Mamma Mia

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “The more I sample David's Tea products, the weirder their overall profile seems to me; they're very much like Teavana in that way. It's basically a concept/execution issue, as the ideas are often...” Read full tasting note
    clareborn 263 tasting notes
  • “I feel like I may have steeped this one too long, and am *dreading* the hibiscus... Anyhow, the tea smells pretty floral, cinnamony, and strong. Reminds me quite a lot of potpourri, really. And...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “Mamma mia, what a lot of hibiscus, my my how can I get rid of you. There is TOO much going on in this tea. It's tart, it's fruity, it's cinnamony, it's nutty, it's sweet, it's causing my face to...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “Ok... strange. I thought that I'd give this a second chance, and it's a good thing I did? It's still a fruity cinnamon mess, but this time the cinnamon balances better with the fruit - I don't...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1414 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

More is more
This bright, rosy-pink tea has everything you need to feel loved. There’s calming hibiscus, warming cinnamon and reassuring rooibos. Sweet pineapple, papaya and peaches. Comforting rosehips, apples, elderberries and raisins. Uplifting mallow blossoms. Supportive orange peel. Caring pieces of coconut and almond. It’s a jumble of love and support and happiness. Word to your mamma. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Hibiscus, apple, raisins, rooibos, candied pineapple, candied papaya, orange peel, coconut chips, rosehips, elderberry, mallow blossoms, peach, almonds, cinnamon.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I got this tea as a sample when I bought a bunch of tea online. Reminds me of Kanpe Tea from DAVID’s, which I did not like-too tart and strong. I won’t be buying this one.

This blend is not bad, but I was hoping for better. The cinnamon comes through with the fruit following. In terms of fruity-cinnamon teas, I prefer Kanpe tea hands down.

Back for Mother’s Day – it smelled so good in the tin in the store that I had to give it a try.
The tea steeps to a pleasant pink colour – and carries a cinnamon-y and somewhat fruity scent.

It is a tart and fruity tasting tea, but the spiciness of the cinnamon balances it out – it almost reminds me of a hot cider. Nice way to unwind before bedtime. Curious to try this one cold!

This tea is just confused about what it wants to accomplish in the world.

It smells like sweet warm cinnamon, but tastes like tart apple pie with confusing hits of papaya. The contrast can be a bit jarring. The cinnamon comes through more as a numbing sensation than an actual flavor. It’s just baffling.

Mamma Mia, I’m not going to miss you.

An aunt bought this one for me last Christmas knowing my abnormally strong passion for tea, and it is still lurking in my cupboard.
When originally smelled I thought it would make a nice presence in my collection during the winter months, but time and time again I found myself drinking nearly every other tea I own.
There is a lot going on in this tea with nutty, sweet and cinnamon hits in the smell I thought that maybe it would make a good cup.
But alas, it was overpowered by our good friend, hibiscus.

So after making my way through my new treasures from DT today and somehow going from bitter tea to bitter tea I was starting to wonder if I had a salivary tumor that was affecting my taste buds! Luckily I saved one of the best for last with Mamma Mia. I’m normally not a big Rooibos lover, although I love the zero caffeine, seems to taste like I steeped the tea in a wooden container with dishsoap not washed all the way out. I should mention that I am a HUGE fan of hibiscus and cinnamon. (Love Passion tea from Starbucks, add my own cinnamon and cardamom)Yogi used to make an amazing one but was sadly discontinued. I’m surprised that I got this today free for spending $50+, this is the tea I was hoping for when I was talked into Kanpe originally when I asked for a hibiscus tea. I love the fruity undertones and mallow too-this will be a keeper for me..

Instantly addicted! Fruity and bold, but not at all acrid. My new favorite tea!!

This tea is weird…. It is sweet and tart, cinnamony and fruity. It tastes like a mishmash of favors, yet I don’t hate it. No, I don’t love it, but I don’t hate it. It is hitting the spot tonight as my nighttime tea. I am sure I will have no trouble finishing my 25 grams.

Definitely not my favourite. It has a very tart and flowery taste. I was hoping that the coconut and almond would balance out the hibiscus, but I was wrong. If I try this again, I’ll only steep it for a couple of minutes.

Mamma mia! I absolutely loved the aroma…

Maybe it’s because I steeped it for a bit too long…. But I think it’s tastes…. Like medicine.

However, I will give it another shot (the rest of the 50g of it) because I think it’d taste better as a cold drink rather than a hot one, and there is so much flavour going on that my tastebuds are going insane.

Maybe this review will improve, but for now… This is it.