Fantasy Island

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Raspberry
Coconut, Dark Chocolate, Raspberry, Bitter, Creamy, Perfume, Soap, Sweet, Toasted, Cream, Tropical, Butter, Berries
Medium
Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Rich, dark, sensual

It’s spring again, time to fall in love. So start steeping this tea. Let the black leaves unfurl, the coconut swirl and the heady scent of raspberry sweep you away. You’ll find yourself on a magical island where the sun always shines except, of course, when the moonlight is reflected on the soft waves and some fabulous admirer is whispering in your ear. Then try it iced. It’s even better.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Black tea, coconut, raspberries, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea had an very artificial raspberry flavor to me. I threw it away. It was just not for me.

When I first found the DAVIDsTEA website I really wanted to try this tea. I can’t remember why anymore, but I did. And since it’s in the TTB, I figured I’d try it :P
Couldn’t smell much of this tea until it steeped. Smells kinda like toasted coconut. Reminds me of a candle scent. xD
It literally tastes like I am drinking a candle. It’s so strong. I mean, I like it, but it’s almost perfume-y. Gonna have to re-steep this again to see if I actually like it. It’s really weird. Mixed feelings. xD But I kinda like it actually.

Flavors: Coconut, Cream, Perfume, Toasted

mj

LOL you and the “it’s very perfumy….I like it”

Ost

I just am starting to find teas like this!
They make me feel awake and alive. They’re just so strong. xD I don’t know…haha that word doesn’t seem like it would taste good, but I can’t think of any other way to say it! :P

This is actually one of my favourite teas right now. It’s warm and coconutty and always makes me happy.

Flavors: Coconut, Tropical

Winding down for the evening with a nice cup of Fantasy Island. One of the girls at DAVIDsTEA recommended it since I’ve recently taken a liking to teas with nutty flavor (like DAVIDsTEA’s Brazillionaire). Mostly your tastebuds notice the coconut flavors, however, the light flavor of raspberries add a nice touch at the end. Overall, a very enjoyable black tea that puts you in a good mood :)

Flavors: Coconut, Raspberry

I love coconut teas! There is only one word to describe this tea and that is PARADISE!

Flavors: Butter, Coconut, Cream, Raspberry, Toasted

This is one of those teas that I probably wouldn’t want any day, anytime… but it tastes like comfort… The coconut definitely seems to come through a lot stronger than raspberry, which is slightly disappointing but I still enjoyed it, especially after sweetening it a little bit. I normally don’t sweeten my teas but my fellow tea enthusiast cousin convinced me and it somehow makes it seem warmer :D I wouldn’t stock up but it would be nice to have 50 grams or so on hand, for times when a little warming coconut would be in order.

Flavors: Coconut, Raspberry

This isn’t a tea I would drink everyday, it has lots of coconut flavor but I never tasted any of the raspberry. I tried it sweetened and unsweetened, with sugar it boosted the flavor and made it a bit more pleasant. I think this is a mood tea, not something you would constantly go for but when you are wishing you are on a beautiful island and can’t be :)

Flavors: Coconut

During most of the winter I like hot, smooth teas like caramel and vanilla, but this is sort of a summer equivalent of a smooth, comfort tea (as compared to a more tangy or sharp fruit tea). I can’t really distinguish the individual flavors, but it’s a pleasant iced tea that’s a nice change of pace, but I still tend to prefer fruit flavored black teas in the summer.

I cold brewed this a week or two ago and just found the empty envelope in my cupboard (sipdown!), but I clearly forgot to log it.

The OCD in me can’t let that slide, so here I am.

I really enjoyed this tea cold and suspect I’d still like it hot. I see DT still stocks it, so I will likely pick up a small amount, I liked the creamy coconut with the raspberry. Yum!

There, I feel better now. All is right in my world :)

Amariel

I almost made this this morning, but I opted to have the last of my Nutmeg Cream.

mj

And on the wish list it goes :-)

Courtney

Finally! I can “like” this.

Memily

MY FAVOURITE DREAM TEA!

whatshesaid

I’m definitely going to pick up some more :)

Courtney

Recommend Dolce Vita too :) Also raspberries and coconut with a black base.

whatshesaid

LOL Courtney…. Go look a few reviews down on my page ;)

TheTeaFairy (Whatshesaid, referring to “vomity” notes ???)

TeaFairy – yup, hahaha

Courtney

Haha whoops! So I may be behind on reading notes. Also, ahhh I feel terrible about your experience. It’s true the coconut is barely there, but the rest, le sigh.

whatshesaid

Oh, well it has nothing to do with you!! I’m going to keep trying! I have tons, lol