Movie Night

Apple, Butter, Butterscotch, Popcorn, Caramel, Maple, Sweet, Maple Syrup, Pecan
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From DAVIDsTEA

A new tradition

This popcorn tea is better than the real thing. First of all, it has no calories. Second of all, it’s sweetened with maple and apple. Third of all, it has green tea, which studies (well, ok, experience) say is the ideal brew for keeping you quietly alert throughout a late-night flick. Great for thrillers, dramas, westerns or comedies. Drink it at home or smuggle it into the theatre.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Thanks so much to letting me try out this blend Ost! I am so happy you let me ‘test run’ some teas before making a David’s tea order. You rock!

Me no likey. Less tea, more apple pieces than anything else. I wasn’t expecting a marvelous green, but i still enjoyed my mug. It had that ’David’s Tea flavor’ to it, which to me means apple, almost coconutty butterscotch top note. I liked the subtle corn notes, they were smooth and buttery. It more of a kettle corn feel, rather than movie theater butter and loads of salt. I am so glad I was able to sample this before purchasing a whole 50g. I had been eyeing this blend for a while, because popcorn. Now I know better than to purchase. Not bad, just didn’t live up to my expectations.

Flavors: Apple, Butter, Butterscotch

Ost

Right!? It used to be soooo much better! They had to have changed it or something. :( So disappointing.

So this tea tastes like popcorn. I don’t know why anyone would enjoy a tea that tastes like popcorn.

Flavors: Apple, Popcorn

The popcorn, butter and apple sounds like an odd mix but it’s surprisingly delicious!

I thought for sure this blend had nuts in it so I stayed away, and I’m glad I finally took the time to read the ingredients! I had better luck steeping it longer than green tea usually steeps. There’s barely any tea flavour, it’s mostly from the apples, so it feels more like a fruit infusion to me. Definitely tastes like kettle corn or a caramel apple… I think this one’s a bit of an acquired taste but it has a comforting salty-sweet corn-like smell that’s quite interesting, in a good way. If you steep it until it’s a deep golden colour (over 5 mins), the taste is bold and the kettle corn flavour really comes through. If you steep for 4 minutes or less it’s not a very exciting tea.

Absolutely great for a movie night! Simple, tastes of caramel popcorn. Wish I had bought more, I’d drink it instead of having popcorn for all my movie nights!

Sipdown!

This cup seemed to taste more like popcorn than the last. The caramel is heavier and I didn’t pick up on the apple much. Still not to bad though.

Flavors: Caramel

smells and tastes like buttered/caramel popcorn. The smell of this tea of unbelievable. Drinking a cup of this tea and watching the real world st. thomas. I don’t get much of an apple taste, or much a green tea taste necessarily, but it’s still really nice.

Flavors: Butterscotch, Caramel

A nice buttery tasting tea, I love it as a morning tea!

Flavors: Butter, Maple

Megan

Excellent review! Sounds like a real blockbuster :)

I’ve been wanting to try this tea for a long time now and I finally have! I went into DT when they had a buy 2×100g get 100g free sale. I was looking to try something new, so I decided to go with this one.

I will start off by saying that this tea smells delicious. It is very sweet smelling, kind of like caramel corn, but also fruity in a (good) way. The taste is very similar to the smell. I did find this tea to be very sweet, almost too sweet for my liking, but it is good for a treat now and then!

I don’t think I will be replenishing my stock, but it is a pretty decent tea. I would definitely drink it again, it just isn’t one of my favorites.

Recommended if you want to try something very unique.

Flavors: Apple, Caramel, Popcorn, Sweet

I can quite honestly this is one of the most enjoyable teas I’ve ever experienced.
I say experience because even looking at blend will bring a smile to your face.
This is one of the first loose leaf teas I ever purchased, and although it’s not the best tea on the planet, it’s certainly one of the funnest. This is a cool one to make in front of friends, they’ll ooo and ahh over the actual popcorn in the brew.
Not to mention once brewed this actually tastes like a sweet popcorn, and that’s definitely my cup of tea, delicious.