Happy Kombucha

Burnt, Mango, Peach, Tannin, Malt, Pineapple, Roasted
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Peace and love

Our deliciously fruity blend has its roots in the 1960s, when every cool hippie was growing kombucha. Today, hipsters are again promoting this fermented tea for its delicious taste and good vibes. We’ve combined it with oolong, mango, pineapple and safflowers to make it taste like a golden ray of psychedelic sunshine. Yeah.

Ingredients: Oolong tea, mango, pineapple, Kombucha Powder, safflower petals, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gluten-free wheat starch

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I had today off and couldn’t resist dropping by DT for the new tea of the month. This very much reminds me of Forbidden Fruit, but more tropical. It has the same juicy feel and the same dark oolong leaves. The scent of the tea dry is absolutely to die for. Mango is my favourite fruit, but this isn’t as flavourful as I’d expected.

Uniquity

I thought it might be an Aprl Foold because I couldn’t find it on the website yesterday…maybe they just didn’t have it up yet.

Jessie

Yeah, I was suspicious of everything all day. And had never heard of Kombucha. But, it’s real and it’s tasty (and online now).

Gong__Fu_Fighter

My wife loves mango tea…will have to check this one out for sure!

I havent tryed this one yet but I was doing some reading online and heard that this tea is potentionaly dangerous because of the kombutcha? I dont know if it was mostly reffering to home made or even the bought kind they said it can cause allergic reaction or infection from bacteria..has anyone heard or experianced this??? I just wanna know if its safe? :) thank you

TeaEqualsBliss

I think they mean generally-speaking home-made because of how it’s made.
This might be helpful

I believe this is just a flavoring-combo in this DavidsTEA (but I could be wrong)

Hope that helps a little.

crazy4u

Okay thank u so much

1 TB for 450mL water, bare.

This smells like the Long Life Oolong from DavidsTea, pleasantly peachy — although there is no peach in this blend. There is mango and pineapple and something, well, fermenty. But that’s supposed to be there.

I am not sure how this kombucha thing works. I thought kombucha was a leathery biomass that sits on top of fermeting liquid. Does this tea contain dried biomass? Or is kombucha the name of the liquid?

Anyway, the fermenty flavours in this blend do not agree with me. This tea tasted like peaches with malt vinegar. Acidic and strange and a bit sweaty. I could detect no oolong. Not for me.

Charles Thomas Draper

it should be the name of the liquid. you don’t consume the " leathery biomass ". the biomass sits on top of black tea with white sugar added for fermentation.

Michelle Butler Hallett

Thanks for clearing that up for me, Charles. I’d gotten conflicting infoormation.

Charles Thomas Draper

Oh yes, and cider vinegar….

I found a little sample of this that a friend had given me a while back. I figured might as well give it a go, even though I wasn’t really sure about it after looking up kombucha online.

It smells pretty good dry. It smells really fruity and yummy when steeped. It’s okay. Maybe I’m all weirded out by the idea of kombucha so it’s clouding my judgement. I don’t mind it. It’s pleasantly fruity with a bit of an earthy aftertaste. But, I like Long Life Oolong way better. I’m glad this was just a small sample.

Got this in store and did not realise that she had left the tea bag in, so it was . . . verrrrrry strong. It’s a generally sweet, kinda fruity tea. The kombucha is very powerful, with the earthy overtones of similarly-fermented pu’erh. I reach for it occasionally, but very occasionally.

Boiling 8 min or more

Backlogging:
I have a hard time loving Oolong, but I love Kombucha so this one makes it in my good graces. This one is so totally awesome dude (psychedelic even) :) It’s lovely and tropical and I’ve had it straight and with milk, and I think i prefer it without. If you have a hard time with Oolongs, try this one. Becareful to follow brewing instructions, it can be bitter if you oversteep.

ICED TEA MODE!

Thought I’d try and kill off older teas before the year ends.

Very oolongy, fruity and kinda weird earthy bite to it that remains as an aftertaste. Not bad iced with agave syrup, but I won’t be getting more of this tea.

Iced

Not much to say about this one, it was fruity – that telltale peach flavour David’s loves so much, but then the flavour fell flat mid sip. I’m not sure if I didn’t have enough leaf or… well – I’m just happy that I got this sample from my coworker. Who “only drinks coffee”. And now has 6 different teas on her desk, mwahaha

I love this one.

Much fruitier than my usual, but I’m trying to expand my tea cupboard since I can’t drink black tea any more. I enjoyed it. Quite sweet and fruity, but not very tea-like. I think sharing a cup with my daughter while we went shopping together will mean this tea will always remind me of a lovely afternoon. :)

This is my favourite tea right now (and pretty much always). I always re-steep a couple times and find that the third steep usually tastes best. I don’t normally do a fourth steep but right now I can’t remember if that’s because it doesn’t taste as good or if it’s just because I get a bit bored. I really find the mango to be the overwhelming fruit taste for me in the tea. I always let the water cool for a few minutes before I make it because I do find this is any easy tea to singe and get that bitter taste if you aren’t careful.

Love Love Love… This truly is my happy tea.

Amariel

I really like this tea too. I also get multiple steeps. How long do you steep for? I like this chilled as well, and I have been known to blend it with Toasted Walnut.

KG

I steep for 5 or 6 minutes for the first cup and a little bit longer each extra time. And I have never tried it with Toasted Walnut but I think I’m going to now that you said this! I just picked up Toasted Walnut today so I can make some yummy lattes!

KG

only, a little bit shorter each extra time is what I meant to say, whoops!

Amariel

KG, you’re in Victoria too?