Chocolate Rocket

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Almond, Artificial Flavouring, Cocoa, Raspberry, Roasted Chicory Root, Yerba Mate Leaves
Chocolate, Nuts, Nutty, Raspberry, Char, Cocoa, Dark Chocolate, Roasted, Sweet, Tannin, Almond, Coffee, Earth, Fruity, Artificial, Berry, Sugar, Cherry, Jam, Musty, Tart, Berries, Floral, Dark Bittersweet, Ash, Caramel, Licorice, Nutmeg, Stonefruits, Taro Root
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

The ultimate trip

Need a boost? Try this tea. First you’ll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you’ll realize you’ve been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It’s what’s giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

As someone who generally really dislikes chocolate in their tea… I surprisingly love this tea!?! It was quite out of the norm for me to buy this as I don’t drink mate (not as a rule or anything, just nothing has ever appealed to me) or chocolate teas, the smell of this one was what got me. Chocolate and raspberry. And it tastes exactly as it smells which is a bonus as that is rarely the case.
Anyways, a lovely tea to have on this snow day here on the east coast as I try to write two papers by the end of the semester groan.

Flavors: Chocolate, Raspberry

Raspberry-chocolate mate. So good

OMGoodness! wasn’t too sure I was going to enjoy this tea too much because of the high caffeine level, but holy cow I don’t think I’ll ever be able to give it up now! This tea is coming to work in my mug every morning from now on I think, all new teas will have to be tried at home. While the chocolate and raspberry flavors are not quite as defined as I would have expected (that combo is kind of the reason I got it) it’s absolutely amazing, and really I think this tea may have had something to do with my ability to cope with the less than stellar day at work today.
Now I had to double check the ingredients on this one after I took a couple sips because I honestly thought there might be banana in it, which would totally not be good as one of my co-workers is deathly allergic to bananas in any form, but lucky for me there isn’t any, so it got me thinking why on earth am I tasting banana, but after looking at a few other notes it would seem I’m not the only one.

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 6 g 15 OZ / 443 ML

Got a to-go cup of this on my way home this afternoon. Of course I foolishly didn’t let this cool down enough and ended up burning my tongue which really impaired my sense of taste.

That being said this is a very nice chocolaty tea—almost like a weak hot chocolate. Definitely picked up on the almonds as well. I suspect this one would be amazing as a latte!

Flavors: Almond, Chocolate

I recently came to the conclusion that I do not like chocolate teas. They remind me of being a child, and my mom making me hot chocolate with too little cocoa powder. That barely there chocolate-like flavour that just makes you yearn for actual chocolate and despise this chocolate impostor in front of you. (Speaking of hot chocolate – that conjures up sore memories of my ex and I going skating…but let’s keep the lid on that can of worms)

Anyway, last week I received Davids’ Sweet Indulgence set as a Valentines Day gift., which includes four chocolatey teas. This morning I thought “Eh…let’s get this over with” and broke out Chocolate Rocket.

I opened the tiny tin, and was immediately struck by the scent of chocolate and artificial raspberry. I hate to call it artificial, that sounds so derogatory. Let’s call it a raspberry candy-like scent. I let 2.5tsp brew in 1 3/4th water at 85 degrees for 6 minutes in my French press.

I poured, and took a small sip to determine what it was going to need. Bleh, just as I expected watery chocolate. I added a touch of agave and a swig of an almond & coconut milk blend. Sitting down at the computer to write this review, I sipped away. About 3 or 4 sips in I realized….the flavour was growing on me. In fact, I border line liked it.

In conclusion, I’ll happily drink the remainder, and wouldn’t say no to a cup if someone offered. I doubt I’ll buy it again though…there’s just too many better teas out there.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coffee, Raspberry

Sipdown!

I remember really liking this one when I first got into tea. It’s been my go-to morning tea for about two weeks now and I find that the first steep is too astringent for me. I don’t get chocolate and the raspberry just seems to contribute to the sharp taste. It’s too much … until I resteep it, at which point its much softer flavor-wise. I don’t get a lot of raspberry/chocolate, but it is smooth and sweet.

I bought about 30g this just before Christmas so that I could have a few cups before I decided whether or not to commit. When I first tried it I absolutely loved this tea, but I’m feeling more ambivalent today.

I love the mixture of dark chocolate and raspberry flavours. This blend is definitely a brilliant idea. What I’m not so sure I’m fond of is the very strong aftertaste of the yerba mate in combination with the super sweet chocolate. I love mate straight up or even blended with fruity teas, but this seems almost like the wrong kind of sweet for me. At least today. Maybe I’m just bitter because it didn’t give me the caffeine kick I so badly need right now.

I don’t know. It’s nice but I’ll have to drink more before deciding whether this is one I’ll stock up on.

Flavors: Artificial, Berry, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Fruity, Raspberry, Sugar

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I think I just don’t like maté. I think they taste moldy… but I’m gonna try and try again until I find a way to like it.

This tea is seriously good! I’ve made some big purchases from David’s teas lately and this is one of my favorites so far. It’s just so smooth and comforting with the chocolate and raspberry. The chocolate and raspberry favors are spot on, no artificial taste.

I will defiantly be re ordering more when I’m out…so good

Excellent as a breakfast / dessert tea or an alternative to coffee due to the dark flavours and high caffeine levels. The flavour is pleasant and the smell is to die for. Most notes are blatantly artificial tasting, this may be unappealing to some people.

I thoroughly enjoy this tea.

- Arian Shamei