Fantasy Island

Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Rich, dark, sensual

It’s spring again, time to fall in love. So start steeping this tea. Let the black leaves unfurl, the coconut swirl and the heady scent of raspberry sweep you away. You’ll find yourself on a magical island where the sun always shines except, of course, when the moonlight is reflected on the soft waves and some fabulous admirer is whispering in your ear. Then try it iced. It’s even better.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Black tea, coconut, raspberries, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I cold brewed this a week or two ago and just found the empty envelope in my cupboard (sipdown!), but I clearly forgot to log it.

The OCD in me can’t let that slide, so here I am.

I really enjoyed this tea cold and suspect I’d still like it hot. I see DT still stocks it, so I will likely pick up a small amount, I liked the creamy coconut with the raspberry. Yum!

There, I feel better now. All is right in my world :)

Amariel

I almost made this this morning, but I opted to have the last of my Nutmeg Cream.

mj

And on the wish list it goes :-)

Courtney

Finally! I can “like” this.

MY FAVOURITE DREAM TEA!

whatshesaid

I’m definitely going to pick up some more :)

Courtney

Recommend Dolce Vita too :) Also raspberries and coconut with a black base.

whatshesaid

LOL Courtney…. Go look a few reviews down on my page ;)

TheTeaFairy (Whatshesaid, referring to “vomity” notes ???)

TeaFairy – yup, hahaha

Courtney

Haha whoops! So I may be behind on reading notes. Also, ahhh I feel terrible about your experience. It’s true the coconut is barely there, but the rest, le sigh.

whatshesaid

Oh, well it has nothing to do with you!! I’m going to keep trying! I have tons, lol

Yummy yummy. Toasted coconut with a hint of raspberry. Helping me through some Korra feels tonight. I decided to watch the whole first season today on my day off, having never watched it before. I loved the Avatar: The Last Airbender series, and I have to say I was not disappointed with Legend of Korra. I may or may not have cried into my mug of tea at some point or another. The score for the series really got to me and I really felt this aching nostalgia for the old series. I love when a show/book/movie can get you invested like that. But still, oh my aching heart. Some of those moments had me reaching for the kleenex.

Anywho, on a happier note I GOT MY CAR!!! WOOT! Brought it home on Friday. It’s a red Fiat that we’ve named Francesca. Why? She’s got European class, but she’s also a bit eccentric so we nick-named her Frankie ;P

Cavocorax

Oh, that’s exciting!!! Sounds like an adorable Fiat.

Hello.Kiki

I’m ridiculously excited. Not only is it my first car, but I also feel like I’ve passed a great milestone. It’s the first big purchase for my husband and I since we got married in February!

Cheri

That is a nice milestone! I love tiny cars, and the Fiat 500 fits that bill perfectly.

The coconut in this tea overpowers the raspberries, making the raspberries more of a background flavour. This is a nice mild sweet tea, perfect for an afternoon pick me up. I do wish the raspberries stood out more but as a coconut tea this is perfect.

Flavors: Berries, Coconut

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

I’ve been sitting here over the past twenty minutes mindlessly sipping on this tea not realizing that a) this is actually Fantasy Island and b) I’ve yet to log it.

So this is the infamous Fantasy Island? More like Catastrophe Island. Ok, maybe a little harsh, but I hardly taste any coconut or raspberry. There’s a vague creaminess but that’s it.

Now I feel bad harping on Bayswater’s Merlin’s Magic, which is coconut and raspberry, which I thought was a little too mild. But in comparison, Bayswater’s blows this one out of the water.

I can smell a faint artificial raspberry note in the background but don’t get any in the flavour. The base is weird. I don’t know. I don’t get it. If it makes any difference, I’m drinking it hot with a bit of half and half. I didn’t bother taking a sip before adding the cream. I’ll make sure to do that next time. Just that the steeped tea on its own smelled rather boring and astringent.

__Morgana__

Did you find it really, really sweet? I did, though I used no additives, and I wasn’t expecting that.

Amariel

See, I LOVE this one, and I totally get the coconut. The raspberry is a lighter note for sure. I’m gonna get some strawberry coconut pu erh from bulk barn and see how it compares to this.

Fjellrev

Come to think of it, Morgana, it was really sweet. Despite having it with cream, it kind of tasted like what teas tend to taste like when I add sweetened soy/coconut/almond milk to them. Just vaguely sweet. That was probably part of the problem!

Anna

Now I want to blend a Catastrophe Island tea. Or Dead Island – there are way too few gaming fandom teas (if any) out there.

I think I’m in love.

Coconut and raspberry made for an unexpectedly delicious combination in this one! Fruity black teas I am alllll over.

Back to a favourite tonight just to pop in and say hello (and up my rating; I can’t help it, I’m obsessed). The glorious ashleyelizabeth was kind enough to do a Davids run as part of our tea swap and basically doubled my Fantasy Island stocks, as I was already getting a little desolate about my dwindling supply.

Had just a small cup with a dash of milk and sugar each tonight, and boy did my mouth sing. Also had a small huffing session. Cannot ever get enough of the dry scent of this tea. And the tea itself. And everything.

I think I have to call it, you guys. Fantasy Island is my DAVIDsTEA. I think a lot of their blends are good, but much like Wes Anderson films, you always have a favourite. One that’s yours. For me, it’s Moonrise Kingdom and Fantasy Island. I guess I’m just whimsical as shit that way.

Courtney

This one never worked for me, but Dolce Vita from RiverTea is my raspberry coconut delight that I can’t get enough of. :)

Memily

Well now that’s got to go on my wish list!

Courtney

Hehe :P It is awesome! And if I remember correctly, RiverTea is a German company so it may be easier to get it in Australia. Or we could always figure out a swap at some point. :)

Memily

I was just about to say, I’ll sweet-talk you into a swap one of these days ;)

All my swaps have arrived successfully so far! And as it turns out a lot of companies will send to Australia, just freight can sometimes add up so I’d want to be sure of my purchases before committing to them.

Plus there’s the fact that I still have close to a hundred teas loitering around :|

Courtney

Yay! I’ve sent a few things to Australia before (not tea) and I’ve never had problems either. That’s understandable haha. Shipping costs are the worst!

I’m happy to swap to Australia as well – I know the last time, I was just careful not to put fruits and seed teas in because of customs.

Memily

Ahh thanks ladies! I’ll come at you both for swaps when my current cupboard looks a little leaner ;)

Sil—I’ve had some fruit teas come through in my recent swaps, I think it can be a little hit and miss with Customs checks! Better for me in any case ;)

I’m not really sure why this tea has such a high rating. I think it smells exceptional, but it kind of tastes like…. nothing. Maybe I steeped it too long but it tasted kind of bitter, but not tart in an appetizing sense. It’s not bad, it’s fine if you just think of it as plain tea, but I’m not sure I’m tasting the notes in the tea’s description.

Every time I reach for this bag and see the label I think of Tattoo and Mr. Rourke. That pretty much dates me right up there I suspect. Carry on…