Chocolate Rocket

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Almond, Artificial Flavouring, Cocoa, Raspberry, Roasted Chicory Root, Yerba Mate Leaves
Chocolate, Raspberry, Almond, Coffee, Jam, Roasted, Sweet, Char, Earth, Musty, Tart, Berries, Floral, Dark Bittersweet, Nuts, Cocoa, Ash, Caramel, Licorice, Nutmeg, Stonefruits, Taro Root, Dark Chocolate
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “Breakfast tea with a little Keemun added..... Breakfast today was Oat Bran with dried cranberries, golden raisins, a tbs of half & half and packet of sweetener. It so reminds me of the Cream of...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 974 tasting notes
  • “Bumping up the rating a little because this tea has a permanent place in my cupboard. Drinking my giant travel mug full of this is slightly helping cut through the gloom and doom of this foggy,...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 505 tasting notes
  • “Chocolate rocket. CHOCOLATE rocket! CHOCOLATE ROCKET!! Imagine me running around the house with my arms extended like airplane wings chanting CHOCOLATE ROCKET! The dogs look puzzled and a little...” Read full tasting note
    CraftyVeganJenn 150 tasting notes
  • “Gah, this morning. So my wife and I couldn't fall asleep until 2:30 am or so after we were stood up at Waffle House last night. I woke up this morning and glanced at the digital clock, which read...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1320 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The ultimate trip

Need a boost? Try this tea. First you’ll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you’ll realize you’ve been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It’s what’s giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Perfect. Just perfect.

Lovely tea. I don’t get a lot of chocolate flavour, but the raspberry really comes out.

Dry, this smells amazing, though very little like chocolate. More like raspberries.

Brewed, the smell is hard to place: kind of fruity, but a little more earthy (likely from the chicory.) The taste is lovely, but definitely not super chocolately; it’s really all about the raspberries, with a little bit of sweet earthiness (again, that chicory!)

When I drink this tea I feel like I’m eating chocolate raspberry cake. ’nough said.

Oh, and, don’t drink this tea at night. I was riding chocolate rockets around way laaaaate into the night, could not sleep! Great morning tea though.

This tea isn’t bad, but after drinking it for a while, I find it’s not tasty enough. It taste like water most of the time. It’s like if it tasted someting untastable for my tongue, I seems I can only smell it, but not taste it anymore. Strange, isn’t it? Even more because I used to like it at first!

I totally thought I wasn’t going to enjoy this. I’m not a mate fan, but there’s something about the chocolate and nutty taste of this that mate that really is simply divine. Of course, I couldn’t brew it for too long…but steeped to perfection this tea is perfect for a cold winter’s day.

Well, I guess I had high expectations for this tea, after reading some of the reviews on this tea last night. It is… interesting. Haha. I couldn’t smell the chocolate as much as I thought I would, when I first opened the tin.

This tea, tastes like banana bread. With chocolate chips. I swear. It’s spot on! I didn’t mind it. The flavor isn’t over-powering, and I got most of the chocolate as an after taste. I feel like there are maybe too many competing flavors in this tea. I could do without the nuts, I think. Altogether, not bad. I’d have another mug, but probably won’t buy any. Personally, I think I ended up liking the Read My Lips tea more than this, in terms of chocolate flavor.

This is my day #4 of the David’s Tea “24 Days of Tea” advent calendar.

This definitely reminds me of Terry’s Chocolate orange, but in the raspberry flavour. I was pleasantly surprised with this tea, I thought it would be a meh for me. You can definitely taste everything that is in there and they all mix well. I will be purchasing 100g of this in the future :)

This is my favourite tea from DAVIDsTEA. I love the chocolate and the raspberry and almond tastes, and I love the way the energy from the mate hits you. It is simply delightful!

Great smelling robust tea when dry, I steeped this tea strong and added a half cupful of vanilla soy milk. When steeped it continues to have a bold aroma and deep notes of sweet chocolate. The milk perfectly compliments this tea and enhances the tea true flavor. I look forward to trying this tea without milk to taste the bare flavor.