Movie Night

Apple, Butter, Maple Syrup, Butterscotch, Pecan, Caramel, Popcorn
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From DAVIDsTEA

A new tradition

This popcorn tea is better than the real thing. First of all, it has no calories. Second of all, it’s sweetened with maple and apple. Third of all, it has green tea, which studies (well, ok, experience) say is the ideal brew for keeping you quietly alert throughout a late-night flick. Great for thrillers, dramas, westerns or comedies. Drink it at home or smuggle it into the theatre.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

There are strong notes of apples in this tea as well as notes of butter and maple syrup. There is a slight undertone of vegetal flavor from the green tea underneath. Overall, this is the best tea in the David’s Tea Maple Collection. Maple Sugar was not very good, this is tasty. Ironically, I couldn’t find any maple in the ingredient list but then again maybe I missed it or maybe it is under artificial flavors or such. I am beginning to think the teas in the Maple Collection do not have any maple in them. Checking their website, only the Maple Sugar lists any maple ingredients, the other teas in the maple collection don’t. I wouldn’t have bought them. Still, this is a good tea, very tasty and mild green tea flavor.

I brewed this once in an 18oz teapot with 3 tsp leaf and 175 degree water for 3 min.

Flavors: Apple, Butter, Maple Syrup

Had this last night and LOVED it! What a pleasant surprise. When you open the bag you see little pieces of popcorn and what looks like nuts, and the aroma is strong and buttery. Then the flavor is really excellent -like a smooth and sweet butter pecan almost. I’ll definitely reorder this one and it was fun to have while we were watching a movie!

Flavors: Butter, Butterscotch, Pecan

Tea smells WONDERFUL! Dry it makes me crave movie theatres and when you’re drinking it, you really do feel like you’re actually at the movies! But the tea itself is very very light, recommended if you want water with a hint of tea flavor if you use the amount stated on the packet. There’s a hint of popcorn at the end of the sip, but like everything else with this tea, it’s very light. The smell is the best point of this tea. If you want taste though, I wouldn’t go for this.

One of my favorite David’s teas – I was very intrigued by the fact it had actual popped popcorn in it and the smell is what made me buy it.. Its like your perfect movie night wrapped in a cup, it’s the perfect blend of popcorn, caramel and a hint of apple. Highly recommended!!

Flavors: Apple, Caramel, Popcorn

I love this – sweet and rich and somehow smells like popcorn and tastes like it too :D Great for a night in, snuggled up watching a movie!

Flavors: Butter, Maple Syrup, Popcorn

This tea has actual pieces of popcorn in it and you can totally tell by the taste. It seriously tastes just like movie popcorn! I’m mainly tasting buttery popcorn goodness and I’m not getting the caramel or apple notes. Maybe this is because I didn’t add any sugar? Regardless, I’m not mad about it. I like it very much just the way it is. Thanks for sending this my way, Virginia!

Flavors: Butter, Popcorn

This tea gives off the smell of buttery popcorn, but has a very intricate flavor that has even a hint of apples. My little brothers (ages 11 and 9) happen to be big fans of this one.

Flavors: Apple, Butter, Caramel, Popcorn

So it says on Steepster that this is a green tea…and yet, I freakin’ love this tea xD It tastes exactly how it smells-like caramel-y, buttery popcorn. It’s just a mix of all that. Kinda tastes a bit salty too. Exactly what you’d wanna drink while watching a movie! One day I’ll have to eat popcorn and drink this tea…bet it will be amazing. I’m really excited to try that now xD
Definitely buying more of this! :D

I just ordered from Whispering Pines and payed 12.50 for shipping for 2 teas. Some would say that is a lot for two teas. I say I could’ve bought a pack of cigarettes with that but I didn’t, I paid for shipping, so really, 12.50$ is a small price to pay for health. My tealux and teavivre order should also be arriving any day now. And then my two swaps. And then the travelling tea box. And I might order from Butiki like now, because well, at this point, a little more/ a little less….

I’m surprised that I was craving this hard. There’s just something about it that I ADORE. I used up almost the rest of it, and packed away 1 cup’s worth in case someone tells me they want to try it. But I might drink that too. Yummy caramel popcorn with apple slices on the side.

whatshesaid

Tea is better than cigarettes for sure! :)

Virginia

Yes! Yes! Please continue to enable me to buy more tea! At least someone gets it :P

mj

A girl in my lab just congratulated me for my “healthy caffeine choice”. Enable enable enable enable

Backlog from last night

I love the smell of this tea – the caramel, the popcorn, the apple.

However, trying to measure it out to make yourself a cup at home, instead of a cup to-go right from a David’s Tea store, is an exercise in paranoia. Did I measure it enough? Should I add some extra because the popcorn is so big? Did the dry leaf I measure out contain any actual green tea?

The cup I made at home was comparatively weak, and all those concerns are ones I had while drinking it. However, I can forgive it almost entirely because of that heavenly smell. :)

Ost

I usually try and work around the popcorn to put a tsp in of everything else and then throwing in one of the popcorns. Heh, if that makes sense. xD It usually works for me every time. Just kinda annoying when there are tons of popcorn in the batch.