Chocolate Rocket

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Almond, Artificial Flavouring, Cocoa, Raspberry, Roasted Chicory Root, Yerba Mate Leaves
Chocolate, Raspberry, Almond, Coffee, Fruity, Artificial, Berry, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Sugar, Cherry, Jam, Roasted, Sweet, Char, Musty, Tart, Berries, Floral, Dark Bittersweet, Nuts, Cocoa, Ash, Caramel, Licorice, Nutmeg, Stonefruits, Taro Root
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

The ultimate trip

Need a boost? Try this tea. First you’ll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you’ll realize you’ve been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It’s what’s giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea is tasty. It has strong flavors of chocolate and raspberry. I can’t really taste the other ingredients. This tea is good. So far I am 2 for 3 with my purchase from David’s Tea. This is a naturally sweet tea. I added sugar and its even better. I am not that knowledgeable about mate so I don’t know how it compares.

I brewed this once in an 18oz teapot with 2.5 tsp leaf and 185 degree water for 5 min.

Flavors: Chocolate, Raspberry

Anlina

Oooh. I’ve had zero interest in trying this tea until I read your note. Now I think I need to get some.

Oh this is such a delicious “replacement” for coffee. Nutty and full without being bitter. It has a hint of chocolate. Great sweetened with milk in the morning.

I like a more assertive tea, but this is well balanced and lovely. More soothing than anything else. I don’t taste a real chocolate presence, but there is a gorgeous richness. The nose is very sweet and floral, with a more muted taste.

This would match well with a simple biscuit or biscotti, perhaps with almonds or hazelnuts, that gives focus to the tea as a dessert or sweet afternoon refreshment.

Flavors: Berries, Floral, Sweet

I have not had much mate. This is pretty good. It both smells and tastes like chocolate and maybe berries. (I like it, so I’m part of Team Rocket). :)

carol who

One of my favorites!

I am addicted to this tea. I drink a big pot of it every day. Amazing flavor. Roasty, hint of chocolate, not bitter. Just perfect.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 4 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

Wow. The first sip I took of this was like a caffeine burst in my mouth.

If you like a bold, dark tea that nearly resembles coffee, then you’ll love this one.

It has a great dark chocolately, nutty, raspberry taste. It really does remind me of coffee a lot, but doesn’t have the bad side effects of it. It provides a great burst of energy without that awful crash in the end!

Flavors: Almond, Coffee, Dark Bittersweet, Raspberry

185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 240 ML

I’ve been eyeing this flavor on the David’s Tea website for a long while so I was thrilled to see it on tap at the local store today. It is definitely chocolate-heavy but that pairs well with the roasted mate flavors and the nutty almond tones. The finish has a strong raspberry note that I wasn’t expecting, but it is very rich and sweet even without milk or sugar. I am having this flavor brewed cold today without sugar or milk, but I bet it works better as a hot tea or as a sweet chocolate tea iced late. As usual with David’s Tea flavors, this is very sweet and playful, though more robust than many of the other summer flavors. I love a good chicory, roasted mate and the chocolate raspberry pairing is nice. It’s like a mate cousin to the Adagio Valentine’s blend. For fans of coffee, mate, and chocolate.

Flavors: Almond, Chocolate, Coffee, Nuts, Raspberry, Roasted

Following on from yesterday’s note, I had another cup of this with breakfast this morning. If I concentrate hard, I can just about get raspberry from this. I wouldn’t say it’s a prominent flavour, though. Still, chocolate and caramel is good enough for me!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Ehhh this one wasn’t for me. Was hoping it would be more chocolate-y. But it tasted really fruity. Raspberry maybe? Just not my kind of flavor. :P
Thanks for the sample though, mj!

Flavors: Chocolate, Raspberry

carol who

I loved it the first time I had it but the second time it didn’t impress. I wondered if it had all settled in the bag/tin and i wasn’t getting the yummy chocolate I had before.

I had a free cup of tea for joining the frequent steeper program, so I tried this one iced today. It was pretty much what I expected, except with an unexpectedly chocolatey aftertaste. I think next time I go I’ll get a bit to try hot.

(People talk about mate being, like, super caffeinated all the time, but I haven’t ever noticed any particularly different effect after drinking it. Maybe I’m just not paying enough attention?)