Countess of Seville (organic)

Fruit Green Blend
Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “This is yet another tea that we purchased, sampled once or twice and promptly lost in the back of the cupboard. I decided to try this again today at switchboard because the aroma was SO appealing!...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 699 tasting notes
  • “Got this iced and to-go when I found myself in DAVIDs. I went to the mall to buy gloves and somehow that resulted with me buying more tea. I almost grabbed 10 g of this but tbh, I am glad I didn't....” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2003 tasting notes
  • “And I'm one cup away from a sipdown of this. :( Too bad as this is a green that I can get behind! I'm rewatching Doctor Who now that it's on netflix, but OMG, those early episodes are really...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “I haven’t tried an Earl Grey green before, but I’ve heard good things! So, I picked up a sample of this back in June when I visited DAVIDsTEA in New York City and have held on to it ever since. ...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 531 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sweet orange

There are so many rumours about Earl Grey and his gallivanting ways. We like this one, about a trip he took to Spain. It’s said he fell for the Countess of Seville, a beautiful, dark-haired woman with a penchant for oranges. But did he really woo her with this green tea scented with bergamot and orange oil, cornflowers and orange zest? Either way, it’s a sweet, romantic twist on his original recipe.

Ingredients: Organic: green tea (Zhejiang Province, China), orange peel, cornflowers. With orange and bergamot oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I love Earl Grey tea and most assorted variations of it. Something about the citrusy bergamot serves to wake me up in the morning and soothe me in the evening after a day of work. This is the first green tea Earl Grey that I have tried, and I have to say I like it!

The scent of this tea from the bag is very strong and it’s all ORANGE orange ORANGE. You can smell the orange peel and orange fruit and maybe a slight hint of muskiness from the green tea leaves. After brewing the scent tones down a bit, making it more similar to typical Earl Greys. The color from this tea is not very strong, it looks like any old green tea (pardon me while green tea enthusiasts cough and beg to differ). The taste of the tea is amazingly like Earl Grey. If someone handed me a cup blind, I would proclaim it delicious and request they steep it slightly longer because it is missing the black tea undertones. The green tea leaves act as a carrier for all the orangey bergamot, you cannot taste the green tea at all – and yet the taste is different than if one had simply stuck a couple orange peels or drops of bergamot oil into a teapot of water. The green tea gives it body, but goes completely undetected. The ingredient list mentions cornflowers, which you can kind of see in the loose tea, but I don’t taste them at all. Granted, I don’t really know what they’re supposed to taste like.

The second steeping was just as good as the first, but by the third it started to lose flavor. All in all, delicious! It won’t replace my staple black tea Earl Greys, but it’s a nice addition to my collection. I believe it has less caffeine than my black teas, which could come in handy.

{Backlogged Review}

The Countess took me by surprise. I bought it on a whim as I was trying to break out of my tea-drinking preferences, and I’m glad I did. It is so mild and delicate, and yet a lovely cup to sit and sip when I’m doing my morning emails or flipping through a book at night. The orange notes are definitely there, blending seamlessly with the green tea to make a lovely cup that I reached for more often than I expected. I’m already out and will definitely be stocking up again.

5/24
horray! another citrusy green to add to my collection. what a wonderful combo.
nice, light green flavour with a hit of citrus.
definitely adding to my shopping list!

Not an earl grey fan, but I didn’t find this tea too terrible. What I really liked was the citrus note to make this tea nicer to drink. I don’t have much to say about this one lol

Mild tasting. More of a light, bright citrus than floral. Scent of dried tea changes dratically when steeped – scent becomes less "perfume-like and more light and orange-like.

Flavors: Orange Zest

3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 9 OZ / 275 ML

I was a little wary to try this one – I’m not a big green tea drinker. But I do enjoy all things Earl Grey, so I eventually caved and got this a to-go. Mmmm. I quite enjoyed it! Definitely confirmed my preference for flavoured green teas over the straight.

I have been really enjoying this tea for a few weeks now. I tend to just keep a couple teas at work and rotate them but this one has not been rotated out for a few weeks now! I must say once it is cold it has no appeal to me but otherwise has been doing quite nice for 2-3 steeps! It is nice and light through the day and doesn’t really overpower my taste buds in any way.

I typically prefer black tea to green tea and I am fairly new to loose teas in general. I do enjoy citrus (orange, lemon, bergamot) in my teas so I figured I’d purchase 25g while at DAVIDsTEA in Quebec City.

I must say I really like it. Perhaps I haven’t liked green tea in the past because I used to steep it with boiling water (whoops!). Following the instructions provided I really enjoyed this light and fragrant tea. Second steep was quite good as well.

I still prefer black tea to green, but I could see myself purchasing this again.

I know a few people who really, really love this and I really, really don’t. I think it’s the bergamot. I’m not sure I like it. I’m not really an earl grey fan anyway so not a surprise.

This is such a great refreshing tea, and a nice twist on the traditional Earl Grey blend. The green tea makes it lighter in body and the orange gives it a brightness that counteracts the sometimes bitter edge bergamot can have.