The Glow (organic)

Herbal Tea
Natural Flavours, Nettle, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Marigold, Organic Rooibos, Organic Rose Hips, Peach Flavour, Rose Petals
Floral, Rose, Apple, Cinnamon, Oats, Flowers
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

3 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

This light, floral elixir is all about enhancing your skin’s clarity and elasticity. That’s why it has rooibos, with hydrating zinc and alpha hydroxy acids. It also boasts traditional stars like rose petals, rosehip and jasmine. And time-honoured nourishers like oat straw and nettle leaf. Plus there’s cinnamon, Ayurveda’s complexion saver. Just steeping it makes you glow. Caffeine-free.

Organic: cinnamon, rosehips, nettle leaf, oatstraw herb, rooibos, rose petals, jasmine flower, organic flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The Glow was another tea forced upon me by a friend.

Bias – I would never of my own accord by a tea described as a “floral elixer”. Blech.

First impressions – well, I see rose petals in the mix. Not a good start… And yet, it doesn’t smell all too floral. The cinnamon definitely comes through, and the rest kind of blends together as its supporting cast. So far, so good. Steeped, the smell is kicked up a notch to cinammon-scented flowers. eehhhh. I don’t like it. And yet… I like it. It smells inviting and warming and comforting. If odd and slightly agressive.

Flavour – huh, that’s not what I expected. It’s not that disgusting. Second cup: Hmm, that’s actually quite enjoyable. 15 cups later: Wonderful. Light and mellow, wonderfully calming, and all the flavors blend together instead of fighting for supremacy. Very nice!

Loveability – OK, I’ll admit it. I love a “floral elixer”. Especially before bed or when I need to unwind after a crappy day. This tea wins the award for Most Surprising Outcome. Oh, and I love the fact that you cannot ruin this tea no matter how you steep it. It’s fuss-free! A definate buy.

Smells like apple crisp, which is odd since there’s no apples. The cinnamon really comes through in the smell and taste. Overall, the taste is very light, not as floral as would be expected considering the roses and jasmine flowers. I find that I need to put a larger quantity of tea in my filter and leave it in longer in order for it to taste at all. Makes a nice cup for a mellow afternoon or evening, though perhaps not as intense a flavour as I would have hoped for.

Boiling 8 min or more

I like this tea more than I expected to. I don’t like ‘floral’ teas, but this one tastes more like apple and cinnamon than flowers to me.

A nice, comforting tea.

This tea is great. Since I’ve started drinking it, I am literally glowing. I save hundreds of dollars in electricity because I no longer require nightlights and I am GREAT at standing on cliffs and guiding ships safely home to harbor.

No but actually, it’s delicious. The claims are a little overblown, but I don’t even care because it just tastes sooo good. It’s okay iced, but warm it’s as comforting as an oatmeal cookie but elegant and graceful and floral and I am surprised by how much I enjoy it.

The smell of the dry leaf translates really well into the brewed tea. It’s balance of cinnamon, sweetness, and nature. I don’t really get apple – it’s our go to cinnamon partner fruit, but this is more generic. At the risk of sounding like a crazy person, you feel this tea more than you taste it. I can’t taste the nettles and rooibos, for example, but I can feel their presence in the flavor.

Aesthetically, it is a beautiful tea, and making it feels luxurious. There are roses in it! Look at you, drinking a tea with roses! Who are you, the queen?

Yes, yes you are. You owe yourself this tea.

I’m a little disappointed with this one because I tought it would taste very flowery. It tastes more like apple pie, as someone mentionned. It’s good anyway, just not what I thought it would be.

DAT SMELL. OMG. it smells like a delicious apple pie. it also happens to taste amazing, warm and cinnamon-y but not over-the-top. a perfect nighttime tea <3

Whenever I drink this tea, I do feel like I am glowing from the inside out (I know that sounds cheesy). But I just feel like everything is going to be alright, and I get into this happy place. Have not tried it iced yet…

smells exactly like apple cinnamon granola bars.

Tastes like unsweetened porridge.
Pleasant and warming.
Can see this as a night time relaxing tea.

Overall a future staple wellness tea.

My first cup – it lived up to the reviews. Lovely on a cold winter afternoon.

A very pretty tea! I love pretty teas!
The tea on its own smell like cinnamon with a weird mix of other scents I can’t figure out.. and almost like alcoholic drink with a soury scent. Steeped, the smell reminds me of like a spiced cider, without the sweet.

First sip… yep, cinnamon. Not that spicy tingley cinnamon – a warm comforting kind of cinnamon that makes you think you are also drinking apple as well.. but no apple flavour. The rose in the tea adds a touch of floral. The rooibos adds another warm mellow flavour – but not a very strong one as it blends well with the rest of the tea. As it cools, I found it tasty, clean and refreshing.

I tried The Glow mixed with a bit of Mate and it was excellent for a morning wake-up on a cold day – instead of a strong black tea.

I’d say this is a more unique mix for a herbal. It’s not fruity (technically), it’s not tart, it’s not rooibosy, there’s no chamomile, which I think would appeal to many people.
This would be a tea I’d give samples to my coworkers/friends who strictly drink herbal teas – I think it would go over great. I would definitely buy this tea as gifts with a pretty floral tea set. For myself? It’s beautiful, unique, I love it mixed with mate. I think its a keeper, but no wow factor for me.