Chocolate Rocket

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Almond, Artificial Flavouring, Cocoa, Raspberry, Roasted Chicory Root, Yerba Mate Leaves
Almond, Chocolate, Raspberry, Coffee, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Fruity, Artificial, Berry, Sugar, Cherry, Jam, Roasted, Sweet, Char, Musty, Tart, Berries, Floral, Dark Bittersweet, Nuts, Cocoa, Ash, Caramel, Licorice, Nutmeg, Stonefruits, Taro Root
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

The ultimate trip

Need a boost? Try this tea. First you’ll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you’ll realize you’ve been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It’s what’s giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is one of my all time favorite teas. It is the perfect pick me up in the morning. I’ll even have it in the afternoon. Any time I’m having a chocolate craving this definitely helps. I would drink this all day, every day if I could.

3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Overboard TTB

This is nice. It had a chocolate, raspberry, nutty thing going on that is pretty enjoyable. I added a little sugar which heightened all the flavors. The chocolate note is more dark than milk chocolate which works well with the raspberry. I don’t taste the Yerba mate at all, but that doesn’t really bother me.

I can’t say this is a tea I’d want every day, but on occasion I could see this being a fun treat.

Not bad really. Not exactly what I was expecting (The raspberry is very prominent) but very good nonetheless. My Davids package was delivered this morning, on a Sunday?!! I couldn’t believe it, But it was a nice way to get me out of bed and ready for my driving lesson…
So I taste mostly the raspberries and the chocolate is a background note. Kind of remind me of chocolate raspberry pralines, so this is perfect for the holidays! :)

Flavors: Chocolate, Raspberry

This is a non-winter/holiday tea that I was curious about, and Roswell was kind enough to send me a sample out of her own stash. I don’t have much experience with maté, but anything roasted appeals to me and the other flavors involved sounded so yummy that I wanted to try it anyway.

The tea itself is definitely quite chunky. There are lots of big pieces, like sliced almonds, cacao shells, dried raspberries, etc. The maté kind of resembles a darker roasted kukicha in some places, while in others it’s more fragmented and reminds me of fish food. Dry smell is amazingly raspberry and roasty.

Wow, I have to say, I really really like this tea. The raspberry flavor is strong and yummy and sweet, like raspberry jam. I can definitely taste the chocolate, and it melds wonderfully with the roasted and nutty flavors. Overall, it’s just yum, and so comforting. I can’t comment on the energy effect yet, but we shall see if I’m bouncing off the walls in a little bit. Delicious!

Flavors: Almond, Chocolate, Coffee, Jam, Raspberry, Roasted, Sweet

carol who

This is one of my absolute favorites for the morning! For me, the energy from it is great. I’m in my 60’s, I need all the energy I can get! :-)

After reading so many tasting notes about how good this is, I was pretty excited to try it. An it’s alright but probably not something I’ll buy once my 10g sample is done.

It has a bit of a water hot chocolate smell and taste, with a touch of raspberry tart and flavour, but also a lot of roasted chicory flavour, char, earth and mustiness which takes away from the elements that I was enjoying more.

I’m not generally a mate drinker, but I was hoping that the flavours here would compliment it nicely, and I’m not overly impressed.

Flavors: Char, Chocolate, Earth, Musty, Raspberry, Roasted, Tart

YUM!!! Thanks so much to carol who for sending me a sample of this…it is DELICIOUS! The dry leaf smells like chocolate-covered raspberries. It steeps up to a rich, dark brew and has a fantastic rich, full-bodied flavor. To me, the chocolate is most prominent, but I also taste the raspberry and just a hint of nuttiness. Sweet and flavorful and the perfect high-caffeine pick-me-up!

Flavors: Almond, Chocolate, Raspberry

carol who

One of my absolute favorites! Glad you enjoyed it!

This tea is tasty. It has strong flavors of chocolate and raspberry. I can’t really taste the other ingredients. This tea is good. So far I am 2 for 3 with my purchase from David’s Tea. This is a naturally sweet tea. I added sugar and its even better. I am not that knowledgeable about mate so I don’t know how it compares.

I brewed this once in an 18oz teapot with 2.5 tsp leaf and 185 degree water for 5 min.

Anlina

Oooh. I’ve had zero interest in trying this tea until I read your note. Now I think I need to get some.

Oh this is such a delicious “replacement” for coffee. Nutty and full without being bitter. It has a hint of chocolate. Great sweetened with milk in the morning.

I like a more assertive tea, but this is well balanced and lovely. More soothing than anything else. I don’t taste a real chocolate presence, but there is a gorgeous richness. The nose is very sweet and floral, with a more muted taste.

This would match well with a simple biscuit or biscotti, perhaps with almonds or hazelnuts, that gives focus to the tea as a dessert or sweet afternoon refreshment.

Flavors: Berries, Floral, Sweet

I have not had much mate. This is pretty good. It both smells and tastes like chocolate and maybe berries. (I like it, so I’m part of Team Rocket). :)

One of my favorites!