Chocolate Rocket

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Almond, Artificial Flavouring, Cocoa, Raspberry, Roasted Chicory Root, Yerba Mate Leaves
Alcohol, Artificial, Berry, Chocolate, Nuts, Roast nuts, Roasted, Dark Chocolate, Nutty, Raspberry, Tangy, Char, Cocoa, Sweet, Tannin, Almond, Coffee, Earth, Fruity, Sugar, Cherry, Jam, Musty, Tart, Berries, Floral, Dark Bittersweet, Ash, Caramel, Licorice, Nutmeg, Stonefruits, Taro Root
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

The ultimate trip

Need a boost? Try this tea. First you’ll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you’ll realize you’ve been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It’s what’s giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I bought about 30g this just before Christmas so that I could have a few cups before I decided whether or not to commit. When I first tried it I absolutely loved this tea, but I’m feeling more ambivalent today.

I love the mixture of dark chocolate and raspberry flavours. This blend is definitely a brilliant idea. What I’m not so sure I’m fond of is the very strong aftertaste of the yerba mate in combination with the super sweet chocolate. I love mate straight up or even blended with fruity teas, but this seems almost like the wrong kind of sweet for me. At least today. Maybe I’m just bitter because it didn’t give me the caffeine kick I so badly need right now.

I don’t know. It’s nice but I’ll have to drink more before deciding whether this is one I’ll stock up on.

Flavors: Artificial, Berry, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Fruity, Raspberry, Sugar

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I think I just don’t like maté. I think they taste moldy… but I’m gonna try and try again until I find a way to like it.

This tea is seriously good! I’ve made some big purchases from David’s teas lately and this is one of my favorites so far. It’s just so smooth and comforting with the chocolate and raspberry. The chocolate and raspberry favors are spot on, no artificial taste.

I will defiantly be re ordering more when I’m out…so good

Excellent as a breakfast / dessert tea or an alternative to coffee due to the dark flavours and high caffeine levels. The flavour is pleasant and the smell is to die for. Most notes are blatantly artificial tasting, this may be unappealing to some people.

I thoroughly enjoy this tea.

- Arian Shamei

Flavors: Almond, Cherry, Chocolate, Coffee

2089 tasting notes

Thank again for the lovely tea package, Beorhthraefn! This one always sounded like something I’d like to try. Chocolate raspberry is definitely my favorite combo. This was a nice little sealed sample, so I ended up using the entire pouch – about 1 3/4 teaspoons. A little bit more that what is called for, but it seemed to work for me. The color of the cup is like a dark cup of coffee, but the flavor is great… a really ideal combination and also an ideal balance of those flavors. Roasted yerba mate, hints of chocolate, sweet raspberry and just enough chicory to make itself known (not over the top chicory like I had in a tea the other day… mostly chicory and very gross). I wish there had been more of those promised almonds, but there wasn’t much flavor from the one tiny almond sliver I noticed. I really like this blend and I’m very glad I got the chance to try it! I can see it converting some to being fans of yerba mate.
Steep #1 // 20 min after boiling // 2 min steep
Steep #2 // 8 min after boiling // 4 min steep

This is one of my all time favorite teas. It is the perfect pick me up in the morning. I’ll even have it in the afternoon. Any time I’m having a chocolate craving this definitely helps. I would drink this all day, every day if I could.

Flavors: Chocolate, Raspberry

3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Overboard TTB

This is nice. It had a chocolate, raspberry, nutty thing going on that is pretty enjoyable. I added a little sugar which heightened all the flavors. The chocolate note is more dark than milk chocolate which works well with the raspberry. I don’t taste the Yerba mate at all, but that doesn’t really bother me.

I can’t say this is a tea I’d want every day, but on occasion I could see this being a fun treat.

Not bad really. Not exactly what I was expecting (The raspberry is very prominent) but very good nonetheless. My Davids package was delivered this morning, on a Sunday?!! I couldn’t believe it, But it was a nice way to get me out of bed and ready for my driving lesson…
So I taste mostly the raspberries and the chocolate is a background note. Kind of remind me of chocolate raspberry pralines, so this is perfect for the holidays! :)

Flavors: Chocolate, Raspberry

This is a non-winter/holiday tea that I was curious about, and Roswell was kind enough to send me a sample out of her own stash. I don’t have much experience with maté, but anything roasted appeals to me and the other flavors involved sounded so yummy that I wanted to try it anyway.

The tea itself is definitely quite chunky. There are lots of big pieces, like sliced almonds, cacao shells, dried raspberries, etc. The maté kind of resembles a darker roasted kukicha in some places, while in others it’s more fragmented and reminds me of fish food. Dry smell is amazingly raspberry and roasty.

Wow, I have to say, I really really like this tea. The raspberry flavor is strong and yummy and sweet, like raspberry jam. I can definitely taste the chocolate, and it melds wonderfully with the roasted and nutty flavors. Overall, it’s just yum, and so comforting. I can’t comment on the energy effect yet, but we shall see if I’m bouncing off the walls in a little bit. Delicious!

Flavors: Almond, Chocolate, Coffee, Jam, Raspberry, Roasted, Sweet

carol who

This is one of my absolute favorites for the morning! For me, the energy from it is great. I’m in my 60’s, I need all the energy I can get! :-)

After reading so many tasting notes about how good this is, I was pretty excited to try it. An it’s alright but probably not something I’ll buy once my 10g sample is done.

It has a bit of a water hot chocolate smell and taste, with a touch of raspberry tart and flavour, but also a lot of roasted chicory flavour, char, earth and mustiness which takes away from the elements that I was enjoying more.

I’m not generally a mate drinker, but I was hoping that the flavours here would compliment it nicely, and I’m not overly impressed.

Flavors: Char, Chocolate, Earth, Musty, Raspberry, Roasted, Tart