Chocolate Rocket

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Almond, Artificial Flavouring, Cocoa, Raspberry, Roasted Chicory Root, Yerba Mate Leaves
Almond, Chocolate, Raspberry, Coffee, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Fruity, Artificial, Berry, Sugar, Cherry, Jam, Roasted, Sweet, Char, Musty, Tart, Berries, Floral, Dark Bittersweet, Nuts, Cocoa, Ash, Caramel, Licorice, Nutmeg, Stonefruits, Taro Root
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

The ultimate trip

Need a boost? Try this tea. First you’ll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you’ll realize you’ve been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It’s what’s giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Super delish. I am a huge fan of chocolate, so this really hit the spot! I love how the cocoa nibs taste when steeped in tea, but it is important not to burn them!

The raspberry tastes stands out most to me in this tea. The famous chocolate-raspberry blend prevails in this tea!

Another tea from my co-worker!
This tea is a nice pick me up when you really need a boost. I will say though, it tastes more like fruit than chocolate, but the fruit taste isn’t artificial like other teas. It’s quite refreshing!

Making this right now. I have one of the travel tins of the stuff and as soon as I opened it I got the smell of Tootsie Rolls. That is not a bad thing at all.

Liquor smells nutty, tho the chocolate is still pretty prominent.

Upon tasting, it’s very rich and quite nutty- the almonds are pretty prominent. The chocolate is there, but mostly in aroma form. Pretty nice tea but not as sweet as I’d like. David’s Raspberry agave would be a great addition.

My roommate and I reviewed this tea here:

Check out our blog. :)

Day 2 of my “I like to do things backwards” Easter Advent calendar.

…I think we all know how I feel about this tea. It is THA BOMB.

VIA Rail has now started giving away new “thanks for traveling” chocolates if you go first class (which my dad does…often). They’re 70% organic, fair-trade dark chocolate, and made by a chocolate company called Theobroma. Reason why this chocolate company is THE BEST: Theobroma is the Latin genus name for the chocolate plant. I love “botany-smart” companies. It makes me happy. Aside from the plain dark chocolate pieces, they also have chocolate pieces with chunks of raspberries in them. I drool thinking about it.

ANYWAY. Back to tea. Chocolate, raspberry, a bit almond-y, and a WHA-BAM of roasted caffeine. Yum! I could drink this all day.

Verdict: will constantly have some in my cupboard at home and drawer at work.

carol who

This is one of my favorites. There is only one “side effect”… I end up cleaning, gardening and/or exercising that I don’t have time to drink more tea. But… my house sure is clean! ;p

Jen M

@carol who I can’t say I’ve ever had the desire to clean after (or during) drinking this tea. My dusty things say “please develop this side effect!!!” lol. I do knit a lot faster while drinking it, though. At least that’s productive…I almost have a nice new short-sleeved shirt to wear!

One of the best Mate teas Davids Tea has to offer… ridiculously awesome if you go into the store and order it as an iced late with coco in the milk.

Awesome pick me up, and the chocolate raspberry combination is out of this world!

I liked this one even less than chocolate orange. It was different. Maybe too many flavours at once? Raspberry, almonds etc. I won’t be buying more. Tasted a bit artificial and I didn’t like that.

if teas had a level of difficulty, i feel like this one would be somewhat high. On the days i can make this properly, it tastes wonderful! otherwise its not so good

I did not like the taste of fruit with chocolate, not the best mix.

This tea was my first mate tea that I had tried and I just keep going back to it! I first bought a 25g bag, but that went too quickly… Now I buy 100g bags and even have two tins for it. I love it in the morning – I just feel more awake after having it. I can’t imagine starting my day without it!