Countess of Seville (organic)

Green Tea
Bergamot Oil, Cornflower Petals, Green Tea, Orange Oil, Orange Peel
Bergamot, Orange Zest, Earl Grey, Green, Orange Blossom, Lemon, Citrus, Soap
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by De

• “This is yet another tea that we purchased, sampled once or twice and promptly lost in the back of the cupboard. I decided to try this again today at switchboard because the aroma was SO appealing!...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 709 tasting notes
  • “Got this iced and to-go when I found myself in DAVIDs. I went to the mall to buy gloves and somehow that resulted with me buying more tea. I almost grabbed 10 g of this but tbh, I am glad I...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 3002 tasting notes
  • “And I’m one cup away from a sipdown of this. :( Too bad as this is a green that I can get behind! I’m rewatching Doctor Who now that it’s on netflix, but Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1779 tasting notes
  • “I haven’t tried an Earl Grey green before, but I’ve heard good things! So, I picked up a sample of this back in June when I visited DAVIDsTEA in New York City and have held on to it ever since. ...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 634 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sweet orange

There are so many rumours about Earl Grey and his gallivanting ways. We like this one, about a trip he took to Spain. It’s said he fell for the Countess of Seville, a beautiful, dark-haired woman with a penchant for oranges. But did he really woo her with this green tea scented with bergamot and orange oil, cornflowers and orange zest? Either way, it’s a sweet, romantic twist on his original recipe.

Ingredients: Organic: green tea (Zhejiang Province, China), orange peel, cornflowers. With orange and bergamot oil.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I had an entire cuppa this yesterday and only felt a teeny bit queasy after!!! and I liked it!!! WHAT IS GOING ON?!
It was all lemony goodness and green tea, I didn’t taste any eeeevil berg at all?! I didn’t see berg on the ingredients. Maybe I had a version without?
Sometimes green tea makes me feel a bit off, so I figured that was why but I checked the ingredients anyhow, just to be sure(which is when I discovered the bergness)… Hmm.
Anyhow, I think this is the first berg tea I’ve ever enjoyed a cup of. And that I would recommend!
The citrus is zesty and refreshing. I’d like it to be a bit more zingy but beggars can’t be choosers :P

DAVID’s has had this tea around for a long time but it’s never interested me before. Recently though I went through on DAVID’s website and decided to pick up this one (along with 13 other types of tea!-only 10-26grams of each, though) since it’s basically an earl grey green tea.

When smelling the dry leaves it’s smells citrusy and bergamot-y and awesome. I brewed this up for work and it tasted quite bergamot-y with a sweeter-green tea undertone, but for the first bit it had a soap undertone. Weird. As the tea cooled down though I wasn’t getting the soap taste anymore though. I read through the tasting notes and I’m apparently not the only one who recognized it.

Either way, I love the idea of this tea because I love early grey but don’t drink a lot of black tea-maybe it just has to grow on me a little. For now I’ll leave the rating at a 75 and I’ll see if that soapiness goes away.

UPDATE: When I brewed this tea up in my individual teapot and drank it out of a tea cup it did not have that soapiness nearly as much. I’m updating this ta to a 79.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus, Soap

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 30 sec 16 OZ / 473 ML

I’m not a fan of green tea unless it’s got citrus notes, which this tea has in spades!! The smell is heavenly if you like earl grey. The second I sipped it, I feel like my pupils turned into little hearts because I loved it so much – the flavour profile is absolutely perfect. Zesty and comforting at once. It might just be that it was the first caffeine I’d had all day at 3 pm, but there was way more of a caffeine kick than I usually get with green teas. Will definitely have to buy more!

I put this on my Christmas list because I was looking for a green tea that wasn’t too fruity. I was not sure if I would like this tea so I only asked for 50g. Well my boyfriend decided not to look at the amounts I requested for each tea and bought me 100g of this. When I first opened the bag it smelled very strongly of citrus and bergamot. Initially I wasn’t too attracted to the smell. My first brewed cup I thought this tea was just okay. It reminded me of an earl grey tea, which I am not usually a big fan of. I figured that this was one tea that I wouldn’t be reaching for too often. However, in the last couple of weeks this has been the tea that I’ve been gravitating towards whenever I’m getting ready to make a tea to take to work with me. It’s simple and continues to taste good when it cools. Also, I caught a cold and have been sick for the past 3 days. I’ve been drinking this tea mixed with lemon and honey and it is quite good. So surprisingly this tea is one that has grown on me and now I’m glad that I got 100g of this.

Mild tasting. More of a light, bright citrus than floral. Scent of dried tea changes dratically when steeped – scent becomes less "perfume-like and more light and orange-like.

Flavors: Orange Zest

3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 9 OZ / 275 ML

I was a little wary to try this one – I’m not a big green tea drinker. But I do enjoy all things Earl Grey, so I eventually caved and got this a to-go. Mmmm. I quite enjoyed it! Definitely confirmed my preference for flavoured green teas over the straight.

I have been really enjoying this tea for a few weeks now. I tend to just keep a couple teas at work and rotate them but this one has not been rotated out for a few weeks now! I must say once it is cold it has no appeal to me but otherwise has been doing quite nice for 2-3 steeps! It is nice and light through the day and doesn’t really overpower my taste buds in any way.

I typically prefer black tea to green tea and I am fairly new to loose teas in general. I do enjoy citrus (orange, lemon, bergamot) in my teas so I figured I’d purchase 25g while at DAVIDsTEA in Quebec City.

I must say I really like it. Perhaps I haven’t liked green tea in the past because I used to steep it with boiling water (whoops!). Following the instructions provided I really enjoyed this light and fragrant tea. Second steep was quite good as well.

I still prefer black tea to green, but I could see myself purchasing this again.

I know a few people who really, really love this and I really, really don’t. I think it’s the bergamot. I’m not sure I like it. I’m not really an earl grey fan anyway so not a surprise.

This is such a great refreshing tea, and a nice twist on the traditional Earl Grey blend. The green tea makes it lighter in body and the orange gives it a brightness that counteracts the sometimes bitter edge bergamot can have.