Chocolate Rocket

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Almond, Artificial Flavouring, Cocoa, Raspberry, Roasted Chicory Root, Yerba Mate Leaves
Almond, Chocolate, Raspberry, Coffee, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Fruity, Artificial, Berry, Sugar, Cherry, Jam, Roasted, Sweet, Char, Musty, Tart, Berries, Floral, Dark Bittersweet, Nuts, Cocoa, Ash, Caramel, Licorice, Nutmeg, Stonefruits, Taro Root
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

The ultimate trip

Need a boost? Try this tea. First you’ll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you’ll realize you’ve been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It’s what’s giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I am addicted to this tea. I drink a big pot of it every day. Amazing flavor. Roasty, hint of chocolate, not bitter. Just perfect.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 4 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

Wow. The first sip I took of this was like a caffeine burst in my mouth.

If you like a bold, dark tea that nearly resembles coffee, then you’ll love this one.

It has a great dark chocolately, nutty, raspberry taste. It really does remind me of coffee a lot, but doesn’t have the bad side effects of it. It provides a great burst of energy without that awful crash in the end!

Flavors: Almond, Coffee, Dark Bittersweet, Raspberry

185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 240 ML

I’ve been eyeing this flavor on the David’s Tea website for a long while so I was thrilled to see it on tap at the local store today. It is definitely chocolate-heavy but that pairs well with the roasted mate flavors and the nutty almond tones. The finish has a strong raspberry note that I wasn’t expecting, but it is very rich and sweet even without milk or sugar. I am having this flavor brewed cold today without sugar or milk, but I bet it works better as a hot tea or as a sweet chocolate tea iced late. As usual with David’s Tea flavors, this is very sweet and playful, though more robust than many of the other summer flavors. I love a good chicory, roasted mate and the chocolate raspberry pairing is nice. It’s like a mate cousin to the Adagio Valentine’s blend. For fans of coffee, mate, and chocolate.

Flavors: Almond, Chocolate, Coffee, Nuts, Raspberry, Roasted

Following on from yesterday’s note, I had another cup of this with breakfast this morning. If I concentrate hard, I can just about get raspberry from this. I wouldn’t say it’s a prominent flavour, though. Still, chocolate and caramel is good enough for me!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Ehhh this one wasn’t for me. Was hoping it would be more chocolate-y. But it tasted really fruity. Raspberry maybe? Just not my kind of flavor. :P
Thanks for the sample though, mj!

Flavors: Chocolate, Raspberry

carol who

I loved it the first time I had it but the second time it didn’t impress. I wondered if it had all settled in the bag/tin and i wasn’t getting the yummy chocolate I had before.

I had a free cup of tea for joining the frequent steeper program, so I tried this one iced today. It was pretty much what I expected, except with an unexpectedly chocolatey aftertaste. I think next time I go I’ll get a bit to try hot.

(People talk about mate being, like, super caffeinated all the time, but I haven’t ever noticed any particularly different effect after drinking it. Maybe I’m just not paying enough attention?)

This is another tea from the DAVID’s box from TeaPet. Thank you!

I was introduced to Mate in Chili. It was a way to keep warm on the cold days of cycling, and it was also a way to meet folks in a land where we weren’t very good at speaking the language. It was always the yerbal type and never flavored. Since returning home and being introduced to loose leaf tea I have only really seen the flavored stuff and something about it turns me off. This has been sitting in my tea box since Janurary and I have yet to try it until tonight. I was thinking I would just give this away, but I decided to give it a go first. I am pleasantly surprised. It is roasty, it is chocolaty, and then there is a slight hint of fruit. The normal burned, asheyness of flavored mate is not getting to me. I think I will enjoy what remains as a breakfast tea.

EDIT: Boo, as I was finishing the cup the ashyness finally hit me, unfortunately as soon as it hits it turns me off from the tea.

TheTeaFairy

Awesome story!

I quite like this. I expected that I would, of course, and it did not disappoint. The flavors that jump out are the almond followed by the chocolate. The chocolate is a bit like raspberry flavored milk chocolate, so that the raspberry is there but really takes a back seat to the chocolate. Yum. The almond dominates both the other flavors though. I’m considering ordering some of this when I order more Vanilla Orchid, but I haven’t made up my mind. Virginia, thanks for sharing!

Flavors: Almond, Chocolate, Raspberry

I will not review this, because Mate is not my favourite, and chocolate and raspberries is REALLY not a flavour combination that I enjoy.

Had this for breakfast this AM with my new favorite snack. I took tea biscuits, covered them with peanut butter or Earth Balance and then sprinkled with cacao nibs. The tea was a perfect compliment for the cookie treats!

carol who

Oh yummy!

Sarsonator

Cacao nibs are my new fave thing!