this again to see if I actually like it. It’s really weird. Mixed feelings. xD But I kinda like it actually.

Flavors: Coconut, Cream, Perfume, Toasted

mj

LOL you and the “it’s very perfumy….I like it”

Ost

I just am starting to find teas like this!
They make me feel awake and alive. They’re just so strong. xD I don’t know…haha that word doesn’t seem like it would taste good, but I can’t think of any other way to say it! :P

This is actually one of my favourite teas right now. It’s warm and coconutty and always makes me happy.

Flavors: Coconut, Tropical

Winding down for the evening with a nice cup of Fantasy Island. One of the girls at DAVIDsTEA recommended it since I’ve recently taken a liking to teas with nutty flavor (like DAVIDsTEA’s Brazillionaire). Mostly your tastebuds notice the coconut flavors, however, the light flavor of raspberries add a nice touch at the end. Overall, a very enjoyable black tea that puts you in a good mood :)

Flavors: Coconut, Raspberry

I love coconut teas! There is only one word to describe this tea and that is PARADISE!

Flavors: Butter, Coconut, Cream, Raspberry, Toasted