Chocolate Rocket

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Almond, Artificial Flavouring, Cocoa, Raspberry, Roasted Chicory Root, Yerba Mate Leaves
Almond, Chocolate, Raspberry, Coffee, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Fruity, Artificial, Berry, Sugar, Cherry, Jam, Roasted, Sweet, Char, Musty, Tart, Berries, Floral, Dark Bittersweet, Nuts, Cocoa, Ash, Caramel, Licorice, Nutmeg, Stonefruits, Taro Root
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

The ultimate trip

Need a boost? Try this tea. First you’ll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you’ll realize you’ve been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It’s what’s giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I will not review this, because Mate is not my favourite, and chocolate and raspberries is REALLY not a flavour combination that I enjoy.

Had this for breakfast this AM with my new favorite snack. I took tea biscuits, covered them with peanut butter or Earth Balance and then sprinkled with cacao nibs. The tea was a perfect compliment for the cookie treats!

carol who

Oh yummy!

Cacao nibs are my new fave thing!

A beautiful smelling tea. Perfect for any time, and for a pickup. With a name like chocolate rocket and a bit of a stimulant added for a kick, this is one time that you can take on the go, but at the same time enjoy while socializing. Definitely smell the ‘chocolate’ and the almonds are a nice touch.

Books that will go well with this tea are:

Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones, Holes by Louis Sachar, Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.

Flavors: Cocoa

Yummy! Like chocolate brownies and chocolate fudge, just chocolatey goodness! I can taste the raspberry and a slight coffeeness too. Very nice and indulging. Perfect.

I used to have this at work for a pick me up but since I’m home on mat leave I brought all my teas home…there were lots….

I recall this being a favorite, something to drink when I felt like coffee, since at the time, I was off coffee. It’s very strong flavored, between the almonds, raspberry , chicory (that coffee feel), and chocolate.

To be honest, I have no idea what mate (sorry, no accents on my iPad) tastes like.

I took a Contigo full of this when I went for a stroll with the baby, glad I did because it was colder outside than I thought. We Canadians get absurdly excited when the Spring sunshine finally arrives. You’ll see the braver ones outside with flip flops on in April. I only put a hoody on but it’s definitely still jacket weather.

Unfortunately those Contigo mugs keep the liquid so hot that I didn’t get to drink much while I was out there. Just burned my tongue mostly.

When I got home I realized I wasn’t in the mood for this after all. It’s SO flavored. I almost had myself convinced I could taste the artificial flavoring.
Not at all what I wanted.

I emptied it out and decided to bring some Laoshan Black to the movies in my Contigo, so I rinsed it. Then I got to the theatre and all I could taste was this damn tea! So I had to remove the contaminated lid and drink it without.

Too much flavoring for me, too much going on, I seem to be moving away from this sort of thing. It served me well at work but I won’t restock.

I’d rather have coffee!!

I drank this tea early in my switch from coffee to loose-leaf, and I found it impressive in both its ability to carry a lot of flavour and its efficacy as a maté. It maintains its dominant powdery chocolate flavour (powdery like cocoa, not like sugary hot chocolate mix) and like any other properly-balanced tea, its other ingredients bring out its main even more. This tea also stands up well to milk, both regular and flavoured non-dairy alternatives; I stirred this around with 20% vanilla soy milk and still got a huge kick of chocolate, with the vanilla flavouring marrying nicely with the cocoa and nutty flavours. I didn’t purchase this tea again, only because I found the flavour to be a bit too strong to drink more than two or three times a week, and that natural cocoa taste lingered in my mouth through the day. But it certainly does what it’s marketed to do, so I would recommend this tea for those looking for a “healthier” alternative to coffee and chocoholics of all kinds, alike.

Flavors: Ash, Caramel, Chocolate, Cocoa, Licorice, Nutmeg, Nuts, Stonefruits, Taro Root

This tea was my first tea from David’s Tea. I had a pretty rough night and couldn’t keep awake at work for the life of me. I can’t drink more than 1 cup of coffee a day (gives me stomach issues) and so I decided to try this one out. I was pleasantly surprised with the taste – I was expecting it to taste like hot chocolate with raspberry. I liked that the tea had a hint of chocolate, hint of raspberry and something more. Very easy to drink. And it indeed gave me a hell of a buzz after. Overall, this tea made me want to further explore loose leaf teas.

Flavors: Chocolate

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 0 OZ / 0 ML

Glad to be done with this one. It smells great in the tin, but brewed up it’s just not that special. Not a restock.

I hear ya. Bleh.

Tried this for the first time the other day, not a big fan :/

Probably only have one mugs worth of this left D’:
Which means I’ll horde it, and probably not drink it for a while. I’m going to try to put myself on tea buying hiatus. Or at least get through some of my teas before buying new ones. I certainly don’t have a HUGE stash like my husband seems to think, but it does take up a bit of space in our small kitchen.
Once I get through more of my teas from David’s this is going on the list! I like it without any additions, which is nice because its low-maintenance. Chocolate and raspberry are definitely up there as far as my favorite combos go.