Happy Kombucha

Burnt, Mango, Peach, Tannin, Malt, Pineapple, Roasted
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Peace and love

Our deliciously fruity blend has its roots in the 1960s, when every cool hippie was growing kombucha. Today, hipsters are again promoting this fermented tea for its delicious taste and good vibes. We’ve combined it with oolong, mango, pineapple and safflowers to make it taste like a golden ray of psychedelic sunshine. Yeah.

Ingredients: Oolong tea, mango, pineapple, Kombucha Powder, safflower petals, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gluten-free wheat starch

About DAVIDsTEA View company

What a lovely tea to smell! Opening the bag has rarely been such a pleasant experience. The pineapple and mango simply waft out and I’m completely caught up in it. I could make a sachet out of this…

195/3 min. The delicious aroma persists, thankfully. The tea’s flavor, however fruity, is also slightly sour and tart. I think that’s possibly the kombucha. It’s still really nice. I think I should have concentrated on getting more oolong into the teapot as the fruit tends to rise to the top of the bag during shipping.

Happiness is right! What a cheerful blend this is. Definitely fruity, but not overwhelmingly so. The oolong still shines through, unlike many a flavored tea. Now I need to go research kombucha, preferably with a nice warm cup of tea to keep me and my iPad company…

Michelle Butler Hallett

Ooooh, this sounds nice.

Smells pretty good both dry and steeped. Pineapple, peach, and mango yum.

Pretty good taste, very smooth. I could imagine it better iced.

Update: Yep! Enjoying it more and more as it cools.

Aroma: amazing

1st steep: wow, fruit! Delicious, and I can pick out mango, and pineapple taste. I also taste peach, but there isn’t any peaches…but it is yummy so I guess it doesn’t matter.

2nd steep: 7 min, less fruity but I get more of the buttery creamy oolong flavour coming through here. It is just as delicious as the first steep in a different way. I am not sure what komboucha tastes like, but it seems alright.

I accidentally threw out the leaves before I could get a 3rd steep, next time I guess because I will definitely be re-stocking this oolong. I find I am liking more and more oolongs.

Woke up wanting something not too heavy or fussy.This was on backlog so I chose a nice fruity Oolong.

This tea smells nice like mango mostly.Doesn’t blow my mind but seems perfectly good for today.

Once brewed smells nice and sweet.Not heavy at all.

Here’s some links about Kombucha and what it is and random other scribblings(just for fun):

side note: ALL teas have history just check out the different kinds if you are a noob( Yes I do game and yes I AM A GIRL) or even a veteran it’s a rich and wonderful way to experience tea as well.

There is NO WAY I am writing a presentable essay today …lazy I know but I’m barely awake people!

They do say that with Oolong tea it’s good to re-steep the tea again for a new experience but that depends on how much I like it the first time around.

I’ve had this tea before actually but that was before I found an audience to review for here on Steepster so thank you!

It tastes nice and sweet..
Just doesn’t blow me away I was hoping I would like it more but it’s not bad and not great merely decent.

I’m trading this to my BFF lindairvine ..hopefully she’ll dig this.

I got this tea as a small sampler from DAVIDsTEA in one of my orders and I was very apprehensive about it. I have never had Oolong and wasn’t sure what to expect but after trying another Oolong, I brought this around to try it out. I was very happy with the result!

It tasted smooth going down and even as it cooled it never seemed to lose it’s light and sweet flavor. I added a little honey to give it an extra edge – even though I could drink it straight – and I was very happy with the result. It was definitely a tin buy despite how expensive it is!

Can’t believe I haven’t commented on this tea yet! Well, finishing one of my courses today allows me a bit of down-time to review this one. Especially when it was my companion at the end of that darned essay!

First impressions – Love the smell of this one. It reminds me of sunshine. That is all.

Taste – I really enjoy it. It tastes like mango-peach. It is borderline for me on the sweetness factor, but other than that I really love the taste. And the second steep is just as awesome. Plus, as you guys might be starting to figure out about me, I definately appreciate a tea that can be left to steep a long while without becoming nasty.

Loveability – Now, that’s a hard one. This was one of my favorites for a while, but it then got pushed aside come fall and the bajillion new teas DT came out with. When I pulled it out today, I was reminded of how awesome this tea is. But, it has artificial flavoring. And, because I am who I am, that bugs me. So, as much as I like this one, once I finish off what I have, I think I’ll have to pass on buying some more.

Coldbrew sipdown from the Easter Tea Trail.

Still meh. It’s refreshing, I guess, but not anything I’d ever reach for.

Amariel

I still like this one, but have not had it in a while. I used to mix it with Toasted Walnut.

Ah, finally! A tea of the month I care for.
And an oolong. I love me some oolong.

Happy Kombucha is very similar to Green and Fruity and Green Seduction but with a punch of oolong. The tea is extremely fruity, but manages to maintain a “tea” flavor to it. The smell is amazing and really does make you happy after a sniff or two.

It tastes really good unsweetened, but I imagine it will taste very good iced and sweetened as well. I think I might go out and buy some more this weekend!
As a fruity oolong, the Kombucha is less artificial tasting than Forbidden Fruit and Long Life Oolong. But definitely, if you like the latter two oolongs, I see no reason why you would not like the Happy Kombucha as it is the superior counterpart in my mind.

Yum.

andy.lacy gave me a bit of this to brew a few cups so I could decide if it was one I wanted to order.

It smells incredibly juicy and fruity, and the tea is a deep amber color, so I was expecting a pretty sweet and fruity taste. It was not as aggressive as I expected it or wanted it to be — it was pleasant, but too weak. With some teas I find that you have to add a bit more when using the Breville, so I will probably try this again with more leaves in the basket to give a better opinion.