Chocolate Rocket

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Almond, Artificial Flavouring, Cocoa, Raspberry, Roasted Chicory Root, Yerba Mate Leaves
Almond, Chocolate, Raspberry, Coffee, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Fruity, Artificial, Berry, Sugar, Cherry, Jam, Roasted, Sweet, Char, Musty, Tart, Berries, Floral, Dark Bittersweet, Nuts, Cocoa, Ash, Caramel, Licorice, Nutmeg, Stonefruits, Taro Root
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

The ultimate trip

Need a boost? Try this tea. First you’ll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you’ll realize you’ve been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It’s what’s giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I love chocolate & I love energy. This tea was a perfect blend for me. The addition of the almonds and raspberries just makes it even better.

Ok Winter… I’m good now you can change into Spring anytime! (Heh ya right… like the weather/seasons have ever listened to me!) -34C windchill walking to work today… I’m still chilled!

It’s definitely a Monday morning too, I really needed a pick-me-up and have been craving this for a bit now so I took the plunge. Lots of raspberry flavor today alongside the chocolate and roasted mate notes. I was also getting a few notes from the almond but they were almost a bit burnt… not sure where that came from. I must say though, this tea has grown on me… slowly. I never really liked it and now? Now it’s not half bad :)

In other news I think I’ve finally adapted to my new teaspoon… my previous one won’t fit into the jars that I’m now using at work so I snatched an actual teaspoon measuring spoon from home (Hi honey! There’s still two left in the drawer, and you haven’t even noticed this one missing yet! So no harm no foul right? wink Right?) It’s been a bit of an adjustment but I think I’ve got it now!

Super delish. I am a huge fan of chocolate, so this really hit the spot! I love how the cocoa nibs taste when steeped in tea, but it is important not to burn them!

The raspberry tastes stands out most to me in this tea. The famous chocolate-raspberry blend prevails in this tea!

Another tea from my co-worker!
This tea is a nice pick me up when you really need a boost. I will say though, it tastes more like fruit than chocolate, but the fruit taste isn’t artificial like other teas. It’s quite refreshing!

Making this right now. I have one of the travel tins of the stuff and as soon as I opened it I got the smell of Tootsie Rolls. That is not a bad thing at all.

Liquor smells nutty, tho the chocolate is still pretty prominent.

Upon tasting, it’s very rich and quite nutty- the almonds are pretty prominent. The chocolate is there, but mostly in aroma form. Pretty nice tea but not as sweet as I’d like. David’s Raspberry agave would be a great addition.

My roommate and I reviewed this tea here:

Check out our blog. :)

Day 2 of my “I like to do things backwards” Easter Advent calendar.

…I think we all know how I feel about this tea. It is THA BOMB.

VIA Rail has now started giving away new “thanks for traveling” chocolates if you go first class (which my dad does…often). They’re 70% organic, fair-trade dark chocolate, and made by a chocolate company called Theobroma. Reason why this chocolate company is THE BEST: Theobroma is the Latin genus name for the chocolate plant. I love “botany-smart” companies. It makes me happy. Aside from the plain dark chocolate pieces, they also have chocolate pieces with chunks of raspberries in them. I drool thinking about it.

ANYWAY. Back to tea. Chocolate, raspberry, a bit almond-y, and a WHA-BAM of roasted caffeine. Yum! I could drink this all day.

Verdict: will constantly have some in my cupboard at home and drawer at work.

carol who

This is one of my favorites. There is only one “side effect”… I end up cleaning, gardening and/or exercising that I don’t have time to drink more tea. But… my house sure is clean! ;p

Jen M

@carol who I can’t say I’ve ever had the desire to clean after (or during) drinking this tea. My dusty things say “please develop this side effect!!!” lol. I do knit a lot faster while drinking it, though. At least that’s productive…I almost have a nice new short-sleeved shirt to wear!

One of the best Mate teas Davids Tea has to offer… ridiculously awesome if you go into the store and order it as an iced late with coco in the milk.

Awesome pick me up, and the chocolate raspberry combination is out of this world!

I liked this one even less than chocolate orange. It was different. Maybe too many flavours at once? Raspberry, almonds etc. I won’t be buying more. Tasted a bit artificial and I didn’t like that.

if teas had a level of difficulty, i feel like this one would be somewhat high. On the days i can make this properly, it tastes wonderful! otherwise its not so good