Goji Pop

Fruit Herbal Blend
Berry, Honeydew, Tart, Goji, Melon, Pineapple, Citrus, Hibiscus, Floral, Green Melons, Apple, Butter, Stonefruits, Fruity
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Spring eternal

Legend has it that Li Ching-Yuen was born in China in 1677 and died 256 years later in New York. His secret? Goji berries. Your secret? This hot pink tea filled with sweet, sweet goji berries, rosehips, citrusy lemon oil, apple, melon, marigold and hibiscus. It’s probably the most delicious longevity formula ever. Which is key, since you’ll be popping it for the next two centuries. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple pieces, goji berries, hibiscus blossoms, rosehip peel, honeydew melon cubes, marigold petals. With artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

From the Herbal TTB

I’ve been wanting to make everything iced! I was good though and made this one hot. When I add ice to anything it feels like I’m getting rid of a whole layer of flavor, anyone else get that feeling?

It’s pink, and it smells like a jolly rancher. It TASTES like a jolly rancher if jolly rancher was a tea. Mildly tart, but not drying. If I added sugar I could definately see it as a jolly rancher. I’ve an idea in the back of my mind to pour the rest over ice and cut it with soda water, but I didn’t make it concentrated enough to survive that. I do think it would do well as a tea soda though.

Spencer

Agreed – such Jolly Rancher.

Herbal Traveling Tea Box

I swear, I just sat down with this to write the review and I’m already staring at an empty cup. No doubt that I enjoyed this one!:P So delicious and love the strong flavor of the goji berries. Falls very much so into the summer spirit.

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 2 g 4 OZ / 118 ML

This is my go-to iced (fruity) tea these days. I love the combination of flavors. I’m a real sucker for both melon-flavored teas and hibiscus teas, so I knew there was probably a 0.01% chance that I wouldn’t like it. I’ve repurchased it a few times despite my attempts to find suitable replacements locally as there’s no DAVIDsTEA anywhere near Texas. Love it.

Herbal Traveling Tea Box

I think I tried every single DAVIDsTEA from this box. I’ve never had anything from the company until now and I think it’s probably lucky for my wallet that they don’t have any stores near me.

I kept trying to place what this one tasted like to me. Tart, sweet, sour… and then it hit me. It definitely tastes like Airhead candies and it kind of smells the way jello does when it’s still hot and liquidy.

I do taste the apple most of all but then melon. I don’t really taste the hibiscus at all… its probably responsible for the tartness though.

So what are everyone’s favorites from DAVIDsTEA?

sherapop

Jasmine Pearls. ;-)

Nxtdoor

Goji pop.

Mmm this tea is good and so different from anything I’ve had, which adds points for sure! I don’t know what goji berry tastes like, but this is delicious. Even though it does taste a bit like melon (I hate melons, yes even watermelon) it totally works in this tea! Even though it doesn’t have any bamboo in it, I get the same mouthfeel that I really liked from DT’s bamboozled. This tasting note is not great because I’m having trouble picking out the individual flavors. It’s just a really refreshing fruity mashup that my tastebuds are completely loving!

At long last, I got this as a TTG today, iced. I admit, I have been terribly terribly afraid of this one. Afraid of the tart. But something inside me said “Go for it, girl!” and so I did. The SA also said it has less hibby than Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait, so that helped.

It is still tart, but not punch me in the face tart that I usually get from hibiscus in tea. It’s actually pretty good. I don’t know if I would get any of this on a regular basis, but I might play around with it as a cold brew sometime over the summer.

I’m so happy that I tried this, and don’t hate it. I don’t LOVE it, but it is better than I expected.

Caffeine Free Tea Box

I think I’ll keep this one. It seems like everything David’s Tea that I got is meant to be iced. I’m sure this will be much better cold. I wish they chose better apples though, instead of these sour ones.

So things are pretty sad right now. I decided to come clean about something that a very close friend / colleague was planning at work and now things are tense as all hell. She tried to convince everyone to come in an hour late on the day before the supervisor was supposed to leave for vacation, and when everybody finally showed up, they would go into the CEO’s office and demand that the supervisor be fired. She wanted to do it on the day before the supervisor left for vacation because she wanted to ruin the poor girl’s vacation. The super hypocritical thing is that she would’ve been on vacation on that day, so no consequences would’ve applied to her for refusing to work. She keeps telling me that the bosses love her and that they promised her a promotion in September. There is something awfully wrong about sucking up to the bosses for a promotion and then going behind their backs to fuck with their company. At least I think so.

The whole ‘revolution’ did not end up happening because some people tried to talk some sense into her, telling her that she can’t just fuck with everyone’s minds and jobs over her own problems with management. But that whole situation kept bothering me and it was a huge weight on my shoulders. I knew it would come out eventually (as all stories in offices usually do) and I didn’t want anyone to say “Well Virginia agreed” or “Well Virginia is just as guilty because she knew and said nothing”. So I did what was right for me and I spoke up. I feel like a total piece of shit about it though. I called my colleague and told her it was me who spoke up, and needless to say she is pissed. But I choose honesty and loyalty to the ones I can trust over friendship with shady people any day.

On top of that, my baby’s father are in the process of seperating. I need to make more money for us so I decided to sell my tea, and my makeup. So now I have problems in the workplace, have become a single mother, and am forced to give up the things I love the most to be able to get through it. I’m pretty intensely down in the dumps. At least the response to my stash sale has been very positive and it’s working, so that’s good.

I wish I could get wasted and cry and throw a huge dramatic drunken scene but I have a baby to wake up for so I’m drowning my sorrows in my last few cups of tea. All this to say although I will keep logging on, you probably won’t see tasting notes for a while, since, well, I will have no tea to write about soon lol.

So thank you to everybody who has helped me with my stash sale and I will be living vicariously through everyone’s tasting notes for a while, but I know things will get better and one day I will have a tea cupboard to call my own again.

To anyone who read this whole thing, thanks for caring :P

boychik

So sorry! Hugs

Leah Naomi

You are absolutely not a piece of shit. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do. That girl dug her own grave by being SO free with her unprofessionalism, and you have much bigger things to worry about than a coworker who needs to learn a thing or two about ethics. Wishing you tons of good thoughts.

hippiechick 42

So sorry! Just know that you did the right thing!

Marzipan

I don’t think being honest is ever the wrong decision. Keep your chin up!

hugs you WILL get through this… keep on, keepin’ on…

mj

Ugh, I’ve totally been there with awful coworkers and a tense work environment. I can be so stressful! The most I can do is tell you that I am so sympathetic and 100% supportive of you. I wish I could do more….hugs!

sundaysipping

hugs I am so sorry you’re going through all this.

Tealizzy

Wow! That is a lot to handle! Hugs!!

Miss Starfish

Wishing you the best

Got this iced today and it was good but nothing mind blowing. I won’t be stocking it anytime soon but it is something I would pick up every now and then as a to-go cup.

I’ve never tried goji berries so I have no idea what they taste like, but I got this to-go as a tea pop from David’s Tea today. It was kind of tart, but I tasted melon the most strongly. Not bad, but I’d probably only get it to go, rather than stocking it at home.