Movie Night

Butter, Caramel
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From DAVIDsTEA

A new tradition

This popcorn tea is better than the real thing. First of all, it has no calories. Second of all, it’s sweetened with maple and apple. Third of all, it has green tea, which studies (well, ok, experience) say is the ideal brew for keeping you quietly alert throughout a late-night flick. Great for thrillers, dramas, westerns or comedies. Drink it at home or smuggle it into the theatre.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Backlog from yesterday afternoon:

Oooh, this is definitely a winner. I went to a David’s Tea store to pick up my Frequent Steeper card after I signed up online, and chose this as my free cuppa as a reward for signing up. I wouldn’t have even considered trying this tea until I saw an associate scoop out some dry leaf of this for another customer. The mix of green tea, popcorn, and what I thought were pecans/walnuts looked mighty interesting.

When I asked the sales associate for a sniff of this, my nose was in heaven. Buttery! Sweet! Fruity! Caramelly! I got this to go with some agave nectar for sweetener, and my first sip was an absolute heaven of flavour. This really tastes like caramel popcorn, with the buttery sweetness of the caramel, the soft graininess of the popcorn, and the background hint of apple. Maybe if I buy enough from David’s Tea this year to get the 100-point reward, this will be my free 50g sample? Yes, I think it will.

Flavors: Butter, Caramel

keychange

Must you sign up online? or can you sign up in store?

Christina

You can do either, I think. If you’re doing it in store, though, it’s probably best to go when it’s not busy, so they can enter in your information (address, name, email, etc) into their system. If you sign up online and then go in-store, all they need to link your account to a card is your email address.

keychange

Oh ok perfect. I just signed up online, and maybe this evening I’ll go and get my keychain thing.

A sample from Shmiracles, and another one I’ve been waiting to try for ages. This smells delicious, and tastes like liquefied popcorn. There’s no other way to describe it. Nutty, buttery, caramelly. Popcorny? The fresh stuff you get at the cinema, rather than shop-bought. The green tea is nowehere in this, although there’s so little of it that’s hardly surprising. I know it’s not the most refined tea, but it’s damn good. The perfect start to my week off work!

180 °F / 82 °C 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

Lovely, lovely, lovely. Probably on the scale with Forever Nuts for its warm sweetness, I think. Just perfect for curling up in bed on a drizzly cold night like tonight (winter appears to be arriving early, much to my utter delight). I suppose we’ll see how much the green tea may keep me awake though—surely it will be better than the black tea I had just before bed last night. What a rotten night of sleep that was! I can only assume the two things were related.

Anyway, I would stock more of this in a heartbeat. Really so nice. So grateful I got the chance to try some thanks to ashleyelizabeth.

200 °F / 93 °C 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

I received a sample of this from Allie. Thank you for letting me try this one.

This is interesting. This to me tastes like roasted sugar. I could see how you could get sweet popcorn treat out of this. There wasn’t a lot of tea in this, but it was a nice treat.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Perfect accompaniment to my late night snack of rice cakes (exciting, I know.) Actually, now that I’m thinking about it, it’s kind of weird how well this tea and rice cakes compliment each other.

gmathis

Makes perfect sense!

Actually grabbed a cup of this before going to see The Wolf on Wall Street. Another amazing tea from David’s. I love how well the flavours complement each other and it accentuates the green tea. Cozy warm and comforting tea that I can’t wait to enjoy over my 12 day wild rose cleanse and after too of course!

I was very curious about this one. It smells like caramel popcorn!

I put a little bit more that 2 t.s. because I wanted to taste it well.

Guess what? It tastes like caramel popcorn too! It’s toasty, nice and just enough sweet. I like that the caramel note is present but not overpowering.

I’ll definately buy more of that!!!

I most definitely will be purchasing this in the near future. When I went in the store recently, I completely fell in love with the smell of this tea. It has a slight caramel-like scent mixed with a bit of saltyness from the popcorn (and it tastes exactly the same.) But was already buying enough tea as it was.. so after trying it, I fell even more in love with it (which I didn’t know was possible at the time) and have yet to return to the store to purchase it for myself. This tea just makes me want to cozy up next to a fire, read a good novel, and sip away. The mix of sweet and salty is just amazing. And it almost has this smoothness to it when you drink it. It reminds me a lot of mixing caramel popcorn with a white cheddar popcorn. Anyway, I hope you find this description helpful and try it out for yourself!

I had trouble believing this was green tea… I also had troubling resisting the urge to just eat the tea out of the bag! I don’t think the popcorn pieces ever made it to the teapot though :P

It’s a great tea and has an apple-y sweet flavor, however the green tea leaves make it kind of astringent. Just be sure not to burn them when you steep it, and steep it for only 4 minutes and it will be fine :)

I just love this green tea. It’s sweet and full, and it looks just great. It even resteeps well, which is a big deal for me. I break it out when I need an easy, familiar, and not overly complicated tea to accompany my movie-watching and reading.