Long Life Oolong

Oolong Tea
Almonds, Apricot Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Natural Flavours, Oolong Tea, Orange Peel, Peach, Safflower Petals
Orange Zest, Peach, Apricot, Cream, Nuts
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by ashleeeyyy88

• “I got three steeps out of this today. The first one was perfection... fruitiness coming out in all the right places. The second was ok, not great but ok. And the third, well it was weak and had an...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1257 tasting notes
  • “I've been keeping jugs of various teas in my fridge, now that summer has finally come along, though they've mostly been herbals and the like. I keep trying to get my wife to taste them, and she...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1191 tasting notes
  • “I had this one a LONG time ago before I had joined steepster. This was one of the first teas that I ever tried. Anyway, having another go with this tea. It is just as good as I remembered. ...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 767 tasting notes
  • “I have had two "Mini Betty's" (a single serve brown teapot) of this today and there is last little bit left for when I get home. I wish there was a tea fairy that could deliver more to me! *sigh*...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Live long and prosper

Peach-scented oolong has long been popular in China – possibly because, in ancient legends, magical peaches were consumed by the gods to achieve immortality. The best way to make it? Place organic oolong in an airtight room with baskets of peaches to scent it. Then add peach and apricot
pieces, almond slices, orange peel and safflower petals. Immortality never tasted so sweet.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’ve finally come back to this tea. It was one of my first DT teas, but I just don’t find myself wanting it often. Today I made it chilled. The amazing weather has got me loving the cold tea.

This smells criminally good, dry. But iced it’s very similar to how I find it hot; underwhelming. It’s pleasant enough but I think the over-the-top incredible smell always clouds my judgement and makes me try to imagine it tastes better than it actually does. It’s really just okay. I want the peach to come through more but something about the balance of all the flavours seems a bit off. I don’t know. Nice tea, but not one I’ll likely re-stock.

Um. No. Just no. This is all peach and almond. The almond is slightly more dominant than the peach. They’re both fairly natural-tasting, but way way way too strong. An almond aftertaste lingered on my palate long after the sip and long after I was done with the cup. I couldn’t taste the tea base at all. The best I can say for this beverage is that the flavors are distinctly themselves (i.e., the almond tastes like almond, not marzipan, and the peach tastes like peach, not generic stone fruit).

Two wrapped sachets of this tea came in the sampler I picked up at David’s Boxing Day sale. I pawned the other one off on my officemate first chance I got. This is a total miss for me.

Tea #3 from the traveling tea box, I’m making good progress on it today.

I wish there would have been enough of this to cold steep, but it looks like there was only about 2 tablespoons in the package and I need at least 6 for my pitcher. I loved the combination of peach, apricot, and almond, those are some of my favorite flavors to find in a tea. I couldn’t really taste the almond or the orange peel in the final brew. This tea didn’t wow me, and tasted a bit artificial, but it was still nice to try it.

Finished off the last of the sample of this one that Courtney sent me. It’s very, VERY fruity, and I thoroughly enjoyed the infusions I had, but not one that I will need in my cupboard.

At least not right now, while I have Coconut Oolong and Vanilla Orchid Oolong, which I prefer.

Meh…normally I like this tea, but today, not so much. I think it is partly as this was a tea to go today, and it was put directly into my timolino. First, I don’t think there was enough agave in it; second, it took forever for it to cool, and that was with the lid off, that even after about 30 minutes or more of chatting with my friend, it still burnt my tongue(!); third, it got bitter after being in the main compartment under the strainer for so long.

None of these things are the fault of the tea, just the circumstances that they were prepared and drunk in.

Indigobloom

Sorry to hear that. Bad tea experiences like that are a serious mood killer :(

Amariel

It’s ok, I know I like it. But yeah, a little of a downer.

Another wonderful sample from Awkward Soul! I’m really enjoying trying all these new teas.

Right after I poured the hot water over the teaball, I took a good sniff and smelled peaches and grass. Interesting! Once it cooled, the first half of the cup all I tasted was fresh, juicy peaches with a hint of apricot. No almond or orange peel or oolong. Toward the end of the cup I started to taste the earthy, grassy oolong. That was fine, but I preferred the juicy peachy part! :-) I never did get the flavor of almonds or orange peel. Anyway, this was a nice tea to try, and I’d recommend it for stone fruit lovers who like the grassy, earthy taste of oolong.

I was somewhat excited to try this. I do like my oolongs simple with nothing added.. but I figured I might as well try this too.
Dry: Smells pretty peachy apricot wonderful. Yum. Nice pieces of almond and orange peel.
Liquor: Um.. okay ew. For some reason the color of the ‘tea’ has turned into an electric yellowish amber that reminds me of the antiseptic liquid they apply just before surgery to sterilize the area. I hope they didn’t add a dye to this tea under ‘flavouring’. Guh! The peach is definitely present, same with some apricot tones. I sense a little oolong playing around under all the stone fruit tastes. Oh boy..I don’t even like to swirl my cup to try and cool down the tea as all I see against the white of the mug is antiseptic wash >.< Aftertaste is a little juicy.. nice. I think this one tastes best luke warm (have yet to try it cold). It’s a lot more juicy and I could definitely see myself incorporating this into a skinny peachy summer drink..
It’s good.

Another DavidsTea sample thanks to DaisyChubb! Thanks for sending me the last of your packet of this to try, you are too kind! This one smells peachy peachy peachy dry. It’s not what I would consider an absolutely natural smelling aroma—it’s not what most peaches smell like when bitten into—but it’s still a very pleasant one. The slightly rolled green oolong leaves are mostly buried in a relatively fine powder of flower petals, with some obvious fruit and almond chunks in the mix. Steeped, the aroma of the peach has transformed into a more natural profile, like the smell of baked peaches. This mental picture is helped by the buttery oolong scent that has joined it. The liquor is murky with an odd color that looks reddish amber in the middle but intense yellow on the edges. I find it hard to believe that there isn’t also saffron in this mix, but it doesn’t show up in the ingredients.

I’m unsure if I got a good tea:extras ratio here because there was so much flower petal powder in the bag, I just dumped the rest of it into my steeping basket. Still, it’s a nicely flavored tea, with different flavors that are distinct but also work together pretty well. That tart, fruity peach flavor is there of course, along with an almondy nuttiness. I don’t get as much buttery flavor as I did scent, and the green, fresh notes I would expect from the oolong are a bit suppressed here. There is a kind of rich, almost savory note in the back of the aftertaste at times… which also makes me think of saffron. Overall a pretty tasty cup of tea, especially for anyone who’s a huge peach fan.

Update: I tried a second steep of this after rinsing some of the “yellow” off and got a cup that actually looked like tea (clear orangey-yellow), and tasted like tart, fresh peaches with a lightly vegetal, greenish accompaniment. I do think I prefer it in this second steep.

I really like this tea, it is full of peach taste and almonds and I love oolong tea, so this is a great tea for me.

This is a very good, earthy, natural tasting flavored tea. The peach and apricot flavors blend very well with the tea base. I really like the hint of citrus. Can’t wait to have this one again.