Chocolate Rocket

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Almond, Artificial Flavouring, Cocoa, Raspberry, Roasted Chicory Root, Yerba Mate Leaves
Almond, Coffee, Dark Bittersweet, Raspberry, Chocolate, Nuts, Roasted, Cocoa, Ash, Caramel, Licorice, Nutmeg, Stonefruits, Taro Root, Berries, Dark Chocolate, Earth
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “Breakfast tea with a little Keemun added..... Breakfast today was Oat Bran with dried cranberries, golden raisins, a tbs of half & half and packet of sweetener. It so reminds me of the Cream of...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 970 tasting notes
  • “Bumping up the rating a little because this tea has a permanent place in my cupboard. Drinking my giant travel mug full of this is slightly helping cut through the gloom and doom of this foggy,...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “Chocolate rocket. CHOCOLATE rocket! CHOCOLATE ROCKET!! Imagine me running around the house with my arms extended like airplane wings chanting CHOCOLATE ROCKET! The dogs look puzzled and a little...” Read full tasting note
    CraftyVeganJenn 150 tasting notes
  • “Gah, this morning. So my wife and I couldn't fall asleep until 2:30 am or so after we were stood up at Waffle House last night. I woke up this morning and glanced at the digital clock, which read...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1220 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The ultimate trip

Need a boost? Try this tea. First you’ll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you’ll realize you’ve been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It’s what’s giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I am getting so much more nutty chocolate flavour this time around. The raspberry is only in the aftertaste now. It is still pretty thin looking (only light light brown) and tasting at 4 minutes. I keep forgetting to overleaf this one and steep longer.

I added just a small amount of agave, less than 1 tsp, but I added vanilla creamer. It is not a bad tea to have around the house for when you don’t know what you want. This one is pretty versatile, it takes a lot of things well so you can slightly alter the final cup to suit whatever moods you find yourself in. (I’ve tried it with caramel cremer, hazelnut creamer and now vanilla). It could even be chai if you have got spices I’m sure.

Last cup, and another one down!

I completely love this one though, and will eventually pick up more of this. It is way better a mate than the mate chai I had in my cupboard previously. I’m not always the biggest fan of the chocolate-and-raspberry combination, but these flavours just work together perfectly. I think it is the almond balancing everything out.

I like to match this one up with DT’s raspberry-flavoured agave. You need to be careful not to overdo it on the agave, though – I have discovered that the flavouring is quite strong, and if you go hard on the agave, you end up with tea that tastes like raspberry flavouring and, uhhh… Raspberry flavouring. So yeah. Not too much agave.

PatchworkSheep

Nice to hear some thoughts on the flavoured agave syrups; I’ve only had (and loved) the regular stuff. Thank you!

Daniel Scott

Funny, I’ve never liked agave that much. To me, it has an aftertaste extremely reminiscent of earwax and I just didn’t like it. I think I’ve gotten more used to it over time though, and it bothers me less now. I ended up getting both the syrups out of sheer curiosity, and I do like them well enough – for agave. :P Raspberry’s my preference, I think it has the least earwax-y aftertaste. I like it on ice cream!

I had an insomnia night, which happens rarely. I was up 5am commenting on discussion boards and studying my korean – at least it was productive! Now I’m sleepy and had to bust out this tea. Not that I’m complaining, love this stuff! The raspberry flavor is yum!

CHOCOLATE ROCKET BLASTS OFF AGAIN! http://oolongowl.wordpress.com/2013/01/15/chocolate-rocket-from-davidstea-tea-review/

CrowKettle

Best reference.

I was FINALLY able to try this one! It’s been on my list for a while…Special Thanks to the lovely DaisyChubb!!!! Thanks!

This could just be the best flavored Yerba Mate or at the very least one of the best flavored Yerba mate I have ever tried! The chocolate flavors are great and that little bit of berry is pretty awesome, too!The Chicory is just-right!

Wonderful flavor in this!~

Took my big new Bodum travel press to work the other day filled with this. It was a late closing shift and I needed all the energy I could get.

I was unsure how this would do in the travel press, since the leaves stay in the press until you’re finished the beverage. This seemed like a recipe for oversteeping to me. Luckily it actually melded the flavours together better than a regular steeping. By the time I went to drink this several hours after steeping it, the temperature was perfect and there was SO much berry flavour and the roastiness of the mate really came through.

As a snack with this tea, I ate a cranberry almond granola bar. It was a perfect complement to the tea.

As for the “rocket” part of this blend, I did feel more awake for the rest of the evening (even once I got home and wanted to go to bed, haha)

Shift switch! So I had to be at the station by 5am so what do I reach for on these days? Definitely a mate and I was given a chance to try this one from brandy3392 So I’ve been quite impressed so far with what I have tried from DAVIDs and this is not dissapointing me either. Especially with Mates I think that sometimes companies try to cover the flavor of the mate. I have also noticed that raspberry teas I have tried don’t seem to cut it either. However the chocolate flavor and the raspberry flavors don’t taste synthetic. The accompany the roasted mate nicely. It’s really smooth and reminds me of a good chocolate raspberry coffee blend that a coffee shop I worked for served. The hint of the almond flavor is nice too. It’s seriously like drinking a chocolate raspberry truffle. It stands up to a second steeping. The empty cup aroma on this one is flippin fantastic. I will probably order this when my swap runs out. This would be a great valentine tea.

TheTeaFairy

this maté is truly wonderful! I love when a flavored tea live up to expectation, that’s why I love DAvids tea so much!

I went a little insane today and added iced coffee to this instead of milk and it WORKED! woooo.

canadianadia

you gotta love pleasant surprises like that

Thanks to SimplyJenW for a sample of this one!

Chocolate teas have not always been my favorite because usually I find them lacking in something. This is a pretty unique blend of chocolate, mate, raspberry and almond. I steeped mine for 5 minutes and found the ingredients to be flavorful and fairly well balanced but I also probably used a bit more leaf than I typically would. This is definitely a fun way to start the day! I hope the mate gives me a boost, I need one this morning. :)

Hello, my love! Where have you been all my life?

I’ve always been somewhat wary about chocolate teas, but this one is surprisingly delicious!
When first opening this package, I caught a definite chocolate banana smell (which is strange when there’s no banana in the tea). However, when steeped this tea transforms into a wonderful balance of fruit, and chocolate. First I tasted a smooth chocolate flavor, quickly followed by fresh raspberry, finally the two flavors intertwine at the end for a delicious finish. The almonds aren’t exactly a noticeable flavor in this tea; however they do add a nice depth that would otherwise be missing.

This light tea is still full of flavor, but it wont weigh down your taste buds like I’ve found a lot of chocolate teas tend to do.

brandy3392

Is there any hint of banana flavor in this? I’ve been thinking of ordering this, but I absolutely hate bananas.

DecemberMint

While I don’t mind bananas, they don’t belong in tea :) As far as I can tell, I didn’t observe any banana flavor in the actual tea, just the smell reminded me of them. _

Indigobloom

I tasted bananas! very slight. but I think that’s my taste buds confusing the raspberry

Quick cuppa to get me going before I have to leave. I’m doing a lot recently and it’s wearing me out, but I love spending time with the people I love. :) Helps me through depression as well.

This is a LOT better the second time around. Tastes almost like chocolate almonds with a hint of spice. Super strong and robust. Mmm. Almost smokey.

TheTeaFairy

Right back at you :-) Here is the right place to be Yvonne…