Goji Pop

Fruit Herbal Blend
Berry, Lemon, Candy, Fruity, Apple, Hibiscus, Tart, Tangy, Apple Candy, Goji, Berries, Fruit Punch, Sour, Honeydew, Melon, Pineapple, Citrus, Floral, Green Melons, Butter, Stonefruits
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

Spring eternal

Legend has it that Li Ching-Yuen was born in China in 1677 and died 256 years later in New York. His secret? Goji berries. Your secret? This hot pink tea filled with sweet, sweet goji berries, rosehips, citrusy lemon oil, apple, melon, marigold and hibiscus. It’s probably the most delicious longevity formula ever. Which is key, since you’ll be popping it for the next two centuries. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple pieces, goji berries, hibiscus blossoms, rosehip peel, honeydew melon cubes, marigold petals. With artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I just can’t seem to get into this tea. I received quite a bit as a gift from a friend last summer and have since tried it a few times without much success. It isn’t even that the flavour is unpleasant, it’s just not memorable. I often find myself trying to remember what this tea even tastes like. Well having finally gotten tired of it taking space in my cupboard, I just dumped the remaining leaf into a pitcher and cold brewed about 12 cups of it to get through studying today.

Overall still kind of unmemorable. Every time I drink this I hope to have some magical revelation, but I just find myself going “meh”. It’s got a hint of berry flavour, possibly related to strawberry, then there’s quite a bit of tartness. Possibly a hint of honeydew as well? Definitely not a re-buy.

Flavors: Berry, Honeydew, Tart

YUM! This is like a fruit punch explosion of flavour.. both sweet and tarte and the scent is incredible. Thank you ccoppens for sharing this amazing tea.

Flavors: Goji, Honeydew, Melon, Pineapple

Chris Coppens

Finally! I knew you would like it

This tea is nothing short of magnificent. The sweet scent of goji berries paired with the nice subtle citrus flavoring solidifies this tea as one of my favorites!

Flavors: Citrus, Goji

Excellent review.. you have a keen eye for finding the best teas!

Absolutely adore this tea! Got to try it as a sample first, now it’s one of my go-to teas! It has such a juicy taste & smell. Just can’t get enough.

Really love this tea.

I like that it’s tart in a way that’s crisp but not too sour. The fruit adds just enough sweetness to balance it out.

Flavors: Berry, Melon, Tart

1 tsp

I find I always need to add more leaves to get this to the flavour I want it to be, even when I steep it for awhile. Kind of annoying, but the taste is so yummy that I will put up with it.

Had this as a tea pop to go last night at the mall. It was pretty decent but it was really weak because of the pop. Oh well.

A sample with my David’s Tea order, a bit too tart for my taste. Won’t be ordering, especially since I generally don’t like decaffeinated tea.

Staff at DAVIDs convinced me to come home with some of this. Sadly, to her a “sample” size was closer to 50g than 25g.. I don’t get it. ANYWAY.

Severely oversteeped (by an hour!) left this tart, sweet, and kinda prickly/burning – there must be strawberry flavoring in here, as I suspected when I smelled it. I get why the staffer called it “very much like honeydew”, if I’d steeped it probably, it probably would.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Honeydew, Tart

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

o_O 50g is not a sample. Particularly when DAVIDs can do as little as 10g, which is the quantity I now get for anything new, because too much tea.

I actually told her outright – smallest amount possible. I had to get her to put tea back a few times. Just not cool.

Final sample from Memily! This is one of the ones I’ve been waiting a long time to try, so I’ve kept it until I have time to write a note along with my precious single cup. I used 5g of leaf, and gave it 4 minutes in boiling water. The liquor is pale orange-red.

First sip, and I can taste mostly hibiscus. My initial thought was “oh”, but then I got it. It took a few seconds for it to develop, but my mouth was suddenly awash with the juicy, fresh flavour of green apple and honeydew melon. The goji berries add a touch of almost sugary sweetness, and there’s a slight tartness in the aftertaste. It’s more like fruit juice than tea!

I’m drinking this warm, because it’s cold today and that’s usually what I do first time with a new tea. I can imagine it making an awesome cold brew, though. Sadly I don’t have the leaf to try it, but maybe some day in the future…I do wish DT was more accessible in Europe sad face.

Thanks again to Memily for sharing this with me!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 5 g