Fantasy Island

Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Rich, dark, sensual

It’s spring again, time to fall in love. So start steeping this tea. Let the black leaves unfurl, the coconut swirl and the heady scent of raspberry sweep you away. You’ll find yourself on a magical island where the sun always shines except, of course, when the moonlight is reflected on the soft waves and some fabulous admirer is whispering in your ear. Then try it iced. It’s even better.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Black tea, coconut, raspberries, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Well, for a rainy day pick-me-up, I’m not as impressed as I want to be. It should be simple: I love black tea, I love raspberries, and I love coconut. A match set up for success, right? Meh. Don’t get me wrong, I did like it… but I didn’t love it. I think the loophole might be how they use tiny freeze-dried pieces of raspberry, when perhaps I was expecting a stronger raspberry flavour…. and a stronger coconut one too. Maybe it would be more amazing if they used bigger pieces of raspberry and the slices of coconut they use in Alpine Punch. However, this tea’s subtleness is overall pleasant. I just feel a more rich flavour would make it even better.

I was so so bitter when this won the Back from the Dead contest. I wasn’t a fan when it was first on the wall, and it was nowhere even in my top eight. But it is now permanent, and so we gave it another shot.

It isn’t bad. I find its a pretty basic darker black with raspberry notes and coconut. I didn’t dislike the cup, and I did finish it, but it wasn’t memorable for me. I have a great raspberry black from T2, and I suspect I’ll reach for it before I reach for this one again. I do agree though that David’s needs more raspberry on their wall!

Bah! The coconut in this tea is WAY to strong for my taste, and the raspberry battled with the other flavours instead of blending. I really don’t understand the fuss surrounding this tea…

I was so excited to try this tea after reading the description, but when it arrived my first though was blech! The smell is too strong for me, and it reminds me of artificial raspberry flavouring (I love fresh raspberries but most things that are raspberry flavoured are not my favourite). The smell wasn’t as strong once I steeped it, but I still had a hard time detecting the coconut and it was very disappointing. I’ve been keeping the tea for my mother, who hopefully will enjoy it more than I did.

delicious tea with lots of sweet flavours and is absolutely divine with just a TAD of sugar to boost the flavours, and milk to add creamyness. <3 :)

I would really like to go on vacation, but I also just want to sit at home and do nothing but read and internet. So I guess I’ll just have this tea instead! I just finished having a “Hobbit” marathon, which I never should have started considering how late it is…. or is it early now? Either way I’ve been up for waaaaaay too long and I have to work today too D’:

Sometimes I seriously question my life choices.

The coconut in this tea overpowers the raspberries, making the raspberries more of a background flavour. This is a nice mild sweet tea, perfect for an afternoon pick me up. I do wish the raspberries stood out more but as a coconut tea this is perfect.

Flavors: Berries, Coconut

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

I’ve been sitting here over the past twenty minutes mindlessly sipping on this tea not realizing that a) this is actually Fantasy Island and b) I’ve yet to log it.

So this is the infamous Fantasy Island? More like Catastrophe Island. Ok, maybe a little harsh, but I hardly taste any coconut or raspberry. There’s a vague creaminess but that’s it.

Now I feel bad harping on Bayswater’s Merlin’s Magic, which is coconut and raspberry, which I thought was a little too mild. But in comparison, Bayswater’s blows this one out of the water.

I can smell a faint artificial raspberry note in the background but don’t get any in the flavour. The base is weird. I don’t know. I don’t get it. If it makes any difference, I’m drinking it hot with a bit of half and half. I didn’t bother taking a sip before adding the cream. I’ll make sure to do that next time. Just that the steeped tea on its own smelled rather boring and astringent.

__Morgana__

Did you find it really, really sweet? I did, though I used no additives, and I wasn’t expecting that.

Amariel

See, I LOVE this one, and I totally get the coconut. The raspberry is a lighter note for sure. I’m gonna get some strawberry coconut pu erh from bulk barn and see how it compares to this.

Fjellrev

Come to think of it, Morgana, it was really sweet. Despite having it with cream, it kind of tasted like what teas tend to taste like when I add sweetened soy/coconut/almond milk to them. Just vaguely sweet. That was probably part of the problem!

Anna

Now I want to blend a Catastrophe Island tea. Or Dead Island – there are way too few gaming fandom teas (if any) out there.

I think I’m in love.

Coconut and raspberry made for an unexpectedly delicious combination in this one! Fruity black teas I am alllll over.