Chocolate Rocket

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Almond, Artificial Flavouring, Cocoa, Raspberry, Roasted Chicory Root, Yerba Mate Leaves
Chocolate, Raspberry, Almond, Coffee, Jam, Roasted, Sweet, Char, Earth, Musty, Tart, Berries, Floral, Dark Bittersweet, Nuts, Cocoa, Ash, Caramel, Licorice, Nutmeg, Stonefruits, Taro Root, Dark Chocolate
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “Breakfast tea with a little Keemun added..... Breakfast today was Oat Bran with dried cranberries, golden raisins, a tbs of half & half and packet of sweetener. It so reminds me of the Cream of...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 974 tasting notes
  • “Bumping up the rating a little because this tea has a permanent place in my cupboard. Drinking my giant travel mug full of this is slightly helping cut through the gloom and doom of this foggy,...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 505 tasting notes
  • “Chocolate rocket. CHOCOLATE rocket! CHOCOLATE ROCKET!! Imagine me running around the house with my arms extended like airplane wings chanting CHOCOLATE ROCKET! The dogs look puzzled and a little...” Read full tasting note
    CraftyVeganJenn 150 tasting notes
  • “Gah, this morning. So my wife and I couldn't fall asleep until 2:30 am or so after we were stood up at Waffle House last night. I woke up this morning and glanced at the digital clock, which read...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1320 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The ultimate trip

Need a boost? Try this tea. First you’ll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you’ll realize you’ve been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It’s what’s giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I decided to grab a cup of this to go and I’m so glad I did! I love the raspberries and roasted chicory root. Just a very tasty Yerba mate! Will have to stock this one in my work drawer :)

A fun, tasteful blend! I was pleased to taste all ingredients a great amount. Usually, in my experience, some chocolate teas are too heavy on the chocolate taste and end up not being how it sounds in the description. I love the sweet hints of fresh raspberries – it’s literally an explosion of amazing flavours. Highly impressed with this blend.

I wasn’t sure if I’d like a chocolate & raspberry flavored tea. I like chocolate candy with raspberry in the middle, but I just couldn’t imagine these flavors in a hot tea. I sure am glad that I read all the rave reviews on Steepster & ordered some for myself! This stuff is decadent. It tastes like melted chocolate with raspberry jam and a hint of almond. I am 100% not a morning person. Chocolate Rocket makes my morning less of a drag. Ya, it’s that good.

I just tried it this morning and it was quite tasty. It is marked as a stimulant and it does jump start you in the morning.

Boiling

Taste is buttery and I do taste the chocolate and I definitely can tell it is roasted and there is just a hint of raspberry. Not a bad tea…would be better with a bit more raspberry flavour; as for energy, I had four cups and no effect…might be that I am just too exhausted or I am a quick metabolizer of caffeine.

I really thought I would love this one, but I thought it was just okay. I found that it lacked flavor…but then again, I really don’t pay attention to water temperatures or steep times. I think from now on, I’m going to do my research, find out what kinda lovin’ my particular type of tea needs, and steep it properly to make sure that I give each tea a legitimate rating. I hate to think that some of my teas are getting the shitty end of the stick because I can’t be bothered to take two minutes to glance at a package.

I found this tea to have a very noticeable chocolate flavor (as it should, considering its name) and a slight hint of berry. I found it similar to DAVIDs Love Tea No. 7.

I really want to love this tea. I’ll try another cup of this tomorrow and vow to take the time and prepare my teas properly from now on…starting with this one.

I made this as a latte with almond milk. It’s is a nice-tasting mate. I’m definitely smelling the banana others have noted, and taste that a bit too. It’s a bit offputting for me, sensitive as I am to banana, but the chocolate-raspberry combination works well enough here to make up for it. This has made a nice, creamy latte that tastes rich but not too heavy.

Unfortunately, I’m having the same experience with this as I have with other mates; for some reason mate kind of seems to turn my stomach even if I find one I like the taste of. It’s just doing weird things and making me feel queasy. Ugh! My throat also always feels strange after/while drinking mate. What’s with that?

This was my first mate tea so I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. The dry leaves smell strongly of chocolate, but not milk chocolate. The tea itself tastes chocolatey, but not overwhemlingly so, with the taste of bannana right underneath. This tea had kind of a smokey taste, from the chicory I assume, and I think it really compliments the other flavors. My rommate also enjoyed it, so I think I will have to get more of this one.

Is that a Chocolate Rocket in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?!

This was one of the first tea’s my sister came home from DT with, and she brought it out upon my next visit. Which had me thinking two things, first was why did I stop getting Mate’s from DT and secondly why in the heck have I kept skipping over Chocolate Rocket!

Dry this Mate has an amazing smell of chocolate and chicory that would make Martha Stewart envious! I literally enjoy opening this one and just huffing back the smell it is so great. Steeping will fill the room with the same chocolate and chicory smell that will have you salivating. The final brew is a nice dark brown color and retains it’s amazing aroma, it taste’s pretty much how it smells and makes a deadly late.

This is a must have on hand for sure!

canadianadia

Bahahaha “Is that a Chocolate Rocket in your pocket or are you just happy to see me” love it!

This is day 2 from the 24 days of teas Christmas calendar. I wasn’t really impressed with this one. The dry leaf smells like a box of low quality dark chocolate raspberry truffles. The kind you get at the drugstore. The chocolate smells artificial. The taste: If I didn’t know this was called chocolate rocket I wouldn’t have known there was chocolate in here, I would have thought this was straight up raspberry tea with something weird lingering in the background, flavorless stale carob? Think I’ll pass on this one.