Honey Bee

Honeybush Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Floral, Marshmallow, Sweet, Honey, Artificial, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Rooibos, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Get busy

This honey-flavoured, honeybush tea is just about the sweetest energy-enhancer around. It has all the zest of real lemon and lemon myrtle, and all the smooth flavour of rooibos and green rooibos. But the real secret ingredient? Green maté. It provides a beautiful burst of energy for both mind and body. Strewn with calendula petals and cornflowers, this is the nectar of choice for busy bees.

Ingredients: Red and green rooibos, honeybush, green mate, lemon bits, lemon myrtle, calendula petals, blue cornflowers. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Just an average tea for me, I think… I liked the honey taste, but I think there was too much straight rooibos taste for me in this one. I didn’t realise that was part of this blend, and I probably wouldn’t have gone for it, otherwise. Nice caffiene buzz (no pun intended, haha), though, which was appreciated. If I try this one again, I’ll probably add sweetener (which I don’t really like doing, because tea shouldn’t have to be additionally sweetened, in my opinion!)

I love Honey Bee maté – my wife sent it to me for Christmas, and it’s easily one of my favourite teas in my cupboard.

It has red and green rooibos, maté, lemon pieces, honeybush, lemon myrtle, calendula flowers and blue cornflowers.

It’s hot, it’s lemon-y, I don’t have to sweeten it, it’s tangy, it’s tart, but it’s not so overpowering that I have to be in the mood to drink it. It smells fantastic and is quickly taking up a place as a staple in my cupboard.

If you feel it necessary, you could add honey or sugar to this tea – I don’t, I don’t think it needs it, but you could certainly adjust this tea to suit your tastes. The only downside is that sometimes this tea can taste a little artificial, as with most David’s Tea – artificial ingredients are a factor.

That said, I still love it and consider it a favourite of mine.

Flavors: Artificial, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Rooibos

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 14 OZ / 400 ML

Ahhh, I want to love this tea, but I don’t! Its pretty true to it’s name, it smells very strongly of honey bush, and honey and I love mate, so this is a combination that I should not get enough of, but alas…I find this tea freaking brutally gross, and I think its because I’m partially allergic to it. ( I tend to sneeze and my eyes itch when the steam makes contact). I made the mistake of buying 4oz of it, and I think it will sit in my cupboard until I not longer feel guilty about throwing it out. It really is too strong in the honey bush department and quite sweet. I have even tried to mix it with other fruity teas to try to find a combination that is bearable, but I can’t! Honey bush takes over every thing. I haven’t even tried to cold steep, because I don’t think it will be worth it… it will always and forever be gross.

195 °F / 90 °C 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

The red and green rooibos have a nice mild taste. The mate has an earthy, woody taste. The honey bush and lemon bits also give it a sweeter essence. Delicious honey smell.

Flavors: Honey, Wood

This is the first mate tea I’ve enjoyed, after trying quite a few at Davids. Very sweet and yummy, nice flavor for year around.
Had it with natural agave, perfect.

Flavors: Honey

I feel like DavidsTea could omit the flavourings and create a really strong organic version of this tea, but that haven’t and I find the flavouring to be cloying and fake. Honeybush is strong on its own, why don’t you let it shine?

Great idea, execution could be better

Really tastes like honey! I prefer this iced. I don’t think I will re-buy, until summer at least. I definitely got energized after a few cups of this.

I LOVE this stuff, certainly got a buzz from the Mate, (no pun intended) Will buy this again, gave me that pop when I was needing it!

I went shopping at David’s today because I wanted to try some new samples. I got out with 8 bags of 25g: Coco Lemon Thai, Mom’s apple pie, Sugar and spice, Currant affair, Orange blossom, Happy Kombucha, Mago Lassi and, of course, Honey Bee. It’s the first one I tried.

Sooo.. Since we have a water distributor at work, I always use it to make hot water. The temperature is 73 C so that’s how hot i steeped it.Overall, I liked this tea. It tastes a little like when you are sick and you drink plenty of hot water with lemon and honey – because it’s so good – both of those tastes are well present in the cup. So yup, it’s a nice one. Am I gonna buy again? I may. It will not be a MUST in my collection, though, but I don’t regret buying it since I enjoyed it.

165 °F / 73 °C 8 min or more

Honey Bee is another tea I received as a birthday present. What a lovely tea this is. it is a blend of rooibos and mate tea with some lemon myrtle and flowery things.

It smells exactly like honey! I have no idea how this is even possible, it must be witchcraft. It’s actually incredible. However, it does not taste like honey (I wasn’t really expecting it to anyways). I mostly taste the rooibos flavor with a hint of lemon and a slight sweetness.

I love this tea. I will definitely drink this on those early mornings for a nice energy boost. It is best served hot, in my opinion.