The Glow (organic)

Herbal Tea
Natural Flavours, Nettle, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Marigold, Organic Rooibos, Organic Rose Hips, Peach Flavour, Rose Petals
Cinnamon, Floral, Herbaceous, Rose, Apple, Oats, Flowers
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

3 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

This light, floral elixir is all about enhancing your skin’s clarity and elasticity. That’s why it has rooibos, with hydrating zinc and alpha hydroxy acids. It also boasts traditional stars like rose petals, rosehip and jasmine. And time-honoured nourishers like oat straw and nettle leaf. Plus there’s cinnamon, Ayurveda’s complexion saver. Just steeping it makes you glow. Caffeine-free.

Organic: cinnamon, rosehips, nettle leaf, oatstraw herb, rooibos, rose petals, jasmine flower, organic flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

A cup of The Glow before bed makes me a happy girl.

And maybe a prettier one. But not likely.

It’s got a gently floral apple cinnamon flavour. And while I don’t normally go for rooibos, if there is any in here, I can’t taste it. All I taste is relaxation and yummy.

Very very tasty. A bit of a lighter tea, with a muted but definitely noticeable cinnamon flavor. I like the rooibos and rose notes as well. best way to drink this one is straight up. It does well with long steepings (i.e. forgetfulness) and multiples as well. Though I don’t think I would try for more than three.

So many teas I haven’t added to my cupboard it looks like! Well I bought this one quite a while back (late summer) and have had a cup or two since, and am having one tonight for the nettles, which TerriHarpLady swears by for allergies. I also bought straight nettles but am chicken to try them straight lol. All in good time!

Anyways, this tea! The dry smell is rosy and sweet, and the cinnamon is slightly present, but a sweeter cinnamon scent than the harsh spice in other blends. I steeped it for around 5 minutes with boiling water, and the steeped scent is very light, slightly floral, and nice. Oh, and the dry leaves looked to be at least 80% nettles haha lots of green anyways, so that’s good!

As for the flavor, this tea is quite light. The floral notes of the rose come through with light cinnamon, and the nettles provide a herby backdrop, as they have quite a herbaceous flavor in the other teas I’ve had them in (only Nettle Leaf by Davidstea, since discontinued). The rooibos provides a bit of a scratchiness on my throat in this blend, maybe because it’s with cinnamon, so that is a bit unpleasant, but other than that I like that this is a light, refreshing blend.

Overall, a tasty little tea. I need to have a few more cups to fully make my mind up about it, but as I am going to try to have mostly herbals for the next little while (my caffeine cleanse that I do every few months or so lol) this will be a nice choice. I also need to decide which teas to get with my DavidsTea points! Trying to decide which teas I need 50g of lol, the ones I usually stock up on I already stocked up in late summer, so might be tough to find the right ones. Ah well, this might be a contender!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Floral, Herbaceous, Rose

This is a light, refreshing, floral tea… It isn’t particularly remarkable, but it was enjoyable. I won’t necessarily worry about restocking this one, but I may get it again someday if the mood strikes….

Flavors: Floral, Rose

2067 tasting notes

SSTTB: Pick #2

Made this one last night. It was very late (after midnight) so a caffeine free option was definitely the way to go. There are a few caffeine free blends in the box that I haven’t had and which seemed interesting and this was one of them, so why not?

It kinda looks like Potpourri so I was really expecting it to taste like Potpourri; very floral and icky. But I wanted to try it anyway. Much to my surprise, though, it tasted like a cup of hot, liquid Quaker’s Apple and Cinnamon oatmeal! It was so well balanced and just delicious. How have I not looked into this one while at a DT store? It’s great! Maybe it’s discontinued…

I’m sure I’ll probably have another cup of this at some point before I pass the box along, and if no one else really wants to try this one I might just take the rest. It was so different from what I expected, and so tasty and soothing! Since my herbal collection is limited it could be a nice one to add (if it’s still available).

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Oats

OMGsrsly

Take it! I really don’t want it. :) (You make it sound so good, but it wasn’t for me.)

Roswell Strange

You’re next up getting it correct? Before I send it off let me know if there’s anything you specifically want added!

OMGsrsly

Yes! And then maybe the Island or back to the originator. :) IDK what there is for River Tea, but I’m curious! And maybe a tsp of Buddha Bamboo? I was curious but not 50g curious.

Roswell Strange

Done and done! I had plans to add RiverTea in anyway since there’s none in there right now. Have you tried anything from them yet?

OMGsrsly

No I haven’t! Ooo, that’s so exciting. :)

VariaTEA

I added this one because I thought the box needed more caffeine free options. I am glad you liked it :)

Thanks VariaTEA! (180)

So apparently cinnamon and rose go together quite nicely! And I’m getting apple from this somehow, so it reminds me of apple pie! I’m happy I got to try this, but I doubt I’d ever get more as it’s not something I’d crave too often. Still – yum!

Hmm…this is weird. Cinnamon, floral notes, a strange sweetness and ever so dreaded rooibos I did not expect. It’s not horribly bad, but I would not buy it. I’m glad I tried it though, because I was very intrigued by it. Thank you caile :D

caile

I forgot there was rooibos in this. :(
Glad you were able to try it though!

Reasons I reached for this tonight:

1. Pimple on my nose. Ouch.
2. Caffeine free. I need a decent night’s sleep.
3. Not a lot of this in stock, so sipdown soon.

It’s a mouth full of cinnamon. That’s kind of all I taste. But not in a bad way? Great with some chocolate.

keychange

pimples suck

Memily

Blind one right on the end :( so ouchie

Yet to have a bad cup of this – even if I oversteep by a little bit! The first time I smelled it in-store I was put off by a more cinnamon-y smell, I am not big on chai teas or those with a lot of cinnamon. But I gave it a second chance and I am in love, it is an oatmeal cookie without the calories!

If this ever goes out of stock I will just ask my store if I can purchase their entire inventory.

Amazing. It’s great hot or iced and I feel like it reboots my system. Clean and refreshing my perfect at night or summer time tea