Chocolate Rocket

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Almond, Artificial Flavouring, Cocoa, Raspberry, Roasted Chicory Root, Yerba Mate Leaves
Almond, Chocolate, Raspberry, Coffee, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Fruity, Artificial, Berry, Sugar, Cherry, Jam, Roasted, Sweet, Char, Musty, Tart, Berries, Floral, Dark Bittersweet, Nuts, Cocoa, Ash, Caramel, Licorice, Nutmeg, Stonefruits, Taro Root
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

The ultimate trip

Need a boost? Try this tea. First you’ll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you’ll realize you’ve been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It’s what’s giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Maybe it was just how it was prepared for me in the store, but this tea was disgusting. I honestly want to give it a score under 20 but don’t want to be inconsiderate to it perhaps being how it was steeped. Just tasted artificial and no chocolate or raspberry taste at all.

A perfect blend of chocolate and raspberries. Love at first sip. This tea has earned a permanent spot in my cupboard.

Things are so crazy right now !

Good crazy, though. I just got a huge promotion at work and it changes everythig for the absolute best : my schedule, my pay, my responsibilities, everything ! It’s just amazing. But I’ve been very busy because of that, lots of preparation, lots of training, and not much time for tea. I’ve been running around at work which means that I’ve forgotten my perfectly good tea in my timolino for hours only to not feel like drinking this particular one after all that time… Like yesterday, I brought a full tumbler of Chocolate Rocket, totally forgot about it, and then I didn’t feel like it at all because it’s a tea I like to drink in the morning…

So anyway, today, it’s Saturday, so I just made myself another cup of Chocolate Rocket to make up for the full tumbler I wasted yesterday. And it’s still as awesome as always. Yay !

Before opening presents Christmas morning, I got the kettle ready knowing I was getting this tea. As soon as I opened the can and smelled it, I quickly remembered I’m not always fond of raspberry and chocolate together. I must have picked this because of the decent rating and it was a high stimulant that I was looking for after getting away from coffee.

The handful of times I have had this, I find it most tolerable as a latte hot or iced because it helps mute the smell. 7 months later, the smell is not as strong as it was when I first opened it and my very last cup was the best.

I don’t regret getting this tea because I have happily shared it with those who wanted to try it and liked it but I don’t think I would get it again.

Wow, this one is really interesting. It smells exactly like high-quality dark chocolate both dry and brewed. The taste is chocolate-almond at first, which then changes to a sort of smoky taste (the maté, I’m guessing, never had it before), and then finishes off with a light chocolate-berry taste. Very unique, sweet, and addictive! I like it more the more I drink of it, so I might just have to buy this one. The flavors are also changing as it cools down, and I’d love to try it iced.

Ah a guy who usually hates coffee, I think I can rely on this tea for the caffeine boost the former would usually produce. Good taste, and like someone mentioned elsewhere here, there’s a bit of raspberry that really brings it full circle. Tastes kind of like a Terry’s Chocolate Raspberry.

More on http://mattdlikestea.tumblr.com

Was ok.. Maybe better as a latte..

I don’t know if it was the way I brewed it, or if Choconut Oolong has rendered this one inert on my tastebuds, but I don’t like this as much anymore.

I love chocolate & I love energy. This tea was a perfect blend for me. The addition of the almonds and raspberries just makes it even better.

Ok Winter… I’m good now you can change into Spring anytime! (Heh ya right… like the weather/seasons have ever listened to me!) -34C windchill walking to work today… I’m still chilled!

It’s definitely a Monday morning too, I really needed a pick-me-up and have been craving this for a bit now so I took the plunge. Lots of raspberry flavor today alongside the chocolate and roasted mate notes. I was also getting a few notes from the almond but they were almost a bit burnt… not sure where that came from. I must say though, this tea has grown on me… slowly. I never really liked it and now? Now it’s not half bad :)

In other news I think I’ve finally adapted to my new teaspoon… my previous one won’t fit into the jars that I’m now using at work so I snatched an actual teaspoon measuring spoon from home (Hi honey! There’s still two left in the drawer, and you haven’t even noticed this one missing yet! So no harm no foul right? wink Right?) It’s been a bit of an adjustment but I think I’ve got it now!