Countess of Seville (organic)

Green Tea
Bergamot Oil, Cornflower Petals, Green Tea, Orange Oil, Orange Peel
Bergamot, Earl Grey, Green, Orange Blossom, Orange Zest, Lemon, Citrus, Soap
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by De

• “This is yet another tea that we purchased, sampled once or twice and promptly lost in the back of the cupboard. I decided to try this again today at switchboard because the aroma was SO appealing!...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 707 tasting notes
  • “Got this iced and to-go when I found myself in DAVIDs. I went to the mall to buy gloves and somehow that resulted with me buying more tea. I almost grabbed 10 g of this but tbh, I am glad I...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2379 tasting notes
  • “And I’m one cup away from a sipdown of this. :( Too bad as this is a green that I can get behind! I’m rewatching Doctor Who now that it’s on netflix, but Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “I haven’t tried an Earl Grey green before, but I’ve heard good things! So, I picked up a sample of this back in June when I visited DAVIDsTEA in New York City and have held on to it ever since. ...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 609 tasting notes

Sweet orange

There are so many rumours about Earl Grey and his gallivanting ways. We like this one, about a trip he took to Spain. It’s said he fell for the Countess of Seville, a beautiful, dark-haired woman with a penchant for oranges. But did he really woo her with this green tea scented with bergamot and orange oil, cornflowers and orange zest? Either way, it’s a sweet, romantic twist on his original recipe.

Ingredients: Organic: green tea (Zhejiang Province, China), orange peel, cornflowers. With orange and bergamot oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Mild tasting. More of a light, bright citrus than floral. Scent of dried tea changes dratically when steeped – scent becomes less "perfume-like and more light and orange-like.

Flavors: Orange Zest

3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 9 OZ / 275 ML

I was a little wary to try this one – I’m not a big green tea drinker. But I do enjoy all things Earl Grey, so I eventually caved and got this a to-go. Mmmm. I quite enjoyed it! Definitely confirmed my preference for flavoured green teas over the straight.

I have been really enjoying this tea for a few weeks now. I tend to just keep a couple teas at work and rotate them but this one has not been rotated out for a few weeks now! I must say once it is cold it has no appeal to me but otherwise has been doing quite nice for 2-3 steeps! It is nice and light through the day and doesn’t really overpower my taste buds in any way.

I typically prefer black tea to green tea and I am fairly new to loose teas in general. I do enjoy citrus (orange, lemon, bergamot) in my teas so I figured I’d purchase 25g while at DAVIDsTEA in Quebec City.

I must say I really like it. Perhaps I haven’t liked green tea in the past because I used to steep it with boiling water (whoops!). Following the instructions provided I really enjoyed this light and fragrant tea. Second steep was quite good as well.

I still prefer black tea to green, but I could see myself purchasing this again.

I know a few people who really, really love this and I really, really don’t. I think it’s the bergamot. I’m not sure I like it. I’m not really an earl grey fan anyway so not a surprise.

This is such a great refreshing tea, and a nice twist on the traditional Earl Grey blend. The green tea makes it lighter in body and the orange gives it a brightness that counteracts the sometimes bitter edge bergamot can have.

After a long day at work I decided to try this one from my 24 Days calendar… The first few sips were definite green tea – but then the taste became something else as well. After reading other posters’ comments I have to agree with it tasting a bit like an Earl Grey (although I also still get the green tea taste, akin to the cheep green tea I’ve bought from Superstore or Walmart). I’m still undecided as to whether this is a tea that I would go out and buy, but it is one that I am going to resteep tonight and enjoy some more before having a post dinner tea latte ;)

I love citrus in my tea, but I’ve got to say that this blend isn’t thr best I’ve had. It’s good, don’t get me wrong, but if I’m going for my citrus kick I think I’d rather go eith citrin oolong or the skinny.

This green tea is pretty great, especially if you’re into strong orange flavors. It’s a lot like a more hardcore version of Earl Grey, where bergamot reigns supreme and you can actually taste distinct orange oil with a slight hint of some flowers. Sweeter than EG too. It’s the most black tasting green tea I’ve ever had. Pretty slammin’.

This tea has a very light citrus flavour and the bergamot creates a very smooth taste that makes it easy to drink.

That said, I think this tea is a bit too mild for me. If one doesn’t really like grassy flavour typical of some green teas, I can see the appeal of this particular blend, but I would personally like something with a bolder taste.