Honey Bee

Honeybush Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Floral, Honey, Lemon, Rooibos, Burnt, Flowers, Lavender, Perfume, Sweet, Caramel, Milk, Smooth, Vinegar, Creamy, Marshmallow, Artificial, Eucalyptus, Lemon Zest, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Get busy

This honey-flavoured, honeybush tea is just about the sweetest energy-enhancer around. It has all the zest of real lemon and lemon myrtle, and all the smooth flavour of rooibos and green rooibos. But the real secret ingredient? Green maté. It provides a beautiful burst of energy for both mind and body. Strewn with calendula petals and cornflowers, this is the nectar of choice for busy bees.

Ingredients: Red and green rooibos, honeybush, green mate, lemon bits, lemon myrtle, calendula petals, blue cornflowers. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

My favorite mate and go-to wake up tea – most mates are a little on the bitter side, or are paired with spicy flavors to mask that, but this one is sweet and smooth. The honey smell is admittedly very strong and might bother some people who are sensitive, but I love to bury my nose in it.

Boiling 8 min or more 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I went into David’s and decided to get this iced, I later purchased 50g of this delicious tea. Today I had it hot for the first time and omg it was good. I put a little agave in it because that’s what I did when I got it iced and it almost tasted like a fruity, sweet juice. I could definitely taste the honey, rooibos and lemon. So good!

Flavors: Floral, Honey, Lemon, Rooibos

185 °F / 85 °C 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Holy Shanghai.
This may be one of the worst teas I’ve ever tried.
It surpasses all of the woody black teas I’ve tried even.
It’s like lavender, honey, and flowers mixed with something burnt..that’s what it tastes like. But the smell was kinda sweet like honey, so I don’t know what on earth happened there. :/
It seriously tastes like a woman’s horrribleee perfume. You know those people. They think they just have the best perfume and use wayy too much, and when they walk into the room they knock out any other smell. And it’s just so so bad. If this tea was a smell it would literally suffocate me. It’s just THAT bad.
Pretty disappointed with this one actually…really thought I’d like it…
Just ew…
That is seriously my new least favorite tea from this company xD Wow. Was not expecting that at all. xD
Oh goodness, I’m so sorry I didn’t like it, Megan Low! Thank you for giving me a small amount so I didn’t waste that much! XD And thank you even more for helping me save money! I totally would have gotten this at some point xD

Flavors: Burnt, Flowers, Honey, Lavender, Perfume, Sweet

OMGsrsly

I must admit I’m super curious what you would have thought about their cola tea. :) I kind of regret not getting a bunch so I could share it with everyone!

Dustin

I was curious about this tea too. Maybe not so much anymore! I don’t think the taste of honey translates well into artificial flavors.
I think wearing too much scent is really rude. It’s the guys with their after shave and AXE that kill me and make me run for fresh air.

sweetea

This tasted exactly like how I imagined a Lush bath bomb would taste like. Really, really, definitely not my cup of tea.

TheKesser

Yeah I very much disliked this one too. It I had to guess what a bee would taste like, it would taste like this tea. YUCK!

Fjellrev

That’s hilarious, sweetea! Coincidence that the tea and bath bomb have the same name?

Cries because this tea is so good!!!

((Backstory under the cut!))

Enjoyed this tea to-go prepared in-store as an iced latte! Ahh upon first sip, it was a bit weird because I wasn’t expecting so much honey! But dude. The honey and the creaminess of the milk worked so well together. I asked for no sweetener and it was perfection. The honey was already sweet enough in this tea that sweetener was not needed. I never expected to like this tea so much! And I see that it’s in my cupboard? So I must have some stashed away somewhere!?! AHH I NEED IT IN MY LIFE NOW.

