Chocolate Rocket

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Almond, Artificial Flavouring, Cocoa, Raspberry, Roasted Chicory Root, Yerba Mate Leaves
Almond, Coffee, Dark Bittersweet, Raspberry, Chocolate, Nuts, Roasted, Cocoa, Ash, Caramel, Licorice, Nutmeg, Stonefruits, Taro Root, Berries, Dark Chocolate, Earth
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “Breakfast tea with a little Keemun added..... Breakfast today was Oat Bran with dried cranberries, golden raisins, a tbs of half & half and packet of sweetener. It so reminds me of the Cream of...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 970 tasting notes
  • “Bumping up the rating a little because this tea has a permanent place in my cupboard. Drinking my giant travel mug full of this is slightly helping cut through the gloom and doom of this foggy,...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “Chocolate rocket. CHOCOLATE rocket! CHOCOLATE ROCKET!! Imagine me running around the house with my arms extended like airplane wings chanting CHOCOLATE ROCKET! The dogs look puzzled and a little...” Read full tasting note
    CraftyVeganJenn 150 tasting notes
  • “Gah, this morning. So my wife and I couldn't fall asleep until 2:30 am or so after we were stood up at Waffle House last night. I woke up this morning and glanced at the digital clock, which read...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1220 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The ultimate trip

Need a boost? Try this tea. First you’ll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you’ll realize you’ve been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It’s what’s giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Oh so still delicious…

This tea is certianly my weekend pick me up tea! So for sure my weekend day start tea is this. Yumm! and this weekend I tried soaking the tea first in cool water; I understand this is probably not best for a flavoured mate, but it worked and I must say it did bring out the flavour slightly. I did notice that soaking the tea first made the chocolate far more subtle and gave this tea more of an amaretto taste as it helped bring the almonds to the fore front.

I can’t wait for next Saturday, already!

I woke up late soo I don’t have time to steep my tea and let it cool. So whenever that happens to me I just put evaporated milk in my tea to cool it down a bit. ANYWAY, I steeped Chocolate Rocket and poured some evap. milk in it and it tastes delicious!! As you know, I already love Chocolate Rocket but with evaporated milk though it’s just like heaven!!!

Okay, so I was a little worried I was going to regret having mate instead of my beloved black tea first thing in the morning, but this was pretty good! I haven’t tried a lot of mate, so I’m still a newbie, but this one had a nice complexity of flavor, and a good thickness to it. Mate always smells and tastes like banana chips to me, and I don’t think I’m the only one, based on the reviews I’ve read. I could taste banana, chocolate, some nuttiness, and maybe a little raspberry in the aftertaste. I think the thickness was just perfect, making it more like black tea. I didn’t feel like I got a huge jolt of caffeine, so I’m not sure if this woke me up or not, but I’m glad I didn’t get all crazed. I really did enjoy it, and I think it will be a nice occasional alternative to my morning black tea! All thanks to the DavidsTea sales guy, who kindly gave me some for free! How awesome is that?!

jeweledthumb

I really like this one too (semi surprisingly)

Tealizzy

jeweledthumb – ya, I was totally surprised! Have you tried any other mate you like? I have some cocoberry I haven’t tried yet, so that should be interesting.

Dry Leaf Nose: Sweet chocolate and raspberries.

Liquor: Dark and aromatic with notes of chocolate and berries.

Flavour: Rich chocolate and raspberry flavours with a delicate mate finish.

Thanks to jessiwrites for this one too!

I can smell the raspberries and chocolate as it’s steeping. I despise fruit and chocolate together but this one has quite a high rating so I had to give it a shot.

The chocolate seems to be overtaking the scent now that’s it’s steeped and I’m waiting for it to cool.

Well I can see why most people would enjoy this tea, and it’s certainly smooth, but it’s not for me.

jessiwrites

Yeah, if you don’t like chocolate with fruit, you would totally not enjoy this. :(

whatshesaid

Aw, that’s one of my favorites for work because of the caffeine (and the deliciousness)

There is a jukebox that lives in my brain and it plays what I’m thinking to the tune of various songs or sometime the original songs. For example, this cup is a sipdown and whenever I have a sipdown I hear it repeated in my head to the tune of Jungle Boogie. When I see the word rocket, like in chocolate rocket, I hear a part of the Flight of the Concord’s Boom Boom song “Like a rocket taking off to the moon”. My head is a ridiculous place to live.

Onto the tea? Roasty, with a chocolate raspberry candy aftertaste. It was interesting at first, but as it cools I’m getting a flat cardboard like flavor. It just gets worse as it cools further. Pitty, roasty chocolate raspberry has so much potential.

__Morgana__

Heh. Love the brain jukebox.

jeweledthumb

I think this performs best as a latte.

Dustin

I don’t think I have tried a mate as a latte before! Surprisingly, my brain has no song for that!

I love this tea… The smell from the bag, I couldn’t really detect much from this smell… Brewed, it smells so much better, I get a nutty chocolate mate.. I loved it… even better,, the taste..

Tasting it.. It was a perfect strong chocolate taste… not a sweet chocolate, more of a bitter chocolate which I loved. It was rich, not as smooth as I had hoped but seriously.. steeping this tea for a little longer than usual really REALLY makes the difference..

Now that the tea is cold I tried to have a sip, shockingly.. I like this tea cold rather than hot.. only because I can taste it more, the sweetness comes more like this,

I don’t know if I’d buy this again… I’d definitely drink it again but I wouldn’t stock up bags of this…

Amazing tea to wake up to!! I was looking forward to drinking this for the first time. Steeped it once in the morning, and it gave me so much energy from its chocolaty, coffee tasting goodness, that I infused a second time and it was just as good.

Will be drinking this almost every morning.

revlisx

It tastes like Terry’s Chocolate Orange, but the Raspberry version :)

needed something comforting this morning, dropped the munchkin off for her last day at daycare, she starts preschool next week. anyway i was bawling… will most likely be much worst tonight when she has to say good bye to everyone for the last time…welling up just thinking about this…

this tea will help comfort you whatever your problems and save you from yourself and that box of chocolates you were gonna drown your sorrows in

This is some good tea. Thanks to Naylynn for the sample. I was inclined to like it just because of the name:) Opening the package was another hint as to how good this was going to. Very chocolatey and smooth berries. The mate wakes me in the morning and refreshes me later in the day. Can a taste be round? That was the first word that came into my head when I tasted this. The Mate and chicory make a nice strong base with out overpowering the other flavors. The raspberry, almond and chocolate seem to fill my whole mouth with happiness. This would be one of those teas to throw in a cup/tumbler and take to work. I’d have a smile on my face all the way there:) Definitely one to add on my shopping list!

Flavors: Berries, Chocolate