Fantasy Island

Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Rich, dark, sensual

It’s spring again, time to fall in love. So start steeping this tea. Let the black leaves unfurl, the coconut swirl and the heady scent of raspberry sweep you away. You’ll find yourself on a magical island where the sun always shines except, of course, when the moonlight is reflected on the soft waves and some fabulous admirer is whispering in your ear. Then try it iced. It’s even better.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Black tea, coconut, raspberries, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Back to a favourite tonight just to pop in and say hello (and up my rating; I can’t help it, I’m obsessed). The glorious ashleyelizabeth was kind enough to do a Davids run as part of our tea swap and basically doubled my Fantasy Island stocks, as I was already getting a little desolate about my dwindling supply.

Had just a small cup with a dash of milk and sugar each tonight, and boy did my mouth sing. Also had a small huffing session. Cannot ever get enough of the dry scent of this tea. And the tea itself. And everything.

I think I have to call it, you guys. Fantasy Island is my DAVIDsTEA. I think a lot of their blends are good, but much like Wes Anderson films, you always have a favourite. One that’s yours. For me, it’s Moonrise Kingdom and Fantasy Island. I guess I’m just whimsical as shit that way.

Courtney

This one never worked for me, but Dolce Vita from RiverTea is my raspberry coconut delight that I can’t get enough of. :)

Memily

Well now that’s got to go on my wish list!

Courtney

Hehe :P It is awesome! And if I remember correctly, RiverTea is a German company so it may be easier to get it in Australia. Or we could always figure out a swap at some point. :)

Memily

I was just about to say, I’ll sweet-talk you into a swap one of these days ;)

All my swaps have arrived successfully so far! And as it turns out a lot of companies will send to Australia, just freight can sometimes add up so I’d want to be sure of my purchases before committing to them.

Plus there’s the fact that I still have close to a hundred teas loitering around :|

Courtney

Yay! I’ve sent a few things to Australia before (not tea) and I’ve never had problems either. That’s understandable haha. Shipping costs are the worst!

I’m happy to swap to Australia as well – I know the last time, I was just careful not to put fruits and seed teas in because of customs.

Memily

Ahh thanks ladies! I’ll come at you both for swaps when my current cupboard looks a little leaner ;)

Sil—I’ve had some fruit teas come through in my recent swaps, I think it can be a little hit and miss with Customs checks! Better for me in any case ;)

I’m not really sure why this tea has such a high rating. I think it smells exceptional, but it kind of tastes like…. nothing. Maybe I steeped it too long but it tasted kind of bitter, but not tart in an appetizing sense. It’s not bad, it’s fine if you just think of it as plain tea, but I’m not sure I’m tasting the notes in the tea’s description.

Every time I reach for this bag and see the label I think of Tattoo and Mr. Rourke. That pretty much dates me right up there I suspect. Carry on…

After a rough day at work, I was thrilled to come home and see that my 50g of Fantasy Island had arrived! Although it was late, I felt that I needed to try this tea, despite the caffeine.

The dry smell is intoxicating…like a raspberry-coconut chocolate or something. I agree with other steepsters that it smells like there is chocolate in this blend, even though there isn’t. Steeped it for 5 mins on the initial steep and oh my god, this is delicious! Definitely a stronger coconut taste than anything else, which is fine because I am a fan of coconut. In fact, its interesting because as Im sipping it, it SMELLS like raspberries and tastes like coconut, so you almost get the entire experience between the two senses.

Decided to resteep this and this time, I steeped for 4 minutes and added a packet of sugar (which I usually don’t do to hot teas). I feel like the sugar brings out the tartness of the raspberry a bit more and is very enjoyable.

Its 12:57am and as Im nearing the end of this cup, I am highly considering a second resteep, which I have NEVER done. I think thats a sure sign that this is love <3

Fantasy Island, the love of my life. This is what heaven tastes like, I’m sure. The creamy sweet taste of coconut combined with slightly fruity notes of raspeberry is totally amazing. Even better iced with some milk. Can’t get enough of it, it’s like a calorie-free desert that makes me feel like I’m getting lost in a summer dream.
Ok I think I’m in love. You’ve gotta try that tea!

Flavors: Coconut, Cream

Fantasy Island! I actually bought this tea on two occasions. The first, it was a hot day, so I bought it iced, and it was nothing to write home about. I didn’t really like it, but it was tolerable, so I drank it. But I decided to give this tea a second chance. On the second occasion, (it was still hot outside) I bought it straight and hot. It actually tasted great!

There is a strong scent of coconut and a slight raspberry sweetness. Kind of exotic!

Had a quick sample of this while I was at David’s today.
At a glance, its a wonderful, warm tea, only a tad spicy.

I felt like I should log it, but I would like to have an entire cup before I can decide if I really like it or not.

I visited David’s Tea last weekend and picked this tea up along with Coconut Grove. After taking a whiff, I was taken in by its sweet aroma. Raspberry and coconut, though, it does smell artificial in both areas. I am a fruit lover, so I would definitely be able tell the difference in tastes. Fortunately, I found it quite exceptional and not overbearing. It’s dark and sensual. It’s a very sexy tea… (laughs) It lives up to its name – Fantasy Island.

I have tried it both warm and cold. I love it as iced. Just to tickle my taste-buds, I added a hint of brown sugar. Very dreamy. It’s almost as good as Love Tea #7 — almost! All in all, an exceptional tea. I’d probably whip it out in the midst of a romantic endeavor.

When I read the description online I thought I would love it, however when I got about 10g from the store it was not what I expected. I thought the raspberries would blend better. I didn’t really get much of a raspberry flavor at all. I don’t know if it was the artificial flavoring but the taste turned me off. I followed the temp and measurement instructions. I wouldn’t buy again. I was hoping it could be another dessert tea to add to my collection. I won’t be buying more…I’ll stick to stormy night when I need my coconut fix. :)

looking at the overall rating for this tea compared to how i rank it i will seem very much a killjoy.

i do not like this tea. the individual ingredients are fine, i like them all. however, although no essence of rum was added, it’s a flavour that i detect quite strongly. even mixing it with another tea (i’ve tried several) doesn’t dilute the rum flavour for me. in fact. instead of diluting the taste of rum, all it did was ruin the taste of the normally excellent teas i tried to combine it with.

hot, cold, varying the steeping time and temperature— nothing improved this tea for me.

the fact that i dislike rum as much as i do did not help i am sure.