Chocolate Rocket

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Almond, Artificial Flavouring, Cocoa, Raspberry, Roasted Chicory Root, Yerba Mate Leaves
Chocolate, Raspberry, Berries, Floral, Sweet, Almond, Coffee, Dark Bittersweet, Nuts, Roasted, Cocoa, Ash, Caramel, Licorice, Nutmeg, Stonefruits, Taro Root, Dark Chocolate, Earth
High
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “Breakfast tea with a little Keemun added..... Breakfast today was Oat Bran with dried cranberries, golden raisins, a tbs of half & half and packet of sweetener. It so reminds me of the Cream of...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 974 tasting notes
  • “Bumping up the rating a little because this tea has a permanent place in my cupboard. Drinking my giant travel mug full of this is slightly helping cut through the gloom and doom of this foggy,...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “Chocolate rocket. CHOCOLATE rocket! CHOCOLATE ROCKET!! Imagine me running around the house with my arms extended like airplane wings chanting CHOCOLATE ROCKET! The dogs look puzzled and a little...” Read full tasting note
    CraftyVeganJenn 150 tasting notes
  • “Gah, this morning. So my wife and I couldn't fall asleep until 2:30 am or so after we were stood up at Waffle House last night. I woke up this morning and glanced at the digital clock, which read...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1243 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The ultimate trip

Need a boost? Try this tea. First you’ll experience a pure, sweet hit of chocolate. Then you’ll find yourself awash in the freshness of raspberries. Followed by the richness of almonds and chicory. And then, bang, you’ll realize you’ve been infused with roasted Brazilian maté. How will you know? It’s what’s giving you all that crazy energy. Just fly with it.

Ingredients: Roasted Yerba maté (Brasil), cocoa, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Brewed: 1.5 tsp put in tea bag. Brewed in-cup with water left for a minute or two after boiling.

First cup: Brewed for around 4.5 minutes
Well, this is odd. I’m used to this tea oversteeping and becoming too strong, hence my decision to brew it in-cup. However, I seem to have had the opposite problem today: it’s not as strong as it should be at all. This is, however, the appropriate amount of tea for the amount of water I’m using. Perhaps I should have let it brew longer or else put in a bit more tea.

Second cup: Resteeped for 10-15 minutes
Still not as strong as I’d like, but not horrible. I can taste everything, it’s just… not as strong as I’d like it. That being said, I’m still terribly in love with this tea’s flavour profile. Woodsy from the roasted maté and chicory root, chocolate-almond deliciousness, and then a hint of sweet-fruitiness from the raspberry. Seriously. I’m in love with this tea. Just not this steep, which is barely showing off what this tea has to offer.

Third cup: Re-resteeped over dinner
Well, as a third steep, I’m not surprised that it’s echoing the flavours, though the longer steep definitely allowed some of them to come through. The woodsiness is still coming through decently, as is the hint of sweetness from the raspberry. Probably no better or worse than I’d expect a third steep to be with most teas.

My overall impression: I’m disappointed by this steep. I love this tea, but I probably wouldn’t have bought it again if this was my first impression of the tea. While I liked the flavour, it was always far too weak for me, even though I tried following the manufacturer’s directions.

Next time, I’ll put in a bit of extra tea for the pot/cup, and definitely up the brewing time to the full five minutes. Hopefully it will like that plan better than it did my execution this afternoon.

My rating: B- 73%. I love the flavour, but it was far too weak to get the proper taste.

My overall rating for this tea: Closer to high 80s or low 90s. I’m going to say 89 for argument’s sake, but I reserve the right to alter this after I have a proper cup of this again.

Huge fan of this tea! I make a cup each day before work. It works as a fantastic pick me up, and the flavor of it is a great. It mixes really well with DavidsTea’s Jumpy Monkey as well.

Goddam, this is good.

I drink chocolate-flavoured teas in the winter, to keep away from hot chocolate, and usually gravitate towards strong black teas, with cinnamon & spice. This is not that. Its not assertively chocolate, but it is very well balanced, slightly sweet from the raspberries, pleasantly nutty, and surprisingly creamy. I don’t put milk in tea, but this tempts me to perversion.

One of those rare teas, which would be equally welcome at breakfast, or after dinner.

this was definitely the biggest surprise from my advent calendar adventure (and am i ever late on writing this review haha)
chocolate is not really my thing, or so i thought. this tea changed my mind. it is yummy and smells like raspberries. raspberries are the best thing ever, the end.
i want to brew this in my fake-gaiwan and pretend it is like brewing it in a gourd. i’ll report back with my findings.

This has officially supplanted Read My Lips as my teagasm of choice.

katgolik bought a small 14g sample of this, didn’t much care for it, and traded me for it.

My first smell was absolute heaven, my first taste was better than (I’d like to say my first kiss, but honestly I’ve managed to forget it…) … so better than anything I can ever remember trying for the first time.

This tea blows my head off, leaves my socks in a crumpled heap on the floor, and lifts my poor depressed ass for take off. I spin around merrily after drinking this, the lovely taste of the finest raspberry sponge cake in my mouth, and the magical smell of warmchocolatesundrenched raspberries floating in the air.

The first night I tried this, I dreamt about it all night long, and promptly ordered 100g on the website.

Oh, Chocolate Rocket, my love, my darling – there is no finer tea than you.

My first maté, and it tastes exactly like if you put a handful of chocolate chips in a bag of gummy raspberries. Need I say more?

Went to DT today to refill my David’s Organic Breakfast, and walked away with 5 new teas. Oops!

First impressions for Chocolate Rocket – It smells like a banana nutella crepe! The liquor is really dark and has the same aroma.

Taste – It’s actually really enjoyable. At first I taste choco-raspberry-banana (where is that coming from?), and then it mellows out to what I assume is maté. I agree with Uniquity , the flavor of the chickory came out more as the temperature decreased.

Loveability – I don’t know if I will refill on this one once it’s gone, but I’ll enjoy it while it’s around.

God this was friggin’ tasty. And, as promised, velvety. Very smooth, unlike other chocolate-based teas which I find to be rather bitter or at the very least sharp. Definitely need to pick up more of this.

I thought I would love this tea based on the ratings but I have brewed it a few times and it just falls flat with me. I’m not a fan of artificial flavouring and that comes through very strong with this tea. It’s not horrible so will probably finish off what I have but won’t buy again.

I changed my ratings on this tea only because it’s such a well loved tea. I’ve tried to love it but it doesn’t work for me.

I ordered the 25 tea bag of this on sale for work. Today I was feeling extra blah so I took about 1/4 cup of skim milk, heated it up in the microwave and added hot water and then put the sachet in for about 5 minutes. I definitely get chocolate, raspberry and nut. It’s definitely yummy (with sweetener). I like the ease of the bags too. I think I’ll have another cup, actually!