Chocolate Rocket

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Almond, Artificial Flavouring, Cocoa, Raspberry, Roasted Chicory Root, Yerba Mate Leaves
Chocolate, Raspberry, Almond, Coffee, Fruity, Artificial, Berry, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Sugar, Cherry, Jam, Roasted, Sweet, Char, Musty, Tart, Berries, Floral, Dark Bittersweet, Nuts, Cocoa, Ash, Caramel, Licorice, Nutmeg, Stonefruits, Taro Root
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

The ultimate trip

Need a boost? Try this tea. First you’ll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you’ll realize you’ve been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It’s what’s giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I liked this one even less than chocolate orange. It was different. Maybe too many flavours at once? Raspberry, almonds etc. I won’t be buying more. Tasted a bit artificial and I didn’t like that.

if teas had a level of difficulty, i feel like this one would be somewhat high. On the days i can make this properly, it tastes wonderful! otherwise its not so good

I did not like the taste of fruit with chocolate, not the best mix.

This tea was my first mate tea that I had tried and I just keep going back to it! I first bought a 25g bag, but that went too quickly… Now I buy 100g bags and even have two tins for it. I love it in the morning – I just feel more awake after having it. I can’t imagine starting my day without it!

It’s called Chocolate Rocket, but the strongest note I get is raspberry. It reminds me a lot of milk chocolate-covered fruit. There’s some natural sweetness, but not too much. A decent tea, but it hasn’t made me a big fan of yerba mate.

I’ll be honest: I’ve ever been a fan of chicory. I’m trying to put that aside for this review, but…

This was included in the Chocolate Box (set of 9 chocolate teas) from David’s Tea. In the first cup I tried, I had no raspberry pieces. The only flavors I could pick up were the chicory, a bit of chocolate, and maybe a very slight hint of almond.

I made another cup, this time being sure to get a raspberry piece in the scoop. This cup certainly smelled of raspberry at least (as another reviewer said, it was just like the old Lip Smackers!) but I wouldn’t say it had a strong raspberry flavor. That said, the raspberry did seem to balance out the earthiness of the chicory, mellowing the flavor a bit. This cup was much better. The chocolate and almond seemed to come out more for me as the chicory was muted; the flavors were well balanced.

I’m glad I gave this one a second chance. All in all, it was a good cup of tea, but I wouldn’t buy a tin of it because of my feelings towards chicory. However, if you like chicory and you like chocolate, you’ll love this one!

This tea reminded and smelled like Lip Smackers lip gloss I had when I was younger that I didn’t like. Definitely would not buy this again or recommend it.

I dunno, for something with the name Chocolate Rocket, I’ve gotta say, I’ve tasted chocolatey-er. The raspberry in it is nice, but, well, it’s not called Raspberry Rocket, is it? I actually find this kind of dull. Not for me.

Well, this tea, though improperly steeped thanks to a power outage, may have not been very good at 9pm last night due to it indeed giving you an energy boost… I find I quite like it just the same. It’s not my favourite tea by far but I know it’ll be a grand pick me up in the afternoon.

It does smell very much like chocolate but the taste never is overpowering of it, which is delightful. It doesn’t need any additives to be enjoyed and there’s a few recipes out there including it as an ingredient making it earn a place on my shelf. Quite outstanding.

Brilliant Aroma with the chocolate and raspberries. One of my higher rated choices from David’s.