Goji Pop

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Citrus, Melon, Butter, Stonefruits, Honeydew
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Sipdown! Tart and tasty, though it's not quite as good as I remember. Probably won't re-stock this one for a while, as I don't think it's a blend that will be discontinued so I should have nothing...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “A friend came over earlier this afternoon to have tea together and catch up. I had a jug of this cold steeping in the fridge since last night so we opted for that since it's been quite a warm...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! There was a snail floating in my tea as it steeping this morning! I am officially turned off! and I was going to make a lemonade based iced tea with...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “I'm sick. Like really, seriously, worthless, coughing a lung up, sick! How does a SoCal vegan girl who drinks at least one glass of green juice a day, and who works out religiously get a f'n chest...” Read full tasting note
    CraftyVeganJenn 150 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Spring eternal

Legend has it that Li Ching-Yuen was born in China in 1677 and died 256 years later in New York. His secret? Goji berries. Your secret? This hot pink tea filled with sweet, sweet goji berries, rosehips, citrusy lemon oil, apple, melon, marigold and hibiscus. It’s probably the most delicious longevity formula ever. Which is key, since you’ll be popping it for the next two centuries. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple pieces, goji berries, hibiscus blossoms, rosehip peel, honeydew melon cubes, marigold petals. With artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Finished this today as part of my quest to… finish off the teas that I only have a little bit of. It smells and tastes very energizing, especially for an herbal! The colour is such a nice bright pinky red. It’s tart and sweet and a little thin. I think it would be great iced! Too bad I just finished off the bag…

SunnyinNY

I love gojiberry teas. They are wonderful! And they do work great iced.

I don’t know why but every time i drink this tea i get a metallic after taste in my mouth. Its not a very pleasant taste, this tea just doesn’t agree with my taste buds.

Apple pieces, goji berries, hibiscus, honeydew cubes?
What kind of tea has apple pieces as the main ingredient? lol this one does.
It smells like candy! but after you brew it, it tastes like tart pink lemonade.. how odd.
Actually I don’t really know why Pink Flamingo and this are sold together… I think they taste almost the same, but I’m going to give Pink Flamingo the edge here. This one is chunkier, bigger pieces of everything but the taste that comes out is oh so familiar.

Now first off, it smells like candy, like literally candy. So peculiar, when it’s ready to go, it becomes… lemonade! wow. I don’t know what to say. Hmm so Pink Flamingo tastes abit better but comes in smaller chunks and tiny pieces of lemongrass and blackberry leaves and smells more like grapefruit. It’s really up to you but I find it less tart than Goji Pop. Note: I have TONS of dried Goji berries at home, so i know exactly how they taste like because I often slip some in to the tea I am brewing.

aisling of tea

I’m with you on this one. I was crazy for Goji Pop when it first came out, but now when given the choice between the two, I’d prefer pink flamingo, though really, the hibiscus in both has really put me off lately. I had a really bad experience with hibiscus recently and though DT handles their hibiscus really well, just a hint of it sets me off. Blegh. Why ruin a perfectly good tea with the stuff?

politicalmachine

agreed, they could definitely use less of the stuff, but i think they will keep putting it in mainly for the colour.

This is the last of the goji pop :( It’s my favorite herbal tea to date. Sure it has hibiscus, but the hibiscus doesn’t go around dominating all other lifeforms the way it does in most herbals. Thank God David’s spring collection comes out tomorrow so I can start planning my next order.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Dry Leaf Nose: Light melon notes with a sweet lemon background.

Liquor: Beautiful pink colour, clear and bright, with a sweet melon/lemon aroma.

Flavour: Markedly sweet but not cloying, and with a clean finish. The character of the cup is sweet melon/lemon. The sweetness comes from the goji berries and the apple.

i drank this one ages ago and never reviewed it. i’m just not that in to the fruity herbal teas i guess. even if it’s scorching hot out and the ice cubes are tumbling.
i made a mason jar of this cold brewed a few weeks ago and it just sat in the fridge for a month until i decided i should just throw it out. I KNOW SO SAD! i’m sorry to all of you goji pop lovers out there for this horrible travesty. i’ll try again with more vigor soon.

Everyone seems to be going crazy for goji berries since they have been put in the spotlight of health media due to their natural antioxidant properties. I have a big bag of dried goji berries and I quite like their taste and texture dried so I thought why not give it a go!

The bitterness of the goji mixed with the hibiscus and rose hip leave you wanting to add honey for sweetness; but it does have quite a strong full bodied fruity taste at the same time. I really don’t have too much to say about this tea. I thought it was good, and I really liked how the tea puffed up after being steeped. :)

Brilliant bright pinkish orange colour too which was aesthetically pleasing! I think I may buy this again.. ;)

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

Hmm this tea is weird. It steeps to a nice pretty color and smells delicious, but wen I drink it straight without anything… there’s not much flavor. BUT. Add a little honey and it’s transformed into a juicy, lemony, berry deliciousness! I tried it hot which was not very good but poured over ice is amazingggg. Like everyone else said, it’s thirst-quenching and I chugged my glass down after mopping the floors at work.

My one issue is the weight/bulk of it. I bought a 50g bag to try and after making one cup a little less than half the bag was gone! it’s pretty expensive for what you get, maybe David’s should sell this one differently but that’s just my opinion.

I think I’m gonna try mixing this with Perrier for a study drink/treat.

The dry smells very fruity and good. The steeped tisane smells tarter… like goji and lemon with a faint hint of melon -so it’s smelling pleasantly like its ingredients. Good so far!

Brewed as prescribed, this is another tisane that comes across as a bit watery. It is pleasantly and lightly tart, with a citrusy-berry flavor that lingers a little.

It’s another for trades, for me. I don’t care for it enough to have any more but could see how someone into tisanes might like it.

Once I got the little sample tin open (and that was almost a mess) the smell of the tea had my mouth watering. However, what I’m tasting is a whole lot of TART. It isn’t a bad thing. I just thought the sweet smell prior to infusion would carry over into taste. Not getting that with this cup. I’m trying not to add sweetener of any kind to my teas these days and just drink them straight up. But I may need to make an exception here before I’m completely done with this cup.