Chocolate Rocket

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Almond, Artificial Flavouring, Cocoa, Raspberry, Roasted Chicory Root, Yerba Mate Leaves
Berries, Floral, Sweet, Almond, Chocolate, Raspberry, Coffee, Dark Bittersweet, Nuts, Roasted, Cocoa, Ash, Caramel, Licorice, Nutmeg, Stonefruits, Taro Root, Dark Chocolate, Earth
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “Breakfast tea with a little Keemun added..... Breakfast today was Oat Bran with dried cranberries, golden raisins, a tbs of half & half and packet of sweetener. It so reminds me of the Cream of...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 974 tasting notes
  • “Bumping up the rating a little because this tea has a permanent place in my cupboard. Drinking my giant travel mug full of this is slightly helping cut through the gloom and doom of this foggy,...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “Chocolate rocket. CHOCOLATE rocket! CHOCOLATE ROCKET!! Imagine me running around the house with my arms extended like airplane wings chanting CHOCOLATE ROCKET! The dogs look puzzled and a little...” Read full tasting note
    CraftyVeganJenn 150 tasting notes
  • “Gah, this morning. So my wife and I couldn't fall asleep until 2:30 am or so after we were stood up at Waffle House last night. I woke up this morning and glanced at the digital clock, which read...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1236 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The ultimate trip

Need a boost? Try this tea. First you’ll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you’ll realize you’ve been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It’s what’s giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Before opening presents Christmas morning, I got the kettle ready knowing I was getting this tea. As soon as I opened the can and smelled it, I quickly remembered I’m not always fond of raspberry and chocolate together. I must have picked this because of the decent rating and it was a high stimulant that I was looking for after getting away from coffee.

The handful of times I have had this, I find it most tolerable as a latte hot or iced because it helps mute the smell. 7 months later, the smell is not as strong as it was when I first opened it and my very last cup was the best.

I don’t regret getting this tea because I have happily shared it with those who wanted to try it and liked it but I don’t think I would get it again.

Wow, this one is really interesting. It smells exactly like high-quality dark chocolate both dry and brewed. The taste is chocolate-almond at first, which then changes to a sort of smoky taste (the maté, I’m guessing, never had it before), and then finishes off with a light chocolate-berry taste. Very unique, sweet, and addictive! I like it more the more I drink of it, so I might just have to buy this one. The flavors are also changing as it cools down, and I’d love to try it iced.

Ah a guy who usually hates coffee, I think I can rely on this tea for the caffeine boost the former would usually produce. Good taste, and like someone mentioned elsewhere here, there’s a bit of raspberry that really brings it full circle. Tastes kind of like a Terry’s Chocolate Raspberry.

More on http://mattdlikestea.tumblr.com

Was ok.. Maybe better as a latte..

I don’t know if it was the way I brewed it, or if Choconut Oolong has rendered this one inert on my tastebuds, but I don’t like this as much anymore.

I love chocolate & I love energy. This tea was a perfect blend for me. The addition of the almonds and raspberries just makes it even better.

Ok Winter… I’m good now you can change into Spring anytime! (Heh ya right… like the weather/seasons have ever listened to me!) -34C windchill walking to work today… I’m still chilled!

It’s definitely a Monday morning too, I really needed a pick-me-up and have been craving this for a bit now so I took the plunge. Lots of raspberry flavor today alongside the chocolate and roasted mate notes. I was also getting a few notes from the almond but they were almost a bit burnt… not sure where that came from. I must say though, this tea has grown on me… slowly. I never really liked it and now? Now it’s not half bad :)

In other news I think I’ve finally adapted to my new teaspoon… my previous one won’t fit into the jars that I’m now using at work so I snatched an actual teaspoon measuring spoon from home (Hi honey! There’s still two left in the drawer, and you haven’t even noticed this one missing yet! So no harm no foul right? wink Right?) It’s been a bit of an adjustment but I think I’ve got it now!

Super delish. I am a huge fan of chocolate, so this really hit the spot! I love how the cocoa nibs taste when steeped in tea, but it is important not to burn them!

The raspberry tastes stands out most to me in this tea. The famous chocolate-raspberry blend prevails in this tea!

Another tea from my co-worker!
This tea is a nice pick me up when you really need a boost. I will say though, it tastes more like fruit than chocolate, but the fruit taste isn’t artificial like other teas. It’s quite refreshing!

Making this right now. I have one of the travel tins of the stuff and as soon as I opened it I got the smell of Tootsie Rolls. That is not a bad thing at all.

Liquor smells nutty, tho the chocolate is still pretty prominent.

Upon tasting, it’s very rich and quite nutty- the almonds are pretty prominent. The chocolate is there, but mostly in aroma form. Pretty nice tea but not as sweet as I’d like. David’s Raspberry agave would be a great addition.