Chocolate Rocket

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Almond, Artificial Flavouring, Cocoa, Raspberry, Roasted Chicory Root, Yerba Mate Leaves
Almond, Chocolate, Raspberry, Berries, Floral, Sweet, Coffee, Dark Bittersweet, Nuts, Roasted, Cocoa, Ash, Caramel, Licorice, Nutmeg, Stonefruits, Taro Root, Dark Chocolate, Earth
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “Breakfast tea with a little Keemun added..... Breakfast today was Oat Bran with dried cranberries, golden raisins, a tbs of half & half and packet of sweetener. It so reminds me of the Cream of...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 974 tasting notes
  • “Bumping up the rating a little because this tea has a permanent place in my cupboard. Drinking my giant travel mug full of this is slightly helping cut through the gloom and doom of this foggy,...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “Chocolate rocket. CHOCOLATE rocket! CHOCOLATE ROCKET!! Imagine me running around the house with my arms extended like airplane wings chanting CHOCOLATE ROCKET! The dogs look puzzled and a little...” Read full tasting note
    CraftyVeganJenn 150 tasting notes
  • “Gah, this morning. So my wife and I couldn't fall asleep until 2:30 am or so after we were stood up at Waffle House last night. I woke up this morning and glanced at the digital clock, which read...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1243 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The ultimate trip

Need a boost? Try this tea. First you’ll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you’ll realize you’ve been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It’s what’s giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’ll be honest: I’ve ever been a fan of chicory. I’m trying to put that aside for this review, but…

This was included in the Chocolate Box (set of 9 chocolate teas) from David’s Tea. In the first cup I tried, I had no raspberry pieces. The only flavors I could pick up were the chicory, a bit of chocolate, and maybe a very slight hint of almond.

I made another cup, this time being sure to get a raspberry piece in the scoop. This cup certainly smelled of raspberry at least (as another reviewer said, it was just like the old Lip Smackers!) but I wouldn’t say it had a strong raspberry flavor. That said, the raspberry did seem to balance out the earthiness of the chicory, mellowing the flavor a bit. This cup was much better. The chocolate and almond seemed to come out more for me as the chicory was muted; the flavors were well balanced.

I’m glad I gave this one a second chance. All in all, it was a good cup of tea, but I wouldn’t buy a tin of it because of my feelings towards chicory. However, if you like chicory and you like chocolate, you’ll love this one!

This tea reminded and smelled like Lip Smackers lip gloss I had when I was younger that I didn’t like. Definitely would not buy this again or recommend it.

I dunno, for something with the name Chocolate Rocket, I’ve gotta say, I’ve tasted chocolatey-er. The raspberry in it is nice, but, well, it’s not called Raspberry Rocket, is it? I actually find this kind of dull. Not for me.

Well, this tea, though improperly steeped thanks to a power outage, may have not been very good at 9pm last night due to it indeed giving you an energy boost… I find I quite like it just the same. It’s not my favourite tea by far but I know it’ll be a grand pick me up in the afternoon.

It does smell very much like chocolate but the taste never is overpowering of it, which is delightful. It doesn’t need any additives to be enjoyed and there’s a few recipes out there including it as an ingredient making it earn a place on my shelf. Quite outstanding.

Brilliant Aroma with the chocolate and raspberries. One of my higher rated choices from David’s.

I really like this one, partly because of the taste (chocolate and raspberries, how can you go wrong?), but also because I like the energy the mateine in it gives me.

The initial smell is amazing, and while the taste doesn’t fully live up to the smell, it does a pretty good job. I discovered that I prefer it steeped for a long time, and cooled off a bit, which makes it perfect to take to work with me. A bit of stevia or cane sugar helps to bring out the flavours.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

Brooke: Overall, this tea rocks. Pun intended (get it? Chocolate Rocket? Hmph). From the name alone I was hooked. The raspberry wasn’t tart and bitter, it was silky smooth. I think the whole taste could be summed up as a quality street chocolate. You know, the ones with the fruity goo in them? Even though the description said we’d taste the chocolate first, we had the reverse effect… with delicious results. Mmmm. Pour me another cup. 8.5/10.

Stacey: It’s different, that’s for sure. It’s interesting that as you go in for a sip you’re hit with the smell of the raspberry and your taste buds get to enjoy nice chocolate flavour. I think we might have to add more matés to our tea cupboard; this tea is just utterly delicious and has me wanting more. The flavours are so soft and inviting. I’m kind of left speechless with this one…I hope that’s not the stimulant kicking in… 8/10.

Read the full review here :) http://teaconnoisseurs.wordpress.com/2012/11/22/

I love this tea! It is so chocolate-y, so rich. It such an complex and amazing blend, it reminds me a bit of Fantasy Island but richer! After your sip you taste a bit of raspberry after taste. The dry leaves smell so yummy, I keep opening the jar to smell it. A plus is that its a Mate which is a good alternative to caffeine!

Tea 2 of 24days. I was really excited to try this one. It had everything I love together in combination. Chocolate, raspberries and almonds. Which I basically eat all the time in ice cream form. But I was super disappointed with this tea. I got no raspberry flavour. It tasted almost smoky to me and something about the smell was just off. I will give it another try (because I have some left) since I do not want this combination to fail me. Perhaps I burnt it…

I went upstairs and left this to steep in the kitchen, when I came back downstairs a few minutes later the whole downstairs smelled of black forest gateaux. The taste did not quite live up to the smell for me, next time I will drink it as a latté with almond milk.

However! It definitely woke me up, it was much more stimulating than the chai guarana that I bought specifically for that purpose.