Chocolate Rocket

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Almond, Artificial Flavouring, Cocoa, Raspberry, Roasted Chicory Root, Yerba Mate Leaves
Chocolate, Almond, Dark Chocolate, Raspberry, Coffee, Fruity, Artificial, Berry, Earth, Sugar, Cherry, Jam, Roasted, Sweet, Char, Musty, Tart, Berries, Floral, Dark Bittersweet, Nuts, Cocoa, Ash, Caramel, Licorice, Nutmeg, Stonefruits, Taro Root
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

The ultimate trip

Need a boost? Try this tea. First you’ll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you’ll realize you’ve been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It’s what’s giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Following on from yesterday’s note, I had another cup of this with breakfast this morning. If I concentrate hard, I can just about get raspberry from this. I wouldn’t say it’s a prominent flavour, though. Still, chocolate and caramel is good enough for me!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Ehhh this one wasn’t for me. Was hoping it would be more chocolate-y. But it tasted really fruity. Raspberry maybe? Just not my kind of flavor. :P
Thanks for the sample though, mj!

Flavors: Chocolate, Raspberry

carol who

I loved it the first time I had it but the second time it didn’t impress. I wondered if it had all settled in the bag/tin and i wasn’t getting the yummy chocolate I had before.

I had a free cup of tea for joining the frequent steeper program, so I tried this one iced today. It was pretty much what I expected, except with an unexpectedly chocolatey aftertaste. I think next time I go I’ll get a bit to try hot.

(People talk about mate being, like, super caffeinated all the time, but I haven’t ever noticed any particularly different effect after drinking it. Maybe I’m just not paying enough attention?)

This is another tea from the DAVID’s box from TeaPet. Thank you!

I was introduced to Mate in Chili. It was a way to keep warm on the cold days of cycling, and it was also a way to meet folks in a land where we weren’t very good at speaking the language. It was always the yerbal type and never flavored. Since returning home and being introduced to loose leaf tea I have only really seen the flavored stuff and something about it turns me off. This has been sitting in my tea box since Janurary and I have yet to try it until tonight. I was thinking I would just give this away, but I decided to give it a go first. I am pleasantly surprised. It is roasty, it is chocolaty, and then there is a slight hint of fruit. The normal burned, asheyness of flavored mate is not getting to me. I think I will enjoy what remains as a breakfast tea.

EDIT: Boo, as I was finishing the cup the ashyness finally hit me, unfortunately as soon as it hits it turns me off from the tea.

TheTeaFairy

Awesome story!

I quite like this. I expected that I would, of course, and it did not disappoint. The flavors that jump out are the almond followed by the chocolate. The chocolate is a bit like raspberry flavored milk chocolate, so that the raspberry is there but really takes a back seat to the chocolate. Yum. The almond dominates both the other flavors though. I’m considering ordering some of this when I order more Vanilla Orchid, but I haven’t made up my mind. Virginia, thanks for sharing!

Flavors: Almond, Chocolate, Raspberry

I will not review this, because Mate is not my favourite, and chocolate and raspberries is REALLY not a flavour combination that I enjoy.

Had this for breakfast this AM with my new favorite snack. I took tea biscuits, covered them with peanut butter or Earth Balance and then sprinkled with cacao nibs. The tea was a perfect compliment for the cookie treats!

carol who

Oh yummy!

Sarsonator

Cacao nibs are my new fave thing!

A beautiful smelling tea. Perfect for any time, and for a pickup. With a name like chocolate rocket and a bit of a stimulant added for a kick, this is one time that you can take on the go, but at the same time enjoy while socializing. Definitely smell the ‘chocolate’ and the almonds are a nice touch.

Books that will go well with this tea are:

Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones, Holes by Louis Sachar, Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.

Flavors: Cocoa

Yummy! Like chocolate brownies and chocolate fudge, just chocolatey goodness! I can taste the raspberry and a slight coffeeness too. Very nice and indulging. Perfect.

Sipdown!

I used to have this at work for a pick me up but since I’m home on mat leave I brought all my teas home…there were lots….

I recall this being a favorite, something to drink when I felt like coffee, since at the time, I was off coffee. It’s very strong flavored, between the almonds, raspberry , chicory (that coffee feel), and chocolate.

To be honest, I have no idea what mate (sorry, no accents on my iPad) tastes like.

I took a Contigo full of this when I went for a stroll with the baby, glad I did because it was colder outside than I thought. We Canadians get absurdly excited when the Spring sunshine finally arrives. You’ll see the braver ones outside with flip flops on in April. I only put a hoody on but it’s definitely still jacket weather.

Unfortunately those Contigo mugs keep the liquid so hot that I didn’t get to drink much while I was out there. Just burned my tongue mostly.

When I got home I realized I wasn’t in the mood for this after all. It’s SO flavored. I almost had myself convinced I could taste the artificial flavoring.
Not at all what I wanted.

I emptied it out and decided to bring some Laoshan Black to the movies in my Contigo, so I rinsed it. Then I got to the theatre and all I could taste was this damn tea! So I had to remove the contaminated lid and drink it without.

Too much flavoring for me, too much going on, I seem to be moving away from this sort of thing. It served me well at work but I won’t restock.

I’d rather have coffee!!