Honey Bee

Honey, Artificial, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Rooibos, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Get busy

This honey-flavoured, honeybush tea is just about the sweetest energy-enhancer around. It has all the zest of real lemon and lemon myrtle, and all the smooth flavour of rooibos and green rooibos. But the real secret ingredient? Green maté. It provides a beautiful burst of energy for both mind and body. Strewn with calendula petals and cornflowers, this is the nectar of choice for busy bees.

Ingredients: Red and green rooibos, honeybush, green mate, lemon bits, lemon myrtle, calendula petals, blue cornflowers. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Oh yes. Oh goodness yes. This tea is wonderful. It’s got a great honey aroma and the flavour is gorgeous. It’s pure honey. But it’s not sickly sweet, I don’t find. I’ll just keep adding water to the tea and it keeps tasting awesome. I do get a little bit of a kick from it, which is nice. I used to go for mate teas that were a lot more basic and a lot more bitter, so this has been a welcome addition to my collection. Unfortunately I only have a small amount because I got it in the Easter Tea Hunt, but I think this is officially one to add to the cupboard.

Flavors: Honey

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

It’s not good or bad just kinda awkward taste. it does taste like soap gum ( don’t know if that the right name in french it is gomme savon a little rectangular purple gum ) needed something to wake-up ( i work at night and this week they are repairing my street that mean no sleep at all ) and can’t drink coffee anymore since it’s destroy my stomach. I willdrink what left of my sample but wont get more

Method: 1.5 tsp, 8 oz, 185 degrees, 6 minutes, French Press

Dry Leaf & Brewing Aroma: Smells like honey. Nothing more, nothing less. LOL

Flavor: This tastes like honey. The tea is also sweet on its own, but I did add a little sweetener about half way through. It’s a pretty tea, with the cornflowers, and it also contains calendula petals, but all I can actually taste is honey. Honeys taste differently depending on the type of flowers. This reminds me most of a wildflower honey.

A small sample was given to me by a friend, and I like this tea, but I am really trying to stay away from artificial flavorings, which this contains. If you don’t care about that kind of thing, this tea is definitely tasty.

hapatite

No WONDER it tasted so good! I, too, am trying to stay away from added flavorings.

Sarsonator

I don’t mind natural flavors, but I just don’t see the need for artificial flavors in tea.

This tea is aptly named: honey is the predominant flavor throughout the process. Dry, in the bag, this tea smells 100% like honey in tea form. Brewed, it is very sweet and tastes like a green rooibos with loads and loads of honey in it. It’s a pretty-looking blend, with a nice balance of green, brown, yellow, and blue cornflowers. The citrus ingredients are more minimal in the flavor, and I can’t quite pick out the mate (or maybe the rooibos?) If you like nutty, honey, sweet, slightly roasted teas this one is for you. If you’re not as interested in honey flavoring or nutty mates maybe give this one a pass.

Flavors: Honey

Firstly it smells great. Fruity and herby at once. Tasting it is a complex kind of flavor. Almost sweet, almost fruity, almost herby, but none off them all at the same time.

Nope.

Simply put, this is not for me. The only things I’ve really ever loved that came from bees are the flavoured honeys from Davidstea as you really can’t taste the honey at all (plain honey to me is gross. Sorry to those that love it, I just can’t do it) and I had a lipbalm that my mom got for me from a honey place up in Port Loring area and it was really nice. Otherwise, honey and beeswax and all that isn’t my thing. Never has been.

This tea upon smelling it, I knew I wouldn’t care for it. It smells like beeswax to me. I wanted to get past that to taste it… still, no. Nope. No way. I feel like I’m drinking liquid beeswax and it’s just not for me in any way shape or form.

Sorry tea. It’s not you. It’s me. I’m not going to be saving the rest of this. Out it goes. SIPDOWN!

Edit: Couldn’t even get through only a few sips. The smell is just not for me… :(

Round Two – SUCCESS!

This is the second tea from the Easter Hunt. This one tastes just like it smells. It smells like smooth honey pollen and tastes wonderful. I wouldn’t expect a flowing honey flavor.

I didn’t need any sugar which was great!

I think I might try adding some honey next time just for fun. I wonder how this would be iced too! Fortunately hubby picked some up for me so I have more to play with.

Thinking the new Chocolate Macaroon will be next, it smells so good!

Ooooh no, not another mate…I got this as a sample, so I WILL try it. The aroma of the steeped tea is definitely very reminiscent of honey but it also smells strongly of mate, which is normal, but turns me off completely. The taste is actually much better than anticipated, the honey notes are beautiful, and the typical flavour of the mate is almost like lemon. Lemon + honey equals classic, so this is not so bad. There is the faintest bit of plastic-y taste…hm….strange…

All in all, not the best but not the worst.

Just an average tea for me, I think… I liked the honey taste, but I think there was too much straight rooibos taste for me in this one. I didn’t realise that was part of this blend, and I probably wouldn’t have gone for it, otherwise. Nice caffiene buzz (no pun intended, haha), though, which was appreciated. If I try this one again, I’ll probably add sweetener (which I don’t really like doing, because tea shouldn’t have to be additionally sweetened, in my opinion!)

I love Honey Bee maté – my wife sent it to me for Christmas, and it’s easily one of my favourite teas in my cupboard.

It has red and green rooibos, maté, lemon pieces, honeybush, lemon myrtle, calendula flowers and blue cornflowers.

It’s hot, it’s lemon-y, I don’t have to sweeten it, it’s tangy, it’s tart, but it’s not so overpowering that I have to be in the mood to drink it. It smells fantastic and is quickly taking up a place as a staple in my cupboard.

If you feel it necessary, you could add honey or sugar to this tea – I don’t, I don’t think it needs it, but you could certainly adjust this tea to suit your tastes. The only downside is that sometimes this tea can taste a little artificial, as with most David’s Tea – artificial ingredients are a factor.

That said, I still love it and consider it a favourite of mine.

Flavors: Artificial, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Rooibos