The Glow (organic)

Herbal Tea
Natural Flavours, Nettle, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Marigold, Organic Rooibos, Organic Rose Hips, Peach Flavour, Rose Petals
Citrus, Peach, Cinnamon, Cookie, Floral, Rosehips, Apple, Caramel, Fruity, Sweet, Rose, Herbaceous, Oats, Flowers
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

3 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

This light, floral elixir is all about enhancing your skin’s clarity and elasticity. That’s why it has rooibos, with hydrating zinc and alpha hydroxy acids. It also boasts traditional stars like rose petals, rosehip and jasmine. And time-honoured nourishers like oat straw and nettle leaf. Plus there’s cinnamon, Ayurveda’s complexion saver. Just steeping it makes you glow. Caffeine-free.

Organic: cinnamon, rosehips, nettle leaf, oatstraw herb, rooibos, rose petals, jasmine flower, organic flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

A cup of The Glow before bed makes me a happy girl.

And maybe a prettier one. But not likely.

It’s got a gently floral apple cinnamon flavour. And while I don’t normally go for rooibos, if there is any in here, I can’t taste it. All I taste is relaxation and yummy.

Very very tasty. A bit of a lighter tea, with a muted but definitely noticeable cinnamon flavor. I like the rooibos and rose notes as well. best way to drink this one is straight up. It does well with long steepings (i.e. forgetfulness) and multiples as well. Though I don’t think I would try for more than three.

Pretty simple, strong on the peach and citrus. A bit too cloying. Nothing to write home about. I hope it really is good for the skin :)

Flavors: Citrus, Peach

So good! I absolutely love this tea, I got it thinking that it would be good for it’s health benefits but like other teas that are healthy I wasn’t expecting a great taste. I’m blown away, the cinnamon and floral notes actually worked together, this alongside the little bit of sweetness it has makes it taste like an oatmeal cookie! I didn’t even realize there was rooibos in this tea, I don’t typically like rooibos because of it’s bitterness but this tea actually had no bitterness to it. Also this tea makes me feel so calm, I drink it before bed and it helps me sleep. Overall this tea really delivered and I would definitely re-stock it when it’s run out!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cookie, Floral

This tea was tasty….not incredible, but definitely tasty. The combination is a bit spicy, but the reships balance it out nicely.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Rosehips

A weird inital gathering of ingredients, but since this (to me) smells (and kind of tastes) like an oatmeal cookie, I’ll forgive it. This is surprisingly good, and an excellent blend to have before bed. Also, yay, organic. Definitely will be keeping this one around.

Ughhh why did I steep this?

I bought this because when I asked the tea guide if they had nettle teas, she pulled this one out. I impulsively bought a cup right there and also bought 10g, because if it’s got nettle in it, it’s got to be awesome, right?

Nope. When I was sipping from my to-go cup, a guy walked by me wearing cheap cologne and I was like CRAP. That’s what this reminded me of. I am not a fan of floral teas for the most part, minus maybe chamomile and good rose blends, and this is floral in the worst possible way. I should have done more than just a quick sniff of the blend before buying. I can’t taste the nettle because the floral is so overpowering. Maybe the scoop I got just had no nettle in it or something. And I usually looove cinnamon, too, but it really does not help this tea at all. Disappointing. :(

It really does smell like cheap cologne as it’s steeping. There’s something in the dry aroma that I can’t put my finger on that I dislike. I did not steep this one for long at home, thinking that would help. It didn’t. I will be surprised if I don’t dump this cup I’ve just brewed after one sip. Sigh.

Yuuuuuuuuuuum!
I was feeling spontaneous and picked up about 30g of this at my local DT. Am I ever glad that I did! I really didn’t know what to expect by the ingredients. Cinnamon, obviously, but I wasn’t sure what to expect from the rest. I really like it! I find that when I smelled it in store (or even at home) the cinnamon scent is very overpowering. I was kind of worried that it would be too strong. It isn’t though! I usually just throw a tea bag into my travel mug and go, so the bag stays in the whole time. The cinnamon didn’t get stronger the longer it stayed in, it kind of plateaued after a few minutes of brewing (is brewing the right word here?).

I have heard that people think this tastes like apple pie. I do not get that from this at all. I mean, I guess I can kind of see where they are coming from, but it’s not what I notice when I drink it. For me, the peach flavor really stands out, which is great because I love peach things! Overall the peach is really well balanced, and like I said before it doesn’t get gross after a long time. It levels out and the flavors work really nicely together. I will definitely stock up on this. Probably one of my favorite teas!

On a side note, don’t drink this cold. It wasn’t a good experience…there is something off-putting about “warm” (warm in a spicy sense) cinnamon cold. I would reccomend this 100 times over though as a hot drink!

Flavors: Apple, Caramel, Cinnamon, Fruity, Peach, Sweet

8 min or more

I picked some of this tea up to drink at night. Seems after drinking 2L of coffee and 10 cups of tea a day for a year has caused me to become sensitive to caffeine.

Fjellrev said it tasted like oatmeal cookie. It does.. Oatmeal and cranberry cookie!

Delightful.

Fjellrev

Yay! Glad you like it too. Easy on the caffeine!

Lynne-tea

It’s very delicious. So glad I read your review of it.. I would have never got it otherwise. I’m definitely in love with it. I also picked up The Big Chill… but .. it’s not very good. It’s more of a I can’t sleep and will try anything tea. I think it’s the lemon verbena or something that isn’t a hit with me…

Fjellrev

Haven’t tried that one yet so maybe I won’t bother. But at least that is what I appreciate about David’s. They come up with interesting herbals.