Movie Night

Butter, Caramel
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From DAVIDsTEA

A new tradition

This popcorn tea is better than the real thing. First of all, it has no calories. Second of all, it’s sweetened with maple and apple. Third of all, it has green tea, which studies (well, ok, experience) say is the ideal brew for keeping you quietly alert throughout a late-night flick. Great for thrillers, dramas, westerns or comedies. Drink it at home or smuggle it into the theatre.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is better than I expected it to be. Dry, it has a distinct buttery smell, which I found stayed with it as it steeped.

I don’t find it to taste like popcorn (but that could be because I load up my popcorn with coconut oil and an Italian spice blend), but I do get a definite buttery taste and creamy mouthfeel, which sounds gross, but is really quite good.

As it cools down a bit, I’m getting a bit more of an apple flavour, and less butter.

It’s not a light tea, as all the apple pieces weigh it down. I think I see 2 partial green tea leaves in my small packet of this. It took at least 5g to make a cup. Buy it for the flavour, not for the green tea.

Interesting flavor.. it tastes like caramel apple popcorn. The smell is the best part about this tea, the taste is ok, and the aftertaste is a little bit sweet and maple-y. It’s fun to try but probably wouldn’t want to drink this regularly!

Love love love this tea. Smells like popcorn, but I find it doesn’t taste that way. Has more of a caramel apple sort of flavour; sweet at first bite, then a bit tart, but not over powering at all. This is one of my favourite teas from Davids Tea (I am a HUGE fan). It is my go to morning cuppa. Would never want to see this one go away….

Movie night has a warm buttery taste. I was uncertain at first if I wanted to purchase 50g of it or not. I’m glad I did and will definately buy it again. It’s not a morning tea, but an evening tea for sure.

I used 5 David’s Tea perfect scoops for my ~450 ml thermos.

Sweet coconut-like flavour. The tangy apple flavour just peeks through. The sencha flavour gives a background smokey roasted flavour with hints of vegetal taste. Popcorn flavour is present. Strong toffee flavour aftertaste.

The second infusion is a muted version of the first infusion. The coconut-like flavour is able to come out a bit more and the tangy apple isn’t as harsh. I added a few grates of ginger to this brew and it complemented everything nicely.

I’ve been avoiding this one since it was released last year, but finally I bit the bullet and decided to give it a try. Caramel corn isn’t my favourite thing in the world, but I like maple, apples, and popcorn, which is what David claims this tastes like. So I tried it.

Nope, it’s a really weak flavoured caramel corn tea. Which, I’m not sure that is a flavour I have ever really imagined for a tea. (Also, I use the term tea lightly since I barely saw any in the bag I was given.) I can definitely see this being a tea for my sister, however, as she adores caramel corn and all things associated with it. I suspect I’ll be giving the rest of my bag to her.

I finally decided to try the Movie Night tea. I have to admit that the ingredients really intrigued me. The smell is fantastic … the taste is a little strange but good. I’m looking forward to trying it again to see how it goes. Right now I would say I wouldn’t buy it again.

Movie night. When I heard about a popcorn tea, I thought it was going to be strange and gross, like liquid popcorn. I didn’t know how this was going to work out, but I knew that I wanted to at least try it and see if I could like it even just a little.
I ordered this online before even getting a chance to smell it. And I must say, I made the right decision. This tea isn’t just a popcorn tea. It’s more like a caramel popcorn tea. The apples and maple make it taste so good. It’s sweet without being too much.
Anytime I need a popcorn fix, I’m going to drink this tea. It’s just as satisfying. :)

The first time I tried this I think it was over-steeped because I found the after taste stronger than the actual tea.

When steeped properly its delicious! Tastes how it smells. I sweeten it with a bit of maple syrup to bring out the maple taste. Really good hot and can imagine its delicious cold too :) I recommend trying it. Make sure you use 2 heaping teaspoons to ensure it has enough flavour.