So pretty much, I had this on Thursday. Wednesday I had Happy Kombucha, and that was Trish’s favourite tea as a teapop. And on Thursday, I did my massive tea haul. Spent $45 at DAVIDs and $25 at Lupicia I’m not even sorry.
But after my tea haul, I decided to walk around the city and eat my cream puff (Beard Papa’s makes the absolute BEST cream puffs ever!!!). So when it hit 4:00, I went back to DAVIDs and the ladies there remembered me haha. I walked up to them and told them that I was headed home and won’t be back to the City in maybe a year or so, that’s why I’m trying to spend as much time at DAVIDs! hahah. But I was all I want tea to enjoy on the way home. I’m not picky so just make your favourite! Teapop, latte, hot or iced. It’s all on you :)
So Emmy made it for me and she was making me Honey Bee. I was a bit… ehh at first since I’ve never smelled it before, but if it’s her favourite then it must be good!
Then I heard the timer and saw how they were preparing it, and realized that there was so much more room up at the top of the cup and I was all…??
AND THEN MEGAN TOPS IT OFF WITH FOAMED MILK AND THEY MADE ME AN ICED LATTE AND I’VE NEVER HAD ONE BEFORE AND I’M ALL LASLK;DJLASDFJLK THANK BC LOVELY PEOPLE ARE LOVELY.

Oh my gosh it was so good.
You have no idea how great it was.
When all you people visit DAVIDs and don’t know what to get and want a tea to-go, ask for an iced Honey Bee latte. I had mine unsweetened with whole milk, but ahhhh SO GOOD.

Flavors: Caramel, Honey, Milk, Smooth

I was really unimpressed by this. It reminded me of a sweet vinegar (like balsamic) in both taste and smell and I just could not get over that. Beneath that maybe a touch of honey that seemed to disappear as I worked my way through the cup. There’s no way I would buy this again and making it through another cup isn’t something I’m looking forward to. It was not undrinkable, but I the entire time I was drinking it I was thinking “is it over yet?”.

Flavors: Vinegar

Maddy Barone

Sounds like one for me to avoid.

Fay

Yeah, considering how sensitive you’ve said you are towards sour I would stay far away from it.

I was so lucky to receive one perfect spoonful sample of this from a lovely lady in a tea loving fb group! I’m so happy to be able to try this. It smells like lush’s “Honey, I Washed The Kids” soap… and I LOVE that soap, so please tea be delicious….

- Steeps tea – YES! Its beee——licious! Mmmm. Such a smooth and creamy tea. I’m so tired at work and still have about 2 hrs left so this is definitely what I needed!

Also I’m so proud to say this is my first ever mate tea! Woohoo for trying an oolong last night and a mate tonight. I’m starting to feel more tea-versed.

Flavors: Creamy, Honey, Smooth

Ost

Mm! That sounds so good! That will have to go on my list of Davids’ teas to try! :D

This tea is terrible I ended up giving it away it taste like the lemon honey halls..

Not bad!

I’ve had a sample of this for a while now and never felt brave enough to try it. I found it while going through my tea cupboard and decided to try it out. This smells like floral and honey and tastes similar but with heavy marshmallow notes (or something like that … this tea tastes very fluffy to me). Not sure if it’s something I’d want in any appreciable quantity, but it’s good and I definitely regret not trying it sooner.

Flavors: Floral, Marshmallow, Sweet

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Oh yes. Oh goodness yes. This tea is wonderful. It’s got a great honey aroma and the flavour is gorgeous. It’s pure honey. But it’s not sickly sweet, I don’t find. I’ll just keep adding water to the tea and it keeps tasting awesome. I do get a little bit of a kick from it, which is nice. I used to go for mate teas that were a lot more basic and a lot more bitter, so this has been a welcome addition to my collection. Unfortunately I only have a small amount because I got it in the Easter Tea Hunt, but I think this is officially one to add to the cupboard.

Flavors: Honey

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

It’s not good or bad just kinda awkward taste. it does taste like soap gum ( don’t know if that the right name in french it is gomme savon a little rectangular purple gum ) needed something to wake-up ( i work at night and this week they are repairing my street that mean no sleep at all ) and can’t drink coffee anymore since it’s destroy my stomach. I willdrink what left of my sample but wont get more