Chocolate Rocket

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Almond, Artificial Flavouring, Cocoa, Raspberry, Roasted Chicory Root, Yerba Mate Leaves
Almond, Chocolate, Raspberry, Alcohol, Artificial, Berry, Nuts, Roast nuts, Roasted, Dark Chocolate, Nutty, Tangy, Char, Cocoa, Sweet, Tannin, Coffee, Earth, Fruity, Sugar, Cherry, Jam, Musty, Tart, Berries, Floral, Dark Bittersweet, Ash, Caramel, Licorice, Nutmeg, Stonefruits, Taro Root
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

The ultimate trip

Need a boost? Try this tea. First you’ll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you’ll realize you’ve been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It’s what’s giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Very thankful for the Clearance Sale going on at DAVIDsTEA on their website. I was able to pick 250g of this up, for 30.00$. It was definitely a risk spending $30.00 for a tea I never tried, but I’ve always been a fan of chocolate-flavoured teas, so why not just yolo.

Today I tried it for the very first time and I have to say that I’m very satisfied with the purchase. Not going to lie, the chocolate is not the star, it’s more of a compliment to the notes of coffee cake and dark roast coffee beans. It’s very smooth, and imo, it’s very hard to find a maté tea that can achieve this feat. The after taste is amazing, it provides a hint of raspberry syrup, which adds overall sweetness to each sip.

I’m not sure if this one’s going to be discontinued as most sales on clearance at 40% off do become discontinued (and somehow end up finding their way back to the store). It would be a definite restock, but I don’t need any more seeing as I do have 250g of it. If you’re looking for a pick-me-up, and need to wake the f*** up from whatever it is you did the night before, this maté will be your best mate (see what I did there). :]

Flavors: Coffee, Dark Chocolate, Raspberry

I was hoping this tea would be a suitable replacement for one of my favorites from DT, Fantasy Island. It’s good, but it’s not something that I enjoy cold/iced (a requirement for my “morning” teas).

Flavors: Chocolate, Earth, Raspberry

Delicious and chocolatey. Big thanks to ccoppens for sharing this delicious tea.

Flavors: Chocolate, Chocolate

Chris Coppens

Glad you enjoyed

This is a nice and drinkable tea. I’ve had it in a gift box for awhile and am drinking it today for the first time. It’s nice but not my favourite.

This is the first David’s Tea I’ve ever tried, and I have to say, I’m impressed. I was a little wary of trying a chocolate flavored tea. (I had a bad experience with a chocolate flavored water… so bad.) My worries were for naught, I really like this tea. It tastes like a candy my Grandpa used to make called “Bit O’ Berry Bon Bons” So, there are definitely comfort points. This tea has a strong chocolate and raspberry flavors with perfect almond notes. I’m very happy with this purchase from David’s Tea, it makes me excited to try more!

Flavors: Almond, Dark Chocolate, Raspberry

As someone who generally really dislikes chocolate in their tea… I surprisingly love this tea!?! It was quite out of the norm for me to buy this as I don’t drink mate (not as a rule or anything, just nothing has ever appealed to me) or chocolate teas, the smell of this one was what got me. Chocolate and raspberry. And it tastes exactly as it smells which is a bonus as that is rarely the case.
Anyways, a lovely tea to have on this snow day here on the east coast as I try to write two papers by the end of the semester groan.

Flavors: Chocolate, Raspberry

Raspberry-chocolate mate. So good

OMGoodness! wasn’t too sure I was going to enjoy this tea too much because of the high caffeine level, but holy cow I don’t think I’ll ever be able to give it up now! This tea is coming to work in my mug every morning from now on I think, all new teas will have to be tried at home. While the chocolate and raspberry flavors are not quite as defined as I would have expected (that combo is kind of the reason I got it) it’s absolutely amazing, and really I think this tea may have had something to do with my ability to cope with the less than stellar day at work today.
Now I had to double check the ingredients on this one after I took a couple sips because I honestly thought there might be banana in it, which would totally not be good as one of my co-workers is deathly allergic to bananas in any form, but lucky for me there isn’t any, so it got me thinking why on earth am I tasting banana, but after looking at a few other notes it would seem I’m not the only one.

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 6 g 15 OZ / 443 ML

Got a to-go cup of this on my way home this afternoon. Of course I foolishly didn’t let this cool down enough and ended up burning my tongue which really impaired my sense of taste.

That being said this is a very nice chocolaty tea—almost like a weak hot chocolate. Definitely picked up on the almonds as well. I suspect this one would be amazing as a latte!

Flavors: Almond, Chocolate

I recently came to the conclusion that I do not like chocolate teas. They remind me of being a child, and my mom making me hot chocolate with too little cocoa powder. That barely there chocolate-like flavour that just makes you yearn for actual chocolate and despise this chocolate impostor in front of you. (Speaking of hot chocolate – that conjures up sore memories of my ex and I going skating…but let’s keep the lid on that can of worms)

Anyway, last week I received Davids’ Sweet Indulgence set as a Valentines Day gift., which includes four chocolatey teas. This morning I thought “Eh…let’s get this over with” and broke out Chocolate Rocket.

I opened the tiny tin, and was immediately struck by the scent of chocolate and artificial raspberry. I hate to call it artificial, that sounds so derogatory. Let’s call it a raspberry candy-like scent. I let 2.5tsp brew in 1 3/4th water at 85 degrees for 6 minutes in my French press.

I poured, and took a small sip to determine what it was going to need. Bleh, just as I expected watery chocolate. I added a touch of agave and a swig of an almond & coconut milk blend. Sitting down at the computer to write this review, I sipped away. About 3 or 4 sips in I realized….the flavour was growing on me. In fact, I border line liked it.

In conclusion, I’ll happily drink the remainder, and wouldn’t say no to a cup if someone offered. I doubt I’ll buy it again though…there’s just too many better teas out there.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coffee, Raspberry