Honey Bee

Honeybush Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Floral, Marshmallow, Sweet, Honey, Artificial, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Rooibos, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Get busy

This honey-flavoured, honeybush tea is just about the sweetest energy-enhancer around. It has all the zest of real lemon and lemon myrtle, and all the smooth flavour of rooibos and green rooibos. But the real secret ingredient? Green maté. It provides a beautiful burst of energy for both mind and body. Strewn with calendula petals and cornflowers, this is the nectar of choice for busy bees.

Ingredients: Red and green rooibos, honeybush, green mate, lemon bits, lemon myrtle, calendula petals, blue cornflowers. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Day 20 of my Advent Calendar.

Dry leaves smell like honey and tea.

Steeping i smell the honey bush and mate teas then the honey, lemon in the background there too. The Liqueur is a lovely warm honey color.

Time to taste: i taste honey but it isn’t sweet it’s kind of a weird association it tastes good I’m just not used to it, it’s velvety too and i can feel the caffeine already, maybe that’s psychosomatic lol. i think i’m gonna try this sweetened with agave.

better sweetened now i’m getting floral notes interesting tea adding this to my shopping list!

Tried this today in store, and it actually did remind me of a honeybee (weird). Sweet but with an earthy fuzziness to it. Very tasty and gave me a bit of an energy boost.

This tea is really good… Very sweet. It tastes like someone added a lot of honey to my tea. Normally I don’t add honey to my tea but here it works. It’s too bad this is a mate because it would be great as an herbal. I was sick last week and tea seems like it would be really soothing when you have a cold. Might be one of those teas that have a permanent spot in my home.

I wasn’t expecting this tea to wake me up because it’s herbal. It’s keeping me awake but not giving me an energy boost. I am pleasantly surprised with this tea. I like the smell and the taste. Even after brewing for about 30 minutes during my morning commute, it still tastes delicious. I have to be careful how I brew it — since the tea is so fine, I have to use my finest mesh strainer otherwise I’m stuck eating a bunch of leaves.

The flavor is sweet, verging on too sweet, but it never gets too excessive. It’s smooth and almost buttery (reminds me of Toasted Walnut by DavidsTea). The nutty aroma matches the steeped taste perfectly. No false advertising here!

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

It’s properly named. There really is a honey-like taste to the tea. Unfortunately a bitter/astringent taste followed it. The sweet/bitter mix was a bit too much for me. It wasn’t horrible, but I didn’t particularly want to finish drinking it, either.

Oversteeping and not sweetening could have been part of the problem. The only other mates I’ve had a lot of are Chocolate Rocket and Chai Amazonia, and I’ve let both steep for a looong time and don’t sweeten either. Neither suffers for it. Maybe Honey Bee does.

I have enough in my sample to make a couple more cups. I’ll try it again, steeping for the recommended time and maybe adding a sweetener.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

This one really surprised me. I never would have tried this one if a friend of mine hadn’t reccomended it to me as I am not the biggest fan of honey. But, to my surprise I really enjoyed it! I would definetely steep this again and maybe would try it as a latte aswell. I will definetely be buying more of this when the 20g sample I bought runs out. The honey flavour isnt as overwhelming as I had thought but it definetely does come through nicely. Like many of the other reviews, I was surprised that there is not even any honey in there! I expected there to be small pieces of crystalized honey or something. But, oh well…it tastes good so I’m going to drink it! :p

Yesterday while on the hunt for the last ounces of cookie dough I could get my hands on and as I asked for a latte the salesperson said this was her favourite as a latte, and let me tell you it is amazing as a latte. I normally hate the taste of honey, but this does it for me. I love love love it.

Despite my previous experiences with honeybush-based teas, I decided to give this mate tea a try because I needed a pick-me-up.

Unsweetened, this tea tastes a lot of honeybush (which is, again, to be expected) but the green/red rooibos blend is also noticeable. I could not taste the lemon myrtle. I decided to sweeten it with Republic of Tea’s Lemon Creme Honey, and it tasted considerably better! Definitely hits the spot!

I used to drink this tea hot, but today I tried it iced – great decision! I had cold-brewed it overnight and it was the perfect pick-me-up this morning. I added a little bit of honey, which I thought finished it off well (the smell of honey without the sweetness seems cruel to me). I find that this tea has much more flavour cold. It smells just as delicious either way, but I always thought it didn’t really taste like much until I iced it!

Iced 8 min or more

SO GOOD. It smells just like honey. Once steeped, it has a natural sweet taste to it. One of my all time favourites.