The Glow (organic)

Herbal Tea
Natural Flavours, Nettle, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Marigold, Organic Rooibos, Organic Rose Hips, Peach Flavour, Rose Petals
Cinnamon, Floral, Herbaceous, Rose, Apple, Oats, Flowers
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

3 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

This light, floral elixir is all about enhancing your skin’s clarity and elasticity. That’s why it has rooibos, with hydrating zinc and alpha hydroxy acids. It also boasts traditional stars like rose petals, rosehip and jasmine. And time-honoured nourishers like oat straw and nettle leaf. Plus there’s cinnamon, Ayurveda’s complexion saver. Just steeping it makes you glow. Caffeine-free.

Organic: cinnamon, rosehips, nettle leaf, oatstraw herb, rooibos, rose petals, jasmine flower, organic flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is my favourite tea from DavidsTEA right now – the combination is perfect and the oatstraw and nettle in here are great for you – add to that the beautiful smell of cinnamon and roses – how can you loose?

The Glow is a tea I had first purchased just because the description and ingredients appealed to me. At first, I regretted my decision, as it didn’t do much for me. But as my taste for tea developed, I started really appreciating The Glow for its refreshing, spicy yet light floral goodness. Some people say it tastes just like apple pie, but I taste the floral notes very well. It’s the kind of tea I go for around 4-5pm, when I feel it’s too late for caffeine yet needs an infusion to ease my tea hunger! It’s soothing and I can now appreciate the subtlety of its flavour.

I bought 25 grams of this tea because I was looking for something to drink in the afternoon/evening while I am studying that would also do my some good. It has a wonderful cinnamon smell and when you steep it there is a nice golden colour.

I have to say I like the flavour, floral with a hint of apple, but it isn’t overly strong. I prefer stronger herbal blends, so I don’t know if I will get anymore of this one. Maybe I just need to add more to my pot, or it might be better iced.

The mixture of rooibos and jasmine and rose petals makes this one of my favourite herbal teas. I’m not usually a fan of floral teas – but I will drink this tea by the pot! Ask me after a few more pots what has happened to my skin! lol tasty and delightful!

I enjoy this tea so much, I had to find out more (which led me here).

My mother brought it to me when she came to visit and now the tin is getting dangerously low… I must re-up! It is a lovely light, bright tea that I frequently enjoy in the evening before bed.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

lovely light apple flavour. a tea i’ll drink when i want something warm, but wont overwhelm my senses.

185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more

I’m not overly fond of this one as a hot tea – perhaps it’s the combination of the cinnamon with the floral or herbs. I’ve tried it several times, all hot, and while I wish I could like it, I simply don’t. It’s OK as an iced tea but there are plenty of others I prefer iced over this one.

I’m hesitant to try rose teas. I want to like them but whichever one I try, I tend to find tastes mostly like potpourri or perfume. This tea is SO nice though! I love the cinnamon flavor. It’s definitely noticeable but not overpowering at all. It’s almost in perfect harmony with the rest of the flavors. If all floral teas tasted this light, I’d definitely be more of a floral tea girl. I find however, that the tea needs to be steeped on the longer end of the suggesting steeping time. I left it to steep for a full 7 minutes but wouldn’t hesitate to let it go for 8 or so next time. Definitely a keeper in my house.