Le Digestif (organic)

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 2 g 13 oz / 377 ml

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Stop suffering
The Ancient Greeks swore by peppermint to relieve stomachaches and (OK, let’s be frank) gas. The Romans used catnip. In India, they’re into fennel seed. In China, ginger has worked for 2000 years. Other traditional remedies include sweet stevia, which reduces stomach acid, and orange peel for bloating. This smooth blend has them all. Try it. It just might do the trick. Caffeine-free.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I made tostones (chunks of deep-fried unripe plantain squashed & then fried again) tonight for the first time. They came out well, but the part that I should have seen coming was the stomach upset that followed about an hour after I stopped eating. Oily starch has a tendency to hit my tummy like a ton of bricks.

After only a few sips of this my stomach felt noticeably calmer. Granted it could have been the placebo effect at work, but I think it warrants a bumping-up of my rating anyway.
Flavor-wise, it’s not something I’d reach for regularly, but it does taste nicer than I remembered, and the stevia really does mesh beautifully with the other herbs.

I had this tea for the first time this morning and so did my cat! He went crazy over the catnip and even took a sip when I wasn’t looking! I loved this tea so much that I had it twice today. It does exactly what it promises and for me that was a relief. This morning, I just steeped up a cup for the taste but after a heavy supper, I needed it for the stomach relief. I love that it is a natural remedy and also that it has no caffeine so it is perfect for late at night. I found this one to be (in terms of taste) almost in between North African Mint and Detox so if you liked those, you may enjoy this aswell. Please note that my rating is based on both taste and performance. :)

I’m not sure what to think of this one. The smell, both dry and steeped, is …weird. I get a whiff of fennel, and then peppermint, and then what I think can only be the catnip. My brain is having a hard time processing what my nose smells.

It tastes a bit better than it smells, but it’s still strange. With the exception of the catnip, I know that I really like all of the other ingredients separately and in most teas, but I don’t think they blend well together.

Digestion-wise, I can’t really say anything. My digestion tends to be pretty good. If I ever have an upset stomach I’ll have to try it again then.

I was curious to try this tea because it apparently alleviates several digestive issues. With ingredients like fennel, ginger, and peppermint, I wouldn’t be surprised. Needless to say, I didn’t feel like it alleviated those symptoms, but it’s definitely delicious. I enjoy having this as an afternoon tea if I am in the mood for something herbal. Cats love it too! (To sniff not to drink!)

I picked up this tea after a night of eating too much bratwurst and schnitzel…needless to say my tummy wasn’t feeling great. While I give kudos to this tea for making me feel much better, I wasn’t crazy about the taste OR the smell and I can’t get past it. I do enjoy ginger, but I think in this tea it was much too overpowering. I’m not normally a fan of stevia because of its aftertaste but there wasn’t much of one with this tea which was nice. I ended up giving this one away to a friend just because I know I won’t get around to drinking it. :(

A nice smooth sweet tea, you can really taste the sweetness of the stevia leaves. It is so sweet that I had to think about whether I had added honey, which I didn’t. The sweetness might have been brought out by my oversteeping it, as I don’t remember the tea being this sweet last time. Anyways, I enjoy it :)

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

This tea is for more than just tummy trouble. Today I have a slight sore throat and just wasn’t feeling like having any of my usual teas. I saw that I had this on the back of the shelf, and it is doing the trick today.

Flavors: Fennel, Peppermint

My stomach has been so-so for quite some time, so I decided to grab this at David’s today! On first smell, the fennel is strong. Even once steeped, the smell isn’t the greatest. However, once I started drinking it, it was not bad, and it settled my stomach. I will sacrifice taste if it settles my stomach! I had this with a little milk, no sugar.

Flavors: Fennel

2 g 14 OZ / 400 ML

I’m a pretty big fan of this one — it tastes pretty good – but is special in that it really does seem to help with digestion, so if you aren’t feeling 100%, brew a cup of this and you won’t be disappointed!

I went to DAVIDs today to get the summer collection and my tummy was kind of upset, but I still wanted to try something new. I must say, I made an excellent choice by trying a cup of this. The mint, ginger, and fennel work really well together and it makes a nice sweet minty drink. I will definitely be buying a tin of this once one of my other mint teas runs out! :)