Fantasy Island

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Raspberry
Butter, Chocolate, Coconut, Dark Chocolate, Raspberry, Bitter, Creamy, Perfume, Soap, Sweet, Toasted, Cream, Tropical, Berries
Medium
Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

From DAVIDsTEA

Rich, dark, sensual

It’s spring again, time to fall in love. So start steeping this tea. Let the black leaves unfurl, the coconut swirl and the heady scent of raspberry sweep you away. You’ll find yourself on a magical island where the sun always shines except, of course, when the moonlight is reflected on the soft waves and some fabulous admirer is whispering in your ear. Then try it iced. It’s even better.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Black tea, coconut, raspberries, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

My sister loves this tea. She says it’s in her top five favourites from David’s Tea. It’s because of her that I decided to try it. I believe that it is well done. Once the tea is steeped, the smell is of ripe, juicy raspberries sun kissed with coconut. The black tea also really shines through. Upon consumption there is a bitterness that I don’t care for but the taste of the raspberries mingled with the coconut upon the black tea base is respectable. I had a feeling this tea was not going to be for me and I was right. The black tea is a bit too strong for me personally. This isn’t one I would recommend unless I knew someone who was specifically searching for a tea with a strong raspberry/coconut flavour to it. I’ll finish my stash of it but won’t re-purchase.

Pass the Stash TTB #18

This was middle of the road for me. I’ve had better coconut teas, and this one also doesn’t have a strong enough coconut flavor for me. There’s also a hint of fruit in the background but it doesn’t really come through to the front. Maybe if I added some sugar it would be better…

Okay, just added some sugar and that really did not help the fruit taste. However! The sugar really brought out a roasted coconut flavor that I am loving. I’m really enjoying this now.

Flavors: Coconut

Hmm. Well my first cup of this tasted very soapy, and I wasn’t sure if it was the tea or soap residue on the cup, and turns out, it was a bit of both. Definitely less soapy this time around, but still a bit.

Beyond the soap I’m getting some bitterness and perfume, a lot of coconut, which is a bit sweet and a bit toasty, and some berry. I’m not overly enjoying this black tea base.

This isn’t bad but it’s not great. I doubt I would buy again.

Flavors: Bitter, Coconut, Creamy, Perfume, Raspberry, Soap, Sweet, Toasted

aisling of tea

I had a torrid love affair with this one for a minute, but it’s over now and I can’t even bear to smell it. XD

Anlina

I was going to pass on it, since it didn’t smell super amazing to me, and the person in the store said the raspberry notes were quite subtle, but then they went on and on about how much they can’t resist this tea, so I figured I’d give it a try.

Any tips on brewing this better?

aisling of tea

Have you tried a cold brew? I’ve found with tricky blends, a cold brew is the safest way to go…of course, you have to like cold tea. I used up the last of mine to make a pie, though.

Anlina

Ah no I haven’t. I always intend to try things cold brewed and the I never get around to it. Thanks for the suggestion.

aisling of tea

My pleasure! And I saw you enjoying Milk Oolong, if you want to use up some of the DT version, cold brew it. It is delicious as a cold brew.

Anlina

Thanks! I don’t actually have any of the DT version, but it’s a good reminder to try cold brewing teas that aren’t really working for me hot. :)

This tea had an very artificial raspberry flavor to me. I threw it away. It was just not for me.

When I first found the DAVIDsTEA website I really wanted to try this tea. I can’t remember why anymore, but I did. And since it’s in the TTB, I figured I’d try it :P
Couldn’t smell much of this tea until it steeped. Smells kinda like toasted coconut. Reminds me of a candle scent. xD
It literally tastes like I am drinking a candle. It’s so strong. I mean, I like it, but it’s almost perfume-y. Gonna have to re-steep this again to see if I actually like it. It’s really weird. Mixed feelings. xD But I kinda like it actually.

Flavors: Coconut, Cream, Perfume, Toasted

mj

LOL you and the “it’s very perfumy….I like it”

Ost

I just am starting to find teas like this!
They make me feel awake and alive. They’re just so strong. xD I don’t know…haha that word doesn’t seem like it would taste good, but I can’t think of any other way to say it! :P

This is actually one of my favourite teas right now. It’s warm and coconutty and always makes me happy.

Flavors: Coconut, Tropical

Winding down for the evening with a nice cup of Fantasy Island. One of the girls at DAVIDsTEA recommended it since I’ve recently taken a liking to teas with nutty flavor (like DAVIDsTEA’s Brazillionaire). Mostly your tastebuds notice the coconut flavors, however, the light flavor of raspberries add a nice touch at the end. Overall, a very enjoyable black tea that puts you in a good mood :)

Flavors: Coconut, Raspberry

I love coconut teas! There is only one word to describe this tea and that is PARADISE!

Flavors: Butter, Coconut, Cream, Raspberry, Toasted

This is one of those teas that I probably wouldn’t want any day, anytime… but it tastes like comfort… The coconut definitely seems to come through a lot stronger than raspberry, which is slightly disappointing but I still enjoyed it, especially after sweetening it a little bit. I normally don’t sweeten my teas but my fellow tea enthusiast cousin convinced me and it somehow makes it seem warmer :D I wouldn’t stock up but it would be nice to have 50 grams or so on hand, for times when a little warming coconut would be in order.

Flavors: Coconut, Raspberry

This isn’t a tea I would drink everyday, it has lots of coconut flavor but I never tasted any of the raspberry. I tried it sweetened and unsweetened, with sugar it boosted the flavor and made it a bit more pleasant. I think this is a mood tea, not something you would constantly go for but when you are wishing you are on a beautiful island and can’t be :)

Flavors: Coconut