Chocolate Rocket

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Almond, Artificial Flavouring, Cocoa, Raspberry, Roasted Chicory Root, Yerba Mate Leaves
Almond, Chocolate, Raspberry, Alcohol, Artificial, Berry, Nuts, Roast nuts, Roasted, Dark Chocolate, Nutty, Tangy, Char, Cocoa, Sweet, Tannin, Coffee, Earth, Fruity, Sugar, Cherry, Jam, Musty, Tart, Berries, Floral, Dark Bittersweet, Ash, Caramel, Licorice, Nutmeg, Stonefruits, Taro Root
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

The ultimate trip

Need a boost? Try this tea. First you’ll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you’ll realize you’ve been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It’s what’s giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea was my first tea from David’s Tea. I had a pretty rough night and couldn’t keep awake at work for the life of me. I can’t drink more than 1 cup of coffee a day (gives me stomach issues) and so I decided to try this one out. I was pleasantly surprised with the taste – I was expecting it to taste like hot chocolate with raspberry. I liked that the tea had a hint of chocolate, hint of raspberry and something more. Very easy to drink. And it indeed gave me a hell of a buzz after. Overall, this tea made me want to further explore loose leaf teas.

Flavors: Chocolate

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 0 OZ / 0 ML

Sipdown!

Glad to be done with this one. It smells great in the tin, but brewed up it’s just not that special. Not a restock.

whatshesaid

I hear ya. Bleh.

Tried this for the first time the other day, not a big fan :/

Probably only have one mugs worth of this left D’:
Which means I’ll horde it, and probably not drink it for a while. I’m going to try to put myself on tea buying hiatus. Or at least get through some of my teas before buying new ones. I certainly don’t have a HUGE stash like my husband seems to think, but it does take up a bit of space in our small kitchen.
Once I get through more of my teas from David’s this is going on the list! I like it without any additions, which is nice because its low-maintenance. Chocolate and raspberry are definitely up there as far as my favorite combos go.

Here’s another example of why I steer clear of artificial flavors. DavidsTea Chocolate Rocket smells swell dried in the sachet. It reminds me quite a bit of Tazo Pogo, which also boasts chicory and cocoa but features pu-ehr and black tea in place of the mate. Once brewed, however, the amber-colored Chocolate Rocket liquor tastes like a Sharpie marker! Okay, it’s true: I’ve never tasted a Sharpie marker, so I should modify my claim. Chocolate Rocket tastes the way a Sharpie marker smells!

I must be in the minority here, given the high accolades bestowed upon this mate-chocolate-chicory blend. With cream, the marker fumes are muted to some extent, but I’ll not be purchasing this tea, a few sachets of which came in some sample sets purchased at the post-holiday sale.

This tea smells so much like Raspberry Nutri-Grain cereal bars!
I used to be crazy about it ( tastes so sweet and gives you a great boost when school/work is overwhelming), but its intense taste may end up leaving you cold.

Maybe it was just how it was prepared for me in the store, but this tea was disgusting. I honestly want to give it a score under 20 but don’t want to be inconsiderate to it perhaps being how it was steeped. Just tasted artificial and no chocolate or raspberry taste at all.

A perfect blend of chocolate and raspberries. Love at first sip. This tea has earned a permanent spot in my cupboard.

Things are so crazy right now !

Good crazy, though. I just got a huge promotion at work and it changes everythig for the absolute best : my schedule, my pay, my responsibilities, everything ! It’s just amazing. But I’ve been very busy because of that, lots of preparation, lots of training, and not much time for tea. I’ve been running around at work which means that I’ve forgotten my perfectly good tea in my timolino for hours only to not feel like drinking this particular one after all that time… Like yesterday, I brought a full tumbler of Chocolate Rocket, totally forgot about it, and then I didn’t feel like it at all because it’s a tea I like to drink in the morning…

So anyway, today, it’s Saturday, so I just made myself another cup of Chocolate Rocket to make up for the full tumbler I wasted yesterday. And it’s still as awesome as always. Yay !

Before opening presents Christmas morning, I got the kettle ready knowing I was getting this tea. As soon as I opened the can and smelled it, I quickly remembered I’m not always fond of raspberry and chocolate together. I must have picked this because of the decent rating and it was a high stimulant that I was looking for after getting away from coffee.

The handful of times I have had this, I find it most tolerable as a latte hot or iced because it helps mute the smell. 7 months later, the smell is not as strong as it was when I first opened it and my very last cup was the best.

I don’t regret getting this tea because I have happily shared it with those who wanted to try it and liked it but I don’t think I would get it again.