The Glow (organic)

Edit tea info Last updated by Andi Marus

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Get gorgeous
This light, floral elixir is all about enhancing your skin’s clarity and elasticity. That’s why it has rooibos, with hydrating zinc and alpha hydroxy acids. It also boasts traditional stars like rose petals, rosehip and jasmine. And time-honoured nourishers like oat straw and nettle leaf. Plus there’s cinnamon, Ayurveda’s complexion saver. Just steeping it makes you glow. Caffeine-free.

Organic: cinnamon, rosehips, nettle leaf, oatstraw herb, rooibos, rose petals, jasmine flower, organic flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Meh. I’m picky with herbals and I wasn’t that into this. Bought and then gave it to a friend who loves herbals. Learning my lesson not to buy teas unless I’ve tried them first.

What a delicate little floral! I purchased 25g of this to see if it would be something I like. I adore it! It’s a very light tea, and the overpowering note to me was cinnamon. Finishes with a jasmine note. Thinking about purchasing a tin. It also has this nice apple scent coming from the cup. Warm and inviting in every way!

Unlike everyone (?) else, I don’t get apple pie from the scent of this. It smells more like the hippy shop I used to frequent as a teen.

I can taste a little of the apple pie that people mention, but the overriding taste is still hippy shop, which is good because I love that taste/smell.

My skin is pretty rotten. I’ll update if I notice any difference from regular consumption of The Glow.

This is my favourite tea from DavidsTEA right now – the combination is perfect and the oatstraw and nettle in here are great for you – add to that the beautiful smell of cinnamon and roses – how can you loose?

The Glow is a tea I had first purchased just because the description and ingredients appealed to me. At first, I regretted my decision, as it didn’t do much for me. But as my taste for tea developed, I started really appreciating The Glow for its refreshing, spicy yet light floral goodness. Some people say it tastes just like apple pie, but I taste the floral notes very well. It’s the kind of tea I go for around 4-5pm, when I feel it’s too late for caffeine yet needs an infusion to ease my tea hunger! It’s soothing and I can now appreciate the subtlety of its flavour.

I bought 25 grams of this tea because I was looking for something to drink in the afternoon/evening while I am studying that would also do my some good. It has a wonderful cinnamon smell and when you steep it there is a nice golden colour.

I have to say I like the flavour, floral with a hint of apple, but it isn’t overly strong. I prefer stronger herbal blends, so I don’t know if I will get anymore of this one. Maybe I just need to add more to my pot, or it might be better iced.

The mixture of rooibos and jasmine and rose petals makes this one of my favourite herbal teas. I’m not usually a fan of floral teas – but I will drink this tea by the pot! Ask me after a few more pots what has happened to my skin! lol tasty and delightful!

I enjoy this tea so much, I had to find out more (which led me here).

My mother brought it to me when she came to visit and now the tin is getting dangerously low… I must re-up! It is a lovely light, bright tea that I frequently enjoy in the evening before bed.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

lovely light apple flavour. a tea i’ll drink when i want something warm, but wont overwhelm my senses.

185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more

I’m not overly fond of this one as a hot tea – perhaps it’s the combination of the cinnamon with the floral or herbs. I’ve tried it several times, all hot, and while I wish I could like it, I simply don’t. It’s OK as an iced tea but there are plenty of others I prefer iced over this one.