The Glow (organic)

Herbal Tea
Natural Flavours, Nettle, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Marigold, Organic Rooibos, Organic Rose Hips, Peach Flavour, Rose Petals
Cinnamon, Fruity, Oats, Sweet, Floral, Berries, Berry, Citrus, Peach, Cookie, Rosehips, Apple, Caramel, Rose, Herbaceous, Flowers
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

3 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

This light, floral elixir is all about enhancing your skin’s clarity and elasticity. That’s why it has rooibos, with hydrating zinc and alpha hydroxy acids. It also boasts traditional stars like rose petals, rosehip and jasmine. And time-honoured nourishers like oat straw and nettle leaf. Plus there’s cinnamon, Ayurveda’s complexion saver. Just steeping it makes you glow. Caffeine-free.

Organic: cinnamon, rosehips, nettle leaf, oatstraw herb, rooibos, rose petals, jasmine flower, organic flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Ughhh why did I steep this?

I bought this because when I asked the tea guide if they had nettle teas, she pulled this one out. I impulsively bought a cup right there and also bought 10g, because if it’s got nettle in it, it’s got to be awesome, right?

Nope. When I was sipping from my to-go cup, a guy walked by me wearing cheap cologne and I was like CRAP. That’s what this reminded me of. I am not a fan of floral teas for the most part, minus maybe chamomile and good rose blends, and this is floral in the worst possible way. I should have done more than just a quick sniff of the blend before buying. I can’t taste the nettle because the floral is so overpowering. Maybe the scoop I got just had no nettle in it or something. And I usually looove cinnamon, too, but it really does not help this tea at all. Disappointing. :(

It really does smell like cheap cologne as it’s steeping. There’s something in the dry aroma that I can’t put my finger on that I dislike. I did not steep this one for long at home, thinking that would help. It didn’t. I will be surprised if I don’t dump this cup I’ve just brewed after one sip. Sigh.

Yuuuuuuuuuuum!
I was feeling spontaneous and picked up about 30g of this at my local DT. Am I ever glad that I did! I really didn’t know what to expect by the ingredients. Cinnamon, obviously, but I wasn’t sure what to expect from the rest. I really like it! I find that when I smelled it in store (or even at home) the cinnamon scent is very overpowering. I was kind of worried that it would be too strong. It isn’t though! I usually just throw a tea bag into my travel mug and go, so the bag stays in the whole time. The cinnamon didn’t get stronger the longer it stayed in, it kind of plateaued after a few minutes of brewing (is brewing the right word here?).

I have heard that people think this tastes like apple pie. I do not get that from this at all. I mean, I guess I can kind of see where they are coming from, but it’s not what I notice when I drink it. For me, the peach flavor really stands out, which is great because I love peach things! Overall the peach is really well balanced, and like I said before it doesn’t get gross after a long time. It levels out and the flavors work really nicely together. I will definitely stock up on this. Probably one of my favorite teas!

On a side note, don’t drink this cold. It wasn’t a good experience…there is something off-putting about “warm” (warm in a spicy sense) cinnamon cold. I would reccomend this 100 times over though as a hot drink!

Flavors: Apple, Caramel, Cinnamon, Fruity, Peach, Sweet

8 min or more

I picked some of this tea up to drink at night. Seems after drinking 2L of coffee and 10 cups of tea a day for a year has caused me to become sensitive to caffeine.

Fjellrev said it tasted like oatmeal cookie. It does.. Oatmeal and cranberry cookie!

Delightful.

Fjellrev

Yay! Glad you like it too. Easy on the caffeine!

Lynne-tea

It’s very delicious. So glad I read your review of it.. I would have never got it otherwise. I’m definitely in love with it. I also picked up The Big Chill… but .. it’s not very good. It’s more of a I can’t sleep and will try anything tea. I think it’s the lemon verbena or something that isn’t a hit with me…

Fjellrev

Haven’t tried that one yet so maybe I won’t bother. But at least that is what I appreciate about David’s. They come up with interesting herbals.

calming tea needed after a stressful afternoon and a 4 year old’s birthday party. this fit the bill. in addition to previous notes i would add this tea has a strong flavour, so am using a new metal infuser as the bodum plastic one I used before would soak up the flavour, making it difficult to clean off.

Calming and delicious. I will also drink by the bucket if it gives my like “the glow.” Rooibus who? I hate Rooibus, but didn’t taste in this tea.

