Movie Night

Fruit Green Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Popped Corn
Apple Candy, Apple Skins, Butter, Maple, Brown Sugar, Butterscotch, Caramel, Creamy, Fruity, Grain, Popcorn, Sugarcane, Sweet, Toffee, Apple, Nutty, Green Apple, Sweet, warm grass, Vanilla, Candy, Almond, Candied Apple, Kettle Corn, Maple Syrup, Pecan
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From DAVIDsTEA

A new tradition

This popcorn tea is better than the real thing. First of all, it has no calories. Second of all, it’s sweetened with maple and apple. Third of all, it has green tea, which studies (well, ok, experience) say is the ideal brew for keeping you quietly alert throughout a late-night flick. Great for thrillers, dramas, westerns or comedies. Drink it at home or smuggle it into the theatre.

Ingredients: Apple, green tea, popped corn, artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Sipdown! I got this as a sample from a tea exchange I did a while back, and I’m only now finishing it. I was impressed with the first cup I had a long time ago, but I had forgotten just how good this is.

Another appropriate name for this would be toffee popcorn. I know they have a (delicious) caramel corn, but this fits the bill as well. There is a bit of fruit (apple?) and a popcorn flavour, but not toasted/genmaicha, more like grain or popped rice. The caramel smell and flavour are AMAZING. There are sweet notes of butter and creamy caramel. Not in a fake-caramel-flavoured-candy kind if way, but in an actual caramel popcorn kind of way.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Butter, Butterscotch, Caramel, Creamy, Fruity, Grain, Popcorn, Sugarcane, Sweet, Toffee

Very nutty and sweet. More herbal than green in its taste. I really like it as a prior to bedtime tea, though.

Flavors: Apple, Caramel, Nutty

After the crime against humanity that was Caramel Corn, I was terrified to try this tea, as it looks very similar. Fortunately, after a check of the ingredients, I saw that there was much less in this tea to make an issue of.

The tea base is surprisingly detectable. I wouldn’t have thought that due to the strength of the artificial flavoring and scent. There’s a grassy oolong sort of taste to it. There’s also a vanilla flavor that feels like it’s coming from the tea more than the flavoring.

The artificial flavoring is extremely strong. It’s caramel corn. There’s a little something sour like apple. I wish they would stop doing that. Why make a sweet desserty tea then add something sour like apple? Again, I can almost taste the flavors on my nose as I breathe them out.

Despite my description, this tea is much better than caramel corn. Though this tea is a desserty slap in the face, it’s not entirely unpleasant.

Flavors: Caramel, Green Apple, Popcorn, Sweet, Sweet, warm grass, Vanilla

180 °F / 82 °C 2 min, 30 sec 2 tsp

Thank goodness for Friday afternoons. I love my job, but weekends are glorious. I’m starting the break with a new tea, one I learned about somewhat accidentally from Plunkybug. I was browsing her wish list a while back and this one caught my eye. Another DAVIDsTEA tea I found on her list became a fast favorite, Nepal Black, so I’m thinking this one definitely has potential.

This is a green tea blend, but looking at the dry leaf there isn’t much green tea to be found. It’s mostly popcorn (how unique!) and cubes of dried fruit. I picked around a bit and was able to find at least one tea leaf to put in my cup. There may have been a total of three or four in the final scoop. The aroma is sweet and savory, reminiscent of a buttered popcorn jelly bean. (My husband always gives me those when he comes across them so I’m pretty excited about this.) After steeping, the popcorn has all but melted into the blonde liquid. It still smells incredibly buttery, but I’m not getting any caramel or toffee notes like I thought I might after my husband told me that it smelled to him like Cracker Jack.

I’m going to take it slow with the honey on this one. I’m used to adding a bit more in the black teas I usually drink, but I tend to overwhelm the lighter teas when I’m not being careful. Less is definitely more here. The flavor is light, but I can taste the butter notes so it still seems savory. There is a nuttiness there that I think must come from the popcorn. It absolutely tastes exactly as it smells. I don’t taste the apple at all, which surprises me since that’s mostly what this blend consists of. I might normally try a second steep of this, but since it’s really mostly fruit pieces I think I’ll skip it. If I change my mind, I’ll add a note back in later.

Flavors: Butter, Candy, Nutty, Popcorn, Sweet

I LOVE THIS FLAVOR! :) ABSOLUTELY MY FAVORITE…..DELICIOUS :)

This tea is cute looking with the popcorn pieces but I’m not a fan of it brewed.

No, just no.

It’s really buttery and popcorn-y. I really prefer sticking to more natural flavours. I felt really unhealthy drinking this tea.

3rd and last tea review of the night…though it’s tempting to have one of the herbals I got…

Pfft. Ok, out of the 3 I’ve tried tonight, this one I think I definitely will get again…maybe even alot of…

There are a few different flavors of this tea, yet they manage to meld together nicely. The popcorn fluffyness of course, with the coconut and pineapple. Now both coconut and pineapple have the reputation for overtaking flavor of stuff, so imagine my surprise to find that was not the case with ‘Movie Night’

The only thing is…I pulled it a bit to quick, and I should have let it set for like another minute or so. I think I will try that next time.

185 °F / 85 °C 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Day #1 of the 2015 advent calendar! I made my own, so my reviews will be different than the official ones from DT, haha.

I haven’t had this one in a long time, which is why I included it. And the popcorn taste is definitely there! It’s a bit sweet, but I do like flavoured greens, so that is just fine with me. The tea is a bit heavy, so I’d like it if there was more actual tea than other things, but as a one-off sample purchase, I’m okay with it.

Kristal

Great idea! I know for myself I won’t be able to drink a lot of the teas in the advent calendar since I have a sensitive stomach so they will go to my husband. This is a wonderful idea to combat that problem !

Maybe I will repurpose my 24 days of tea after Christmas as a way too use up teas. I will refill each little container with some tea I’m trying to use up and make myself finish it off each day :P

raven22

I made my own last year, as well, after I realised I had tried most of the teas that were in the featured calendar. I wanted to try new things, haha. This year I went a couple of new options plus a bunch of teas I haven’t had in a couple years. Should be fun!

I would totally recommend making your own! Just mix up the tins so you don’t know what’s coming each day. :)

Kristal

Probably saved you a ton of money too!

I think I will do my own ;)

Really liked this one. It smells wonderful and looks awesome with the big popcorn puffs. The apple and maple really work well with the buttery popcorn flavour. The green tea blends well with the sweet and savoury notes. Reminds me of a lovely fall kettle corn. It smelled so good in the store that I bought a tin of it. Glad I did now. Can be a bit hard to get the right mixture of ingredients. The popcorn is quite bulky. Had to dig my spoon around to make sure I got a good amount of everything.

Flavors: Apple, Butter, Maple, Popcorn