Matcha Genmaicha

Green Tea
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by rockshandy

From DAVIDsTEA

This is one of those happily-ever-after stories. First, some genius came up with the idea of putting roasted brown rice and sencha green tea together to make genmaicha. And then another genius thought, ‘Why not add a little matcha and see what happens?’ Here’s what happens: you get a totally fabulous tea that’s deeper in taste and colour, and higher in antioxidants. Nice!

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Not the best Matcha I have tried, but still decent. My main factor was that I just think it was too pricey for the amount given. Definitely better options out there that aren’t as costly.

I had a cup of this tea at the store on 3rd ave in NYC after Zumba class.
It was very relaxing to me and the taste was nice.

When I found Genmaicha Tea, I thought nothing would ever beat it! I love green tea, but the warm and toasty rice pushed my enjoyment way up. Genmaicha was created by Poor Japanese who added the toasted rice to their tea as a filler and to make it less costly. The unique flavour has caught on and it is now enjoyed by people like me! And now, you’ve taken my favourite tea and added matcha to it! If you don’t know, matcha is a fine powder that gives things like mochi and green tea ice cream their flavour! Matcha is high in – well – everything good!! Lots of antioxidents, and high in caffeine content, Matcha is a great energy provider. When you add it to Genmaicha the result is one healthy, warm, comforting, energizing, yummy cup of tea!

Great green tea. I’ve always enjoyed adding roasted brown rice to the mix. Very relaxing cup!

i love this tea ..it is every morning wake up call so sorry they dont sell it anymore and i have to mix my own :(

Tried this again with a lower temperature. It definitely tastes better than the first time around, resteep again was good. Upping my rating on this one. You need to use more than that 1 teaspoon they tell you to use. I really wish that they used a higher quality sencha on this and more matcha. Could’ve been something wonderful.