A re-review of this tea since I never did a proper tasting note.

Been sipping this one down fast. Lately I’ve been packing drawstring paper tea filters with loose leaf tea and keep a Ziploc baggie of them in my purse so that’s the only tea I have when I’m out and about and at work- this really helps me use up teas and why my cupboard # is so low (19!).

For this tea, the main taste is in the fruity flavouring (and wow is the scent strong!). I recently tried rosehips plain and really disliked them (tasted like stomach acid to me) but I like this blend because of the other herbs and flavourings masking the sour taste of rosehips. I also detect a bit of cinnamon as well? I do like the fact this tea can stand up to super long steeps when I forget the bag in my travel mug when I’m working. A tea that can withstand abuse is a must have at work ;)

Overall this tea is decent. Maybe a repurchase in the future as well? Who knows

Flavors: Cinnamon, Fruity, Herbaceous

Boiling 8 min or more

Unexpected sipdown tonight, as my allergies are acting up horribly so I needed something with nettles haha. I also very nearly overcaffeinated with my yixing session today, so herbal was in order :P here’s hoping I feel better soon! Oh, and this tea will probably make its way into my cupboard again, the rosy herby taste reminds me of summer and I quite like it :) however many more sipdowns to do before I buy anymore tea! See previous notes on this tea!

ETA – figured out why allergies are bad. I had turned the air filter to the ‘germ’ setting to remove some of the cold virus particles floating around (hopefully) but that is the lowest setting and doesn’t do much for allergies. Also, I sprinkled cat litter on the icy sidewalk this morning and the container is chilling upstairs with me, and cat litter is DEATH on the lungs. Gahh.

Miss Starfish

Awr, poor thing! Hope you feel better soon :(

MissLena

I am much better today :) I washed all the bedding so there actually isn’t cat hair on it and I slept wonderfully, and I am going to try to keep the cat out of the bedroom from now on lol. He thinks he owns the place, so that might be difficult…lol, even though he’s hypoallergenic I still get a bit sneezy from him. The bigger culprit was the cat we cat-sat a few weeks ago…I’m sure that hair is still kicking around, and I am very allergic to it :(

madametj

The cheap/generic litter typically has only one ingredient: bentonite clay. Maybe get some one that juts for spreading on the sidewalk. It’s natural and better for the environment too.

This is a light, refreshing, floral tea… It isn’t particularly remarkable, but it was enjoyable. I won’t necessarily worry about restocking this one, but I may get it again someday if the mood strikes….

Flavors: Floral, Rose

SSTTB: Pick #2

Made this one last night. It was very late (after midnight) so a caffeine free option was definitely the way to go. There are a few caffeine free blends in the box that I haven’t had and which seemed interesting and this was one of them, so why not?

It kinda looks like Potpourri so I was really expecting it to taste like Potpourri; very floral and icky. But I wanted to try it anyway. Much to my surprise, though, it tasted like a cup of hot, liquid Quaker’s Apple and Cinnamon oatmeal! It was so well balanced and just delicious. How have I not looked into this one while at a DT store? It’s great! Maybe it’s discontinued…

I’m sure I’ll probably have another cup of this at some point before I pass the box along, and if no one else really wants to try this one I might just take the rest. It was so different from what I expected, and so tasty and soothing! Since my herbal collection is limited it could be a nice one to add (if it’s still available).

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Oats

OMGsrsly

Take it! I really don’t want it. :) (You make it sound so good, but it wasn’t for me.)

Roswell Strange

You’re next up getting it correct? Before I send it off let me know if there’s anything you specifically want added!

OMGsrsly

Yes! And then maybe the Island or back to the originator. :) IDK what there is for River Tea, but I’m curious! And maybe a tsp of Buddha Bamboo? I was curious but not 50g curious.

Roswell Strange

Done and done! I had plans to add RiverTea in anyway since there’s none in there right now. Have you tried anything from them yet?

OMGsrsly

No I haven’t! Ooo, that’s so exciting. :)

VariaTEA

I added this one because I thought the box needed more caffeine free options. I am glad you liked it :)

Thanks VariaTEA! (180)

So apparently cinnamon and rose go together quite nicely! And I’m getting apple from this somehow, so it reminds me of apple pie! I’m happy I got to try this, but I doubt I’d ever get more as it’s not something I’d crave too often. Still – yum!