Goji Pop

Fruit Herbal Blend
Berry, Honeydew, Tart, Goji, Melon, Pineapple, Citrus, Hibiscus, Floral, Green Melons, Apple, Butter, Stonefruits
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Spring eternal

Legend has it that Li Ching-Yuen was born in China in 1677 and died 256 years later in New York. His secret? Goji berries. Your secret? This hot pink tea filled with sweet, sweet goji berries, rosehips, citrusy lemon oil, apple, melon, marigold and hibiscus. It’s probably the most delicious longevity formula ever. Which is key, since you’ll be popping it for the next two centuries. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple pieces, goji berries, hibiscus blossoms, rosehip peel, honeydew melon cubes, marigold petals. With artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Staff at DAVIDs convinced me to come home with some of this. Sadly, to her a “sample” size was closer to 50g than 25g.. I don’t get it. ANYWAY.

Severely oversteeped (by an hour!) left this tart, sweet, and kinda prickly/burning – there must be strawberry flavoring in here, as I suspected when I smelled it. I get why the staffer called it “very much like honeydew”, if I’d steeped it probably, it probably would.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Honeydew, Tart

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Anlina

o_O 50g is not a sample. Particularly when DAVIDs can do as little as 10g, which is the quantity I now get for anything new, because too much tea.

MissB

I actually told her outright – smallest amount possible. I had to get her to put tea back a few times. Just not cool.

Final sample from Memily! This is one of the ones I’ve been waiting a long time to try, so I’ve kept it until I have time to write a note along with my precious single cup. I used 5g of leaf, and gave it 4 minutes in boiling water. The liquor is pale orange-red.

First sip, and I can taste mostly hibiscus. My initial thought was “oh”, but then I got it. It took a few seconds for it to develop, but my mouth was suddenly awash with the juicy, fresh flavour of green apple and honeydew melon. The goji berries add a touch of almost sugary sweetness, and there’s a slight tartness in the aftertaste. It’s more like fruit juice than tea!

I’m drinking this warm, because it’s cold today and that’s usually what I do first time with a new tea. I can imagine it making an awesome cold brew, though. Sadly I don’t have the leaf to try it, but maybe some day in the future…I do wish DT was more accessible in Europe sad face.

Thanks again to Memily for sharing this with me!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 5 g

The only way I could recommend this tea is to someone who really, REALLY likes melon teas. Personally, I’m not a fan, and that’s about the only flavour I got from this. I got it in the Easter Tea Hunt so at least I don’t have a lot of it. I’m going to try it iced but I’m worried that will bring out the melon even more. And it would probably bring out more of the floral notes, which wouldn’t be a step in the right direction.

Flavors: Floral, Green Melons

So I’ve gotten into the habit of picking out some of the hibiscus pieces before I steep the tea :P Which improved my rating of this tea drastically since the first cup. Overall, it’s a very nice fruity herbal with a strong melon flavor, and I can’t say no to melon! Not sure if this will be a rebuy though because I’m still on my strawberry teas craze _

Flavors: Apple, Citrus, Melon

Hard to describe the flavors but a really great iced tea!

Did my version of “cold brew” with this one. It’s nice. Cold, refreshing, but doesn’t pack as much of a punch as I was expecting. I think next time I make it I’ll add more “leaf”. Drinkable unsweetened though, which is always preferable!

Well, now I feel I’m the only one who hates this tea? I bought a 50g bag online because it’s supposed to be a popular tea.. which I thought meant it was good.

Maybe my bag is very old? Anyway, the dry stuff smells like butter and the steeped stuff tastes like rancid butter..

Oh well, maybe it’s just not my cuppatea!

Thank you for reading and have a goji-popping day! (is that a good thing considering my review??)

PS: you can factor in the space factor if you like

Flavors: Butter

From the Herbal TTB

I’ve been wanting to make everything iced! I was good though and made this one hot. When I add ice to anything it feels like I’m getting rid of a whole layer of flavor, anyone else get that feeling?

It’s pink, and it smells like a jolly rancher. It TASTES like a jolly rancher if jolly rancher was a tea. Mildly tart, but not drying. If I added sugar I could definately see it as a jolly rancher. I’ve an idea in the back of my mind to pour the rest over ice and cut it with soda water, but I didn’t make it concentrated enough to survive that. I do think it would do well as a tea soda though.

Spencer

Agreed – such Jolly Rancher.

Herbal Traveling Tea Box

I swear, I just sat down with this to write the review and I’m already staring at an empty cup. No doubt that I enjoyed this one!:P So delicious and love the strong flavor of the goji berries. Falls very much so into the summer spirit.

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 2 g 4 OZ / 118 ML

This is my go-to iced (fruity) tea these days. I love the combination of flavors. I’m a real sucker for both melon-flavored teas and hibiscus teas, so I knew there was probably a 0.01% chance that I wouldn’t like it. I’ve repurchased it a few times despite my attempts to find suitable replacements locally as there’s no DAVIDsTEA anywhere near Texas. Love it.