Crème de Menthe

Herbal Pu-erh Blend
Cinnamon, Licorice, Mint, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Dark and nouveau-chic

It’s time to go retro and return this flavour to its rightful place as the Queen of Liqueurs. Are you ready to succumb to its charms? Our version is a rich, dark blend of organic pu’erh tea and peppermint, sweetened with all the creaminess of organic Madagascar vanilla, licorice and cinnamon. It’s as delicious as the original, only you can drink it everyday, all day. Now, that’s decadent.

Ingredients: Organic: Pu-erh (cooked, Shou type), cinnamon, peppermint, licorice root, vanilla bean.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Quite possibly my favourite mint tea AND my favourite pu’ehr, all in one cup! Rich, creamy, full-bodied tea with a sweet minty flavour. I absolutely despise licorice, and can’t detect any licorice in the flavour (yay!). Adding a bit of milk makes it taste like the base of chocolate chip mint ice cream

When you open the tin of dry tea, a waft of creamy mint overloads your senses – in a good way! It reminds me of those red and white swirl peppermint candies that dominate the holiday season.

Brewed, this tea is dark, earthy and rich in colour. The distinct smell of peppermint swirls about this murky yet intense liquid.

Sipping on this tea, you definitely taste the lush, earthy taste of the cooked pu’reh on your tastebuds, more than any of other flavours. The peppermint hits you like an afterthought in the back of your mouth, softened by the vanilla undertones and making you gently aware of the hollow of your throat, as if it has encompassed it in a soft embrace.

If you are not a fan of peppermint, this tea is not for you. If you don’t enjoy pu’reh, again, not for you.

I added a squirt of agave part way through my large tumbler, to see how the flavours might be enhanced. I found it brought out the delicate creaminess more. This would be a great tea to bake with.

This was good, creamy and minty. I like anything minty so it was good for me. I like that you can resteep this tea multiple times and the taste holds up farely well.

OH NO this tea will be gone soon… with all its smooth creamy minty joys… gotta stock up, or I’ll regret it :C

Hmm, so this is my first taste of a pu-erh tea, which means that I don’t have another to compare it to. Regardless, In terms of taste, this tea was not for me. It was very “muddy” tasting for lack of a better word when combined with milk and a little sugar. Perhaps, I’m not as big a fan of mint tea as I had previously thought, but this did not rub me the right way….

This was not what I expected, it fell flat that’s for sure. There was certainly mint in this tea, but that’s all I could taste. I had this hot, and from the store.

this is the first tea from the advent calendar i would actually buy. well, this time of year, anyway. green & fruity might be good for summer. but i digress.

this tea is delicious. it’s my first pu’erh and i will definitely try more.

I definitely catch the licorice and cinnamon in this… which I thought was unusual for a mint tea. But I didn’t get the vanilla much at all.

I’m a huge mint fan. Spearmint, peppermint, wintermint, whatever. I love it. Not so convinced I love this tea. It steeped to a dark color almost like coffee. It smelled almost… heady, but with an after-taste of mint. I can attest that when I first opened the tin, it totally hit me as “smelling like Christmas”. Once brewed, I didn’t mind it, and I finished my mug, but it didn’t leave me with the refreshing sensation of my usual favorite mint teas. And while I typically love cinnamon too, I’m not so sure I like the combination of cinnamon with mint. I can’t say I’ll buy this tea. I have too many other favorite mint teas!

This is my day #3 of the David’s Tea “24 Days of Tea” advent calendar.

The taste and smell of this tea is fairly consistent. I can’t pick up on the vanilla, but I can pick up a bit of cinnamon. Drinking this tea reminds me of eating delicious mint dark chocolate :)

I’m not one to go for mint tea’s usually, but I’ve tried a couple in the past and even enjoyed some of them, so decided to give this one a try. Looking at the dry leaf, I see cinnamon chips in it. Really? I thought this was supposed to be a mint tea.

The mint is mild, but evident. It tastes mostly of cinnamon, and as the cup cools, the licorice comes forward.

This is ok. David’s doesn’t sell it anymore (I think), so I’m happy to have tried it. Even if they did sell it, I probably wouldn’t feel the need to get any.